Magic the Gathering thread

Does anyone have input for a T1.5 Madness decklist. I want it to be U/G.

This is what I got so far,.

Creatures
4x Arrogant Wurm
4x Wild Mongrel
4x Aquamoeba
4x Basking Rootwalla
3x Wonder

Spells
4x Brainstorm
2x Deep Analysis
4x Roar of the Wurm
1x Intuition

Land
4x Yavimaya Coast
4x Breeding Pool
like, 8 islands, 6 forests or something

It is very incomplete, can anyone add stuff I might have forgotten, or rate it, fix the land up. Just help me out, it would be much appreciated.

Is the deck just for casual, or are you planning to play it in an actual event? If the latter, then I would like you warn you that Counterbalance and Tarmogoyf are unfortunately in your future. =\

Otherwise it seems fine.

I have been testing on MWS, and it beats counterbalance, and I am buying a set of goyfs from a really close friend 20 bucks a pop.

so yeah it has been doing fine so far.

I just had a quick look around workstation and i didn't understand any of it.
I would play magic if their was a free version almost without having to play for virtual cards

It really easy, but the thing its that you have to assign the database when you run the main workstation program, there it's a tutorial in the MWS page, just follow it, to play online u have to connect to a server, trust me, its easy to do, you just have to be a little patient and take the time to read, i had troubles too the first time i tried workstation, but its a really amazing program, and the good thing its that its not only limited to magic, you can also play other games just by connecting to the right server and having the correct card database, its worth the effort.

P.S. : it's free XD

Lately i haven't been in workstation, but i will probably have some time during vacations my name on workstation it's usually maku or goldemblem, you can play with other people anyway, just be sure to join the correct server, and beware some guys who like to trash on new players

i managed to find out how to use it, really happy then nobody online for me to play. Was i on the wrong server if so what one should i try?

Do most people play casual or is it all tourney decks would you say? Having a program like this just to make a dredge deck would kinda take the fun out of it.

Does anyone have input for a T1.5 Madness decklist. I want it to be U/G.

This is what I got so far,.

Creatures
4x Arrogant Wurm
4x Wild Mongrel
4x Aquamoeba
4x Basking Rootwalla
3x Wonder

Spells
4x Brainstorm
2x Deep Analysis
4x Roar of the Wurm
1x Intuition

Land
4x Yavimaya Coast
4x Breeding Pool
like, 8 islands, 6 forests or something

It is very incomplete, can anyone add stuff I might have forgotten, or rate it, fix the land up. Just help me out, it would be much appreciated.
Your decklist really needs to make room for some Lion's Eye Diamonds. In Legacy, they give madness enough speed to make it more competitive against well-refined lists. You are running too much land. Try like 2 Breeding Pool, 4 Tropical Island, 8 Fetches, (whatever kind you like, just make sure they can get either a island or a forest) 3 Island, and 2 Forest. If you don't have enough money, downgrade the duals into basics. Legacy is an extremely fast format, you need to come out of the gates swinging. LED (Lion's Eye Diamond) will allow you to get some almost reanimator style draws with land, LED, roar, and a wonder. It just really speeds the deck up a lot.

Second, you need counterspells. The deck can come out and blitz somewhat, but it won't be winning any awards for speed in Legacy. If you want to win games, you are going to need counters to hold people off long enough for your guys to finish the job. Circular Logic and Daze are always strong choices in Madness, and FoW (Force of Will) is a strong choice almost all of the time.

Intuition seems clunky and unnecessary. I don't think you need that many Wonders, and with LED, you can cut the number of Aquamoebas down. I think 4 Roar of the Wurm is a bit overkill, so I would cut it to three. And, as has already been stated, Tarmogoyf just wins games. Here would be a starting point from me:

4 Wild Mongrel
2 Aquamoeba
4 Basking Rootwalla
4 Arrogant Wurm
3 Wonder
4 Tarmogoyf

4 Brainstorm
2 Deep Analysis
4 Lion's Eye Diamond
3 Roar of the Wurm
4 Daze
3 Circular Logic

4 Tropical Island
2 Breeding Pool
4 Flooded Strand
4 Windswept Heath
3 Island
2 Forest

The list is pretty tight, but it is a decent starting point. Might be a bit light on the control to deal with the heavy combo running around right now.

To be honest, if you want to play Madness, that is great, but I don't see it doing anything better than any Threshold variation already does. It feels limited by deck space, I couldn't really get everything I wanted in the list. That being said, you will likely play better with something if you enjoy playing it. Just don't let it become a pet deck.

I used to play a lot of Magic back in the days. I started of around Mercadian Masques, and played competitively until the Timeshift-stuff came out. Always type 1, since there are so many proxy 10 tournaments in type 1 in Sweden.

Always fancied blue, especially paired up with white and/or green.

I've never won a tourney, although I've finished T4 on several occations.

Magic is good fun when I have the time. I still have my old WUG Aggro-Control (Fish-like but with cantrips and threshold creatures) sleeved up and I play every once in a while with my brother and my friends.

Does anybody know what the type 1 metagame looks like nowdays? When I quit, everyone played TPS (or any other Tendrils combo) and Stax.

same as italy metagame's of some years ago (when I quit)
sadly, on italy t1 proxy wasn't common... stupid people who spent x000€ for p9 in italy are many and many... and they opposed to proxy t1 tournament, I wonder if things are changed now...
Anyway, italy was the home of tendrills deck :P koboldo tendrills, tps, ugb psycoatog tendrills O-o''' and another one, that I used to play on MWS, but that I've forgot the name... shit... another Storm based deck anyway, with 0 CC creatures only... similar to the koboldos, but black based.
Also stax, Wu-Tang (my t1 deck) and some classic welder deck was really used

same as italy metagame's of some years ago (when I quit)
sadly, on italy t1 proxy wasn't common... stupid people who spent x000€ for p9 in italy are many and many... and they opposed to proxy t1 tournament, I wonder if things are changed now...
Anyway, italy was the home of tendrills deck :P koboldo tendrills, tps, ugb psycoatog tendrills O-o''' and another one, that I used to play on MWS, but that I've forgot the name... shit... another Storm based deck anyway, with 0 CC creatures only... similar to the koboldos, but black based.
Also stax, Wu-Tang (my t1 deck) and some classic welder deck was really used
Yeah I forgot to mention all the Workshop/Welder based decks that ran rampant in T1 when I used to play. I've StP:ed so many Welders in my days, it's not even funny. :)

I consider better to ply T1, you only have to pay a lot of money for some good cards instead of paying moderate money for more cards in otrder to play extended or standard

I've picked up the game in the last six or so months, around the time of Alara Reborn. Looking to build a competitive standard deck once the post Lorwyn metagame sorts itself out and I have some extra time with school finishing. Things like Lotus Cobra and Baneslayer Angel worry me though, theres no way I can afford cards that go for $30US each.

I'm really enjoying Zendikar, especially drafting it. Made a nice red/black number the other night and got my best result so far.

dammit I've lost the game :D
All the new expansion are missed to me, maybe that is a good thing considering how addicting the game can be.

Some game breaking black card went out recently maybe?

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
We drafted Zendikar at school Friday night and pulled an Ancestral Recall from one of the packs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)