Lie, Cheat, and Steal Mafia Thieves Win

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Zorbees

Important Rule 1) There are no power roles in the village. There is no inspector, bodyguard, hooker, or safeguard. If someone claims with these roles, they are mafia. There may be similar but nerfed roles, and I'll let you decide what that means, but none of these roles I just named will be in the village.

Important Rule 2) Don't play follow the cop. By that I mean don't base your scum hunting off of the inspector, which you don't have. I know I can't ask you not to have a village leader, but even though this isn't NOC you'll need to work to get reads on people in order to scum hunt. Otherwise just use common sense. The line-up of roles may surprise you in ways that I don't want to confirm or deny, so don't use "this doesn't happen on smogon" to justify scum hunting.

Important Rule 3) There is an abrupt twist that will force players to not use outside contact at certain times. If you can't follow that rule, don't signup.

1) Living players can talk. Dead players can’t. No exceptions.

2) Every user has a role PM. You may not copy and paste role PMs on the first night of the game, Night 0. After Night 0 is over, you may copy and paste your role PMs. You can fake role PMs, obviously.

3) Do not screenshot anything related to this game.

4) You may paste logs of conversations had on IRC, including logs with the hosts. You can also fake a log, including logs with the hosts.

5) Each day will have a deadline of 48 hours. You may vote to lynch a player during the day by posting "vote USER" in bold, or "No lynch" if you don't want to vote for anyone, and if you change your vote, you MUST edit the bolded text out of the old post if you post with a new vote.

5.5) No stealth lynching. This will be determined at my discretion, so just don't do it.

6) If there is a tie in the vote, no player will be lynched.

7) For the most part, priorities are as they usually are in other games. If two actions with the same priority (eg from the same card) occur, they will both be successful, barring other circumstances. I can answer some questions you may have about priority.

8) There are no items in this game. Don’t claim thief or you will be laughed at.

9) If the rules and your role PM clash in any way, your role PM takes precedence.

10) If you are godkilled in the middle of the day, all votes against you immediately turn to No Lynch votes.

11) Don’t be an idiot. This is completely subjective and I reserve the right to do whatever I need to punish idiocy (but I will take advantage of this right as rarely as possible).

Final Rule 12) Don't call your spreadsheets Lie Cheat and Steal Spread. I do that. That gets annoying fast. Be a little more specific please, like your team or the person who made it.

Final Final Rule 13) You were sent PMs titled "Role PM and Actions", please give me your actions in that convo.

Player List
Acklow
Blue_Tornado
FireMage
ginganinja
Yeti (subbed for macle)

Deaths
Da Letter El (Liar, Rogue, N1)
Fatecrashers (Liar, Vigilante, N1)
moi (Liar, Martyr, N1)
imperfectluck (Liar, Prio Up, D2)
The-Me (Liar, Decoy, N2)
Laurel (Cheater, Hooker, D3)
kingokongs (Liar, Messenger, N3)
More Cowbell (Liar, Prio Down, N3)
agape (Thief, Killer/G Fixer, D4)
Walrein (Liar, Mayor, N4)
askaninjask (Liar, Healer, D5)
UllarWarlord (Thief, Bodyguard/Ninja, N5)
Lightwolf (Liar, Doctor, D6)
Ditto (Cheater, Inspector/Neg Mayor, N6)
Ace Emerald (Wolf, Lie/Cheat/Steal, D7)
Sandshrewz (Liar, Backup, N7)
penguin344 (Liar, Tracker, D8)
Celever (Liar, Backup, N8)

Last edited:

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Good fun, have luck

Seriously though, I think we need to treat this game much more like an NOC game than anything else. The concept of a single "village leader" fails to work when we have no bodyguard capable of protecting them. That village leader could have backups, but how are we supposed to clean those backup leaders without an inspector? And even if that worked, according to the rules of this game at some point we're going to fall into a number of NOC phases of the game, so appointing new village leaders then will be impossible.

I'm not sure what then is the best way to go about this game... but it can't hurt if a lot of information is posted in this thread. We may (perhaps must) resort to some "scumhunting" tactics later on in the game, and if we can look through the history of the thread to see who argued with whom and who was strangely silent all the time, it may benefit us once NOC strikes or even earlier.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm on board with the semi-NOC idea. I also strongly recommend that anyone with a pseudo-power-role not inform others of their abilities unless absolutely necessary, since, y'know, no BG.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I had no idea that liking posts was even something people cared about in mafia these days.

I don't see why you can't like posts.

EDIT: Oh but what Walrein said. No dead-liking.

Last edited:
We still don't know half the things that this game has to throw at us so I'm not sure what we can even talk about at this point.

If anyone has information to share on D1, though, I suggest the mouthpiece system.

note: for what askaninjask is suggesting, it is IMPERATIVE that everyone posts in this thread, talks on IRC and maintains a sensible knowledge of this game. Communicate and talk, it'll help us get much more organised.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)