Magic: The Gathering

I'm kinda surprised that there isn't a thread for this already.

So I recently got interested in Magic again, and went to my first FNM draft (all 3 sets were Rise of the Eldrazi). It was quite fun (there's a surprising amount of strategizing during combat), even if I did lose horribly. If Standard was less expensive to get into, I'd get into it too, but I don't really have enough standard-legal cards to make a good deck out of.

Anyone play Magic here (particularly booster draft)? Apologies if there's another thread and I didn't see it or something.

Used to play every week at FNM and regularly with friends, sort of stopped before heading into high school. My best finish was 2nd at FNM, but I did go to a draft/release thing back in the Kamigawa days. Yeah... LOVE MTG.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I would like to do some RoE drafting but the only two reasonably close locations for FNM are only doing Standard constructed for like the next month. -_- Standard is too expensive for me to do anything other than draft, which is all I did through the school year with friends at school.

I started to get into MTG around my 6th grade year. It's been off and on since.

The last time I went to a booster draft was back in Kamigawa. I have no clue what sets have been out since then. I remember that my brother got both Akroma and that one black card rare that destroyed everything that attacked/blocked it. Yay for poaching.

My friends and I got into it again a few years back, but everybody who liked to play it is off and away at college/whatever. I still play it against my brother some times, but I haven't in months.

I have a few decks, all containing a very jumbled assortment of sets. My best deck is a multicolor deck (all colors) , and my favorite deck is my green one, which utilizes straight-through damage and power ups.

I'm not very good at MTG, but it's fun and what not.

I played magic all my childhood, but then stopped around grade 6, I started again a few years ago, and got into real competitive magic and went to FNM regularily with my cousin. I never did very well because I loved to play kinda weird and unconventional decks, always green or green split.

I stopped because I'm poor and standard is expensive as hell

I've been playing Sealed and Draft for a while now, but due to my local FNM being hosted in a pub, I can't play it (18+ only, I'm 15), so I have to make do with pre-releases and casual games with a couple of friends. I've been out of the swing of things lately, but I do use Magic Workstation to play the odd game now and then.

I've got back into MtG a few months ago, a bit before Zendikar was released. Tbh I was quite disappointed with RoE, but maybe it's because I don't like overpowered shit like the Eldrazi. They should've just flowed on with the land stuff imo.

Currently making a BR Zombie deck. Fun stuff.

I started at Shards of Alara and ended at Worldwake. My friends and I bought every box between those sets, inclusive, and drafted it all. It was ridiculously fun.

There's a point, though, where (like all TCGs) Constructed becomes entirely about the deck matchup rather than how you play out the game. Yes, I know, Magic is inherently a more complex game than, say, the Pokemon TCG. But it still has the flaws that every TCG will have, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)