(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

Alolan Raichu is surfing on its tail.

Alolan Raichu's Ability is Surge Surfer.

Alolan Raichu cannot learn Surf.

I actually made a rage comic about how stupid this is, if you guys want to see it I'll post it later.
It can...but only through an event from a pre-gen 7 Pikachu :^]

The bag desperately needs new pockets.

Right now the main pocket is entirely too overloaded. You have battle-only held items, you have evolution stones, you have trade evolution items, you have pokeballs, you have mega stones, you have the thousand miscellaneous items used for specific pokemon to form change, you have vendor trash items.
The Free Space pocket returning is great except you have to move each item manually and depending on what you want to use it for it can also get pretty full.

at absolute minimum: put mega stones in their own pocket, put pokeballs in their own pocket. Shoot pokeballs used to have their own pocket!

also maybe condense some items into a zygarde cube-styled item. Like put all the silvally memories into a disc case and just select from a list. Put all the plates into a pouch or something; maybe even let you read the descriptions on each one.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
also maybe condense some items into a zygarde cube-styled item. Like put all the silvally memories into a disc case and just select from a list. Put all the plates into a pouch or something; maybe even let you read the descriptions on each one.
This. It would help clean up the bag so much. There should be a case item for Plates, Memories, and Mega Stones (and Z-Crystals once they get rid of its pocket nex gen to make room for the next big gimmick).

Here how I imagine the bag being like:

Items
- Supplies (Repels, Escape Rope, Evo Stones, exchangeable/valuable items, Fossils, Flutes, etc.. Pretty much anything that doesn't fit the other topics)
- Battle Items (Held items, X items)
- Plates case
- Memories case
Medicine (including the Vitamins, Wings, and Ethers)
Poke Balls
TMs/HMs
Berries
Key Items
- Trainer Tools (Pokedex, Assisting Device (Gear, Nav, Poketch, C-Gear, Holo Caster, etc.), Bicycle, Fishing Rod, Running Shoes, Exp Share, useful Legendary Artifacts)
- Miscellaneous (where the Key items that only have main story use goes like key cards, passes, and Legendary Artifacts with no use)
- Mega Stones
- Z-Crystals case
Free Space

7 pockets with Items and Key Items split into 4 sub pockets. I think that about covers it.

Iirc it's once per day everytime you hit 30+ and lose.

Surprisingly, there isn't much that I find annoying in SM. If there's one thing that truly annoys me is how male's clothing options are basically reduced to T-Shirts or Tank-Tops and Shorts or Capris. And don't even get me started on shoes, where the hell are the flip-flops and sandals? I thought XY's selection was scarce, but compared to SM it was truly a bountiful harvest.
In addition, it's kind of annoying that some clothes are just locked to certain genders - especially with the precedent of Animal Crossing and Miitomo. If your male mii and villager can wear a dress why not your male Pokémon trainer?

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Today, I tried to get a Sheer Force Cranidos. Let me establish a background here.

In Pokémon Black and White 2, there's this person you meet by finding their Xtransceiver. After you call them a specific number of times, they trade you Pokémon with Hidden Abilities. The Pokémon they trade, as well as their gender, are determined by the gender of the player character, and for Cranidos, the player needs to be female. I was going to do a White 2 Tier List playthrough anyway, so I decided to do that too because wynaut KO two Pidgey with 1 Rock Slide.

Just in case I wanted to breed Sheer Force Cranidos in Gen V, I decided to wait until I got a female Cranidos. Cranidos has a 7-to-1 male/female ratio, so I figured I'd be there for a while. Little did I know how awful it would actually be.

Before the trade, the person decides to take you on a Ferris wheel ride. Then you have to sit through the trade animation. Then they talk to you for a while. Then they walk away. Only then can you access your menu only to be disappointed.

I've soft reset more than ten times now, without success. I don't know anymore. Just... why?

Also, the edgy Pokédex entries in Sun & Moon are funny in some cases ("There is no escaping it. Give up."), but... why did they add the thing about Mareanie and Toxapex preying on Corsola? Like, Corsola is still one of the weakest Pokémon ever (even with yet another useless BST buff), but it's objectively one of the cutest Pokémon ever. Just look at it:

^_^

It doesn't bother me as much that Corsola has a predator, it just really makes me dislike the Mareanie line in general because of this. I mean, they're Pokémon I want to like-- they have a good, unique design, and Toxapex is something I could otherwise see myself using in OU-- but I can't really bring myself to respect or use them now.

Also, the edgy Pokédex entries in Sun & Moon are funny in some cases ("There is no escaping it. Give up."), but... why did they add the thing about Mareanie and Toxapex preying on Corsola? Like, Corsola is still one of the weakest Pokémon ever (even with yet another useless BST buff), but it's objectively one of the cutest Pokémon ever. Just look at it:

^_^

It doesn't bother me as much that Corsola has a predator, it just really makes me dislike the Mareanie line in general because of this. I mean, they're Pokémon I want to like-- they have a good, unique design, and Toxapex is something I could otherwise see myself using in OU-- but I can't really bring myself to respect or use them now.
It's almost certainly because the real life inspiration eats coral polyps.

It's almost certainly because the real life inspiration eats coral polyps.
There's still the matter that the "Mareanie and Toxapex prey on Corsola" situation gets an odd amount of focus in the game, with several NPCs explaining it and even a small cutscene (featuring two Corsola that seemed to have been attacked by Mareanie) portraying that.

There's still the matter that the "Mareanie and Toxapex prey on Corsola" situation gets an odd amount of focus in the game, with several NPCs explaining it and even a small cutscene (featuring two Corsola that seemed to have been attacked by Mareanie) portraying that.
Considering a conservation is a core theme in these games that's not a surprise. It would be good to see the conservation efforts have an effect in game such as rarer Pokemon becoming more common post game (looking at you 1% fishing spots).

I think that's Gamefreak trying to give the players a hint about how and where you can get Mareanie, too.
Hmmm... that sounds like a better hypothesis than the "there's a conservation theme", as if that were the case, then there would also be focus on other predator-prey relationships.

However, and since Mareanie is the only Pokemon to be found by taking precisely that into account...

I think that's Gamefreak trying to give the players a hint about how and where you can get Mareanie, too.
This. It's so incredibly annoying how difficult it is to find some of the pokemon in SM. You can legitimately play through the game without ever encountering several of them. I'm specially talking about SOS-Battles exclusive pokemon, with Goomy being the biggest offender. Not only is it an exclusively SOS-call pokemon, but it also must be freaking raining in the overworld in order for it to appear.

This. It's so incredibly annoying how difficult it is to find some of the pokemon in SM. You can legitimately play through the game without ever encountering several of them. I'm specially talking about SOS-Battles exclusive pokemon, with Goomy being the biggest offender. Not only is it an exclusively SOS-call pokemon, but it also must be freaking raining in the overworld in order for it to appear.
the weather sos mechanic is so strange. 4 pokemon lines are locked behind it and outside of one or two areas the weather is random. On top of that they seem significantly rarer than other sos encounters. I spent well over an hour near po town trying to get anything to appear and not even a castform (who I assume is the most common) showed up. Meanwhile cubone & corsola gave up kangskhans & mareanies relatively quickly; baby pokemon also liked calling for happiny.

I think gabite might have it the worst. It only shows up in the desert and I thiiiiiink only when it's sandstorming, but the desert can also have the sunny day effect instead.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Stupidest and probably weirdest complaint ever, but might as well share it.

Every time I see Kartana's name mentioned, for a split second I think people are talking about me. When I look at those first three letters and the "a" at the end, my mind auto-completes it to my name when reading.

It's kind of annoying.

R_N said:
the weather sos mechanic is so strange.
I had trouble getting anything to show up on Route 17 (Po Town) too, but otherwise the only one that took some time was Castform. People seem to be under the mistaken impression that the weather needs to be natural, but you can use weather-setting moves in battle and get those 'mons to appear.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hmmm... that sounds like a better hypothesis than the "there's a conservation theme", as if that were the case, then there would also be focus on other predator-prey relationships.

However, and since Mareanie is the only Pokemon to be found by taking precisely that into account...
Mareanie isn't the only one. Sableye prey on Carbink and so to get a Sableye you need to get a Carbink to SOS one in much like with Corsola and Mareanie. And yes, it also attacks Carbink as Mareanie attacks Corsola. This actually kind of reminds me how in Gen VI we had the Horse Battles when you could get 4 Zangoose/Sevipers and 1 Seviper/Zangoose and the group will be focused on fighting each other before focusing the player.

Every time I see Kartana's name mentioned, for a split second I think people are talking about me. When I look at those first three letters and the "a" at the end, my mind auto-completes it to my name when reading.

It's kind of annoying.
Ah, psychology. Fun fact: Eevn thugoh I miexd up the letetrs in tihs senentce, you can stlil raed it as yuor mnid frsit raeds the fisrt and lsat letetr or syalalbels of each wrod and flils in the rset from tehre.

It's kind of annoying.
To be fair, thanks to the beginning and the end I used to get you and Kurona mixed up at times. Luckily that went away rather quickly, but it still happens from time to time.

I think gabite might have it the worst. It only shows up in the desert and I thiiiiiink only when it's sandstorming, but the desert can also have the sunny day effect instead.
I really don't think Gabite's the worst. It's actually one of the easiest Weather SOSes since each section of the desert can have its own weather and it seems to focus mostly on Sandstorming. When I went looking for it, it really didn't take too long to find. I didn't even know it COULD be sunny in the desert for some time later.

I had trouble getting anything to show up on Route 17 (Po Town) too, but otherwise the only one that took some time was Castform. People seem to be under the mistaken impression that the weather needs to be natural, but you can use weather-setting moves in battle and get those 'mons to appear.
oh really? that's news that would have been handy to know for searching for vanillites (before i just threw up a bunch of mareanies on gts)

Synchronize does not guarantee wild Pokemon have the nature you are looking for.

It's a big, big hassle when soft-resetting for limited Pokemon, such as the Timid Nihilego I'm soft-resetting for.

I hate how confined and tiny Alola feels. There's not too much different between each island besides a few things (Melemele island is the least memorable island for me). I also didn't like how Kalos had a similar feeling to confinement but at least there was large amounts of varying land and not just ISLANDS 1-4 GO! Not much in Gen 5 I hate.. Well besides the fact Alder is the LEAST memorable champion, glad Iris made the cut instead. I didn't like the entralink on the Gen 5 Map, it bothered me tons. ORAS I dont see has anything wrong, or at least too much. Graphics are fabulous, detail's there, as well as the general sense of caring. The littlest but most annoying thing to me has to be that Alola had a very, VERY uninteresting and repetitive soundtrack. But that's just opinions, so I guess it shouldn't bother should it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 19)