Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain

Hey people, I'm here with another RMT after a few months. The title is taken from the song which shares the same name, lol. This time, I made a rain team and it's sort of because I wanted to abuse hydration vaporeon which is by far, my favorite pokemon besides haxrachi. These two will always go together in my teams haha. This team is quite new though I've played with it. The results are pretty good! But I'll be glad to take any constructive opinions as I feel that something is still lacking.

Without further ado, here's the team:

Best politoed picture ever..

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Modest, 252 sp.atk/252 speed/4 def
Drizzle
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hypnosis
- Focus Blast​

Drizzle toed - the staple for all rain teams. As much as I hate to say it, it's really a deadweight at times, aye. But we can't do without it so he's in. Anyway, the moves and ev spread is simple. Hit fast and hard and gtfo. Ice beam ohko lead brelooms and politoed helps in killing rampaging excadrills. Hypnosis is for certain bitchy leads like lead ferrothorn as focus blast won't really hurt it much. The only problem is hypnosis's high chance of missing. Seriously, it's so annoying that I always feel like plucking my hair out whenever it misses or my heart will just sink immediately.​

Vaporeon @ leftovers
Bold, 248hp/252def/8 speed
Hydration
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Rest​

Presenting to all, Hydration vaporeon who currently occupies a very significant portion in my heart now. It's like the new Milotic so now no one can complain about vaporeon not having instant recovery and with rain being so common these days, it really isn't a huge issue. Immunity to status whilst in the rain and being able to hit harder than milotic with its fantastic base 110 sp. atk. Rest is damn troll in the rain as imagine you hit vaporeon till it's left with say 3% and it will just rest itself to full and wakes up instantly. The moves are standard and don't really require much explanation. The slight speed creep is for jellicent to prevent getting taunted by it before I toxic it. I use haze as I dislike the negative priority on roar. With haze, it shuts down any attempts to set up such as by the likes of reuniclus whatever and it still bypasses substitutes. Furthermore, it helps in shutting down bp teams. Smeargles who try to spore vaporeon ends up failing real badly whilst espeon can't magic bounce my haze, unlike roar which can strangely be reflected back at you and phaze you instead (how stupid, argh).​

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Careful, 252hp/220sp def/ 36 speed
Serene Grace
- Wish
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam/T-wave
- Iron Head​

Standard special wall jirachi here to sponge hits from the likes of latios, hydreigon and dragonite to a certain extent here. It also helps in getting rid of stupid calm mind reuniclus and virizions. SR for entry hazard support and in getting rid of dragonite's multiscale. Otherwise, everything about it is really standard and you guys should have seen enough of haxrachi so I shan't elaborate too much. Occasionally I would prefer the immediate effect of t-wave as body slam is sort of luck dependent. Even though serene grace helps, it still isn't a guaranteed factor. Although this also means missing the chance to paralyse ground types. Both have seen their fair amount of uses thus the slash between the two.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Adamant, 200 atk/252 sp. def/56 hp
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

Once again, a standard hard hitting conkeldurr who is one of the best fighting types ever created in my opinion. It's really awesome. I use stone edge for predicted salamence, dragonite, gyarados and tornadus switch-in to my conkeldurr although the high miss rate pisses me off as at times, all I need is the stupid gyarados/dnite/salamence dead and I'd have a much easier time and stone edge just freaking misses -__- But other then that, no complaints about this guy except how gliscor just comes in and walls it like free. But gliscor is not an issue as even the toxic orb flinging variant completely fails against vaporeon. He also serves as my physical sweeper of course. Payback helps hit incoming gengar, froslass switch-ins and can stall out non-taunt variants of gliscors. (There aren't many nice images of conkeldurr..=/)

(Ignore the mew and pikachu, LOL)

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Quiet 224hp/252 sp. atk/32 speed
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Roost
- Brick Break

Dragonite is my rain abuser. Hurricane and Thunder is perfectly accurate in the rain and hits things like celebi, conkeldurr and toxicroak for super effective damage. Roost assists in keeping multiscale intact, along with wish support from jirachi. Brick break helps 2hko tyranitar that switches into it. Although dragonite is hopelessly slow, it does have pretty good bulk although I feel that the EVs can be further improved as I find it a little iffy. Nonetheless, it's suggested by smogon so I trust it. So far, it has been working relatively well and been taking and surviving some hits which I thought it could have not.

Latias @ leftovers
Timid 252hp/4sp.atk/252 speed
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Roar/ Reflect Type

Self-explanatory EV spread..max survivability plus speed since its speed is its biggest selling point along with the bulk. In addition, it can still counter rotom-w, celebi and acts as a pivot against sun teams in general. Moveset is easy to understand; calm mind for set-up, dragon pulse as its STAB choice of attack, recover for surviving and roar for phazing. Reflect type is an interesting option in allowing latias to troll. It is able to either escape unscathed from its counters by copying their typing or set-up while their STAB fails against latias miserably. It has been tested and it works decently too. Latias is pretty underrated this gen for unknown reasons but it is as solid as its brother latios albeit serving a rather different role.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

So yup, this is the team! I seriously thought through it long and hard before finally coming up with this. However, I still feel that it can be improved further. The problem with this team is I'm using a lot of moves which have accuracy problems and it's very frustrating whenever a crucial move misses. I strongly dislike random crits that take out my key pokemon as well. VERY ANNOYING. I duno if the moves can be changed or something. Hell, even TOXIC misses rather often and I've no idea why since draco meteor hits almost all the time, argh.​

I'd really want to retain vaporeon. The rest I'll open it up to the floor to debate and decide. Please help thank you! Much appreciated :))

EDITS:

Change of HP Grass back to hypnosis. Hypnosis is more useful although the accuracy sucks to the max. Replaced rotom-w and latias with celebi and dragonite respectively.

I tried payback and the results were pretty satisfying. Well, at least it doesn't miss like stone edge -.- Jirachi can usually come in on a dnite and cripple it. Unless it has earthquake, jirachi can flinch it to death.

A huge threat I see is SD Virizion. It can Leaf Blade Rotom, Toed and Vaporeon, Close Combat Rachi and Conkeldurr and X-Scissor Latias. I'd recommend using defensive Gliscor>Vaporeon with the following set:
Gliscor@Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Impish
252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
-Taunt
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang

Oh....then that kinda defeats the purpose of this team. Besides, gliscor is such a predictable pokemon that it's really not cool at all although I must agree that it serves its job very well. Maybe you have ideas on who are good team mates for hydration vaporeon? That is what I've been trying to find - the synergy - but it's really hard as the metagame is large and you can't possibly cover everyone of them.

Please rate people, thanks!

A huge threat I see is SD Virizion. It can Leaf Blade Rotom, Toed and Vaporeon, Close Combat Rachi and Conkeldurr and X-Scissor Latias. I'd recommend using defensive Gliscor>Vaporeon with the following set:
Gliscor@Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Impish
252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
-Taunt
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang
SD Virizion often pack HP Ice, and none use X-scissor. This is a good team, but the only thing i'd change is Hypnosis and focus blast on politoed. switch them for HP Grass and perish song to deal with gastrodon and CM users, and FB does nothing, even to Ferro

Thanks for the inputs! I feel that in gen 5, there are a whole lot of new threats and not forgetting the prevalent weather wars that are always happening. A good team of 6 must be able to effectively check and counter them and this is often easier said than done.

Anymore rates will be much appreciated! Remember, it's all about hydration vaporeon in this case.

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Have you ever considered running a more offensive Vaporeon set? It can run a very effective life orb set with rain support if you simply shift its set to something like hydro pump / ice beam / hidden power [grass] / rest. Hydro pump coming from life orb Vaporeon with rain support can be absolutely devastating to most opponents. Not only that, but Vaporeon gives you a way to lure in and destroy tough bulky waters such as Quagsire and Gastrodon which can be really hard for this team to break through. 176 Def / 252 SpA / 80 Spe with a modest nature is also the spread that you should be running unless you want to bump your speed up another point so that you can speed creep Skarmory that run 40 Spe.

Still pretty Toxicroak weak. Swords dance Toxicroak with ice punch especially can give your team quite a lot of problems. A boost is easily obtained on something such as Rotom-W or Vaporeon puts your entire team at risk of getting swept. Skarmory works well to take down Toxicroak with relative ease. Not only that, but Skarmory can take the pressure off of Politoed by switching into sandstorm sweepers such as Excadrill, Landorus, and non boosted / choice banded Terrakion easily. It really should be running a set of spikes / roost / brave bird / whirlwind, leftovers, impish nature, and a spread of 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe. Make sure that you use a female nature on Skarmory so that it can switch into choice banded Haxorus' outrage a bit easier if your opponent happens to be using a male rivalry version.

As for some other options, Politoed could use to run a bulkier spread with 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe with another moveset like scald / ice beam / rest / toxic and a chesto berry so that you can really increase your survivability against threats like Reuniclus and Tyranitar. This adds overall a good defensive balance to this team, so that Politoed has lots of survivability against other weather starters. It is pretty crucial for Latias to have a recovery move. I would choose either substitute or roar on it and run recover over one or the other. It is just too important for Latias to have a recovery move especially in situations like a cm war with Reuniclus, than to have both substitute and roar. gl.

Dude, the first 3 members of your team are almost carbon copies of my team lol... I guess when I test this thing I'll know how to use them at least!

Don't listen to all those silly people telling you to change your Vaporeon, mine has pretty much the exact same set and is my clear MVP, able to stall out pretty much 80% of the metagame.

However, as is my policy, I shall actually play with your team before suggesting changes :P so I'll be back with a complete review in a bit.
EDIT: Please note I will not be suggesting changes to your team that make it any more like mine than it already is :P. I like my team, I've been having enormous success with it and I don't want anyone copying it, yah hear?
EDIT2: Arg, it's late so I'm going to have to stop testing for tonight. I only did 3 battles but I got a few suggestions I can make with that little bit and just some knowledge from myself.

1: any time you have 4 extra evs and you're putting them into either SpD or Def, put them into HP instead. Also on your Vaporeon, don't bother with the 4 SpD EVs there, put them back in HP. Putting the extra point in HP is pretty much always superior to putting it in defenses, though this is a tiny little nitpick.
2: Run Recover over Roar/Substitute on Latias. Judging from what you put in your description I'm not even sure you're aware you CAN put in recover, but it is a MUST for any Calm Mind Latias set. You will get worn down otherwise. You'll just have to risk pursuiters/revengers or people setting up along side you... you can't do without that recovery.

That's all for now, I'll have more when I test it further tomorrow. I got some suspicions on other things that can be improved, but I don't want to say anything until I know for sure what you already have isn't better.

Thanks for the rates people! Please keep the rates coming as I really want hydration vaporeon to shine. An offensive vaporeon sounds enticing but politoed sucks as a tank or support pokemon although an offensive vaporeon would be interesting to test.

Thanks Jimera0! It makes me eager to see your team too haha. Do let me know your test results regarding this team, thanks!

Im thinkiin roar>haze on Vappy so Ferothorn doesnt ruin your fun. Since Vappy is now your phaser, why not try out a specs latios>latias? The extra power can help you lure in Tyranitar so he doesnt make Vappy sleep for 2 turns...And lastly jirachi should have psychic and thunder to kill toxicroak and still be able to paralyze 60% of the time.

Roar>Haze
Specs Latios>Latias
Change Jirachis moveset

Nice team

Some of the possible changes that may be implemented, from what I thought, are:

- A calm mind offensive jirachi with thunder and psyshock
- A ferrothorn for entry hazard support
- replacing latias then, with either kingdra or latios (FYI, I play on PO so drizzle + ss is not banned there) but yea, latios will have better coverage? But it feels kinda overlapping with jirachi and my other water mons if that's the case.

Latias without substitute simply falls prey to status and that really cripples latias. Wish support from jirachi is the only other way to heal it. I duno how else latias can be improved as both sub and roar are extremely important x.x

why don't you go for like Hydration vaporeon with Fake Tears/Surf/Ice Beam/Rest Modest enough HP for 432,enough def for around 208,and the rest in sp.atk? forces the opponents team around causing SR damage and assuming cnokeldurr is down you can always put pressure on Blissey using it :)

Some of the possible changes that may be implemented, from what I thought, are:

- A calm mind offensive jirachi with thunder and psyshock
- A ferrothorn for entry hazard support
- replacing latias then, with either kingdra or latios (FYI, I play on PO so drizzle + ss is not banned there) but yea, latios will have better coverage? But it feels kinda overlapping with jirachi and my other water mons if that's the case.

Latias without substitute simply falls prey to status and that really cripples latias. Wish support from jirachi is the only other way to heal it. I duno how else latias can be improved as both sub and roar are extremely important x.x
Alright, sorry for the huge delay. I got caught up scrambling and haven't played online at all past few days. Again, I must INSIST you give Latios Recover over Roar or Substitute, if you're going to keep it. You don't *need* Roar since you have Vaporeon (who deals with opposing set up sweepers extremely well, I very well know :P), but Substitute seems equally as removable if status is your concern for the very same reason as Roar; you can just switch to Vaporeon.

Anyway, I haven't actually tested your team any more than since my last post so you'll have to give me a little while longer. I'll be on it right away!

EDIT: And people, stop suggesting he change up Vaporeon. For his team, the set he has is EXACTLY the way to go. Roar is not superior to Haze (I know, I switched from Roar to Haze and I am not going back), he needs it to be defensive, not offensive and for the love of God, don't suggest he switch it out for a different Pokemon. It's his other team members that might need some changes.
EDIT2: You should probably switch back to Hypnosis on Politoed. I've been running HP Grass on mine for quite some time and it does god shit all to the stuff it's supposed to help against. Gatrodon usually takes less than half meaning it can stall with recover, Rotom-W laughs at the amount of damage it takes from it. The only real purpose to it would be to hit Swampert or Quaqsire, both of which Vaporeon handles without breaking a sweat and aren't particularly common. In fact, I'm going to be switching to Hypnosis on my main set now as well. Just about anything is more useful than HP Grass.

Alright, sorry for the huge delay. I got caught up scrambling and haven't played online at all past few days. Again, I must INSIST you give Latios Recover over Roar or Substitute, if you're going to keep it. You don't *need* Roar since you have Vaporeon (who deals with opposing set up sweepers extremely well, I very well know :P), but Substitute seems equally as removable if status is your concern for the very same reason as Roar; you can just switch to Vaporeon.

Anyway, I haven't actually tested your team any more than since my last post so you'll have to give me a little while longer. I'll be on it right away!

EDIT: And people, stop suggesting he change up Vaporeon. For his team, the set he has is EXACTLY the way to go. Roar is not superior to Haze (I know, I switched from Roar to Haze and I am not going back), he needs it to be defensive, not offensive and for the love of God, don't suggest he switch it out for a different Pokemon. It's his other team members that might need some changes.
EDIT2: You should probably switch back to Hypnosis on Politoed. I've been running HP Grass on mine for quite some time and it does god shit all to the stuff it's supposed to help against. Gatrodon usually takes less than half meaning it can stall with recover, Rotom-W laughs at the amount of damage it takes from it. The only real purpose to it would be to hit Swampert or Quaqsire, both of which Vaporeon handles without breaking a sweat and aren't particularly common. In fact, I'm going to be switching to Hypnosis on my main set now as well. Just about anything is more useful than HP Grass.
Hey, thanks for the reply man. I tried fake tears vaporeon and it wasn't too bad. With some investments in bulk it can actually still sponge hits. But I agree that the standard rest stall hydra vaporeon is really the way to go and I switched it back as the fake tears one wasn't working against the better players. Vaporeon is too slow to be offensive honestly, aye.

If latias has no 'roar', my fear is toxicroak. I'm thinking of a calm mind offensive jirachi with thunder and psyshock as stated above and a ferrothorn for entry hazard support and sponging hits from the likes of latios and all.

And yes, although hypnosis's accuracy sucks to the core, at least when it works it certainly works. Can't resist the bitching, lol.

And yes, although hypnosis's accuracy sucks to the core, at least when it works it certainly works. Can't resist the bitching, lol.
Oh yeah, Accuracy is a real problem. but better something that works some of the time than something that just plain never works.

After a few battles I have come to one conclusion: Your team is utterly raped by Poison heal Breloom with Substitute. One Substitute, and really your shit is done. Not even Latias can deal with it then. Perhaps Tornadus could help, though if the Breloom is carrying Stone Edge you're in trouble. But if it's carrying Stone Edge Vaporeon can wall it with a bit of luck...

Also, you could really use a rapid spinner or taunter, as Spikes and SR tend to screw your whole team over when used in conjunction, and you don't really have anything to prevent them from going up in the first place.

I'm realizing more and more that I really don't know what to suggest to fix these problems other than the methods I already use... and I don't really want to give those away.

EDIT: After more testing, I've come to the conclusion that grass types in general troll your team, real hard. A good flying type is the answer to this, particularly if you can get one with Hurricane (since you're playing in rain eh?).

Flying types compound to the electric weakness problem so it's not very appealing. The only one worth considering is dragonite imo. I'm testing ferrothorn, offensive jirachi etc and it's working fine. There are no good spinners that can be added to this team tbh. Starmie adds another grass/electric and scizor weakness. Forretress can't take hits that well either. I have this crazy idea of using excadrill trololol (crazy I know).

Conkeldurr is too good to pass on and has served this team well. For now, I'll just implement ferrothorn and offensive jirachi instead since till now, there aren't many ground-breaking ideas being passed about though I deeply appreciate all the rates given thus far.

Thanks everyone and keep any rates coming :)

Hey people, I'm here with another RMT after a few months. The title is taken from the song which shares the same name, lol. This time, I made a rain team and it's sort of because I wanted to abuse hydration vaporeon which is by far, my favorite pokemon besides haxrachi. These two will always go together in my teams haha. This team is quite new though I've played with it. The results are pretty good! But I'll be glad to take any constructive opinions as I feel that something is still lacking.

Without further ado, here's the team:

Best politoed picture ever..

Politoed @ Choice Specs
Modest, 252 sp.atk/252 HP/4 def
Drizzle
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hypnosis
- Focus Blast​

Drizzle toed - the staple for all rain teams. As much as I hate to say it, it's really a deadweight at times, aye. But we can't do without it so he's in. Anyway, the moves and ev spread is simple. Hit fast and hard and gtfo. Ice beam ohko lead brelooms and politoed helps in killing rampaging excadrills. Hypnosis is for certain bitchy leads like lead ferrothorn as focus blast won't really hurt it much. The only problem is hypnosis's high chance of missing. Seriously, it's so annoying that I always feel like plucking my hair out whenever it misses or my heart will just sink immediately.​

Vaporeon @ leftovers
Bold, 248hp/252def/8 speed
Hydration
- Scald
- Toxic/Ice Beam
- Haze
- Rest​

Presenting to all, Hydration vaporeon who currently occupies a very significant portion in my heart now. It's like the new Milotic so now no one can complain about vaporeon not having instant recovery and with rain being so common these days, it really isn't a huge issue. Immunity to status whilst in the rain and being able to hit harder than milotic with its fantastic base 110 sp. atk. Rest is damn troll in the rain as imagine you hit vaporeon till it's left with say 3% and it will just rest itself to full and wakes up instantly. The moves are standard and don't really require much explanation. The slight speed creep is for jellicent to prevent getting taunted by it before I toxic it. I use haze as I dislike the negative priority on roar. With haze, it shuts down any attempts to set up such as by the likes of reuniclus whatever and it still bypasses substitutes. Furthermore, it helps in shutting down bp teams. Smeargles who try to spore vaporeon ends up failing real badly whilst espeon can't magic bounce my haze, unlike roar which can strangely be reflected back at you and phaze you instead (how stupid, argh).​

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Careful, 252hp/220sp def/ 36 speed OR Sassy 252hp/220 sp.def/ 18 sp.atk/18 atk
Serene Grace
- Wish
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam/Thunder
- Iron Head​

Standard special wall jirachi here to sponge hits from the likes of latios, hydreigon and dragonite to a certain extent here. It also helps in getting rid of stupid calm mind reuniclus and virizions. SR for entry hazard support and in getting rid of dragonite's multiscale. Otherwise, everything about it is really standard and you guys should have seen enough of haxrachi so I shan't elaborate too much. Occasionally I would prefer the immediate effect of t-wave as body slam is sort of luck dependent. Even though serene grace helps, it still isn't a guaranteed factor. Although this also means missing the chance to paralyse ground types. Both have seen their fair amount of uses thus the slash between the two.

Thunder hits and prevents skarm from walling me and still induces the para hax. The speed creep in outspeeding ttar seems to be more and more unnecessary these days, hmm..

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Adamant, 200 atk/252 sp. def/56 hp
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

Once again, a standard hard hitting conkeldurr who is one of the best fighting types ever created in my opinion. It's really awesome. I use stone edge for predicted salamence, dragonite, gyarados and tornadus switch-in to my conkeldurr although the high miss rate pisses me off as at times, all I need is the stupid gyarados/dnite/salamence dead and I'd have a much easier time and stone edge just freaking misses -__- But other then that, no complaints about this guy except how gliscor just comes in and walls it like free. But gliscor is not an issue as even the toxic orb flinging variant completely fails against vaporeon. He also serves as my physical sweeper of course. Payback helps hit incoming gengar, froslass switch-ins and can stall out non-taunt variants of gliscors. (There aren't many nice images of conkeldurr..=/)

(Ignore the mew and pikachu, LOL)

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Quiet 224hp/252 sp. atk/32 speed
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Roost/ Draco Meteor
- Brick Break

Dragonite is my rain abuser. Hurricane and Thunder is perfectly accurate in the rain and hits things like celebi, conkeldurr and toxicroak for super effective damage. Roost assists in keeping multiscale intact, along with wish support from jirachi. Brick break helps 2hko tyranitar that switches into it. Although dragonite is hopelessly slow, it does have pretty good bulk although I feel that the EVs can be further improved as I find it a little iffy. Nonetheless, it's suggested by smogon so I trust it. So far, it has been working relatively well and been taking and surviving some hits which I thought it could have not.

Latias @ leftovers
Timid 252hp/4sp.atk/252 speed
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Charm

Self-explanatory EV spread..max survivability plus speed since its speed is its biggest selling point along with the bulk. In addition, it can still counter rotom-w, celebi and acts as a pivot against sun teams in general. Moveset is easy to understand; calm mind for set-up, dragon pulse as its STAB choice of attack, recover for surviving and roar for phazing. Reflect type is an interesting option in allowing latias to troll. It is able to either escape unscathed from its counters by copying their typing or set-up while their STAB fails against latias miserably. It has been tested and it works decently too. Latias is pretty underrated this gen for unknown reasons but it is as solid as its brother latios albeit serving a rather different role.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

So yup, this is the team! I seriously thought through it long and hard before finally coming up with this. However, I still feel that it can be improved further. The problem with this team is I'm using a lot of moves which have accuracy problems and it's very frustrating whenever a crucial move misses. I strongly dislike random crits that take out my key pokemon as well. VERY ANNOYING. I duno if the moves can be changed or something. Hell, even TOXIC misses rather often and I've no idea why since draco meteor hits almost all the time, argh.​

I'd really want to retain vaporeon. The rest I'll open it up to the floor to debate and decide. Please help thank you! Much appreciated :))

EDITS!! (latest, caa 191011):

Change of HP Grass back to hypnosis. Hypnosis is more useful although the accuracy sucks to the max. Replaced rotom-w and latias with celebi and dragonite respectively. I tried payback and the results were pretty satisfying as well.

In any case, I'm putting a closure to this RMT. I've had lots of fun with this team and latias is a really great wall. Charm trolls incoming ttar and scizor and allows me to switch to a counter safely.

This team was built in mind to exemplify hydration vaporeon and to counter opposing weather inducers such as ttar and ninetales respectively. Some of the pokemon that made it to the hall of infamy for my team:

1) STARMIE
2) BRELOOM
3) TEAMS WHO SPAM ROTOM-W AND SCIZOR VOLT SWITCHING AND U-TURNING

Gosh do the above mentioned pokemon troll -.-

LO Starmie is a huge threat because Hydrop Pumps power is increased to 200 base power including Life Orb, You should change Vaporeon into Water Absorb to take water attacks, and change Politoed into a Bold natured.

A great partner for Conkeldurr is Gyarados, plus with rain up he can do some massive damage after a DD or two. Well here's the Gyardos set I recommend to go hand in hand with BIG CONK:

Gyarados (M) @ (No Item)
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 154 HP / 76 Atk / 86 Def / 192 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Taunt/Earthquake
- Stone Edge/Bounce

I took 4 EV's away from HP to give it an odd number for SR Switch ins. and I feel that this will compliment Conk int fending off Volt Turning threats in your team. This can also fend off Gliscors/landorus that may threaten your team in the long run.

Hi.
You might want to use Ferrothorn somewhere to get up hazards to really benefit this team.
Otherwise Nice team
Hope I Helped :]

Yea I certainly thought of ferrothorn but there just don't seem to be a slot for it. I know it would act as a excellent pivot against starmie, jolteon etc but alas, it's hard to fit it in.

Maybe I'll explain a little more - latias is primarily to counter sun, help in opposing rain while conkeldurr is to mainly deal with sand. Politoed and vaporeon already overlaps as water types so I have to distinguish in making one offensive, while the other defensive. Offensive toed is more viable imo as it hits hard plus politoed lacks the necessary recovery moves.

Dragonite and vaporeon are my rain abusers. Jirachi is a necessary pivot against the multitude of dragon types lurking in ou such as latios, hydreigon. One change i'm considering is to make it a sub calm mind jirachi but the wish support is really handy.

This team has easily peaked in the 1.3K range on PO. I just didn't bother laddering anymore cos frankly, laddering sucks. It makes me a lot more sensitive to hax that happen lol.

Some viable additions to the team I feel will be good too are:

- A rapid spinner
- grass and electric resistance

Vaporeon must be kept too as it's the focal point of the team x.x I dun want it to become another generic rain stall team cos frankly, I dun think too highly of rain stall and I think it's more important to have pivots against the sun and sand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)