Little things you like about Pokémon

As cheesy as it sounds, I quite liked those meme references in X/Y. I just love seeing little popular culture references in huge series like Pokemon.
Well I guess even Game Freak themselves couldn't help but crack that "it's over 9000!" meme, ensuring it's well and truly driven into the ground and beaten... Still got a slight giggle out of me the first time I ran into and beat that Psychic who says it. And it does seem that they worked in that TPP reference in Devon Corp: (along with a few other things, like Serebii's Pokearth map albeit backwards) both in that the camera has a picture of Omanyte in the background when zoomed in on Mr. Stone and he basically gives you the Pidgeotite. Yes, your wannabe Bird Jesus can now spam Hurricane and Heat Wave until the PP runs dry without missing a mark for the glory of Lord Helix!

I love how the Lumiose Gym quizzes are set up. Especially the music. You've got that moment of suspense (but of course you know you're right)...and then you hear the beeping telling you you're correct as the Gym theme kicks back in and the applause comes. Glorious. Cheesy, but glorious.
Makes Lumiose be one of my favorite Kalos gyms. I hope we'll get more quizzes like these, even if they're easy. Including the Pans is a clever way to make it harder for those who don't remember the differences.

I love how the Lumiose Gym quizzes are set up. Especially the music. You've got that moment of suspense (but of course you know you're right)...and then you hear the beeping telling you you're correct as the Gym theme kicks back in and the applause comes. Glorious. Cheesy, but glorious.
Anyone who watched the first season or so of the anime probably yelled "WHO'S THAT POKEMON?!" at the gym puzzle, likely louder than they should have at the time, before the game actually said who's that Pokemon.

...surely I couldn't have been the only person to do that, right? Or maybe most just did so mentally and have better self-control than that...

Anyone who watched the first season or so of the anime probably yelled "WHO'S THAT POKEMON?!" at the gym puzzle, likely louder than they should have at the time, before the game actually said who's that Pokemon.

...surely I couldn't have been the only person to do that, right? Or maybe most just did so mentally and have better self-control than that...
Not only did I do that once, I then yelled "IT'S PIKACHU!" for the first question (which indeed it was).

That in Pokemon Shuffle, the new mega Zard-y's ability is...

"Erase all Pokemon in a Y pattern."

I love it! Also is helped me defeat stupid Vivillion. :3

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
Game Freak giving us decent hatching routes in gen 6 without really shoehorning in the location. Lumiose Centre fits in with the other circular plazas throughout Lumiose and the Battle Resort is an island... and not even that large, so it makes sense there'd be at least one loop.
Would have been nice if those patches of deep sand wasn't there though.

Revisiting Sky Tower and cannot help enjoy they accounted details by having the fight stage correspond to the floor it is on by having appropriate section of the mural shown.

Whenever you knock out an entire horde of Pokemon at once, they make this really satisfying thud sound during their fainting animation and I just really like it.
It's no different than for an individual Pokemon, only it's multiplied by 5. Still satisfying to have, say, an entire horde of Wingull faint and get the fainted sound over and over in quick succession like that.

Especially the Route 5 Scraggy. Being Sand Attacked and Leered to -6 is beyond annoying. Heck, it can get downright terrifying.
Good thing there's Aerial Ace to not give a crap about accuracy if you must clear them one by one. Or carry Guard Spec. for when you find a Scraggy Horde with an Intimidate in their number to figure out which one it is in relative peace for a few turns. (obviously not for the Intimidate, but to block out Leer and Sand Attack)

Good thing there's Aerial Ace to not give a crap about accuracy if you must clear them one by one. Or carry Guard Spec. for when you find a Scraggy Horde with an Intimidate in their number to figure out which one it is in relative peace for a few turns. (obviously not for the Intimidate, but to block out Leer and Sand Attack)
Maybe I should've used that Farfetch'd...(I did have an Aerial Ace Honedge, so that helped.)

Actually, that's something else. You pick Fennekin and expect to easily sweep Viola, only to be met with that Surskit. Well, that sucks. So, who you gonna call? Not that Jokemon you traded for just for Dex completion or because you can easily catch another Bunnelby! No, that certainly would be a horrible idea!

...oh, it has Aerial Ace? With a Jolly nature? Sign me up, please!

Maybe I should've used that Farfetch'd...(I did have an Aerial Ace Honedge, so that helped.)

Actually, that's something else. You pick Fennekin and expect to easily sweep Viola, only to be met with that Surskit. Well, that sucks. So, who you gonna call? Not that Jokemon you traded for just for Dex completion or because you can easily catch another Bunnelby! No, that certainly would be a horrible idea!

...oh, it has Aerial Ace? With a Jolly nature? Sign me up, please!
Not that Honedge ever worries about accuracy thanks to No Guard... But speaking of Viola, I did like that her Surskit, as crappy as it is, at least stymies Fennekin in being the clear-cut choice to start with. (as well as Chespin getting Rollout to help with a gym it'd otherwise be at a disadvantage against) And that thanks to Tyrunt's typing of Rock/Dragon, none of the starters have a clear advantage against Grant either. (Amaura... not nearly so much, though Refrigerated Take Down hurts if using Quiladin/Ivysaur)

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Not that Honedge ever worries about accuracy thanks to No Guard... But speaking of Viola, I did like that her Surskit, as crappy as it is, at least stymies Fennekin in being the clear-cut choice to start with. (as well as Chespin getting Rollout to help with a gym it'd otherwise be at a disadvantage against) And that thanks to Tyrunt's typing of Rock/Dragon, none of the starters have a clear advantage against Grant either. (Amaura... not nearly so much, though Refrigerated Take Down hurts if using Quiladin/Ivysaur)
I just was really stubborn and beat that Surskit with Fennekin anyway. Took much longer than other Pokemon, but still.

I just was really stubborn and beat that Surskit with Fennekin anyway. Took much longer than other Pokemon, but still.
I must wonder how you pulled that off, considering you're reduced to Scratching while it has a STAB Water move to nuke you.

Anyway, the music. Mon dieu, the music this gen was amazing, in both Kalos and Hoenn. I'll usually pop an extended version of something on while I'm studying or whatever (Sycamore's theme being a personal favorite), and while some of it was stronger than others, overall I feel the soundtrack was very solid.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I must wonder how you pulled that off, considering you're reduced to Scratching while it has a STAB Water move to nuke you.
You can use Ember, Bug and Water cancel each out so Fire is just neutral. And since Fennekin's Special Attack is higher than its Attack its the preferable option. You still have the Water Gun problem but if Fennekin is high enough in level it should be able to take two hits and be faster so you can go with the strategy of using Ember and healing with a Potion every other turn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)