Marvel v Capcom 3 discussion

Zero has pretty good range and awesome combos and he's a pretty quick Character being able to use his Sword, Buster, and other moves he learns in the X series. I think he could be a possible candidate for your team. Try training with the characters everyone suggested and then when you're ready either try them team out on Arcade on a hard difficulty level or go straight to online and see how everything fares off. :)

I personally love Zero ever since TvsC and bringing him to MvC3 was the best thing they could have ever done =].

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
well, Zero didnt change much if at all apart from his lvl 3 hyper which is more usefull I suppose.

Myself I've been on a winning streak ever since I ditched Wesker for Arthur

Fire Bottle assist is so lol its not even funny and I have dormammu with purification so we keep out the jumpers. Spencer does the rest basically, although his assists are ass as they dont reel in :( Bionic Launcher it is to keep away some people.

Arthur really is god against people spamming the life out of projectiles when they shouldnt

Haha Eiganjo I use the same characters and assists, except with Taskmaster instead of Spencer. His H. Shot covers a bit more horizontal range than Arthur's Fire Bottle.

So I played some MvC3 for the first time this weekend with my buddies...

Christ, I feel like you need to be a fucking Rain Man autistic savant to be good at this game. Either that or I just suck inherently, which could very well be true :x I just can't wrap my mind around any of the combos. I even got dumped on using Simple Mode controls. The only time I was able to win was with Dante, who strikes me as kind of broken.

I think I'll just stick to noob-friendly SSB D:

I think just about anyone can do it, you just need to get over the "holy shit holy shit holy shit what is happening" factor. Eventually things start to make sense, just by putting a little time into it. I wouldn't be surprised if this game were ultimately much less execution-heavy than SSBM, though you might be talking about Brawl instead so whatever.

Right now I'm loving Dormammu to death. Haven't played many actual matches with him, but the way his moves work and stuff is just awesome. Also looking at Wesker and Ameterasu, and maybe Zero or Arthur... like 100% of the cast is still interesting to me.

thanks guys! turns out Doctor Doom is a perfect fit for my team, and i've ditched Ammy for Morrigan. now i'm actually able to get to level 5 without losing either of them, which opens up some pretty sick possibilities.

Borderline advertising here, but for anybody in the market for a stick, the Tekken 6 Limited Edition for 360 (which includes the Hori stick that I use) is only $30 at bestbuy.com. Must use Store Pickup, and only applicable in the US. That's a great price for a good stick :x Doesn't look like they have a similar offer for PS3, sorry.

My current lineup is X-23/Dante/Chris. Similar to TaiCrunch I ended up liking X-23 during the Weapon-X achievement. She's fast and her combo's are fluid. Dante is just insane, don't really have to explain anything with him. He's my answer to characters like Arthur and Dormammu. His Jam Session is also a fantastic assist, I spam that to no end. Chris is my ranged character of choice, his submachine gun racks up awesome chip damage while his magnum punishes rushing. He compliments X-23 quite well.

In other news, I've completed about 30% of the missions so far. On average I get to Mission 6 or 7 before I switch characters because that's where it gets tricky. I can't really string together Air H into a standing combo, even if I mash the button it resets the combo before I swing after landing :/ I'm starting to get the hang of the DP movement though, but I still can't do it in a pinch (ie Wesker's uppercut counter).

Oh and I find myself pulling off Team Aerial Combo at every opportunity, I really should cut back on that.

Zero is good, but I just feel he's outclassed by Super Skrull. Skrull is loads more bulky, and has similar insane damage output. You wanna do air combo into Zero's hyper? You can do that too with Skrull's Tenderzier > Skrull Torch OTG. Skrull also doesn't get zoned with projectiles with his meteor smash move, which combos straight into a hyper. Let's not forget his command grab either...

Got some games in against Kristoph. I'm not sure on the record because there was another person in the lobby at the time but I think it was like 2-6 in Kristoph's favor. Good games, your Dormammu is sick.

Got some games in against CaptainKishimoto. He seemed to have the edge as far as advanced techniques and combos were concerned but through the strongth of Chris's flamethrower I prevailed 4-3. Good games, your Dante is nasty. (He KOd my Wolverine before I could even blink one match. Though that was one of the matches I won, oddly enough.)

Yeah good games, I was amused at how popular Ammy seemed to be in the room. She seems to have some good potential, but she's also surprisingly easy to pick up, I think.

Dormammu is way interesting, but I still need to get used to his weird, bad mobility. Fortunately that isn't really a big deal when I'm shooting shit from across the screen.

Anybody else on PSN who wants to get some games in at some point, feel free to add me (Thiediev).

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
so i added a bunch of you yesterday to my psn thingy (which took a really long time to figure out, friend codes are so much easier), but umm, how do you get to play with other people?

Eiganjo

so i added a bunch of you yesterday to my psn thingy (which took a really long time to figure out, friend codes are so much easier), but umm, how do you get to play with other people?

basically create lobby with private slots if you want to
from there you can invite people to join your game, called Invite friend or something like that. from there, proceed :P

Got some games in against Kristoph. I'm not sure on the record because there was another person in the lobby at the time but I think it was like 2-6 in Kristoph's favor. Good games, your Dormammu is sick.

Got some games in against CaptainKishimoto. He seemed to have the edge as far as advanced techniques and combos were concerned but through the strongth of Chris's flamethrower I prevailed 4-3. Good games, your Dante is nasty. (He KOd my Wolverine before I could even blink one match. Though that was one of the matches I won, oddly enough.)
I'm surprised I even won more than 1 game, I fucked up my combos big time. I also have to work on calling my assists in safely (you caught ALOT of my assists).

Eiganjo

hmm, currently trying to get my last mission done for Spencer, although I dont seem to be getting the timing right from Air Special right into the normal relaunch special so I extend my aircombo, other ones go fine basically its just that last tricky one I need to get done and go over to dormammu mission 7 or arthur's missions

So I've decided to use Ammy and Super Skrull and I have to say, it was my best decision EVER! I almost never use a team without having Ammy out first with her B or Y assist. Super Skrull is just too awesome. I'm slowly starting to get into Arthur a bit more but I haven't quite yet as I'm so used to air dashing and such. Spencer hasn't been on my to-try list yet but I'm thinking of considering him since I've seen what he's capable of due to an online match against my friend.

By the end of this week, I should have some pretty great teams ready to put in my Reserve Unit to use for online play. :)

You know who I'm liking? Wolverine. Works really well on an Arthur/Sent team with 50/50 mixups and does great damage (640k with 1 bar and will usually land on the other side of the opponent for a reset after the FC).

Oh Wolverine, how I love thee.

i've been looking at videos of this game (thanks guys who posted those a few posts back) and am really thinking about getting it when I go home after this semester. A kinda big question though... is the game as difficult as it seems? I have basically no experience with this type of game (as in, lots of buttons to press, as opposed to the SSB series which I have played) and don't want to play it for like a day and decide it's too difficult lol

In terms of fighting games, it's very easy to pick up and play. You can start out with Light, Medium, Hard, Special and you have a combo (although this doesn't apply to all characters). The main thing that makes MvC3 'complex' is creating your own combos (since the one mentioned isn't really the best in terms of damage). I highly suggest you play a few games before you buy it (since you said you no experience with fighting games, and they aren't the easiest games to like).

Good games CaptainKishimoto, not sure what happened at the end there but yeah. That was actually probably the best connection I've experienced in this game so far (I'm pretty disappointed with the netcode overall though, but oh well).

First time I've played a decent Chun Li. You pretty much slaughtered me in some of those games, but then I got level 3 X-factor Dormammu, who is pretty much an asshole. >_> Oh and the X-23 was quite nice as well.

Sadly my Zero is kind of trash at the moment. He's weirdly sluggish, I guess I need to figure out his teleport... things.

porygon3 said:
i've been looking at videos of this game (thanks guys who posted those a few posts back) and am really thinking about getting it when I go home after this semester. A kinda big question though... is the game as difficult as it seems? I have basically no experience with this type of game (as in, lots of buttons to press, as opposed to the SSB series which I have played) and don't want to play it for like a day and decide it's too difficult lol
I almost liken this game to SSBM in a way. The characters are all really easy and fun to use on a basic sort of level (I guess you do have to press more buttons, though, which might be a problem on pad sometimes?). If you want to get good, you'll obviously need to put a lot more time into it, but the same was true of Melee.

Ya sorry about that, I think my internet went down for like 5 mins (sometimes it does that =[). I played so horribly with my Dante/Amaterasu/Doctor Doom team (dropped combos, called in dumbass assists), but ya I had fun with my other team lol. That first game kinda pissed me off since I could've won if I did the Morrigan air super (or anything that didn't really involve spamming super for chip). I hate your Dormammu, most annoying thing I've played against so far. =3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)