Little Cup Metagame Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Azurill should definitely NOT be in LC UU. Seriously, the thing can reach 24 attack WITHOUT a Choice Band, and 36 with one (Huge Power boost). CB Return (with Normal STAB) can destroy stuff like there's no tomorrow, and CB Double-Edge kills even more, though recoil's tough. Nothing in LC enjoys taking a hit from Azurill, and although he is slow, he still hits miserably hard. He just doesn't deserve to be in the same tier as something like Magikarp for being able to decimate stuff in a single blow like he does.
mmm.... its attack is great, but its rubbish speed really holds it back (8 max, 9 max+, 16 max scarf, 18 max+scarf) and its 21/10/10 defences don't help.
I suppose it could work decently on Trick Room teams (belly drum could also be fun), so yea BL it goes.

Mr. Happy:
Agreeing with all but Swablu and possibly Bidoof and Trapinch
Swablu has a quite good typing for LC IMO, Ice is much rarer than in OU and it has some nice resists. Draco Meteor is a powerful attack even off 14 Sp. Attack and it has an array of nice support moves. Keeping in BL for now.

Bidoof could be very strong if its BP'd some boosts, but as you say it does need a huge amount of team support. Moving to Other.

Trapinch can work well with a sash on non-TR teams, its STAB EQ off 100 base attack really kills stuff unlike diglett's which only beats weaker oponents. maybe move to BL.... not sure

eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
oh I did not realise that, Shoddy does not show types and its evo is part dragon.
Moving to other.

Edit: On DN's suggestion moving Ponyta to OU.

Little Cup Tier List (WIP)
The standard metagame has one, and now we do to, :D

Ubers/Banned
These are too strong for OU.

Scyther, Yanma, Sneasel, Meditite

OU (26)
These are very common on many teams, but not too strong for OU.

Diglett, Abra, Magnemite, Gastly, Staryu, Porygon, Kabuto, Dratini, Meowth, Cyndaquil, Chinchou, Houndour, Elekid, Magby, Larvitar, Trapinch, Cranidos,
Buizel, Drifloon, Bronzor, Hippopotas, Snover, Tangela, Murkrow, Munchlax, Gible.

BL (56)
These are not very common, but are quite powerful.

Charmander, Vulpix, Paras, Mankey, Growlithe, Machop, Tentacool, Ponyta, Onix, Krabby, Voltorb, Exeggcute, Koffing, Rhyhorn, Eevee, Omanyte, Totodile, Teddiursa, Smoochum, Mudkip, Treecko, Zigzagoon, Taillow, Surskit, Shroomish, Makuhita, Aron, Nosepass, Carvanha, Wailmer, Numel, Cacnea, Lileep, Amorith, Shuppet, Duskull, Spheal, Bagon, Chimchar, Buneary, Stunky, Bonsly, Wynaut, Mime Jr., Riolu, Croagunk, Mantyke, Lickitung, Aipom, Misdreavus, Cubone, Clamperl, Azurill, Ratatta, Geodude, Horsea.

Other/ UU/UUBL/NU (85)
These are not very strong, and will be sorted later.

Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Caterpie, Weedle, Pidgey, Spearow, Ekans, Sandshrew, Zubat, Nidoran M, Nidoran F, Oddish, Venonat, Psyduck, Poliwag, Bellsprout, Slowpoke, Doduo, Seel, Grimer, Shellder, Drowzee, Goldeen, Magikarp, Chikorita, Sentret, Hoothoot, Ledyba, Spinarak, Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Natu, Mareep, Hoppip, Sunkern, Wooper, Pineco, Snubbull, Slugma, Swinub, Remoraid, Phanpy, Tyrogue, Torchic, Poochyena, Wurmple, Lotad, Seedot, Wingull, Ralts, Slakoth, Nincada, Whismur, Skitty, Electrike, Gulpin, Spoink, Barboach, Corphish, Baltoy, Feebas, Snorunt, Beldum, Turtwig, Piplup, Starly, Kricketot, Budew, Sheildon, Burmy, Combee, Cherubi, Shellos, Glameow, Chingling, Happiny, Skorupi, Finneon, Shinx, Swablu, Bidoof.

I think that's the lot of them.
I will put it all in alphabetical order sometime.
Comments? Things to move? Other stuff?
I havent seen much Drifloon, not sure its OU. Aipom is OU imo, it is more common than Meowth. Also Shieldon may not be very strong but as a rare counter to Dratini, maybe it will shoot up in popularity? Other than that no qualms atm.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've seen Aipom and Totodile both more than once. Gligar is definitely OU. Geodude and Rhyhorn are both common, important Normal resistances; Rhydon should be OU and maybe Geodude too.

eric the espeon

Gligar (how did I miss that?), Aipom and Rhyhorn are now OU, Totodile remains BL.

Edit: Just noticed, this thread has 5 stars :D
Thanks whoever did that

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think Onix needs a look. He's got a monstrous Defense stat, an actually good Speed stat, and _passable_ Attack, so he might be able to take a few hits and actually utilize a fast-ish Explosion.

Also, you forget to add my Misdreavus analysis even though my sub-par Dratini one is in there. Don't worry, I'm redoing it ;)

Onix definately deserves one. Hopefully everything will eventually get one. I have plans for one more that I will work on when I get a chance, but no gaurantees that it will be done by this weekend. I fixed Exeggcute's for now though.

MOVE LEGALITY IN LITTLE CUP
(possibly WIP)

As Little Cup is played at Level 5, some move combinations are illegal with each other.This guide will attempt to cover these scenarios. Please note that impossible breeding combinations such as Hypnosis + Nasty Plot Zubat are already assumed illegal.

GENDERLESS POKEMON

Genderless Pokémon lack the ability to breed unless it is with a Ditto. Thus, they do not
have egg moves and lack the ability to pass on level-up moves to their offspring. As a consequence, genderless Pokémon in Little Cup cannot have any level-up move that is learned beyond Level 5. Take for example a Porygon. Its staple move is Tri Attack. However, it learns it at a higher level than 5, and is genderless. Thus, Tri Attack Porygon is illegal at Level 5. Bronzor is in the same boat: its evolution, Bronzong, is seldom seen without Hypnosis, which Bronzor learns at Level 7 and thus is illegal in Little Cup.

D/P INTRODUCED MOVES

Moves, both egg and Level-up, that were introduced in the fourth generation moves,and are learned after Level 5, are illegal together with 3rd gen Move Tutor moves.

For example, Mankey with Ice Punch and Close Combat is illegal: if it was taught Ice Punch in Emerald, it couldn't been bred with Close Combat; and if it was bred with Close Combat, it can't go to Emerald to receive Ice Punch.

3rd GENERATION MOVE TUTOR/OTHER GAME SPECIAL MOVES

These moves are illegal together with any move introduced in D/P that is an egg move or is learned after Level 5.

Little Cup Pokémon that can use a move that comes from Pokémon XD and is caught in that game at a level higher than 5 are illegal with that move. In the event they areable to use it, it will be illegal together with any egg or level-up move.

Special moves from Pokémon Box eggs are illegal with any level-up or egg move, as they come from a pre-made egg that hatches at Level 5. This is the reason why Belly Drum + Extremespeed Zigzagoon is illegal; as Extremespeed comes from an egg from Pokémon Box, and it hatches at Level 5. For Belly Drum to be avaliable to that Zigzagoon, it would be needed for two Linoone with Belly Drum to breed, but that egg cannot hatch with Extremespeed.

Also, until someone confirms that the box trick works, Pokémon with a 3rd gen move or a special move from Box cannot have more that 100 EVs in any given stat (via vitamins). This is due to Pokémon hatching at Level 5 instead of Level 1 in RSE, and thus not being able to be EV trained the regular way.

EVENT MOVES

Event moves are illegal together with any Egg Move or Level-up move learned after Level 5. If said event took place in D/P, they are also illegal with any 3rd generation move.

What's doduo doing in UU? Good attack and speed, STAB brave bird, return, quick attack, it also has pursuit and steel wing. It may be walled by steel types, but it can 2HKO standard bronzor with brave bird and a choice band.

eric the espeon

Onix has competition from both Rhyhorn and Geodude, but its 160 base Def and 70 base speed (the others have 25 and 20 respectively) the question is; is it common enough for OU? I am not sure as the only person I have seen using it it me.
I think I will write a comparison between the different Rock/Ground's sometime.

iirc the Misdreavus analysis was incomplete.
Edit: Oh I see you edited it, much better now added.

Adding Eggscute to OP.

Doduo is largely inferior to Guts Taillow, but it could be moved to BL if it gets some more support.

Now for the Move Legality Guide
urm... I can't really find anything wrong.. other than the box trick needs testing, the best place to get it tested would be here.
Maybe explain how Lv. up moves can be got on low level Pokemon?
And that it should be said that some people play without the Lv. 5 move set clause.

Great guide, Again.

As we can't post analysis on individual threads here on Smogon I am working on making or finding us a different place to work on them, the finished analysis will still be put in this thread.

Would it be possible to for someone to post a list of illegal moves for OU/BL pokemon at least. Also, now my exams are over today, I'll start on an analysis.

eric the espeon

I think that illegal moves should be mentioned in each analysis, possibly in a new section that normal analysis don't have, or in Other Options for if you play at a higher level.
I plan to write a guide on writing Little Cup analysis (focusing on what is different from normal ones) within the next few days.

I have a question about the move legality guide. Shouldn't female-only Pokemon get a little section? ...Because if they want to have a level up move and an egg move, there must be an existing male Pokemon that learns both. For example, a Smoochum can't get both Fake Tears and Wish at level 5 because Spinda is the only parent who can get Wish, but he cannot get Fake Tears.

This would definitely go under the category of nitpick since it only applies to Nidoran, Happiny, and Smoochum in little cup.

Also, so should we edit in illegal moves into the completed analyses?

Staryu Little Cup Analysis

[SET]
name: Late Game Sweeper
move 1: Surf
move 2: Ice Beam
move 3: Thunderbolt
move 4: Hidden Power [Grass]
item: Life Orb
ability: Natural Cure
nature: Timid
evs: 36 HP / 200 SpA / 236 Spe
ivs: 30 SpA

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Reaching 19 Speed points and having possessing fantastic type coverage with its Special movepool, Staryu one of the biggest threats in Little Cup towards the end of a match. Surf is Staryu's most powerful attack, factoring STAB, and hurts the majority of things that do not resist it. Thunderbolt and Ice Beam provide excellent coverage in tandem with Surf, and for the last slot, Hidden Power [Grass] is Staryu's best chance of getting past Chinchou.</p>

<p>It is possible to run a Choice Specs or Choice Scarf set with the same moves listed, but Staryu's strength lies in its versatility to change moves and ability to often hit opponents with Super Effective attacks. With that said, Staryu will hit 28 speed with Choice Scarf allowing it to tango with the fastest purveyors of the item and can make a fine revenge-killer with its great movepool.</p>

[SET]
name: SubPetaya Sweep
move 1: Surf
move 3: Thunderbolt
move 4: Substitute
item: Petaya Berry
ability: Natural Cure
nature: Timid
evs: 36 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
ivs:

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This set, is deceptively similar to the first but is played in a different manner. Substitute has its merits in that it eases prediction troubles and can help Staryu avoid being revenge-killed by the ever common Sucker Punch. Used in conjunction with the Petaya Berry, Staryu can sweep once activating the berry, hitting harder than the Life Orb set. With these EVs, the Petaya Berry activates after 3 uses of the Substitute, which gives Staryu a chance against unboosted Ice Shards and Bullet Punches.</p>

[OTHER OPTIONS]
<p>Other Special moves of note that Staryu learns include Thunder and Blizzard, should you want to forgo accuracy for power. In addition, it learns Psychic but does not gain STAB on it nor does it enhance Staryu's type coverage significantly. Staryu can also play a supporting role with Light Screen and Reflect. It can also utilize Rest with Natural Cure. However, these moves -- useful as they are -- do not take advantage of Staryu's speed nor wide type coverage and so it is best to avoid them.</p>

<p>It is worth noting that at Level 5, Staryu cannot learn Rapid Spin, Recover, Power Gem, Cosmic Power or Hydro Pump.</p>

[EVS]
<p>200 SpA EVs maxes out Staryu's Special Attack, taking into account the 30 SpA IV if using Hidden Power [Grass]. 236 Spe EVs max out Staryu's Speed and with a Timid nature, it reaches 19 speed which is faster than all but the fastest pokemon in Little Cup and Choice Scarfers. 36 HP EVs are important if using Substitute since it gives a HP stat of 20, which is divisible by 4 and so the Petaya Berry will activate at 25% of HP although you are restricted to 3 uses of the move.</p>

[OPINION]
<p>Staryu is a menace to many teams, particularly because of its incredible type coverage, resulting in the majority of pokemon fearing at least one of its moves. To add insult to injury, Staryu is very difficult to revenge kill, boasting 85 base speed to make it one of the fastest in the metagame and resisting common priority moves such as Bullet Punch and Ice Shard. It is a pokemon that should very much be in your mind when making a Little Cup team.</p>

[COUNTERS]
<p> Chinchou is one of the best Staryu counters resisting its STAB move, as well as Ice Beam and healing 25% through Volt Absorb should it switch into Thunderbolt. Hidden Power [Grass] is a mere 3HKO with Oran Berry whilst Thunderbolt is a surefire OHKO from Chinchou. Munchlax also works well if you avoid Surf. Even so, it takes 3 of Staryu's Surfs, even 4 with help from an Oran Berry, to take Munchlax down. Snover is another fantastic counter, resisting all of Staryu's common moves bar Ice Beam and retaliating with a STAB Grass move.</p>

<p> Aside from the aforementioned pokemon, very few other pokemon can be considered a "counter" to Staryu, a tribute to its incredible versatility in this environment. Your best chance should you not have any of these pokemon to stand up to Staryu would be to try and get in a faster sweeper on a move it resists and even so, should it pack Substitute, Staryu will prevail.</p>

eric the espeon

Normally reposting analysis is a bad idea, but since I had to change every set/section and it shows how to put illegal moves in analysis I have:

Porygon

Code:
Stat  base min-  min max max+
HP     65   N/A    23  26   N/A
Att    60   10     12   15   16   
Def    70   11     13   16   17
Sp.A  85   13     15   18   19
Sp.D  75   12     14   17   18
Spe   40    9      10   13   14
[SET]
name: Special Trick Room Sweeper
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Shadow Ball
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4:Thunderbolt
item: Oran Berry / Focus Sash
ability: Download
nature: Quiet
evs: 116 Def / 236 SpA / 156 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>With 8 Speed not much will go before this under Trick Room, and if it gets an Download boost not much can stand in the way of its awesome 28 Sp. Attack. This can sweep teams without a Sp. wall if you get Trick Room going, and with 23/15/16 Defenses its not that hard.</p>
<p>Oran gives you a second chance to set up Trick Room against weaker attacks, while Focus Sash Guarantees your first set-up even on the strongest opponents as Trick Room will always go last and you will most likely take a hit if your opponent doesn't switch.</p>

[SET]
name: Choice Specs
move 1: Ice Beam
move 2: Thunderbolt
move 3: HP Fighting / Ground
move 4: Shadow Ball
item: Choice Specs
nature: Modest
evs: 116 Def / 236 SpA / 156 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Even without a STAB attack this thing can be a major threat due to its brilliant Type coverage and sheer power (Specs+Download=42 Sp.A, even without download it still hits 28) HP Fighting can take out those Munchlax who seek to slow you down, while Ground beats down the BoltBeam resistors.</p>
<p>No evs have been invested in Speed as the max without a nature boost is 13, not outspeeding anything worthwhile so defensive Evs are more useful.</p>

<p>Scarf could work, but even at max speed and a + Nature it only reaches 21 speed, a number considered mediocre by Choice Scarf standards, so Specs is a better option. If you do use Scarf max out speed and use a Timid nature.</p>

[SET]
name: Mixed Trick Room Sweeper
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Thunderbolt
move 3: Return
move 4: Ice Beam
item: Life Orb / Focus sash
nature: Quiet
evs: 196 Att / 36 Def / 236 SpA
ivs: 0 spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This set really takes advantage of Download, and can take out many of the Pokemon that stop the pure Sp. Sweeper. Shadow Ball is an Option over Thunderbolt or Ice Beam for those Ghosts.</p>

[Other Options]
<p>Porygon has a few options not mentioned on any of the sets, Hidden Power Fire/Fighting/Ground, Psychic, and Charge Beam can all work, </p>
<p>If you are desperate for STAB your only special option is Hyper Beam, which, even though its side effect is horrible has massive power.</p>
<p>Porygon's other ability; Trace has some use for revenge trapping trappers like Diglett, Magnemite and Trapinch, and for using an opponents Flash Fire/Volt Absorb/Water Absorb to get a easy switch in and possibly free healing off their STAB attacks, however the ~50% chance of a Sp. attack boost is generally preferable as on most sets it opens up a chance to sweep. If your team has problems with those Pokemon then Trace can work very well.</p>

[Illegal Moves]
<p>Sadly one of its best moves; Tri Attack is illegal at Lv. 5 but it is worth noting if you play Little Cup Lv. 100 (it learns it at Lv. 51) or don't use the Lv. 5 moveset rule, the same goes for Agility (learnt at Lv. 12) which would be a nice alternative to Trick Room, Recover (learnt at Lv. 18) which could let a defensive set become viable, Magic Coat (learnt at Lv. 56) that could reflect back sleep and other status moves. Other notable moves that are not legal at Lv. 5 are: Discharge, Signal Beam, Magnet Rise and Recycle.</p>

[EVs]
<p>236 maxes out Porygon's Sp. Attack, leftover evs are put into Defenses. For Trick Room sets you want to have a 0 speed IV and a - Nature. For the Mixed sweeper 196 maxes out Attack.</p>

[Opinion]
<p>Decent stats were it needs them, a excellent ability, great movepool and some degree of unpredictability; Porygon would have the makings of a Little Cup standard if it could just use Tri Attack, but even without STAB it is a serious threat. Its other problem is its speed, it needs to set up Trick Room to be much use at sweeping, but once its set up it can be hard to stop it.</p>

[Counters]
<p>Munchlax or Bronzor can stop it (and outspeed in Trick Room) if Download did not boost Sp. attack. Mixed versions can beat Munchlax.</p>
<p>Trapinch can revenge trap it under Trick Room. Bulky fighting types (or bulky Pokemon in general who don't have a weakness to Ice/Electric/Ghost and have a really strong attack) can often come in while TR is up take a neutral attack and KO with a STAB move but they tend to be 2KO'd so they can't switch in.</p>
<p>If you don't have any of these just hit it as hard as you can as it sets up, and try to use some strong priority moves on it or stall out Trick Room by clever switching.</p>

eric the espeon

I have a question about the move legality guide. Shouldn't female-only Pokemon get a little section? ...Because if they want to have a level up move and an egg move, there must be an existing male Pokemon that learns both. For example, a Smoochum can't get both Fake Tears and Wish at level 5 because Spinda is the only parent who can get Wish, but he cannot get Fake Tears.

This would definitely go under the category of nitpick since it only applies to Nidoran, Happiny, and Smoochum in little cup.
The same would go for if it wanted multiple Lv. up moves.

Also, so should we edit in illegal moves into the completed analyses?
Yes, that would be great.

I think the Staryu analysis needs more sets... A choice set and maybe a defence/support set or split the currant set into Sub-Petaya and LO sweeper?
only 36 evs are needed to get that extra point in HP, not 74.
iirc Staryu has no gender, what moves are made illegal by this?

Well written DN.

Surprised myself by getting this done today, so here is another. Eric already helped a little, but more is definately needed.

Buneary

[SET]
name: Choice
move 1: Quick Attack/Return
move 2: Ice Punch
move 3: Thunderpunch
move 4: Sky Uppercut/Jump Kick
item: Choice Band/Choice Scarf
ability: Run Away
nature: Jolly/Adamant
evs: 228 Atk/44 Def/236 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Ice/Electric is resisted only by Magnemite and Chinchou. Magnemite is taken care of by Sky Uppercut or Jump Kick depending on whether you like slightly more accuracy or less risk of hurting yourself and Chinchou is dealt with by the STAB Quick Attack or Return.

[SET]
name: Switcheroo
move 1: Switcheroo
move 2: Quick Attack/Fake Out/Return
move 3: Ice Punch
move 4: Thunderpunch
item: See Set Comments
ability: Klutz

[SET COMMENTS]
Flame Orb inflicts foes with a burn. Be wary of a switch to a Pokemon with Guts before using this. Any Choice item could potentially hamper a wall. Black Sludge will gradually wear down their HP if they're not Poison type. Lagging Tail and any of the EV items will lower Speed. Iron Ball removes the Flying type or Levitate ability and slows them.

[SET]
name: Baton Pass
move 1: Agility
move 2: Baton Pass
move 3: Substitute
move 4: Return/Fake Out/Thunderpunch/Ice Punch
item: Oran Berry
evs: 236 HP/236 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Use Substitute, hopesully on a switch, Agility behind it and BP it when possible. Return is for STAB, but this set becomes walled by ghosts, so the punches are an option in the attacking slot.

[SET]
name: Life Orb
move 1: Fake Out/Agility
move 2: Thunderpunch
move 4: Quick Attack/Return
item: Life Orb
[SET COMMENTS]
Fake Out and Quick Attack could potentially, destroy an opponent with them never getting an attack in.Return should be used with Agility however because there is no prior damage. As always, Thunder and Ice Punch makes a great attacking combo.

[SET]
name: SubPunch
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Focus Punch
move 4: Quick Attack/Thunderpunch
item: Leichi Berry/Salac Berry/Life Orb

[SET COMMENTS]
With all of the hype that Ice/Electric gets, people forget that Ice/Fighting is very good as well. Focus and Ice Punch creates this, so the last slot can be for STAB, or adding Electric to the arsenal. If you sub enoudh times, then one of the berries will take effect and Life Orb is for the extra damage.

[SET]
name: Specs
move 1: Thunderbolt
move 3: Focus Punch
move 4: Hidden Power [Ground]/Grass Knot/Shadow Ball
item: Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
nature: Naive/Rash
evs: 4 Def/248 SpA/236 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
More of a surprise set than anything, 44 Special Attack is indeed workable. Hidden Power Ground gives this Buneary the same type coverage of physical Electivire in OU. Grass Knot is mainly for those Rock types, while Shadow Ball hits Gastly and Abra hard.

[OTHER OPTIONS]
Endure can be used effectively with Buneary's speed to activate a berry and sweep. Fire Punch can be used to deal with Bronzor more effectively. Buneary can parafusion with Sweet Kiss/Dizzy Punch and Thunder Wave.

[EVS]
Maximizing speed is always the number one priority, next is deciding whether to run with HP or Attack. Max out attack if you are running a sweepish set, and HP if you plan on subbing a lot.

[OPINION]
Buneary is the definition of BL. Everything it does, something else does it better (other than possibly Switcheroo). Don't overlook Buneary though, because, while it may not be used as often, it can fill the same roles as some other Pokes and do their job quite well.

[COUNTERS]
Bronzor walls Buneary and threatens with Gyro Ball unless Buneary is running Fire Punch (Or Bronzor is Heatproof and Buneary uses HP Gound). Chinchou works fairly decently, as it resists Electric and Ice and takes neutral from Normal and Fighting, but HP Ground hurts Chinchou with the Specs set. Diglett can revenge kill with Sucker Punch, but if it fails to KO, it will probably fall to Ice Punch or Ice Beam. Onix can come in with its great defense and can normally take an Ice Punch, but, as with Aron, watch out for Fighting attacks, especially the fairly uncommon Low Kick, and Grass Knot from the specs set.

I was thinking of adding in more sets, but the moves are basically the same so it looks like:

xyz @ life orb , xyz @ choice band xyz @ petaya

which is unneeded and anyway, you shouldnt really run a choice item on staryu.

I had a check anyway, I think hydro pump may be illegal since it is level up, nothing else I don't think since its all TMs, will edit that in.

And 74 HP EVs are just the leftovers basically since max/max spe/SpA should be the focus.

Apparently, recover, cosmic power are illegal too

eric the espeon

Band should be called Choice, don't have time for other fixes right now.

I think it would look better if it had more than 1 set, and Sub-Petaya is quite different from the normal sweeper.
if you have evs that don't do anything do not put them on, just leave them. 36 gives the point, and 74 just confuses people who don't understand LC evs.

ok, I'll split the two up; the only competitive moves that Staryu learns are those from TMs and Move tutor and I found out that it doesnt learn twave as stated in the smogon dex :( so right now the movepool is pretty bare.

Buneary:
The Specs and the Choice set should have Switcheroo as an option, as you can cripple something with it as a last ditch option.

'shear power' under the Specs set in the Porygon analysis should be 'sheer power'

Choice Buneary needs Switcheroo as an option.

Before I correct my guide...

Summarizing: edit in the female-only Pokémon move legality

and

Whatever analyses I made, state illegal combinations in them.

Is this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)