Marvel v Capcom 3 discussion

Akuma (and in the same respect, Seth) is far from broken in SSF4. Phoenix, with her healing and keepaway, has the potential to be broken, which is why they gave her such low health. That pretty much does mean she's balanced.

Akuma (and in the same respect, Seth) is far from broken in SSF4. Phoenix, with her healing and keepaway, has the potential to be broken, which is why they gave her such low health. That pretty much does mean she's balanced.
I am not talking about SS4 Akuma.

No it doesn't really mean she is balanced. If her keepaway game is godly enough her pitiful health won't end up mattering at all. Nu 13 had a similar low health/great zoning combination in Blazblue and she was a broken mess in the first game.

Again I am not saying this is the case with Phoenix. Having cons does not guarantee that a character will be balanced if their pros far outweigh their cons.

Low health/great zoning is much more balanced in MvC thanks to random assist spam and crazy specials. Which is great. All things considered I'm really looking forward to trying her out.

It was just a translation, so Niitsuma probably just meant "more diverse." I don't know why Keits didn't make that obvious in the title itself, but whatever.

Nu 13 had a similar low health/great zoning combination in Blazblue and she was a broken mess in the first game.
Please don't talk about the shitfest that was BBCT. Please.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jan/25/arthur-was-most-difficult-mvc3-character-balance/

yeah the whole purposely unbalanced thing stuck me as a bit odd, especially when it came after this article.
It's Marvel, the fuck do you expect? Balance? The game won't be a Marvel game if some shit doesn't end up ridiculously broken and fun.

some of you probably already know, but GameStop is offering a 25% trade-in bonus if you put it toward MvC3 or Killzone 3.

SRK is having server problems a la when SF4 came out. It's getting really annoying.

I'm very late on this, but I find it awesome that Viper can feint her TKs after she hits them. Maybe it'll compensate for the fact that TKs don't seem very good in Marvel?

"Shadow Mode" has been revealed as future DLC, it's pretty interesting but I don't think I'd buy it, I'll just stick to online myself.

http://uk.gamespot.com/special_feature/most-anticipated-2011/day-4/index.html?page=3

Today, we're revealing Marvel vs. Capcom 3's Shadow Mode, which you can see in the screenshots above. Shadow Mode is downloadable content that will let you face off against a team of AI opponents modeled after the habits and tendencies of Capcom's development staff and, according to Capcom, famous players from the fighting game scene. The first Shadow Mode pack will include teams and AI from three Capcom staff members, including producer Ryota Niitsuma, associate producer Akihito Kadowaki, and a QA tester. Additionally, the first pack is scheduled for release in March with more packs becoming available for download at a later date. If you ever wanted to say you beat the producer of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 at his own game, this is your best shot.

paying extra money to get my ass completely handed to me by a Justin Wong robot? no thanks, i'll think i'll stick to being mediocre online.

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
indeed he does =) i also like the cosmic doom/wesker/dormammu/akuma sub-boss, its a cool idea to fight two at once

wow, it's good to finally see somebody doing more than the one Dante combo we've been seeing. and Wesker looks ridiculous in the corner. i'll definitely be using him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)