Look At What I Chained - Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since my Chaining Guide his located in C&C, I decided to create this thread in order to discuss chaining. Ask any questions you have or seek advice you need. Update us on how your chaining is going, whether it's bad or successful. Basically, discussion of any kind is welcome, so just post whatever you want as long as it relates to chaining in some way. In order to maintain a friendly atmosphere, please no flaming of any kind.

All questions and concerns about chaining and my Chaining Guide should be voiced here!

Mark I of this thread turned out just the way I'd hoped, thanks to you all. Thank you to everyone who posted in it and showed interest in chaining in any way, shape, or form. I hope this edition will be equally successful!

Wondering what should you chain?
For a look all 493 shiny sprites click here. Credit to Lorak for finding this.

Also, no PM's please! You will be infracted! ...Okay, so you won't be infracted, but you will be kicked in the balls if you happen to live within a mile or so of my house.

Good luck and happy hunting!
~Diesel

I'm reserving this post in case I decide to do anything fun with it, like I (sort of) did with the last one. We'll see.

Also, thank you X-Act for closing the last one... I figured you would care for a one-word PM saying thanks.

As for me, I'm currently failing miserably at chaining Magnemite, which could not be easier I might add, as it's a swarm that can be magnet-pulled. I'm a little rusty, haha. Hopefully I'll break through tomorrow.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Ah... good luck to you, Diesel.

Myself, I'm nearly prepped to chain some Nidoran M. All I need are a few more days of Pal Parking Dive Balls, which is working much quicker now that I have all three of RSE.

The only question is what nature to Synch for...

Ah... good luck to you, Diesel.

Myself, I'm nearly prepped to chain some Nidoran M. All I need are a few more days of Pal Parking Dive Balls, which is working much quicker now that I have all three of RSE.

The only question is what nature to Synch for...
Just Synch Adamant. I am going to go chain Marril in Trophy Garden, let's see what I can do...

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Just Synch Adamant. I am going to go chain Marril in Trophy Garden, let's see what I can do...
The only reason I asked was that the Modest Special Attacker variant looked interesting... Is it unusable, despite the slightly lower Sp.Atk. stat?

The only reason I asked was that the Modest Special Attacker variant looked interesting... Is it unusable, despite the slightly lower Sp.Atk. stat?
I don't know, let me take a good look a the analysis.
EDIT: The stat is good for a UU, so yeah it's usable but only in UU if you know what I mean.

If I'm ever split on which nature to use I just bring multiple synchronizers. Sometimes I'll give on a higher ratio of use than the other if I want that nature more. For example, I'm taking both Mild and Modest for my Magnemites, I might use Modest more though.

Diesel, are these the Optimal Patch Theory patches?

4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 |~|~| 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4
4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4 |~|~| 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4
4 3 2 2 2 2 2 3 4 |~|~| 4 3 2 2 2 2 2 3 4
4 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 4 |~|~| 4 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 4
4 3 2 1 Y 1 2 3 4 |~|~| 4 3 2 1 Y 1 2 3 4
4 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 4 |~|~| 4 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 4
4 3 2 2 2 2 2 3 4 |~|~| 4 3 2 2 2 2 2 3 4
4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4 |~|~| 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4
4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 |~|~| 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4

Omigosh first-page post! : D

Anyway. Do you have any tips on how exactly to picture the grid around you? I have trouble with this and end up guessing which is farthest sometimes. I also have trouble recognizing some dangerous patches, eg. the 'three-is-isolated' patches.

I just chained to 40 for the first time (Fighting Dustox at Route 230). I kept reseting and got 2 shinies. I just happened to bring my Modest Alakazam along, should I sync with it or not?

Edit: Turns out I didn't bring along Alakazam at all, so whatever. I accidentally killed a Shiny and it gave my whole party Pokerus, like WTF?

Kuri-Chan - Once you get the grid, you'll be able to get the 3-is-iso'd kinda stuff better I think. As for envisioning it, try to remember where each patch shakes and then plot its coordinates like on a graph. That'll maybe help you get used to it? Maybe try to envision the patches as numbers also? It's kind of a mental thing so it's hard for me to help, sorry if my advice blows, lol.

I've been trying to learn to chain for the past few days and I think I'm doing fine...I've made the worst mistakes ever though, like forgetting to replenish repel, going out of sight of the patches, and running into unseen patches :P

Also, I keep having the suspicious feeling while I reset the radar at 40 that the patch i see rustling behind my head is shiny @_@ I never go to that patch but its so unsettling lol.

Anyway, nice guide, it helps a lot ^^

EDIT: I have a question though. Is there a way to have both a Synchronizer and a Magnet Puller? I tried what you said about using Static pokemon (synch fainted, static alive) but my Magnemite chain still broke on what seemed like good patches a couple of times :\

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Also, I keep having the suspicious feeling while I reset the radar at 40 that the patch i see rustling behind my head is shiny @_@ I never go to that patch but its so unsettling lol.
I know what you mean. The "blink" pattern, when your character sprite is blocking it, does look like the "shiny" pattern in some respects, but the "shiny" takes more time to do its stuff. I just wouldn't risk it either, personally.

Its weird though, because sometimes the one behind does seem to last longer than the rest of the "blink" patterns in the same reset, and the little blinks seem rounder...but I still don't enter those because Im pretty sure I'm just imagining things xD Still unsettling though.

Damn Gamefreak and their big headed characters.

To increase your chances of seeing the patch above your head, face East when resetting. Just know, though, that's it almost is never up there. I've gotten it once (in the snow) and it's a good feeling, but I'd just recommend never entering it under any circumstance. Also I don't think the Static/Synch move works (my guide needs updating >.>). I'd recommend just using the Static/Magnet Puller before 40 (switch to Synch for early shiny obviously), and after 40 having the synch as the lead.

Edit: Also, the Shiny patches don't shake. Don't count on seeing it shake behind your head though.

Uh, Is it true that patches beside you always break your chain or am I just unlucky. I'm having bad luck chaining though even what I'm chaining is a very common electric type and I have a static poke, It wouldn't reach 20 >_>

I've caught a few shiny Machop, Spoink, Cubone and Magnemite...the only one that I've caught that may be useful for anything is:

Cubone-Adamant-Lightningrod bleh:
2/30/5/15/7/31

So is it useful for anything? I don't think so but I'm just checking.

EDIT: Also, are you sure the synch-static or magnet puller format in your party doesn't work Diesel? I noticed that my chain wouldn't break in bad patches that I accidentally walked into when I had my magneton w/Magnet Pull after my synchroniser, but when I switched it with Smeargle my next accidental bad patch was a Pachirisu. Or maybe its just coincidence?

Werpooler - They don't always break, just most of the time. Depends a lot on catch rate I think.

The Lost One - I really don't know about the Static/Synch thing, it's hard to tell I guess.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Also I don't think the Static/Synch move works (my guide needs updating >.>). I'd recommend just using the Static/Magnet Puller before 40 (switch to Synch for early shiny obviously), and after 40 having the synch as the lead.
Do you mean Slot 1 Fainted Static/MP, Slot 2 Syncher? Or Slot 1 Fainted Syncher, Slot 2 Static/MP?

To increase your chances of seeing the patch above your head, face East when resetting. Just know, though, that's it almost is never up there. I've gotten it once (in the snow) and it's a good feeling, but I'd just recommend never entering it under any circumstance. Also I don't think the Static/Synch move works (my guide needs updating >.>). I'd recommend just using the Static/Magnet Puller before 40 (switch to Synch for early shiny obviously), and after 40 having the synch as the lead.

Edit: Also, the Shiny patches don't shake. Don't count on seeing it shake behind your head though.
It works, I followed the order in your guide and it works. - Slot 1 Sync(K.O.ed), Slot 2 Magnet Puller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)