Look At What I Chained - Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forretress if you have emerald, i dont like the shiny sprite myself but...

Seviper maybe...sapphire poke.
I actually like Forretress' shiny sprite, but I don't have Emerald... Seviper is a possibility though, I've always liked that guy.

Looking over the shiny chart in the OP, I'm really liking Houndoom's, Flygon's, Cacturne's, and Manectric's shiny sprites (I'm a sucker for blue and gold), so perhaps I'll try hunting those down later as well. I'll have to check if those guys need any Egg Moves though...

Be careful when chaining Houndoom because they have roar :(
Note to self: Bring Taunter when chaining Houndoom...

Well, my first Ditto chain got me 10 regular Dittos before it broke, and one had flawless Speed. :D Currently on my second chain, let's hope it goes better.

Komodo

Huff
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I didnt plan on chaining it. It just appeared when i was going for shuckle so i decided to carry on and i got that, i doubt anybody will want it so its not going on my thread.

I got Beldum as my chain today. Anyone have any suggestions for what ball to use for Shiny Metagross?

*EDIT*
Uggggggggggghhhhhhhh.... 3 Catch Rate... Beldum is gonna be a bitch to catch without Spore... And it's only move is Take Down, which means I need a Ghost to prevent it from dying after False Swipe... *swears incoherently*

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
I got Beldum as my chain today. Anyone have any suggestions for what ball to use for Shiny Metagross?

*EDIT*
Uggggggggggghhhhhhhh.... 3 Catch Rate... Beldum is gonna be a bitch to catch without Spore... And it's only move is Take Down, which means I need a Ghost to prevent it from dying after False Swipe... *swears incoherently*
As a Beldum veteran who didn't use Master Balls for all but one catch, I can say this:
  • You'll want something to clear the weather. Sandstorm not only does damage to HP, but also to time: if you have Leftovers, it takes twice as long for the turn to pass, even if you're losing no HP overall. Just using Sunny Day will do: you want non-permanent weather so the message doesn't come up every turn.
  • Tricking Leftovers to Beldum is surprisingly useful, if you intend to do another trick I do: use Fling for force Take Down to have more PP restored.
  • As previously mentioned, a Ghost will prevent self-KOs. Unfortunately, I don't think any Ghost types can learn Gravity and Hypnosis, so Gengar is your best bet, to Hypnosis Beldum first.
  • Stockpile, stockpile, stockpile as always. Max out any Balls you intend to use, as well as all varieties of Repels. Attach Max Repels to your Pokemon in your party, and detach them after you use your next Max Repel, after your previous Max Repel runs out.
  • This may or may not work for you, but the 3D glasses trick I came up with has worked wonders for me in the overworld sandstorm.

Wait, what? Sandstorm? I thought Beldum appeared along Route 224... Bah, I don't have the 3D glasses to help, and I failed miserably last time I tried to chain in Sandstorm...

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
And now, for my most recent chain and the start of my return to chaining, ever since the off-putting Torkoal SBP, the best in the 9 shinies I got:

Timid #312 Minun: 30 / 24 / 12 / 24 / 20 / 30 (HP Fighting 35)

And now, for my most recent chain and the start of my return to chaining, ever since the off-putting Torkoal SBP, the best in the 9 shinies I got:

Timid #312 Minun: 30 / 24 / 12 / 24 / 20 / 30 (HP Fighting 35)

Nice, I like Minun's shiny sprite. Too bad about the HP power, though. :(

Misdreavus is being a pain in the ass for me... I can't seem to get it past 20. >_< I think I might go after Nidoran-M instead if I can't get Misdreavus to 40 by tomorrow night... Anyone know what nature is best for a mixed Nidroking?

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Nice, I like Minun's shiny sprite. Too bad about the HP power, though. :(

Misdreavus is being a pain in the ass for me... I can't seem to get it past 20. >_< I think I might go after Nidoran-M instead if I can't get Misdreavus to 40 by tomorrow night... Anyone know what nature is best for a mixed Nidroking?
What I used for mine, Rash, I believe. Stock up on Dive Balls, they look amazing with it.

I'm just beginning to get into this. I happened to be training my randomly caught male Ralts up to level 43 when I decide to go into the Safari Zone and Paras happens to be the Pokemon-of-the-Day, so I'm currently working on leveling up my Dry Skin Parasect. Meanwhile, I'm trying to practice a bit by chain-training on Bidoof and/or Starly.

Any tips that aren't covered in the guide for a beginner? I've yet to actually get my chain up into 40 (It broke at I think ~35, I was quite annoyed), but I'm working at getting at some shiny Starlies and Bidoofs before I start moving on to the more difficult Pokemon.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This thread has mostly turned into a proxy "look at my Pokemon" thread and has largely deviated from the original intent of this solely being about chaining issues and questions. Since it's redundant to have two threads of "look at my Pokemon" they have been incorporated into a single Discuss My Pokemon thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)