A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
- Great bulk with Eviolite.
- Unique No Guard + DynamicPunch combo gives it an uncontested niche.
- Also has access to Ice Punch and RestTalk, quite useful for Gligar and other Flying-types, as well as all the status being flung around.
- Base 100 attack is fairly good, but low by RU Fighting-type standards.
- More potent defensive capabilities than Gurrdurr and possibly Hariyama, as it can recover and absorb status reliably, and free turns from confusion augment its longevity.
move 1: Rest
move 2: Sleep Talk
move 3: DynamicPunch
move 4: Ice Punch / Payback
ability: No Guard
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
- Quite bulky, can fill a defensive role.
- Not walled by Gligar, but is instead walled by Slowking, who resists DynaPunch, Ice Punch, and takes reduced damage from Payback due to lower speed.
- Alternate spread with more Special Defense (still runs max Attack)
- Pairs well with Klinklang, Moxie SubRoost Honchkrow, and other sweepers that are checked by Steel-types.
- Works great in defensive cores, even bulky offense ones. Covers Bug, Rock and Dark weaknesses really well. Sharpedo, Crawdaunt, Moltres, Scyther (and other flying Bugs), and Haunter, for example, appreciate Machoke.
- None. Maybe a different secondary attack instead of Ice Punch or Payback, such as Rock Slide.
- Flying- or Psychic-types such as Honchkrow, Kadabra, Moltres, and Exeggutor can outspeed and threaten with powerful attacks, but may not be able to achieve a KO, and are confused or KOed in return. Somewhat hard to counter reliably because of this factor.
- Dunknoir and Cofarigus are immune to Machoke's best asset.
- Taunters that can block RestTalk, hsve the bulk to take Punches, and can 2 or 3HKO Machoke, such as Gligar (bar Ice Punch) and Qwilfish.
- Poison types; Qwilfish, Golbat, and Amoonguss.