Maxim vs Toon: The Test Part 1

The trainer Toon walked into a room, dimly lit by the sunlight filtering through the windows. He waits for a minute for something to happen, and is about to leave the room when a man comes in.

"Ah, thanks for showing up on such short notice. This is as you may have surmised the Normal Gym, though we've disabled the effects for the time being. While I'm waiting for Maxim to come back, I've decided to run some experiments, tests if you will, to find out about the Normal type. Well, that and I need to train some imports from Alola that he sent in, I guess he must've stopped over there before headed to Uno---never mind. I assure you he's just on a business trip, and not currently suffering from ragequit status.

A-Anyways, let's get this started hmm?"

Rules said:
2v2 Babysitter Singles
1 Day DQ
Infinite Chills/Recoveries
2 Subs
Training Items
Switch=OK
All Abilities
ASB Arena
Maxim:
Drampa:

Drampa [Dean] (M)
Nature: Quiet (+1 SpA, Speed ÷ 1.15, -10% Evasion)

Type:
Normal/Dragon

Abilities:
Berserk/Sap Sipper/Cloud Nine (H)

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 6 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 31 (-) [36/1.15]
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 5
Base Rank Total: 18

MC: 0
AC: 0/5

Attacks (18/70):
Level Up:
Dragon Rage
Echoed Voice
Glare
Light Screen
Natural Gift
Play Nice
Protect
Twister

Egg:
Dragon Rush
Hurricane
Mist
Play Rough
Razor Wind

Tutor:

TM:
Flamethrower
Ice Beam
Substitute
Thunderbolt
Toxic

Stufful:

Stufful [Lt. Teddy] (M)
Nature: Careful (+1 SpD, -1 SpA)

Type:
Normal/Fighting

Abilities:
Fluffy/Klutz/Unnerve (H)

Stats:

Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 50
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 0/6
AC: 0/5

Attacks (17/55):
Level Up:
Baby-Doll Eyes
Bide
Brutal Swing
Flail
Leer
Payback
Tackle

Egg:
Endure
Ice Punch
Stomping Tantrum
Thunder Punch
Wide Guard

Tutor:

TM:
Brick Break
Protect
Substitute
Taunt
Toxic

Toon:

Pyroak [♀] Tiki
Nature: Brave (+1 Atk, Speed ÷ 1.15, -10% Evasion)
Type:

Abilities: Rock Head/Battle Armor/Chlorophyll
Stats:
HP:
Atk: 4 (+)
Def: 4
SpA: 3
SpD: 3
Spe: 52 (-) (-10% Evasion)
Size Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 20
EC: 9/9
MC: 36
AC: 5/5

Attacks

Bullet Seed
Counter
Double-Edge
Flame Wheel
Flare Blitz
Heat Crash
Leafage
Low Kick
Low Sweep
Petal Blizzard
Sand Tomb
Seed Bomb
Wood Hammer

Absorb
Earth Power
Ember
Fire Blast
Fire Spin
Flame Burst
Giga Drain
Grass Knot
Heat Wave
Lava Plume
Petal Dance
Solar Beam
Zap Cannon

Block
Grassy Terrain
Grass Whistle
Growth
Endure
Iron Defense
Leech Seed
Protect
Sleep Talk
Stealth Rock
Sweet Scent
Synthesis
Worry Seed

39|90 Moves

Timburr (Auron) (M)
Type:
Fighting: Ignore weight restrictions on Circle Throw, Seismic Toss, Sky Drop, Storm Throw, Submission, and Vital Throw.

Abilities:
Guts: This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.

Sheer Force: At default this Pokemon can energize all its attacks with a secondary effect (These are damaging moves that either lower the target's stats, raise the user's stats, or inflict a status condition on the target). The Base Attack Power of every move with a secondary effect increases by two (2), but they will never have their usual secondary effect. When toggled, no effect.

Iron Fist (H): The Base Attack Power of this Pokemon's "Punch" attacks is increased by two (2). (Known attacks affected: Bullet Punch, Comet Punch, Dizzy Punch, Drain Punch, Dynamic Punch, Fire Punch, Focus Punch, Hammer Arm, Ice Punch, Mach Punch, Mega Punch, Meteor Mash, Shadow Punch, Sky Uppercut, Thunder Punch, Power-Up Punch)

Nature: Adamant: - Spatk, +Atk
Def: 2
SpA: 0 (-)
SpD: 2
Spe: 35
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 0/9
AC: 5/5 (Unlocked)

Moves:

Level-Up:
Pound
Leer
Focus Energy
Bide
Low Kick
Rock Throw
Wake-Up Slap
Chip Away

Egg Moves:
Counter
Endure
Mach Punch
Wide Guard
Reversal

TM Moves:
Rock Slide
Dig
Low Sweep
Taunt
Protect

Additional Moves
Level Up Moves:
Scary Face
Hammer Arm

Egg Moves:
Detect
Foresight

Tutor Moves:
Drain Punch
Fire Punch
Focus Punch
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Knock Off
Superpower
Block

TM Moves:
Toxic
Smack Down
Payback
Poison Jab
Power-Up Punch
Rest
Sleep Talk
Stone Edge
Substitute
Brick Break

======================================

Oh, hello there. You are probably wondering what I'm doing outside the Hoenn International Airport with a very irate looking actress and no luggage besides what we were able to stuff into some old backpacks. Then again you are probably wondering who I am at all, Maxim always seems to skip that part. I am Arthur, you may have heard of my work in Sinnoh stopping the universe from being destroyed? No? Figures, the government was always keen to hide my role in that. You see, nowadays I am employed by the International Police, working undercover in order to seek out criminals all across the world. All while performing as a stage magician for Maxim's shows.

But I think I should back up a bit. You see, my "employer" Maxim is a rather...curious individual. He was the one who stopped Team Plasma a while back during King N's big fiasco. As such he's a respected trainer, though not as famous as you might think. After defeating N, Maxim put most of his money into the stock market, which had briefly gone down after Team Plasma's attack (region ending catastrophes tend to have that sort of effect) and went on a world wide search for N, trying to talk him back to his senses. He never found the guy, but when he got back about three years later, he was astounded to realize that the stocks he had placed earlier had skyrocketed in price, and thus he found himself in a much higher tax bracket than normal. Not super wealthy, but wealthy enough to start up a business with his interest in the finer arts of life, also known as the Crescent Troupe, of which I am a part. We travel throughout the world performing various types of odd acts, with Maxim playing a few roles.

More recently, he got into the Anime Style Battling League, and managed to somehow impress enough people to get in as the Normal Gym Leader. Unfortunately, with it he's become...considerably more eccentric. Or perhaps it just magnified his already considerable eccentricities. Regardless, he ended up obsessing over winning, and revamped his arena a couple of times (his first arena actually wasn't connected to the Crescent Troupe, but after a Team Plasma member caused it to explode, he decided it would be more economical to use the theatres). Over time though, he started making more and more boneheaded plays, and due to his lack of skill and forethought, he came across a rather horrendous losing streak. Last week, he lost his mind, demanded that his opponent seek him out in New Mauville, and then left a scathing letter at the end without the gym badge. Very unprofessional.

"Hey, are we going or what?"

That girl is the aforementioned irate actress, Terra. She was the one who stopped Team Plasma's second attempt to take over the world, and is very adept at using Ground types. The two of us had decided to chase after Maxim for different reasons. To Terra, it was primarily a monetary investment. You see, she was an actress of some renown, making her way through PokeStar Studios and their B movies making a modest income. Eventually, she got a lucrative contract with a high end studio and was set to become a high end actress. However, due to some "egregiously shady contract negotiations" she ended up forced to PAY them to act in movies that were mostly limited to chick flicks and the like. This left her penniless and her career was left in shambles after one of said movies bombed. As such she was stuck living in her mother's basement until she met Maxim, who offered her a job at the Crescent Troupe. Thus far she has enjoyed the work, and wants to avoid losing it again.

As for me, I am simply in it to keep my cover identity safe. Sure I could do fine as a "traveling magician", but airplane flights are expensive, and I'd rather Maxim footed the cost. Rather miserly of me I know but it's a job.

"Yes I am coming. Are you sure you are up for this Xavier?"

On the cell phone was Xavier, the space case from Kalos that you may have heard other stories about. Xavier has agreed to stay in Hoenn while Terra and I try to find Maxim and drag him back to the gym so that we are not all facing financial ruin. Well, except Xavier I suppose. Unlike the rest of us who got zilch for saving the world, Xavier has become a virtual celebrity in Kalos, though due to his quirky nature he's not well respected outside of there. More than likely he makes most of his money doing advertisements and the like, and this is a fun little side distraction. I am actually not sure why he joined, but he joined soon after the explosion of Maxim's Origin Stadium, though an extensive background check has ensured that his appearance after that was coincidental. He has agreed to help, I suppose because he's just nice like that.

"Relax, Maxim's Pokemon and Gym will be fine with me. You can count on it! Best of luck you two."

Oh yes, I haven't explained one crucial detail. One odd thing about the Crescent Troupe is that all the members share their Pokemon in a pool. Typically one has to have permission to use another's owned Pokemon, but in this case since Maxim's mind is out to lunch and we are doing him a favor, we've decided to circumvent that in the name of pragmatism. Normally, the system works quite well (just don't trust that Dusknoir of Maxim's, trust me). Once I hear Xavier's confirmation though, I head into the airport, confident that we'll find him soon and get this whole mess over with.

This better not turn into one of those wild goose chases.

========================================
Turn order:
Maxim sends Pokemon and equips
Toon sends Pokemon and equips and orders
Maxim Orders and refs

"I don't suppose I can convince you to go with your LC first? I can't force you obviously but I'd appreciate it."

w/Lucky Egg

Toon

NOT A BUNNY!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Its a stufful, its a pet, its a StuffulPet
#Share
Timburr Hammer Arm -> Drain Punch -> Hammer Arm
IF Bide A1 THEN Counter A3
IF under the effects of P/E THEN Focus Energy First Instance, Chill Second Instance, Push back each instance

"Ooh, this'll be a good test to see if Fluffy can mitigate his Fighting weakness. Come on Lieutenant Teddy, let's go!"

"Mew! But I don't want to get hurt..."

Brick Break~Tackle~Brick Break
Team Maxim:

Lt Teddy (Stufful):
EN: 100
Item: Lucky Egg (+1 EC or AC)
Abilities: Fluffy/Klutz
Other: None

Team Toon:

Auron (Timburr):
Item: Exp. Share (+1 MC)
Abilities: Guts/Sheer Force/Iron Fist

Round 1:

The airplane ride was a rather long one, this was an international flight after all. Terra spent the whole flight rather restless, trying to find something to do. For the first couple of hours it was okay, since she could just watch a movie and some music, but then she got bored of that and started bugging me while I was using an eyemask to try and sleep.

"So, you excited to finally go back to Unova? I know I am!"

"What's so exciting about it? We've been there before, and Castelia City's nothing new. Most likely Maxim's hanging around Cafe Sonata trying to drown his sorrows again."

"What, so Castelia City isn't interesting you say? Hah, I ought to show you around some of my secret haunts."

"Eh, whatever, just let me get some sleep will you?"

Then Terra decided that pulling on my eye mask and making it slam me like a rubber band was funny.

"TERRA!!!!!"

"Hahahaha. You're such a pill."

Pre-Round:
Speed Order:
Stufful
Timburr

Dice:
Low numbers used for effects
d16 for crits
d2 for true speed ties
d100 for most other things

Action One:
Stufful used Brick Break
To Crit: [1=Yes]=10=No
Damage: [8+3+1.5]=12.5
[12.5 Damage Tim] [-5 Energy Stu]

Timburr used Hammer Arm
To Hit: [10>= Miss]=95=Hit
To Crit: [1=Yes]=12=No
Damage: [10+3+2+3-3]*1.5=22.5
[22.5 Damage Stu] [-6 Energy Tim]

Action Two:
Stufful used Tackle
To Crit: [1=Yes]=13=No
Damage: [3+(1/2)^+3+1.5]=8.5
[8.5 Damage Tim] [-2.33 Energy Stu]

Timburr used Drain Punch
To Crit: [1=Yes]=11=No
Damage: [8+3+2+3-3]*1.5=19.5
Drain: 19.5/2=9.75
[19.5 Damage Stu] [9.75 Drain Tim] [-11 Energy Tim]

Action Three:
Stufful used Brick Break
[12.5 Damage Tim] [-5 Energy Stu]

Timburr used Hammer Arm
To Hit: [10>= Miss]=3=Miss
It missed
[-6 Energy Tim]

Totals:
Stufful: 42 Damage, -12 Energy
Timburr: 24 Damage, -23 Energy

Team Maxim:

Lt Teddy (Stufful):
HP: 58
EN: 88

Team Toon:

Auron (Timburr):
HP: 76
EN: 77
==============================================

"Hum. I guess from this Stufful is not a fighting type counter. Although is that because of an inherent disadvantage, or just because he hasn't evolved and gotten any anti fighting moves? Eh, this science stuff is hard, I'd better call Dr. Zoran here at some point."

Brick Break x3

Team Maxim:

Lt Teddy (Stufful):
HP: 58
EN: 88

Team Toon:

Auron (Timburr):
HP: 76
EN: 77

Round 2:

OUT OF ORDER

Action One:
Stufful used Brick Break
To Crit: [1=Yes]=14=No
[12.5 Damage Tim] [-9 Energy Stu]

Timburr used Drain Punch
To Crit: [1=Yes]=16=No
[19.5 Damage Stu] [9.75 Drain Tim] [-11 Energy Tim]

Action Two:
Stufful used Brick Break
To Crit: [1=Yes]=15=No
[12.5 Damage Tim] [-13 Energy Stu]

Timburr used Drain Punch
To Crit: [1=Yes]=6=No
[19.5 Damage Stu] [9.75 Drain Tim] [-15 Energy Tim]

Action Three:
Stufful used Brick Break
To Crit: [1=Yes]=9=No
[12.5 Damage Tim] [-17 Energy Stu]

Timburr used Drain Punch
[19.5 Damage Stu] [9.75 Drain Tim] [-19 Energy Tim]

Totals:
Stufful: 59 Damage, -39 Energy, FAINT
Timburr: 8 Damage, -45 Energy

Team Maxim:

Lt Teddy (Stufful):
HP: KO
EN: 49

Team Toon:

Auron (Timburr):
HP: 68
EN: 32

=========================================

"O...Ow! That kinda hurt you know. Drampa, can you."

w/Exp. Share
"I'm gonna set his butt on fiyah!"

Toon

NOT A BUNNY!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
is...is that a FOXY GRANDPA?!?!? deadfox i didn't know Gamefreak made a Pokemon after you

Timburr Hammer Arm -> Low Sweep -> Hammer Arm
IF under the effects of P/E THEN Chill and push back

"Eh, he's only foxy when he's mad...Incidentally he gets a little angry when people harm small children or Pokemon. So uh..."

"Gonna rock ya like a hurricane ya jerk!"

Hurricane~Twister~Hurricane

=========================================
Team Maxim:

Dean (Drampa):
Abilities: Berserk/Sap Sipper

Lt Teddy (Stufful):

Team Toon:

Auron (Timburr):
HP: 68
EN: 32

Round 3:

Dang it Terra, how many times do I have to tell her not to mess with the recording device?

Anyways, when the plane landed, we made our way out of the Castelia International Airport and got into the big city. Unfortunately Maxim's letter did not specify where he ran off too besides "Unova" so we were going to have to find him the hard way. Fortunately, there was an establishment that Maxim frequented back when the gym was still in Castelia City, the Cafe Sonata. We immediately thought that he might be there, or at least the people there would have a good lead as to his location.

When we arrived at Cafe Sonata, the place was buzzing with activity, just as it had when we left. I walked up to the counter, where the bartender greeted us. I tipped my hat to let him know who I was. Interestingly, he did not seem very surprised to see Terra and I. Presumably Maxim's presence and probable ranting gave away that we'd be following after him. We followed him to the and isolated room in the back of the Cafe.

"Well well, if it isn't you two! It has been a long time hasn't it? Man I haven't been able to get my groove on since you guys left, no quality entertainment in this blasted city. How can I, the great Gatsby, do for you? Shall I serenade you with relaxing tunes?"

"Heh, yes well I'm afraid this isn't a social call. Maxim's gone on the fritz again, and we need your help to find him."

"Groovy. Sadly I'm a bit lost as well. He shows his face around here sometimes, but apart from that I haven't heard a peep. I try to stay out of other people's business you know."

"Ah nuts, that's one lead gone. My beautiful paycheck, gone and vanished into thin air!" ;_;

"Coincidentally, I may have heard a rumor that may or may not be related to his whereabouts."

Action One:
Timburr used Hammer Arm
To Hit: Guaranteed by nature
To Crit: [1=Yes]=9=No
Damage: [10+3+2+1.5]*1.5=24.75
[24.75 Damage Dra] [-6 Energy Tim]
-1 Speed Tim

Drampa used Hurricane
To Hit: [30>= Miss]=73=Hit
To Confuse: [30>= Yes]=79=No
To Crit: [1=Yes]=8=No
Damage: [11+6]*1.5=25.5
[25.5 Damage Tim] [-8 Energy Dra]

Action Two:
Drampa used Twister
To Crit: [1=Yes]=12=No
To Flinch: [20>= Yes]=78=No
Damage: [4+3+6]=13
[13 Damage Tim] [-2 Energy Dra]

Timburr used Low Sweep
To Crit; [1=Yes]=15=No
Damage: [7+3+2+1.5]*1.5=20.25
[20.25 Damage Dra] [-4 Energy Tim]

Action Three:
Drampa used Hurricane
To Hit: [30>= Miss]=11=Miss
It missed
[-8 Energy Dra]

Timburr used Hammer Arm
-1 Speed Tim

Berserk: Drampa Gained +1 SpA

Totals:
Drampa: 70 Damage, -18 Energy
Timburr: 39 Damage, -16 Energy

Team Maxim:

Dean (Drampa):
HP: 30
EN: 82
Other: +1 SpA

Lt Teddy (Stufful):

Team Toon:

Auron (Timburr):
HP: 29
EN: 16
Spe: 35 [Molasses]
Other: -2 Speed

"I...appear to have miscalculated something. Oh dear."

"Take this!"

Hurricane + Twister combination~Cooldown (Dragon Rage)~Toxic
If successful P/E move, then use Light Screen the first instance and Chill the second, pushing actions back each time.
If Dig (Suspend) A1, then Chill and push actions back for each action suspended.

Last edited:
Team Maxim:

Dean (Drampa):
HP: 30
EN: 82

Lt Teddy (Stufful):

Team Toon:

Auron (Timburr):
HP: 29
EN: 16
Other: -2 Speed

Round 4:

Coming Soon!

Action One:
Timburr used Endure
It endured hits
[-15 Energy Tim]

Drampa used Hurricane + Twister
BAP: 11+4=15
Type: Flying
Energy: [12+3]*1.75=26.25
Accuracy: [70+100]/2=85
To Hit: [15>= Miss]=16=Hit
To Crit: [1=Yes]=4=No
Damage: [15+6]*1.5=31.5
Timburr endured the hit!
[28 Damage Tim] [-26.25 Energy Dra]

Action Two:
Drampa had to cooldown

Timburr used Hammer Arm
To Crit: [1=Yes]=3=No
-1 Speed Tim

Action Three:
Drampa used Toxic
To Hit: [10>= Miss]=77=Hit
Timburr was poisoned!
[-7 Energy Dra]

Timburr used Hammer Arm
To Crit: [1=Yes]=11=No
Damage: [10+3+2+1.5+3]*1.5=29.25
[29.25 Damage Dra] [-6 Energy Tim]
-1 Speed Tim
Drampa fainted!

Toxic: -1 HP Tim
Timburr fainted!

Totals:
Drampa: 54 Damage, -33 Energy, FAINT
Timburr: 29 Damage, -15 Energy, FAINT

Team Maxim:

Dean (Drampa):

Lt Teddy (Stufful):

Team Toon:

Auron (Timburr):
EN: 1
Other: -3 Speed, Toxic [1 DPA]

Rewards:

Maxim:

• 2 Currency Counters
  • 6 Universal Counters
  • Lt. Teddy: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 AC, 1 LEC
  • Dean: 3 MC, 1 AC
Toon
  • 2 Currency Counters
  • Auron: 1 EC, 3 MC
  • Tiki: 4 MC
Thanks for playing!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)