Look At What I Chained - Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Results from Dive Ball Nidoran M Chaining:
Chain Length: 43 (40 Normal + 3 Shinies.)
Cause of Chain Termination: Edge-of-Grass Shiny Pokemon spot.

Shiny Pokemon Obtained:
Jolly M Nidoran (PP): 6 - 7 / 12 - 13 / 18 - 19 / 20 - 21 / 14 - 15 / 10 - 11
Mild M Nidoran (Ri): 0 - 1 / 8 - 9 / 30 - 31 / 14 - 15 / 0 - 1 / 14 - 15
Rash M Nidoran (PP): 28 - 29 / 14 - 15 / 14 - 15 / 8 - 9 / 20 - 21 / 8 - 9

Back to chaining today, got one shiny so far. OH GOD, WHERE DID THAT STINGER COME FROM!?

EDIT 1: Chain progresses well. At 64, a new chain record for me, 40 KOed Normal + 23 Shinies caught + battling a shiny. Also, conforming the "Saw two shiny patches at once" just before entering battle 64. (Two right, one up, which I entered, along with four right.)

EDIT 2: At 69. Just passed up a shiny in a very dangerous patch of grass:

Congrats everyone who had success! Shelcario especially! Nice to see you break through even though I was gone and not replying to PM's. Sad face at everyone who broke theirs late, it sucks, but keep at it!

As for myself, I went on (a fucking sweet) vacation with some friends, and for some reason I spent every waking moment of free time (car rides, early morning, late night, etc.) chaining all sorts of stuff. I've never been so focused on chaining or so confident in my whole career, it was really strange. Anyway, in a 72-hour period I chained the following...

Magnemite
Modest - Sturdy
18 | 22 | 22 | 30 | 17 | 16

Modest - Magnet Pull
26 | 28 | 4 | 20 | 9 | 28

Pidgey
Jolly - Tangled Feet
#1: 23 | 31 | 24 | 26 | 5 | 30
#2: 28 | 26 | 7 | 20 | 8 | 31

Definitely my luckiest chain ever for a number of reasons. I had just finished Magnemite and went up to Route 229 for a different poke, but my swarm had switched after my Magnemite chain broke. So I was just dicking around and decided that if I could get to 20 really fast on this chain I would stick with it, and I'm really glad I did. #1 is probably the best shiny I've captured IV-wise.

Metapod
Jolly - 28 | 22 | 17 | 31 | 18 | 21

This one broke at 30 or so, and I broke it multiple times before and after, so this was the lone shiny I got out of it. Nice catch for just one, but I wish my Timid synch was out. I'm definitely going back for more soon.

Houndoom
Timid - Flash Fire
S | H | I | T | T | Y

More Houndoom frustration for Diesel!! I caught 3 shinies, the first two of which were Quirky, the third of which had some of the most disgraceful IV's I've ever witnessed. I got Roared away (again!!!) on 41. I put it to sleep, used False Swipe, and it woke up and sent my running for the fences. So frustrating, I've almost never encountered 2-turn sleep, so I basically forgot it existed. I was going to look it up on the internet but my iPhone didn't have service where I was. Anyway, needless to say I won't be making that mistake a third time. I'm going to get a good one of these if it's the last thing I do.

Bronzor
Brave - Heatproof
29 | 29 | 31 | 14 | 21 | 11

Relaxed - Levitate
29 | 22 | 27 | 28 | 18 | 20

This was a pretty disappointing chain on the whole. It took forever, since I broke it at 111 (longest chain ever). My synch was Sassy, and I was hoping to get something spectacular. Unfortunately, the Sassy ones are less than great. I'm still sorting through them, so I'll post the best ones when I'm done being pissed at them. -___-

Anyway, hope everyone does good work!

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Well-said on Houndoom, and congrats on the Pidgey!

I'll have IVs once this chain (never! NEVER!) breaks.

EDIT: ... Have you considered using a Soundproof Pokemon to avoid Roar?

I had an Electrode and Cradily in the party, and was about to switch to them. I need to form a better and more efficient party though, ugh.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
I had an Electrode and Cradily in the party, and was about to switch to them. I need to form a better and more efficient party though, ugh.
You remember the horror that was my Beldum team. :(

For Nidoran M, Gardevoir with Hypnosis seems to be enough. I had a second slot prepped with Zangoose (Poison Point + Immunity w/False Swipe = :D), but Peck does 1 damage to Gardy, and I have Leftovers. Should have grabbed a Wide Lens...

Yea, rarely do I need more than False Swipe. For Pidgey, Bronzor, and Metapod not even that. So naturally when the time comes to be prepared, I get unexpectedly pwned.

Hey, so I'm looking at the chaining guide... but I don't really understand this part.... you say these formations are ideal but which one are you supposed to go to? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 |~|~| 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4
4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4 |~|~| 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4
4 3 2 2 2 2 2 3 4 |~|~| 4 3 2 2 2 2 2 3 4
4 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 4 |~|~| 4 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 4
4 3 2 1 Y 1 2 3 4 |~|~| 4 3 2 1 Y 1 2 3 4
4 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 4 |~|~| 4 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 4
4 3 2 2 2 2 2 3 4 |~|~| 4 3 2 2 2 2 2 3 4
4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4 |~|~| 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4
4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 |~|~| 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4

Either. For simplification, ignore the 1-aways and 3-aways on the first grid, they just have to be out of the quadrant of the other two. Also ignore the fact that there are two 3-aways on the second, as either of them work.

Those are poorly made, I'll be changing the guide soon.

Wow, nice results on yesterday's chains guys :D I still have trouble getting 10 shinies in one chain :\ And the only good shiny (and its still debatable if its even worth using :|) I've got so far is my 31 speed/30 attack Cubone.

I especially like that Pidgey btw >,> I need to figure out something to chain right now...wish me luck, maybe I'll get to 10 today :D

I broke two at 38 ._. So the last time there was this one spot by the tree (I'm chaining swablu) that is my 'money spot' because it has never broke my chain and is usually 4 away for me, and I luckily got a patch there, and finally got to 39, then proceeded to 40 =) I got two modest swablu so far, but they have butt ivs.

By the way, I've been trying your optimal patch theory, and it has only failed me twice (out of 9 successful chains) so I think it's pretty reliable.

Is eevee possible to chain? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I heard somewhere that you can't in the trophy garden. I just think it be cool to have a hp electric pink vaporeon ;D

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
I did some calculations, and realized that I am likely to run out of two things at about the same time, if all other parts hold constant: Repels, and Box Space. And I had freed up 5 boxes by transfers to MPR. o__o However, at these constants, I would be chaining for about... the next 4 days, given how long I play for.

EDIT: Redid my calculations. With 673 Max Repels used up to catch 51 shinies, it looks like 117 more shinies are in my future, at this rate, if it doesn't break.

I broke two at 38 ._. So the last time there was this one spot by the tree (I'm chaining swablu) that is my 'money spot' because it has never broke my chain and is usually 4 away for me, and I luckily got a patch there, and finally got to 39, then proceeded to 40 =) I got two modest swablu so far, but they have butt ivs.

By the way, I've been trying your optimal patch theory, and it has only failed me twice (out of 9 successful chains) so I think it's pretty reliable.

Is eevee possible to chain? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I heard somewhere that you can't in the trophy garden. I just think it be cool to have a hp electric pink vaporeon ;D
Eevee is chainable. You just have to make sure it's in the garden (prepare to SR after saving in front of the Mansion owner). It is very rare, but there. Lilewise for Porygon, and all other Pokemon in the garden, except for Pikachu, Pichu, Staravia, and Kricketune (which are always there, and what I would consider common/semi-common).

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Chain at 101 now. :O
Looking to chain some cool competitive shinies..Any ideas please?
Porygon, Beldum... anything genderless, really, as they don't need Egg Moves. Just try to avoid ones with Emerald tutored moves on the Smogon sets.

Some good ideas.Thanks guys.
Oh and Lorak I did some Porygons for Pokeguy already =)
If I can chain on Emerald I might start sometime since I got Emerald now.

Oh yeah is trying to chain for a shiny with a great hidden power super hard? I want some cool shinies, but they require hidden powers =(

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Chaining on Emerald is pretty difficult, iirc it's impossible ... Or were you kidding?

No I thought you could chain in Emerald. >.>

Anyway, can't do Larvitar atm.SR'ing for Heatran.Anymore ideas?

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Some good ideas.Thanks guys.
Oh and Lorak I did some Porygons for Pokeguy already =)
If I can chain on Emerald I might start sometime since I got Emerald now.

Oh yeah is trying to chain for a shiny with a great hidden power super hard? I want some cool shinies, but they require hidden powers =(
Emerald lacks a Poke Radar. :|

And Hidden Power is all up to chance when chaining. The more you catch, the better you hedge your bets.

Well said, Jimbo, lol. There's no Pokeradar in Emerald.

Hidden Power is very hard btw, it takes a ton of luck, and even if you get that luck you still can wind up with shitty IV's. You can probably calculate the probability of getting a hidden power if you want. You won't like what you find. It would be beneficial to go after something that would want more than one Hidden Power so as to maximize your chances.

What are you chaining right now lorak? Good luck catching your 168 shinies of whatever it is...You should be bound to get something good out of that

I'm thinking of trying to chain something really good once my chem class is over in a month...Just not sure what I'm going to go for...I'm trying to think of something usable that doesn't require egg moves yet hasn't been chained by a lot of people yet (or at least there isn't already a good shiny version of it on smogon)...I'll have to spend some time thinking about it, but I think this is a promise to add another competitive shiny to my thread in the near future...Shiny my eevees was a lot of fun, and although I don't expect another tri-flawless hp fighting 70 espeon, I should hopefully get something that is a step down from that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)