Votes: 120 64.2%
  • Logo 2

Votes: 67 35.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Logo 1

Logo 2

Poll will be closed when there's an obvious winner. If it's close, i'll decide with a coin flip.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
you want your logo as simple and elegant as possible so that it doesn't detract any attention from the articles themselves.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Very difficult decision for me, I voted fore stellar though.

ps SDS that koffing is badass

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I dont like the second one at all. The lettering is all over the place, and even if it wasnt, it would probably still look messy. The paint splatter is cheesey and also I am confused what its relevance is.

I think for the second one the skull and crossbones is too large and it makes it look weird, but otherwise it is what it ought to be without any unnescessary distractions.

Sorry stellar, but I really hope we go with the first one.

Have a nice day.

I hope no one is voting based on who made the logo, and I also hope that neither of the artists take anything personally when this is said and done!

That said, I really like Stellar's based on a design standpoint.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Logo 2, easy. The first one is simultaneously too damn big and the "koffing" for the o looks terrible.
There's a reason I made it as an svg that can be shrunk or expanded >_>; Size shouldn't be an issue.

Anyway, I'm a little torn. I think both logos fit different media. I'd say Logo 1 is better for a print or pdf mag whereas Logo 2 might be better for the mockup that Sarenji put out.

the first one is just too great. A possible bevel/drop shadow might make it look better, but it's fine how it is.

The other thing is that the logo selection should wait until after the first edition in my opinion. We want to know what the magazine actually looks like so that we can vote on a fitting logo.

This one is obvious to me. The Smog is meant to be taken seriously; the logo should reflect that. I find it difficult to associate Logo 2 with something serious.

I'm with Logo 1. It's simple and plain and seems to fit with Smogon's 'competitive' theme more, as CardsOfTheHeart said 'more serious'.

And 2nd Logo looks a little messy and I see no reason for the splatters which just make the logo look messy. All the details and everything don't look as good for a logo to me.

I like them both, but as has been already said the first looks more professional which is a better reflection on Smogon and THE SMOG.

First one.

It's clean and simple.

The second one seems to messy and unprofessional with the random splats on the letters and the Koffing in general.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
I went with logo 1 because it's simple and effective. I like the splatter effect in the logo 2, but the letters are too messy.

vashta

"It was pretty cool to watch Tim Duncan from afar"
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really like both logos, however, the first appealed more to me... maybe it was its simplicity that won me over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)