name: Last Resort
move 1: Fake Out
move 2: High Jump Kick
move 3: Last Resort
ability: Limber
item: Lopunnite
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly

After a teammate gets KOed by a Pokemon that is 2HKOed by a combination of Fake Out and High Jump Kick, send in Lopunny, Mega Evolve, use Fake Out, and follow up with a High Jump Kick. From there on, you may proceed to spam Last Resort and High Jump Kick; the two providing decent coverage alongside one another. Thanks to Scrappy, this set is not walled by Ghost-types.
I think you need try try this without fake out, it works much better and is less predictable. Predicting a switch with HJK pretty much forces you to switch out the next turn unless you waste a turn with fake out.

Okay, so I realised the whole reason people even use lopunny now is because of its mega evolution. But I personally think it still has potential outside of that. It can learn some neato normal STAB moves as well. It atk stat may not be great but if boosted it is definitely usable. It also has some decent defensive stats as well as good speed. So I ask if this could be a potential set?
Lopunny @ Choice Band
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Hp
Adamant nature
Retaliate (For some excellent revenge killing)
Return (For some solid damage)
High jump Kick (For some solid coverage)
Random attacking move for coverage here
Or:
Lopunny @ Toxic Orb
Adamant nature
Facade (For some powerful damage)
Healing wish (So when the health gets low you can do something useful)
Those are the two main moves for this set so any suggestions you have for other moves is appreciated
When I was new to pokemon, after looking at Lopunny's stats I immediately chucked it into the "Horrible Pokemon" bin. But since I entered the world of EV training and Competitive battling, I looked at lopunny's stats in a different light.

Okay, so I realised the whole reason people even use lopunny now is because of its mega evolution. But I personally think it still has potential outside of that. It can learn some neato normal STAB moves as well. It atk stat may not be great but if boosted it is definitely usable. It also has some decent defensive stats as well as good speed. So I ask if this could be a potential set?
Lopunny @ Choice Band
Adamant nature
Retaliate (For some excellent revenge killing)
Return (For some solid damage)
High jump Kick (For some solid coverage)
Random attacking move for coverage here
Or:
Lopunny @ Toxic Orb
Adamant nature
Facade (For some powerful damage)
Healing wish (So when the health gets low you can do something useful)
Those are the two main moves for this set so any suggestions you have for other moves is appreciated
When I was new to pokemon, after looking at Lopunny's stats I immediately chucked it into the "Horrible Pokemon" bin. But since I entered the world of EV training and Competitive battling, I looked at lopunny's stats in a different light.
There's no reason to use this over... anything, really. Even with EVs weighed in Lopunny is still a horrendous Pokémon without a Lopunnite. It holds no niche over any other Pokémon and has no real damage output.

A mega lopunny with no EVs invested and a negative nature has the exact same damage output as a CB 252 attack evs + adamant normal lopunny (you're sets have no natures to them, so I'd assume you're running klutz, which ignores CB). That goes to show that normal lopunny hits like a wet paper towel, and it's just 100% no questions asked outclassed by pretty much every physical attacker in the tier.

0- Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 252 HP / 104+ Def Mew: 106-126 (26.2 - 31.1%) -- 9.4% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Lopunny Return vs. 252 HP / 104+ Def Mew: 106-126 (26.2 - 31.1%) -- 9.4% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
(once again, klutz ignores choice band. that is unless you are going to run cute charm lopunny lol)

If you want like extremely hard to use normal Lopunny the only decent not horrible set that I can think of is Assault vest Switchero, it lets you make some walls dead weight by Switching them the Assault vest, like a permanent Taunt. But things like Defensive Landorus-T and Heatran can still do they job (they just lose rocks and Leftorvers) and get benefit form the Item, also you can't do this with defensive Megas like Megabro or Sableye, plus Gothitelle is Always a better option to deal with Stall. I will leave the set here anyways.

Lopunny (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Klutz
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe or 252 Hp / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Switcheroo
- Encore / Agility / Power Up punch / Return
- Encore / Baton pass / Thunder wave
- Encore / Return / Heal bell / Whatever

Its fun to use but dont use it in a serious team, its just not worth it.

And agian, sorry for the bad grammar e_e

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I guess that lopunny is pretty crap without it's mega, but I don't really like using megas as it just feels like using a powerful pokemon without being able to give it other items.
A mega lopunny with no EVs invested and a negative nature has the exact same damage output as a CB 252 attack evs + adamant normal lopunny (you're sets have no natures to them, so I'd assume you're running klutz, which ignores CB). That goes to show that normal lopunny hits like a wet paper towel, and it's just 100% no questions asked outclassed by pretty much every physical attacker in the tier.

0- Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 252 HP / 104+ Def Mew: 106-126 (26.2 - 31.1%) -- 9.4% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Lopunny Return vs. 252 HP / 104+ Def Mew: 106-126 (26.2 - 31.1%) -- 9.4% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
(once again, klutz ignores choice band. that is unless you are going to run cute charm lopunny lol)
Well I wouldn't run klutz if it ignored the atk boost, I would run limber probably. And I am very aware that mega lopunny is better in every way, not arguing against that, it's just sometimes more interesting to use pokemon without their megas all the time. I used to run a mega gengar, but it felt boring, it was like regular gengar but more power. So I ran a focus sash kamikaze gengar and it felt a lot more interesting.

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
No normal lopunny is extremely unviable, and mega gengar is extremely different from gengar.

No normal lopunny is extremely unviable, and mega gengar is extremely different from gengar.
Well yeah I know regular lopunny sucks, I just got a random thought in my head about running a choice banded lopunny, and I wondered how people would react when I expressed my thought. I knew it was practically guaranteed that people would say "omg regular lopunny sux just use mega way better". Anyway, I did end up trying out this set and it worked better than I expected. Well, it didn't really kick ass but it still did craploads of damage. I ran Ice punch on it to provide it with some coverage so it could counter pesky set up dragons like dragonite. Still, I knew mega lopunny was superior in every way so obviously still no good. One plus is that it doesn't take up a mega slot.

If regular lopunny could learn a reliable recovery move like wish, recover or something like so would it be any better? It can learn cosmic power through breeding and it's defensive stats are definitely capable of tanking stuff if boosted. Just another thought.

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
freddymc It wouldn't become any better in comparison to Mega-Lopunny, and wouldn't become appreciably better in a vacuum either. M-Lop, like any frail mon, doesn't get as much out of recovery as a bulkier one, but being able to come back from a HJK miss on a turn when you scare something out could be useful. Base form doesn't even really have that going for it because its High Jump Kick is pretty weak without STAB or some semblance of a usable Attack stat, and it just doesn't have the raw stats to play a defensive role. Cosmic Power can't salvage that, and is actually a pretty terrible move in general. (Getting to the point where you might actually be able to wall things is pretty slow, and a single crit would ruin everything. Even Clefable, which has considerably more natural bulk than Lopunny and a better defensive typing, doesn't want Cosmic Power on any of its sets.) In general, Lopunny's problem does not lie with its movepool at all - it just has terrible stats overall, and it'd take more than adding Recover to make it halfway decent in comparison to its Mega or any other competitively viable mon.

And another note: Just because people are using tons of Lopunny in OU "just for the mega form," you don't have to invent some different set just to capitalize off that.

And another note: Just because people are using tons of Lopunny in OU "just for the mega form," you don't have to invent some different set just to capitalize off that.
Seconding that. People have tried this with every other Mega but historically it hasn't worked out. All the CHoice Specs Zards and Crit Absol come to mind. If it wasn't viable before, it won't change even as a set to fake people out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)