Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bulk (and bulk up) is one of the things that differentiates braviary from other normal/flying types, so i'd like to keep that. mega staraptor is kinda bulky too, especially now that it has almost no reason to ever use anything but intimidate in its regular form. but it's fighting/flying, and i think that's difference enough. i really wanted to give mega braviary fighting/flying until i remember mega staraptor had it >_>

gale wings would be a nice braviary ability not only for priority brave bird, but roost and defog and well. i can see both a bulky roost/bulk up set and a u-turn/defog set.

I'd like to see Mega Mandibuzz have the tools to dismantle a bunch of the newly-created physical Megas. It already has a cool typing and stat distribution, so perhaps an ability like Indimidate wouldn't go amiss.
i'm super in-favor of intimidate. mandibuzz is one of the bulkiest pokemon i've ever had the pleasure of using and i loved destroying physical sweepers with foul play in gen 5. intimidate messes with foul play a little bit, but it's definitely offset by the defensive boosts, and foul play will still hit most things hard. unaware is another great option, though intimidate fits more flavor-wise and specializes mandibuzz for physical defense. and magic guard is also a good ability.

Was just gonna say that. Even something as simple as keeping the musketeers at their unique 108 speed tier and giving a straight +25 to the other stats gives Cobalion 90/115/154/115/95/108, which would make it pretty versatile, able to act as a bulky pivot or CM/SD up.

bulk (and bulk up) is one of the things that differentiates braviary from other normal/flying types, so i'd like to keep that. mega staraptor is kinda bulky too, especially now that it has almost no reason to ever use anything but intimidate in its regular form. but it's fighting/flying, and i think that's difference enough. i really wanted to give mega braviary fighting/flying until i remember mega staraptor had it >_>

gale wings would be a nice braviary ability not only for priority brave bird, but roost and defog and well. i can see both a bulky roost/bulk up set and a u-turn/defog set.

i'm super in-favor of intimidate. mandibuzz is one of the bulkiest pokemon i've ever had the pleasure of using and i loved destroying physical sweepers with foul play in gen 5. intimidate messes with foul play a little bit, but it's definitely offset by the defensive boosts, and foul play will still hit most things hard. unaware is another great option, though intimidate fits more flavor-wise and specializes mandibuzz for physical defense. and magic guard is also a good ability.
Ohh that's true. Perhaps Shiver (the SpA equivalent) would fit better competitively

Ohh that's true. Perhaps Shiver (the SpA equivalent) would fit better competitively
I rather like Shiver on Mandibuzz actually, it gives it utility to check both special and physical offense with that and Foul Play. Intimidate does make Foul Play rather pointless, and Mandibuzz is usually used as a physical tank, so giving it a way to neuter strong special threats is great.

EV

Banned deucer.
Parasect, Milotic, and Bouffalant plz

Normal---->Normal (was going to make it Normal/Fighting, but Ursaring)
Reckless/Sap Sipper/Soundproof---->Rock Head
95/110/95/40/95/55=490
--/+40/+10/+10/--/+40
95/150/105/50/95/95=590
+Head Smash, Bulk Up, Jump Kick

While its former self could hit hard with a Choice Band attached, Mega Bouffalant can finally invest in Speed and rely on its natural bulk to setup with Bulk Up, making it even more threatening. Of course, it can just spam Head Charge right off the bat thanks to Rock Head. Jump Kick is a new coverage move that pairs with recoil-less Head Smash.
Sample set:
@ Bouffalantite w/ Rock Head
Jolly (+SP, -SA) 4HP/252A/252SP
-Bulk Up
-Head Charge
-Head Smash
-Jump Kick
My Bouff got booted?

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I understand the concept of using a similar ability on the musketeers in a similar way to the trio mons but it is truly necessary? Like it sort of takes the fun out of it and pigeon holes some of the ideas into forcing just one ability which limits the concept to just stats basically. Granted the hidden abilities arent released on most of them but these abilities are different and we could encourage this as part of the megas to establish different roles between the 3 musketeers or trios in general.

I understand the concept of using a similar ability on the musketeers in a similar way to the trio mons but it is truly necessary? Like it sort of takes the fun out of it and pigeon holes some of the ideas into forcing just one ability which limits the concept to just stats basically. Granted the hidden abilities arent released on most of them but these abilities are different and we could encourage this as part of the megas to establish different roles between the 3 musketeers or trios in general.
Their different roles are established more with stat distribution, typing, and movepool than with ability. I mean they already share the same ability, Justified, but all have distinct roles.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Their different roles are established more with stat distribution, typing, and movepool than with ability. I mean they already share the same ability, Justified, but all have distinct roles.
Yea but these factors of each musketeer determines its tiering placement so naturally some of them are more viable than others and unless they each got different stat boosts in a dramatic way the general viability between them will still remain consistent. I just feel like there is just way more options in terms or viability where the abilities could change. Im not saying use some ridiculous op Ability i think having more options would be better.

Yea but these factors of each musketeer determines its tiering placement so naturally some of them are more viable than others and unless they each got different stat boosts in a dramatic way the general viability between them will still remain consistent. I just feel like there is just way more options in terms or viability where the abilities could change. Im not saying use some ridiculous op Ability i think having more options would be better.
That's why I suggested Fire Absorb and Glare for the three non-Keldeo ones. It could balance out their viability

I reaaally want Virizion to have Flower Veil or w/e Florges' ability is called, to make it a fantastic Calm Minder. But I do agree that the flavour does suggest that they should all share the same ability, and it hardly fits with the others.

If we decide for the Swords of Justice to not all have the same ability, they should at least be similar. Maybe give them each an ability that boosts their non-Fighting STAB (Steel, Rock, Grass, Water), although that puts Cobalion and Virizion at a disadvantage since Steel and Grass aren't very good attacking types. I really can't understand why people are against them having the same ability, as so many other legendary pairs or groups do. The birds and dog things have Pressure, the Regis have Clear Body, the Latis have Levitate (as well as their Mega forms!!), and the ones that don't have abilities that match their dissimilar types. For example, Kyogre has Drizzle, while Groudon has Drought; and Xerneas has Fairy Aura while Yveltal has Dark Aura. The only ones that seem a little off are Hoopa, Volcanion and Diancie, but their abilities are perfect for their typing and the Pokemon themselves are very different from each other. It just feels wrong to give them all wildly differing abilities like Fire Absorb and Glare, and there's really no precedent.

AM

LCPL Champion
If we decide for the Swords of Justice to not all have the same ability, they should at least be similar. Maybe give them each an ability that boosts their non-Fighting STAB (Steel, Rock, Grass, Water), although that puts Cobalion and Virizion at a disadvantage since Steel and Grass aren't very good attacking types. I really can't understand why people are against them having the same ability, as so many other legendary pairs or groups do. The birds and dog things have Pressure, the Regis have Clear Body, the Latis have Levitate (as well as their Mega forms!!), and the ones that don't have abilities that match their dissimilar types. For example, Kyogre has Drizzle, while Groudon has Drought; and Xerneas has Fairy Aura while Yveltal has Dark Aura. The only ones that seem a little off are Hoopa, Volcanion and Diancie, but their abilities are perfect for their typing and the Pokemon themselves are very different from each other. It just feels wrong to give them all wildly differing abilities like Fire Absorb and Glare, and there's really no precedent.
No you're mistaking what i actually meant. The general trios such as the birds, beasts, and golems have hidden abilities that differ from each other. What i was saying is why not just go with that idea. Im not really against it cause in reality people can still theorymon some stuff that the general group of people arent concerned with, they just might not win and thats if you truly care about that. I just like the theorymon aspect out of this more so than what submissions are being won.

Normal ----> Normal

Reckless/Sap Sipper/Soundproof ----> Hustle

95/110/95/40/95/55 ----> 95/155/115/55/115/55 (--/+45/+20/+15/+20/--)

New Moves: Hone Claws

Mega Bouffalant is a very powerful wallbreaker, capable of using its Hustle-boosted attacks do deal massive damage. While Hustle increases Attack by 50%, it lowers the user’s Accuracy by 20%, which is why Hone Claws was added to Bouffalant’s movepool. Hone Claws boosts Accuracy as well as Attack, meaning that Mega Bouffalant becomes an even more terrifying attacker upon using a Hone Claws.
What. The. Fuck. Is. That??? HONE CLAWS. If you find some claws there you are a god. That's just extremely stupid.

What. The. Fuck. Is. That??? HONE CLAWS. If you find some claws there you are a god. That's just extremely stupid.
Really? I don't see any claws either, but it's just one move. No need to be so aggressive. Besides, there are plenty of moves that make on sense on certain Pokemon that have them...Gastly gets the elemental punches, Koffing gets Assurance, etc. No need to bash someone for giving a made-up Pokemon a move that you don't agree with. Also, AM, I think we kinda agree with each other lol. Since the trios you mentioned all have similar hidden abilities that fit with their type (Volt Absorb, Flash Fire, Water Absorb), if people really don't want to use the same ability we should go with abilities like those.

Not all Pokemon that learn Hone Claws have claws.

Do Diglett and Dugtrio have claws? Does Shelgon have claws? Do Pansear, Pansage, and Panpour have claws? Does Ferroseed have claws? All these Pokemon learn Hone Claws, but don't have claws.

Not all Pokemon that learn Hone Claws have claws.

Do Diglett and Dugtrio have claws? Does Shelgon have claws? Do Pansear, Pansage, and Panpour have claws? Does Ferroseed have claws? All these Pokemon learn Hone Claws, but don't have claws.
We don't know how Diglett and Dugtrio look under the ground, Shelgon gets them b/c Salamence, monkeys do have fingernails and they learn Fury Swipes, Ferroseed probably just makes it's spikes sharper. I can't be the only one who has a problem with a bull having a move involving claws right? I mean really, if it doesn't have claws or anything that could justify it then it goes against flavor and shouldn't be used just to get a free boost from Hustle.

And while you continue to argue about whether a titanium durian fruit has claws or not, no one has addressed why the Bouffalant I submitted way back on page 4 was suddenly kicked to the curb.
Possibly an issue with the current overuse of Rock Head, possibly an issue with stat distribution, but I'm honestly not sure. Not all submissions from the early stages of this thread have been kept, but I do hope someone with more knowledge than I addresses the conflict.

EV

Banned deucer.
Possibly an issue with the current overuse of Rock Head, possibly an issue with stat distribution, but I'm honestly not sure. Not all submissions from the early stages of this thread have been kept, but I do hope someone with more knowledge than I addresses the conflict.
Nah, it's no biggie. Just wanted an explanation. ;;

I think we were questioning how it became better or something. I can't remember what. Yours wasn't bad, but I think we didn't think it would actually be good or something. I barely remember. It was super long ago

Nah, it's no biggie. Just wanted an explanation. ;;
Yeah there were some arguments against it (I'm pretty sure I was fine with it) but as we progressed through the list it became more that if the submission wasn't completely fantastic and a unanimous decision by the balancing council we'd reopen it. I think we discussed that it would be best to reopen it and if a similar submission won then it would justify your submission... sorry.

EV

Banned deucer.
I was surprised because I remember getting contacted regarding Parasect so I guess I thought that would continue. I think if you're going to change or scratch other users submissions, you should at least tag them so they can come back and try again. Anyway, carry on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)