League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

Fuck solo queue.

3-7 in my last 10 games. Worst fucking teammates ever. Ask for protection/leash at blue. Only kogmaw comes from bot. Fiddle afk's until mid pushes to his turret. Poppy sits at bot turret diddling herself. They invade and kill Kog while I gtfo and farm my top jungle. I manage to sneak in and take skarner's blue and am getting back on track. I even 1v1d skarner while he was trying to get my second blue. Looks like the game is going well and then kogmaw proceeds to feed like a mofo. 1/5/1 at about 15 minutes. Then shen and fiddle start fighting and shen quits so we lose. Fiddle sucked so bad. He didn't get a single kill with his ult. His only kills were when I would run in and spam all of my spells on one guy and he would ks. Poppy seemed competent at times. But then she would overextend and feed.

Rotation is up in Korea and viewable here. For those of you who don't want to click:

Nidalee
Vayne
Brand
Singed
Ashe
Udyr
Zilean
Cho'Gath
Fiddlesticks
Hecarim

UDYR FREE WEEK

I don't like this free week (because absolutely nothing interests me), but time to burst down all the poorly-positioned Vaynes. Not leaving fountain without a ward for every brush. LULULULULUCAWCAWCAWCAW

Only Hecarim and I think Singed who I don't own free this week, but Hecarim should be fun. Combination of VGC regionals/finals during his first week+ has left me in a spot where I'm not sure I "get" him 100% so will be nice to mess with him a bit. More excited about our shiny new AD carry though... over 6300IP thanks to that 10 win IP boost Riot gave us so I'll be snagging him immediately. Pretty pumped about his skills, should work nicely with the aggressive supports.

Also given that Evelynn is intentionally nerfed to the point she's not supposed to be viable I would probably not touch that one.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I loved playing Zilean last time he was free, so I'll be playing plenty of him this week.

And as a jungler, I'm really excited about free Udyr :D

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
inb4 infinite bot game dodges and a bunch of dominion losses because everyone wants to play udyr

at least i get to try hecarim

Im loving the new patch, some highlights:

-Small Sivir Buff
-Huge Irelia Buff
-Support Tanks Buff (Mumu especially)
-Warwick nerf
-Soraka Nerf

Only ones I care about really. The only con in the patch as far as I can see is the WotA price increase other than that nothing in there effects my playstyle but actually improves on some of the champs I use(top solo irelia anyone?). WW and Soraka users might be upset though :]

Outside of Varus not being included after they said he wouldn't be delayed(shocker) and the Ryze changes being kind of hard to interpret as someone who doesn't play the character it's another pretty good patch I think.

I didn't particularly miss Annie, Amumu, or Irelia but they've all kinda vanished from competitive games and this should help all of them at least a little without making any of them top tier.

I'm not really sure the MR/level thing was that necessary on most of those characters considering that there's only really 6 supports that show up in competitive games post-Sona nerfs and Leona, Alistar, Taric, and Nunu are all already in that group, but I tend to like that type of support better so I'm all for it, and Riot has never been very subtle about favoring the aggressive supports, either.

The little nerfs to Lee Sin, Kog'maw, and Olaf are neat too, since none of them are character ruining but should turn down the broken parts of the two bruisers a little. Kog's is an interesting choice to nerf but it should make it easier to put him down early which is supposed to be the counter to him anyway.

Pretty hysterical Dignitas managed to get Soraka and Lulu nerfed in one tournament, too.

The big kicker of this patch though: All chat being hidden by default. I don't even know what to say about that...

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Miss Fortune
  • Bullet Time now deals physical damage
  • Double Up secondary target damage increased to 120% from 115%
I dunno they look like they're trying to buff MF but if anything Bullet Time going from magic to physical is a nerf since you can just build armor against it. Not sure where Riot's going with this.

Irelia buff is pretty cool solely because it's an Irelia buff...who would've thought? Prob won't help her a lot though but it's an alright buff.

@Ryze Changes

First of all, my favorite change:
Autoattack said:
Base missile speed increased to 2400 from 1400
:D. Should make it easier to last hit considering how awful his AA was.

From the numbers alone it looks like Ryze has been buffed. His early game damage has gone up and so is his super late game. His mid to early late game damage has gone down a bit unless you're really lucky with Spell Fluxes which theoretically means he'd do more damage thanks to the bounces really amplifying its damage.

Overload range drop from 675 to 650 is kinda annoying but when he has to combo he has to be at Rune Prison range anyways.

• Summoner Heal base value reduced to 100 from 145
Last time I checked on PBE Lv.1 heal was 125. Did they really nerf it again?

pookar

Banned deucer.
ryze changes especially from the patch preview video are hypocritical for lack of a better word

phreak said you want to build more ap on him, however if you do build him like that you literally have no combo ability because of lack of mana, so the best way to build him is still full mana. the only thing that might change is roa over banshees but i doubt it. Maybe upgrade archangels earlier too, but his build shouldnt change competitively

@Ryze Changes

First of all, my favorite change:

:D. Should make it easier to last hit considering how awful his AA was.

From the numbers alone it looks like Ryze has been buffed. His early game damage has gone up and so is his super late game. His mid to early late game damage has gone down a bit unless you're really lucky with Spell Fluxes which theoretically means he'd do more damage thanks to the bounces really amplifying its damage.

Overload range drop from 675 to 650 is kinda annoying but when he has to combo he has to be at Rune Prison range anyways.
As a guy who really started with Ryze...yeah, it's pretty much a net buff. I actually did some rough calculations myself-his net damage output from a QWQEQRQWQEQ combo has actually increased slightly. Ryze already built a few utility AP items (WotA, Void Staff, if you had cash and an otherwise finished build AAS), now he has a reason to get them earlier. Archangel's Staff in particular.

As for the AP glass cannon Phreak and Morello were talking about...yeah, need to test that. I'm thinking of getting RoA+Rabadon's+Lich Bane (yay autoattack buffs!)+AAS+Sorcs+Void Staff at this time-anyone have better ideas?

I just played with a 0/9/2 Corki. The game lasted 24 minutes. Effectively, he died once every 2.6666666667 minutes. How do you do that? Do you die every time your respawn is on cooldown?

Also I hate this free week aaaaaaaa fucking Nidalee Caitlyn lane ~__~ the poke (my ping was spiking so my limited ability to dodge skillshots became a nonexistent one, especially since I ended up dcing, reconnected, and then couldn't even see Nidalee, just her ragdoll... yeah, not playing humans while my internet is like this :x)

the most frustrating thing about playing vayne is definitely when the other champion has a dash so when you tumble up next to them so you can nail them to the wall they dash and you just knock them further and your team rages :(

also brand is really fun but i basically dropped off so much in the teamfight phase, not really sure what to do other than throw an ult into their team when they group together :/

pookar: Keep in mind that Phreak pointed out RoA over BV as a damage item on Ryze, and that Rod of Ages has the second-best mana in the game when maxed. Even more mana than tanky Ryze if you add a Lich Bane (which a burst Ryze with Rabadon's Deathcap now has an incentive to use) to that. Also note that the point was more to diversify Ryze's options than to alter his build order entirely.

Upon a preemptory Dominion bots game and a Twisted Treeline game...holy crap he feels so more more powerful early game. Granted I was playing against idiots on TT (...Archangel's Staff+Doran's Blade Ezreal, a Wukong that couldn't abuse his clone properly, and an AD Poppy...) and got uber-fed, but he still feels so much more awesome. His ult movespeed is a phenomenal new addition, since it actually feels like something to use tactically now and not just another boost to his combo. Speaking of which, his burst is actually half decent now.

Overall Ryze feels just so much more active to play. I'll do some more testing though.

I feel ya, Guldo. To me Brands ult should be the epitome of burst damage when in reality its far from that aaaand I get punished a lot for thinking that..

As a guy who really started with Ryze...yeah, it's pretty much a net buff. I actually did some rough calculations myself-his net damage output from a QWQEQRQWQEQ combo has actually increased slightly. Ryze already built a few utility AP items (WotA, Void Staff, if you had cash and an otherwise finished build AAS), now he has a reason to get them earlier. Archangel's Staff in particular.

As for the AP glass cannon Phreak and Morello were talking about...yeah, need to test that. I'm thinking of getting RoA+Rabadon's+Lich Bane (yay autoattack buffs!)+AAS+Sorcs+Void Staff at this time-anyone have better ideas?
There's no point for Lich Bane, the buff to his AA was to help last hitting. Your combo should be up almost all the time, theres no point in AA in between. WoTA is much better replacement

There's no point for Lich Bane, the buff to his AA was to help last hitting. Your combo should be up almost all the time, theres no point in AA in between. WoTA is much better replacement
Yeah, that was mostly theorycrafting. I actually wondered about it due to the movespeed bonus so he can more easily abuse his ultimate movespeed, but meh.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I dunno they look like they're trying to buff MF but if anything Bullet Time going from magic to physical is a nerf since you can just build armor against it. Not sure where Riot's going with this.
Whaaaaat? People have been bitching about the ult being magic damage forever. If it is physical damage, it is affected by Armor Penetration which AD carries build. People build magic resist too, but MF won't build MPen. This is an extreme buff.

Basically, MissFortune's ult puts out more damage Early-Mid. Most AD carries don't build ArmPen anymore.. that I'm aware of. . 10% Arm Pen and 6 Flat ArmPen from masteries. ArmPen items are always built lat game when her ult deals negligible damage. AD Reds and Quints are far superior

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)