(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

YES. Is it okay if I message you when I can pick up my game again? This week and next are my finals weeks...
Yeah, sure. Unless you meant HA Pikachu. Since HAs of course can't be in bankballs.

That's another thing that annoys me. Why can't males pass down HAs when breeding with a female? At least make it like a 10% chance; I'd buy that. I just want my Moon Ball Sableye, dammit.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The fact that Bankballs aren't available, and that certain Pokemon (most starters, fossils, male-only mons, genderless mons) can only be bred in a Pokeball. I want my Heavy Ball Kyurem and great ball shiny Sceptile and Luxury Ball Blaziken and Fast Ball Pikachu and Primier Ball Shiny Metagross (but I cant RNG to save my life so theres that) and etc

Also some mons being unavailable with their HAs. The Ho-Oh in ORAS is 100000% worthless because it has neither regen nor defog. Not to mention Sheer Force Feraligator and Snow Warning Aurorus and Contrary Serperior and damn it their absence is such a letdown!
I'm pretty sure the Hoenn starters can't be in anything other than Dream Balls and Poke Balls unless you've hacked them.

Ho-Oh is also a really shit Defogger for obvious reasons.

I'm pretty sure the Hoenn starters can't be in anything other than Dream Balls and Poke Balls unless you've hacked them.
Hoenn starters were a Japanese-only Global Link event in 5th gen. They were gender locked (male-only) and could be caught in any ball available in gen 5.

The more you know...

Which means you cant BREED them in anything but a Pokeball...
You must think I'm stupid, especially after I already typed in my response that they were gender-locked to male. I responded to the statement that they were "only available in Poke ball and Dream ball" - which is simply not true.
EDIT: Upon re-reading the original statement, I see that they were "believed to be only available..."

Please don't try to insult my intelligence on a matter as simple as 6th gen breeding...

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
According to Serebii, Delphox was allowed to learn Dazzling Gleam via TM. About time! I like Delphox, but it's movepool is very lacking. Now normally that wouldn't be an oddity except Delphox is partially based on a MAGE. It should be learning all sorts of Special moves! From TMs alone I say it should have been able to learn Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, Flash Cannon, and Dark Pulse.

In addition it also got Signal Beam via Move Tutor which is nice (though I'd argue it probably could have also gotten Earth Power). I also imagine it could have gotten a whole batch of Status Moves (ones that jump out are Pain Split, Magic Coat, and Magic Room), but the offensive moves stand out the most with me.

According to Serebii, Delphox was allowed to learn Dazzling Gleam via TM. About time! I like Delphox, but it's movepool is very lacking. Now normally that wouldn't be an oddity except Delphox is partially based on a MAGE. It should be learning all sorts of Special moves! From TMs alone I say it should have been able to learn Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, Flash Cannon, and Dark Pulse.

In addition it also got Signal Beam via Move Tutor which is nice (though I'd argue it probably could have also gotten Earth Power). I also imagine it could have gotten a whole batch of Status Moves (ones that jump out are Pain Split, Magic Coat, and Magic Room), but the offensive moves stand out the most with me.
Don't forget Focus Blast!

Updated the OP with my ORAS mini-hates.

Feel free to use them to make complaints of your own
:)

NEW MINI-HATES: ORAS EDITION (the trumpets are here)

1. Shiny legend locks STILL exist

• According to Game Freak, I can waste my time trying to get a shiny Suicune but not a sparkly Deoxys. All the mons that I can easily RNG from past gens? Shiny-able. A pokemon that can only be shiny from a long dead 3rd Gen ticket distribution? Have a shiny lock.
  • I guess I should also mention that the weather trio got the crap end of the shiny deal too...
2. The cutscenes.... just make them end
  • So, you want a flawless pentagon Lati@s? Didn't get the Eon Ticket (A.K.A: win the lottery)? Then welcome to the world of Steven talking. And him talking some more. Ooooh, now would be a great time to give you the Mega Ring.
  • And sure, throw in a Team AquaMagma battle in there too.
  • Oh, you actually wanted to finish the game? Well, sorry buddy. You can't continue until after you have an eon to call your own. No matter how much the IVs suck.
3. Yay for Organise Boxes being on top.... not.

• You have to get all the way to Fallarbor to to even get this option. And Lanette's house is really easy to just skip- especially if you were like me and said: 'nah, screw the stupid doll'
  • I've spent 12 plus years playing pokemon and guess what, I got used to scrolling down to Organise Boxes. It was super annoying but it became a reflex.
  • So even now, I wasting precious second scrolling down... even when I don't need to.

• According to Game Freak, I can waste my time trying to get a shiny Suicune but not a sparkly Deoxys. All the mons that I can easily RNG from past gens? Shiny-able. A pokemon that can only be shiny from a long dead 3rd Gen ticket distribution? Have a shiny lock.
  • I guess I should also mention that the weather trio got the crap end of the shiny deal too...
  • So, you want a flawless pentagon Lati@s? Didn't get the Eon Ticket (A.K.A: win the lottery)? Then welcome to the world of Steven talking. And him talking some more. Ooooh, now would be a great time to give you the Mega Ring.
  • Oh, you actually wanted to finish the game? Well, sorry buddy. You can't continue until after you have an eon to call your own. No matter how much the IVs suck.

• You have to get all the way to Fallarbor to to even get this option. And Lanette's house is really easy to just skip- especially if you were like me and said: 'nah, screw the stupid doll'
  • I've spent 12 plus years playing pokemon and guess what, I got used to scrolling down to Organise Boxes. It was super annoying but it became a reflex.
  • So even now, I wasting precious second scrolling down... even when I don't need to.
Don't forget the continued lack of any gem aside from normal... So still no Flying Gem boosted Acrobatics leading to Unburden speed boost.

Am I the only one who doesn't care about the shiny lock
Literally everything shiny locked here but Rayquaza has an absolutely disgusting shiny

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Don't forget the continued lack of any gem aside from normal... So still no Flying Gem boosted Acrobatics leading to Unburden speed boost.
That just makes no sense, why not make ALL gems available through rock smashing? Heck, they could probably even patch it in! I have this odd feeling we can't get gems this generation only because they want to force people to use Mega Evolutions. Like next gen we'll see the return of gems as if they were never gone, but this gen since they want to push Mega Evolutions they're gonna pretend the one-use power-up item doesn't exist even though only the Flying Gem had any big strategy around it (honestly if they brought back just the Flying Gem I bet most of the complaints would go away despite all the other Gems still being missing).

That just makes no sense, why not make ALL gems available through rock smashing? Heck, they could probably even patch it in! I have this odd feeling we can't get gems this generation only because they want to force people to use Mega Evolutions. Like next gen we'll see the return of gems as if they were never gone, but this gen since they want to push Mega Evolutions they're gonna pretend the one-use power-up item doesn't exist even though only the Flying Gem had any big strategy around it (honestly if they brought back just the Flying Gem I bet most of the complaints would go away despite all the other Gems still being missing).
They want to force you to use Megas yet they give you the Soul Dew...?

The Organize Box reflex is real... I was happy when I was able to move it to the top, but it took me about a week to break the habit of naturally scrolling down to reach Organize box. It got real frustrating to the point that I almost switched it back, but now I think I'm finally used to it.

The real annoying part now is that when I go back and play X and Y, my new natural reflex is to not scroll, so I end up on "Deposit."

EDIT: On the gems thing, I think I heard somewhere that people thought GameFreak left them out because Dragon Gem was so OP in VGC.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
The Organize Box reflex is real... I was happy when I was able to move it to the top, but it took me about a week to break the habit of naturally scrolling down to reach Organize box. It got real frustrating to the point that I almost switched it back, but now I think I'm finally used to it.

The real annoying part now is that when I go back and play X and Y, my new natural reflex is to not scroll, so I end up on "Deposit."

EDIT: On the gems thing, I think I heard somewhere that people thought GameFreak left them out because Dragon Gem was so OP in VGC.
They're still in the game's coding though. And I could swear I read somewhere that they're supposed to be nerfed a bit in Gen VI (30% boost instead of 50%, or something like that.)

Then why did they go through the effort to code in Fairy Gem?
Am I the only one who doesn't care about the shiny lock
Literally everything shiny locked here but Rayquaza has an absolutely disgusting shiny
I guess it's the mere concept that you can't get them shiny that bothers people... I personally don't care that much about shinies in general.

That sums up my feelings, though I've mostly have been playing Y on my old 3DS instead of my XL since I have been trading between the games, so I have been able to stabilize this.

I hate how Lilligant's movepool is still utter garbage, even after three sets of new games.

At least they could have made her /Fairy, it would have been at least as appropriate for Lilligant as it was for Whimsicott.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 11)