Ludicolo (SD) +

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ludicolo , http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/ludicolo

[SET]
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Waterfall
move 3: Seed Bomb
move 4: Ice Punch
item: Life Orb / Leftovers
ability: Swift Swim
nature: Adamant
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Physical Ludicolo is bound to take your opponent off guard, expecting a purely special version or SubSeeder. With Ludicolo's great typing, it can easily come in on a wide variety of threats and force them out, netting Ludicolo a free Swords Dance. From there, Ludicolo can sweep with boosted Seed Bombs and Waterfalls. Ice Punch is included on this set to counter bulky Grass Pokemon and Dragons.</p>

<p>This set is best used on a Rain Dance team where Swift Swim will allow Ludicolo to outrun almost everything, aiding in its sweep. It should be noted that this set also works fabulously in ubers. With the omnipotence of Kyogre, Ludicolo can be supplied with infinite rain and can abuse this to its full potential.</p>

<p>Rain Dance can be used over Ice Punch if you want to activate Swift Swim yourself, but Salamence and Celebi switch in for free then.</p>

<p>Life Orb is the preferred option since Ludicolo's Attack stat isn't the most impressive, but Leftovers can be used for greater survivability.</p>

Ludicolo , http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/ludicolo

[SET]
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Waterfall
move 3: Seed Bomb
move 4: Ice Punch
item: Life Orb / Leftovers
ability: Swift Swim
nature: Adamant
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Physical Ludicolo is bound to take your opponent off guard, expecting a purely special version or SubSeeder. With Ludicolo's great typing, it can easily come in on a wide variety of threats and force them out, netting Ludicolo a free Sword Dance. From there, Ludicolo can sweep with boosted Seed Bombs and Waterfalls. Ice Punch is included on this set to counter bulky Grass Pokemon and Dragons.</p>

<p>This set is best used on a Rain Dance team where Swift Swim will allow Ludicolo to outrun almost everything, aiding in its sweep. It should be noted that this set also works fabulously in ubers. With the omnipotence of Kyogre, Ludicolo can be supplied with infinite rain and can abuse this to its full potential.</p>

<p>Life Orb is the preferred option since Ludicolo's Attack stat isn't the most impressive, but Leftovers can be used for greater survivability.</p>

Me and Goodbar used a spread like:
70 Hp 252 Attk 188 speed
Jolly @ Lum Berry/Life Orb

There were some use why we run that speed, but since I don't remember the if this was mostly for outspeed something out of the rain, I'll list some advantage to run a Jolly nature:

• 188 evs hit 490 speed, outspeeding the old gyarados, (adamant, 184 evs) out the rain, Outspeed stuff like Neutral speed nature, scarfed, base 110 speed in rain. I see no point to run this speed now, because...
  • 196 Evs allow you to outspeed even Neutral speed Nature, scarfed, base 115 speed in rain, while still beating the stuff outspeeded with 188 evs.
  • 208 evs hit 500 speed (outspeed Jolly scarf chomp in rain, and kill it with Ice punch)
  • 216 evs allow you to outspeed Deoxys-S in rain.
  • 252 Evs: Beat Neutral nature, Base 80/81 speed (Max speed adamant gyarados) out of the rain, IT DOESN'T TIE with Scarfed + nature Base 110 speed 524 speed vs 525 :(
All the evs remeaning should be put into HP to ensure a little more durability.
About the moveset... we used T-Punch to smash Gyarados too, I think it deverve a mention, Electric/Ice still provide a good coverage...

About the item... using jolly you loose a bit of power, so, it's raccomanded to use Life Orb, still, lum berry is nice for avoid a T-wave/W-o-W, that'll ruin your days.

well, a set like this i think would be bomb in ubers, since it would hit all the specially orientated pokemon harder. Think of all the shit one of those moves anihilates after swords dance. I tried a double dancing set like this without a life orb and it did over 90% to Blissey.

well, a set like this i think would be bomb in ubers, since it would hit all the specially orientated pokemon harder. Think of all the shit one of those moves anihilates after swords dance. I tried a double dancing set like this without a life orb and it did over 90% to Blissey.
Jolly or adamant raikou?
BTW, this is why I suggested Lum berry, (still, I'm talking about OU here) blissey was a common switch-in for ludicolo, unless they realize that It is a phisical one, and if you have an un-boosted ludicolo, that is your chance to set-up, while they attemp to paralize/toxic you.

I think Rain Dance should be an option over Ice Punch. It's still rather bulky so it's a good candidate to set that up; have tested it myself. I used it with a Damp Rock but it appears to be clogged up enough with item choices as it is. It loses coverage on Grass types, but on Rain teams there are usually plenty of Ice Beams to help out with those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)