Ludo's Gallery

Well, not much of a gallery to start with - most of my stuff I have scanned in to my laptop is non pokemon based, but I'm really interested in pokemon fanart where the pokemon are depicted in human forms, called gijinka?

Anyway, here's a milotic mermaid I've started. It's not quite finished yet - originally pencil and watercolours, then messed about with a very basic edit program to get the swirls. I think I'll probably go back and add more detail by hand:

Nice to see some traditional art here. I particularly like the regal look you gave the Milady. Do you like Mucha?

One thing maybe I could suggest is perhaps to diversify the size, pattern and placement of the swirls around her? Right now it's very uniform and evens out the picture unnecessarily

Thanks, yes - I love Mucha and also other art deco illustrators like Georges Barbier. It's traditional all the way for me, I love computer generated art and photo manipulations, but I wouldn't have a clue where to start myself :)

I agree on the swirls. Fortunately the original is still without swirls, I just did them on the copy I scanned on to my laptop. I think I might add some more background and then just swirl certain parts of the water.

Bought some plain white canvas shoes for my son which were pretty boring, so I've been painting them for him. Finished the left foot today...

Thanks guys <3

I put the pics on my fb profile too and have had quite a few requests - may have to get an etsy account or something!

Those shoes are totally frickin kickass.

But kids destroy things o.o how you gonna keep them in good condition?

Hahaa!! Yep, pretty much :D

Thanks for the comments <3

I've got some acryllic varnish that I've used to waterproof them, that should keep them going a little longer - but you know, these things aren't made to last, I'm cool with it.

Made a t shirt this weekend, yes I am totally taking over my son's entire wardrobe with Pokemon! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)