List of Released Dream World Pokemon and Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, haven't heard anything about Vulpix, but I wouldn't be too surprised. There really are some good pokemon showing up at the 15000 and 20000 range. I do hope Nintendo starts to be less stingy with the starters (however if you had to buy something to get them, i don't think they'll be giving them away for free anytime soon). I did hear Swift Swim Psyduck and Volt Absorb Pachirisu are in the forest after 15000. I also heard multiple people found Vital Spirit Elekid in the forest, but no idea at what score level. Probably 20000. If I didn't break the 10000 level last night I'll definitely do so tonight. Looking forward to Regen Slowpoke ^^.

Only six Pokemon over three separate runs--kept finding berries! The ocean actually scared me since it went like this: berry, berry, nothing, male Horsea, nothing, berry, nothing, nothing... but then it all ended well. Of everything we know about in the Dream World from the wiki, Slowpoke has to be at least in my top five (Nidoran, Tangela, Magikarp, and Dratini are all really close for me), so I'm really happy with that one.

My Black is up to 9937, so with any luck I'll be double-dipping tomorrow. For the first time I feel like it was actually worthwhile to push through both accounts since finding Magikarp, Staryu, and Carvanha will take ages. It's brutal having only a 33% chance of even getting into the ocean to begin with and then still needing to get through the enormous selection of Pokemon at random.

Drizzletoad is allowed into ramdom battle. Probably Poliwhirl is in DW but it should be into a bigger number, so we have to wait.
If this is true, then wouldn't it be possible to test the legitimacy of DW Pokemon by attempting to enter them into a random battle? Would this also test the legality of certain move combinations?

EDIT: I quickly tested the theory. It appears that random battle allows illegal moves (I tested a Porygon-Z with Draco Meteor and it was allowed in).

If this is true, then wouldn't it be possible to test the legitimacy of DW Pokemon by attempting to enter them into a random battle? Would this also test the legality of certain move combinations?

EDIT: I quickly tested the theory. It appears that random battle allows illegal moves (I tested a Porygon-Z with Draco Meteor and it was allowed in).
Hmm...my yoterii that has "Fly" and can't enter random match.

Or another theory...it doesn't check pokemon that is hatched.

It's brutal having only a 33% chance of even getting into the ocean to begin with and then still needing to get through the enormous selection of Pokemon at random.
I agree. I'll be starting the Shining Sea tonight and I'm still mad I barely got to go into the sky stage. From 5000-10000 points I ran into one (male of course) Aerodactyl. The last two nights consisted of two forest runs each and that's it. I'm still missing at least three pokemon from the forest, so it's not like all those random forest runs helped anything. To think I'll probably be doing this again when the US version comes out makes me a little queasy.

It's not completely confirmed, but a Japanese person said they ran into Poliwag in the forest at above 20000 points. No SS or proof other than the legit list of other pokemon it ran into in the same run and that it had Mist (Egg Move).

Didn't get to see the ocean in White today :/, but Black gets a female Relicanth with Sleep Talk (just an egg move). Male Wailmer and Finneon with Water Gun, nothing big there. That Slowpoke was actually tempting even though I already got one.

I agree. I'll be starting the Shining Sea tonight and I'm still mad I barely got to go into the sky stage. From 5000-10000 points I ran into one (male of course) Aerodactyl. The last two nights consisted of two forest runs each and that's it. I'm still missing at least three pokemon from the forest, so it's not like all those random forest runs helped anything. To think I'll probably be doing this again when the US version comes out makes me a little queasy.
I know it's gotten bad when I'm actually hoping there won't be any exclusive Pokemon in the English Global Link site. If I had to go through Dream World again for a Cleffa or Swinub or something and they don't have 10+ minigames by that point, then eesh... I'd just skip all minigames except hide-and-seek and any Pokemon I wanted, and mostly water berries for points.

Thankfully, right now we're 19 to 16 for discovered vs. undiscovered non-Isshu, non-starter, non-legendary Pokemon whose Dream World abilities I care about even in passing. Just need to tip those scales a little further...

Haha, I just had the worst DW day ever. My score is just above 10000 and was really looking forward to the Shining Sea today. Instead I get a forest run with absolutely no pokemon (berries and nothing on all 9 screen) and a sky run with two measly pokemon, a Hoppip and a Murkrow. And that's it. Two Pokemon has to be some kind of record. I guess the positive thing is I can do other things with my life for the next 45 minutes lol.

The Wiki has Elekid officially listed now in the forest after 20000 points. Also, Kabuto's special move in the Sea is actually pretty notable: Stealth Rock. Relicanth's is Earth Power, which would be notable except he has 45 base Sp. Att.. I guess if somebody wanted to run a Calm Mind set lol. It also gets Sleep Talk. Rest + Sleep Talk + Sturdy could have its uses.

Maybe the US version DW pokemon will get different (possibly better?) moves. I gotta say I'm not going to be running Sleep Talk on every other Pokemon I use.

Maybe the US version DW pokemon will get different (possibly better?) moves. I gotta say I'm not going to be running Sleep Talk on every other Pokemon I use.
Man...please...I don't want to play US version again...

Not only will you have to redo it for the US version, but you'll also have to do it for Grey and the US version of that.

Or really, you could just do it on one version and trade your DW pokemon to other games. If you don't like Japanese names you can always give it an English nickname.

If Isshu pokemon only appear in the DW in Grey like people are guessing, you will have to redo it for that though...

Not only will you have to redo it for the US version, but you'll also have to do it for Grey and the US version of that.

Or really, you could just do it on one version and trade your DW pokemon to other games. If you don't like Japanese names you can always give it an English nickname.

If Isshu pokemon only appear in the DW in Grey like people are guessing, you will have to redo it for that though...
Oh god, no. The horror. This is worse than grinding on mmorpgs. ):

Not a good run today either. 2 runs, once in the sky and once in the forest. Only perk was getting a female yanma.

Oh I had every plan to trade these damned little critters over. If the Gen V pokemon are going to be released way later, that does mean we don't have to worry about Shadow Tag Shandera until much later in a metagame that will probably have some more moves available through tutors.

To be honest, I'm not really sure how well this is going to catch on in the US. Unless your pokemon get AK47s and can beat up hookers in the Dream World, I don't think most Americans will want to play it for more than a couple weeks. Maybe Nintendo of America will come up with a different, less grindy way to get the pokemon with the new abilities. Either that or everybody will just AR or Pokesav, which is probably going to happen no matter what the outcome.

Oh god, no. The horror. This is worse than grinding on mmorpgs. ):
No kidding. I'm an mmo player and I've played some pretty grindy games before, but this really tops the cake...

To be honest, I'm not really sure how well this is going to catch on in the US. Unless your pokemon get AK47s and can beat up hookers in the Dream World, I don't think most Americans will want to play it for more than a couple weeks. Maybe Nintendo of America will come up with a different, less grindy way to get the pokemon with the new abilities. Either that or everybody will just AR or Pokesav, which is probably going to happen no matter what the outcome.
Lol. Well really I don't understand the purpose of the DW, marketing-wise. It has the obvious effect of releasing new abilities, but who in the world is supposed to actually enjoy playing it? Children under 10? They don't have the patience to play it more than a few days in a row, I don't think. Unless Japanese children are extremely different than western children, idk. Compared to the pokewalker, which did virtually the same thing, the DW forces you to sit in front of a computer compared to being active, and requires you to play games for an hour straight instead of being able to randomly pull out your pokewalker at random times.

Casual pokemon players will probably only play the DW for a couple days and stop then. The only people that will really play it will be the competitive players, and for them they'd do anything they need to to get their new DW abilities. Or at least that's what I'm thinking.

The DW gods hate me. Two runs: one forest, one sea. Three pokemon altogether, one female hoppip (which I already have), a male wooper, and a male wailmer. I had the same pokemon in the DW for a while because I just wasn't finding anything I wanted to send back, and maybe that was screwing up my dream mojo. It's probably just bad luck with the RNG, but I have to try something. I think I've met ten pokemon in the last four days.

I'm starting to hear more and more people talking about Poliwag and Vulpix showing up in the forest after 20000 points. Hopefully this isn't another Swimming Goggles fiasco.

The DW gods hate me. Two runs: one forest, one sea. Three pokemon altogether, one female hoppip (which I already have), a male wooper, and a male wailmer. I had the same pokemon in the DW for a while because I just wasn't finding anything I wanted to send back, and maybe that was screwing up my dream mojo. It's probably just bad luck with the RNG, but I have to try something. I think I've met ten pokemon in the last four days.

I'm starting to hear more and more people talking about Poliwag and Vulpix showing up in the forest after 20000 points. Hopefully this isn't another Swimming Goggles fiasco.
Haha how ironic. I met 16 Pokemon today, except the only females I got were... Lickitung and Stantler :( I've been seeing very little correlation between points on minigames and gender of Pokemon. I'm consistently getting 80k+ on the Wailord and ~55k on Pelipper, and nothing good comes out of it. The females I met today were through a 20k Combee and 30k Hide+Seek =/

No ocean runs in Black or White today.

Re: the MMORPG comparisons, yeah, pretty much. It would be fine if the games were actually fun, since I can play all kinds of things for 200+ hours if I enjoy them, but they really aren't. And watering berries used to speed things up, but it's obvious every time I go around visiting houses that a lot of people have dropped off from the tediousness--and I can't blame them, so hey. It's one thing to passively breed eggs while watching a video or something, but this is so much more involved that it gets tiresome. I agree that I'm not sure what the point of the Dream World is from a marketing perspective.

No ocean runs in Black or White today.

Re: the MMORPG comparisons, yeah, pretty much. It would be fine if the games were actually fun, since I can play all kinds of things for 200+ hours if I enjoy them, but they really aren't. And watering berries used to speed things up, but it's obvious every time I go around visiting houses that a lot of people have dropped off from the tediousness--and I can't blame them, so hey. It's one thing to passively breed eggs while watching a video or something, but this is so much more involved that it gets tiresome. I agree that I'm not sure what the point of the Dream World is from a marketing perspective.
i have some connection problems, so way behind in points, 4100ish, im just thinking of leaveing it, doing the events every so often, and if there is a drought tails or something i want, trade for it, someone in the world is going to be OCD enough to do it, and will breed them for the rest of us.

Speaking of droughttails...

37 ロコン ひでり - - あくのはどう -
60 ニョロモ すいすい - - - -

Those two are on the wiki now ^^. Vulpix with Dark Pulse (an actually decent move!) and Poliwag (no move listed). Seems like both of Dratini's moves are egg moves: Dragonbreath and Water Pulse. Elekid's special move is Magnet Rise and Natu's is Giga Drain. They haven't been wrong before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)