"Lets Dance With Knives" - OU RMT

Since our last RMT burned faster then the world trade centers when Sweepage and I bombed them, Twistoffate and I went to make a new team, and it's awesome. Team - "Lets Dance With Knives".

Overview:

In-depth look:

The Lead

"Hotty Bby" Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
Naive nature (+Speed, -SpDef)
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

We wanted something to lay out some Stealth Rock and deal some massive damage, Heatran can do that job great. I mean, there really isn't much more to talk about for LeadTran. It's awesome, just like us.

Team Sync:
Water: Swampert, Gyarados, Latias.
Fighting: Zapdos, Gyarados, Latias.
Ground: Zapdos, Gyarados, Latias.

---
Physical Tank / Status Absorber

"Pertfect" Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 52 Atk / 216 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SpAtk)
- Avalanche
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This is something you don't see every day, a Restalk Pert. This thing is amazing, you don't have to worry about status with this thing since it can just rest it off and deal out some good damage while doing it. Avalanche is over a water move for coverage, obviously.

Team Sync:
Grass: Heatran, Zapdos, Latias, Lucario.

---
Physical Wall / Support

"1 Volt" Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Light Screen
- Roost

Light Screen on Zapdos is just amazing, it can already take a special hit or 2, but with Light Screen up, it can take them as well as physical attacks while dealing out massive special attack damage via Thunder Bolt and Heatwave. We needed Light Screen since this team is mostly on the physical side, except for Latias and Tran, and they aren't special tanks or walls, so we needed some Light Screen to make sure the Pokemon take special hits.

Team Sync:
Rock: Swampert, Lucario.
Ice: Heatran, Lucario

---
Bulky Physical Attacker

"Mr. H" Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 108 Atk / 70 Def / 176 Speed
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt

I bet you guys never saw this kind of Gyarados before! A bulky DDer, it's so new to the metagame! 10 bucks says that we are the first people to even come up with this set! Joking aside, we needed a bulky attacker and Gyarados does the job well. 176 Speed EVs allows us to outspeed base 115 Speed after 1 DD, such as Starmie and if it's a non-bulky version, Stone Edge can OHKO with SR damage, or whatout. I dunno, I'm too lazy to do the calcs right now. But yeah, Gyarados is awesome. Eh, able to sweep teams and doesn't afraid of nothing.

Team Sync:
Rock: Swampert, Lucario.
Electric: Swampert, Latias.

---
Speed Of Special Attack / Tricker

"The Girl" Latias @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
Timid nature (+Speed, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Trick

ScarfLatias is there for the speed and surprise factor. It can also trick to screw up an opponent's Pokemon, such as Blissey. We also needed a fast special attacker, since both of our physical sweepers are on the slower side and they are based on setting up then sweeping, and Latias is in great sync with them.

Team Sync:
Dragon: Heatran, Lucario.
Ice: Heatran, Lucario.
Dark: Heatran, Lucario.
Ghost: Heatran, Lucario.

---
The Late Game Sweep

"Stupid MF" Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Extremespeed
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
---

This is how we got Ice Puncher over Crunch on Luke:

Fady: We need something to counter Gliscor...
Jak: Ice Punch.
Fady: That works.

So yeah, since Crunch was mostly there for Gengars and Noir, and they aren't in the metagame as much anymore, and Gliscor is, Ice Punch works better. Sure, Rotom is there, Crunch won't OHKO then Rotom can WoW and Luke is screwed...so yeah, Ice Punch on the switch to Rotom, then switch out, some nice damage and you're out of there into Latias or Heatran to deal more damage. The point in this Lucario is to obviously, late game sweep. That's what Luke is best for, and that's how we use him.

If you're using Ice Punch then you should run Jolly nature because almost all Gliscor are EV'd to outspeed Adamant Lucario. However, more and more are outspeeding all Luke variants, so I recommend you just stick with Adamant and Crunch. Though Noir and Gengar are less prominent, Rotom-A is certainly common, and Crunch OHKO's all Rotom-A's after an SD. Gyarados threatens Gliscor anyway, coming in on Earthquake and threatening with Waterfall.

OHAI FADY, LOOK LOOK ITS ME, REMEMBER ME, RITE? :3 I have to rate this. Sort of. (Keep in mind my rates suck and it won't be of any help)

Looking here first glance and not using it, I don't see any problems with your team, and it seems well proportioned. Although, seeing as besides Latias, you don't have much anything to counter Rotom well, I would go with Crunch on Lucario. After Platinum came out, the standard Gliscor set is designed to outspeed Jolly Lucario and kill it off before it can go and Ice Punch, and besides, you already have Gyarados, Latias, AND Swampert. What more do you need to counter Gliscor? If anything, T-wave Celebi seems like it would give you some trouble. But you have Taunt on Gyarados, so that helps.
Apart from Rotom I really don't see anything that is a glaring weakness, or that you might have trouble with, and that can be countered by Crunch with Lucario.

ok I agree with the previous posters on having crunch over ice punch simply because lucario just isn't fast enough to do what you need it to do. However now your lacking the ice needed to counter certain threats, well you could drop the light screen support on your zapdos and give him hidden power ice. Unfortunately in order to outspeed gliscor and prevent the possible stone edge your going to need to invest heavily in speed. So its up to you on what you want to do.

ok I agree with the previous posters on having crunch over ice punch simply because lucario just isn't fast enough to do what you need it to do. However now your lacking the ice needed to counter certain threats, well you could drop the light screen support on your zapdos and give him hidden power ice. Unfortunately in order to outspeed gliscor and prevent the possible stone edge your going to need to invest heavily in speed. So its up to you on what you want to do.

IMO, Gliscor isn't that much of a threat to Zapdos.

Anyway, HP Ice on Zapdos isn't the best option, as most of the things it can hurt are either faster than it, or can KO it (ie Mence,Lati,Flygon, whatever etc.)

So i suggest changing it to the following

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Bold 252 HP/252 Def/ 6 SPATT
Tbolt
Heatwave
Roost
Thunder Wave

Para support would be nice to have on your team, and is a better option over Light Screen since Dos isn't holding Light Clay. Another option could be HP Grass to severly hurt Pert.

Sorry, that's all I can say, I'm not a Team Rater, but I hoped I helped

You know looking at this team again, with a clear mind, I'm noticing that Swampert seems like more of a dead weight to me. I mean... what does it really do? I know it takes status and whatnot, but it doesn't really cover anything in particular. I think something that might work well here would be CursePert, with Rest/SleepTalk/Curse/EQ. You've got Rotom covered with Latias and Heatran (If the latter doesn't Explode, that is.), and have Mence covered with Latias as well, so I think you can afford to use your most powerful STAB move as your attack. But, then you'd have two bulky sweepers. It's just a suggestion, if you want a ResTalker; I've found CursePert to be pretty effective.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Nice team here, good balance. Something I see right now is the lack of contribution for Swampert. I'd make a swap for Swampert and Heatran's role and let me explain why. Lucario + Heatran make an excellent offensive synergy as Heatran loves to take take Scarf Overheat or Will-O-Wisp, opening up a free Substitute for Heatran. The moveset for Heatran is Substitute / Fire Blast / Earth Power / Toxic. with Leftovers and same nature. This way you can Substitute on a switch out from Rotom, fish in Water-types and use Toxic to greatly hinder them throughout the course of the match. This helps Gyarados sweep much efficiently overall. I believe that the tied-and-true synergy is Lucario + Gyarados + Sub Heatran fishing out certain Pokemon and help each other out. As for Swampert make it 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpA and movesets Stealth Rock / Earthquake / Ice Beam / Protect. If Swampert wants to contribute, it should defenitley use the lead slot. Stealth Rock is self explanitory, Ice Beam + Earthquake give good coverage overall while Protect is there to block out any source of Explosion users. The last thing you want is a dented Heatran or Lucario or a fainted Swampert. Otherwise, your in deep trouble when you face Tyranitar.

As for other options, I would try out 248 HP / 168 Def / 76 Spe on Zapdos at a Timid Nature to outpace Adamant Lucario, as well as Adamant Gyarados. This patches up your issues with Lucario who run Stone Edge. (Jolly with Stone Edge is very very rare so dont worry). You can smash it with Heat Wave before it hits you, while you can ensure that you are faster than Adamant Gyarados and you dont have to resort to switching to Latias to take the Stone Edge. Lucario with Crunch over Ice Punch should work out for you, otherwise Ice Punch would just be a guessing game to smash Gliscor on a switch-in. Overall gl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)