Which Logo?

• Logo 1

Votes: 120 64.2%
  • Logo 2

Votes: 67 35.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No love for Logo 2? I really like the use of Koffing right in there, as opposed to an abstract image of it.

The koffing in Logo 1 is iconic without being attention hogging. overall it's excellent design. Logo 2 is cute, but the unpolished look doesn't seem to fit with this project.

Logo 1. It looks more professional, like a Hallmark, which I think suits Smogon's focused and intellectual mindset. The second logo was messy, too cartoony and formless. More of a kids school project title.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
HI IM AN IDIOT AND I LIKE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE MOST MUNDANE SHIT BECAUSE I AM CHRISISME AND MY OPINION MATTERS MORE THAN ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR THE NAME BECAUSE YOU KNOW I AM CORRECT AND EVERYTHING

Logo 2.
Many people will agree, pictures make an article more appealing (Last time I checked it was in the RMT rules that it makes your team look better).

I hope no one is voting based on who made the logo, and I also hope that neither of the artists take anything personally when this is said and done!

That said, I really like Stellar's based on a design standpoint.
I like logo 2 because the creator is pretty and therefore his submission is too!

One has the elegance of a legitimate logo, for magazines.

The second would probably fair better as a website layout or something.

Voted 1.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Logo 1 is much better, logo two's koffing appears to have just been plonked in there without any thought. Plus, I like logo 1's simplicity.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Mastheads need to be simple, clean, and effective. Too much flash detracts from the content. Logo 1 works best for this.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
One, the logo needs to be clear enough to get the message me want, to get across, but we don't want it distracting from the articles.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Logo 2 is certainly aesthetically pleasing and well done, but I choose logo 1 based on how clean it is. Logo 1 seems much more professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)