1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

List of leaked/rumoured VGC Dates and Locations

Discussion in 'VGC' started by Firestorm, Mar 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Don't take the following as a confirmation.

Dallas, TX - Saturday May 28th, 2011
    http://www.arlingtontx.gov/acc/Calendar.html

Indianapolis, IL (Nationals) - Friday July 8th - Sunday July 10th
    http://www.icclos.com/conv/R1107040.asp
    Confirmed to be TCG Nationals and it will hopefully be VGC Nationals as well like last year

San Diego, CA (Worlds) - August 2011
    As announced at last year's Worlds.

I've checked the other 2011 US Regional locations and they don't have anything yet. I also checked the Vancouver and Toronto convention centre sites and found nothing so far. Check out your local venues and see if anything shows up on the calendar :)
  2. Pokemafia

Pokemafia

I never thought about checking the venues' sites, that's actually a really good idea.
    Anybody remember where the venue was when it was in London?
  3. Arcanite

Arcanite

It was at the NEC in Birmingham if I remember right.

EDIT: Nothing on their site either, although the predicted date (28th May) is free....
  4. Pokemafia

Pokemafia

That was last year's, I meant where was it when it was last in London?
  5. Havak

Havak I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

In London it was a venue called 'The Circus Space', but that was a terrible venue and I doubt it'll be chosen again. I'm more-so expecting Birmingham's NEC again, or Manchester Central. If not those, then a new venue in London.

The United Kingdom tournament will most likely be Saturday, May 28th (unless it's pushed back a bit to some time in June). I've already checked a few venues just to see if anything is booked in for the dates around that time.

Birmingham NEC - Nothing booked for May 28th. Only June 4th is is unavailable so far.
    Manchester Central - Nothing booked for May 28th. Only June 26th is unavailable so far.
    London Circus Space - Something booked for May 28th. Every Saturday is booked in June.

Circus Space won't be chosen anyway, but it can't be booked for any dates that are likely to see a European tournament anyway (late May - late June). I don't know London all that well, but considering the NEC was booked in Birmingham, something big could be chosen in London. I'm not talking o2 Arena, but perhaps a few venue sizes down. We'll just have to wait and see.
  6. Rukario

Rukario

The Altman building was used in 2008 for the Northeast qualifiers in New York. However, it is very small so I doubt they will use it this year if it is held in NYC. I didn't check the Expo Center in Newark, New Jersey yet, I might however. If it is held in Newark again, chances are it might be held there.

Anyway, that was smart thinking Firestorm :)
  7. Rukario

Rukario

I checked the Meadowlands Expo Center in Newark, New Jersey and they only have upcoming events up until late April. Nothing from there yet.
  8. ncsbert

ncsbert

This is where the Atlanta regional was in 2010.

I've been checking the calendar every now and then, but nothing has shown up so far.
  9. StarmanXL

StarmanXL

Indianapolis again, eh? I might be able to make it this time (I had to work last year when the tour came to Indy...dammit).
  10. Ice-Master

Ice-Master

Should I assume that if it is being held in Texas, that will be the closest one to Florida?
  11. CakesOfSpan

CakesOfSpan

Nope, southeast regional could (and probably will) be closer to you like last year (Atlanta).
  12. Ice-Master

Ice-Master

Good. i know they had it there last year, and thats where I've been planning. But I just wanted to ask to be safe
  13. PygmyPuff812

PygmyPuff812

It seems like they might be the same locations as last year :( (except for worlds)
    If so, the nearest event to me is the LCQ... really, they should have an event in the Twin Cities...
  14. Arcticblast

Arcticblast
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner

I hope there's one in Pittsburgh for once.
  15. Werecario

Werecario

Im just happy there is one at the same place in Arlington as last year. 15 min from my house ftw? I think so ;)
  16. Maestro Arena

Maestro Arena

It has been confirmed by the official site South Korea is participating this year
  17. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

Ummmm... Korean Pokemon games have never been compatible with any other Pokemon games. How could they participate?
  18. Bug Maniac Marc

Bug Maniac Marc

And which official site exactly?
  19. cantab

cantab

There is an international theme to Black and White, so maybe they've sorted it so South Korean games can battle with those from other countries.
  20. Sniffles

Sniffles

I don't think the home school study thing on May 28th in Texas sounds like a Pokemon event, but I'll still try to see if there is anything about one in Colorado.
  21. Werecario

Werecario

At first I was like, what the heck do you mean then I looked at the calendar and I realized, your right, there is no longer a regional posted on the Arlington Convention Center website. I wonder why that is. Do you think it was cancelled, moved, or taken off to keep it more secretive until officially announced?
  22. Maestrol55

Maestrol55

They know our motives. xD
  23. TeeJay

TeeJay

This happened last year, as well. We found the event calendar and it was removed before the official announcement. A good reminder (for other topics) that they do read these forums.
  24. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

They are this gen. Korean Pokemon can now be traded directly to and from any other language Black\White, because now there's room for the full Korean character set.
  25. BlueCookies

BlueCookies April Fools 2009 Participant
    is a VGC 2012 Masters World Champion

Man I hope taiwan gets tournaments, me and deagle need to represent team taiwan at worlds
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)