Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an idea for voting. We should group together similar submissions during voting so that they don't split votes and the best idea wins instead of the most outlandish viable one that makes sense somehow.

I have an idea for voting. We should group together similar submissions during voting so that they don't split votes and the best idea wins instead of the most outlandish viable one that makes sense somehow.
The three votes rule already somewhat accommodates for that. Also, that's why I keep emphasizing with each new slate to check previous submissions before submitting one's own.

Might I add something to this I think those currently without a mega evolution should be edited by the creator of their respective team rather than give a set mega evolution for every pokemon because little will we know there might be new mega evolutions in the future yet to come plus it can help us for future mega evolved pokemon like metagross who is theorized to have at least a base stat of 120 speed and we could test out different possibilities with the pokemon and I think it should follow your format exactly though I'm a little unsure about the original ability idea,

Might I add something to this I think those currently without a mega evolution should be edited by the creator of their respective team rather than give a set mega evolution for every pokemon because little will we know there might be new mega evolutions in the future yet to come plus it can help us for future mega evolved pokemon like metagross who is theorized to have at least a base stat of 120 speed and we could test out different possibilities with the pokemon and I think it should follow your format exactly though I'm a little unsure about the original ability idea,
Between the comma button and the question mark/slash button there's a button that makes this symbol: "."

It's called a "period" (or a "stop" if you're communicating via telegram) and it's a very handy tool for separating thoughts and making your statements easier to digest. Without them, people find it difficult to follow what you're saying. I see you've ended your post with a comma, which looks a bit like a period, but serves a different function than the one you gave it.

In any case, there's currently no evidence of Metagross's base speed stat, and even if there was, this is not the thread to post it on. If that's what you're doing. It's hard to be sure. If you read through the opening post (where you'll find many helpful examples of periods to start you along your path to using them) you'll see what this thread is and isn't about. Our plans for the slowly updating stream of new megas was to skip Hoenn, but given Lopunny's new form, we'll probably just go through the dex and remove megas if official versions are announced.

You may have had more points, but I unsarcastically have no idea what you're talking about for the first half or so of your post. Please remember in the future that if you'd like to contribute to a discussion, the first step is to be coherent, otherwise people will find it hard to communicate back to you.

We don't know how Diglett and Dugtrio look under the ground, Shelgon gets them b/c Salamence, monkeys do have fingernails and they learn Fury Swipes, Ferroseed probably just makes it's spikes sharper. I can't be the only one who has a problem with a bull having a move involving claws right? I mean really, if it doesn't have claws or anything that could justify it then it goes against flavor and shouldn't be used just to get a free boost from Hustle.
if ferroseed can sharpen its spikes with hone claws, bouffalant can sharpen its horns with hone claws. or its hooves.

Between the comma button and the question mark/slash button there's a button that makes this symbol: "."

It's called a "period" (or a "stop" if you're communicating via telegram) and it's a very handy tool for separating thoughts and making your statements easier to digest. Without them, people find it difficult to follow what you're saying. I see you've ended your post with a comma, which looks a bit like a period, but serves a different function than the one you gave it.

In any case, there's currently no evidence of Metagross's base speed stat, and even if there was, this is not the thread to post it on. If that's what you're doing. It's hard to be sure. If you read through the opening post (where you'll find many helpful examples of periods to start you along your path to using them) you'll see what this thread is and isn't about. Our plans for the slowly updating stream of new megas was to skip Hoenn, but given Lopunny's new form, we'll probably just go through the dex and remove megas if official versions are announced.

You may have had more points, but I unsarcastically have no idea what you're talking about for the first half or so of your post. Please remember in the future that if you'd like to contribute to a discussion, the first step is to be coherent, otherwise people will find it hard to communicate back to you.
In a trailer/video revealing Mega Metagross it shows that in a turn Metagross had the first move before sceptile which means that either for some reason Sceptile had an Iron ball, or mega metagross actually did out speed Sceptile, and sceptile has a base speed stat of 120 so if the second possibility were to be true that would mean Mega Metagross should have at least a base stat of 120 for speed. Also sorry about my improper punctuation my computer is messed up and always shifts to another segment of another sentence. Furthermore You don't know if I'm native or not to the English language so don't give me the tone as if you were dealing with an idiot. Second this thread is trying to add a new feature to Pokemon Showdown right? So read my post again and it will say that this is a customary thing! Meaning other people can use their own interpretations of a possible mega evolution and not just have ONE set mega per pokemon. Also it's hypocritical to think that I'm possibly off topic because half of your argument is about my punctuation errors.

After scanning over the spreadsheet a bit, I noticed a few problems:

Audino has Cacophony, an ability we agreed to delete in favor of Amplifier (same effect, different name.)
Mr. Mime gets Prankster and Topsy-Turvy. I hardly see any flavor behind the move, and I kinda assumed we would try to avoid any combination like Prankster+TT.
Purugly's ability Tireless seems a bit complex. It has two completely separate effects, when only one is really necessary. I recommend taking out the "user cannot be put to sleep" portion.
Kricketot's Mega Evolution is just +50 speed and +50 attack with Swordsman. Even with the boosts, it doesn't seem at all viable.
Snorlax should get Arena Trap, not an exact clone called "Roadblock"
Sudowoodo's ability should read "blocks recoil damage," not passive damage entirely.
Why don't we give Gliscor Y Field Warp instead of just creating two separate abilities with identical effects?

As for the slate I might try do a Mega-evo for Braviary if I get time. I'm thinking E-speed would be a cool addition keeping Defiant, it seemed cool in Theorymons but the stat distribution may need some points in SpA to prevent braking it.

Eevee edit: no need to address it further. We're moving on now.

I'm stuck with Braviary between Tough Claws or an 'ate' ability for fighting type. I know my ideal stat spread, new moves and typing, but that's conflicting. I'm sure ESpeed with Tough Claws or Fighting -ate would be brutal regardless.

Ah, it seems Pizza isn't around to reveal the winners, but PM'd them. Here we go (sorry it doesn't look as pretty as his):

Druddigon: Tie between Dilasc (congrats!) and GG Unit
Mega Druddigon
Type: Dragon -> Dragon/Rock
Abilities: Rough Skin, Sheer Force (Mold Breaker) -> Levitate
New Moves: Defog, Roost, Coil

HP: 77 -> 77
Atk: 120 -> 145 (+25)
Def: 90 -> 135 (+45)
SpA: 60 -> 65 (+5)
SpD: 90 -> 135 (+45)
Spe: 48 -> 28 (-20)

It becomes a gargoyle statue, complete with hovering flight. It gains coil because it gets Snake Glare and has basalisk style features and coil REALLY needs more users, especially those with STAB Stone Edge. It's better than giving DD because it's slow as hell.

Levitate is highly useful as well.

Mega Druddigon
Type: Dragon -> Dragon
Abilities: Rough Skin/Sheer Force/Mold Breaker -> Tough Claws
New Moves: Bulk Up, Drain Punch, Poison Jab

HP: 77 -> 77
Atk: 120 -> 140 (+20)
Def: 90 -> 125 (+35)
SpA: 60 -> 60
SpD: 90 -> 125 (+35)
Spe: 48 -> 58 (+10)
BST: 485 -> 585

Tough Claws is a pretty generic ability, but it allows Mega Druddigon to be able to hit hard and also get better defenses to take advantage of its support movepool. Druddigon learns Fighting-type moves like Superpower and Revenge by leveling up, so Bulk Up and Drain Punch allow it to further distinguish its movepool from that of the typical Dragon.

Golurk: Tie between nightsitter and zerobreaker000

Mega Golurk
Type: Ground/Ghost -> Ground/Fighting
Ability: Iron Fist/Klutz/No Guard -> No Guard
New Moves: None

HP: 89 -> 89
Atk: 124 -> 169 (+45)
Def: 80 -> 90 (+10)
SpA: 55 -> 70 (+15)
SpD: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Spe: 55 -> 75 (+20)

Flavor Concept: The seal on Golurk’s chest is removed, which “makes its internal energy go out of control.” It then stops at nothing to fight and protect its people, so I added the Fighting type.

Competitive Concept: This thing gets insane coverage and high base power STAB backed by a crazy base 169 attack. I’d personally run a set of DynamicPunch/Earthquake/Ice Punch/Fire Punch, but Rock Polish, Zen Headbutt, and ThunderPunch all deserve honorable mentions for hitting specific targets.

-1 252+ Atk Golurk Ice Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 320-380 (100 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Golurk Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Scizor: 328-388 (95.3 - 112.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Golurk Dynamic Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 201-237 (67.4 - 79.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Mega Golurk
Typing: Ground/Ghost ----> Ground/Ghost
Abilities: Iron Fist/Klutz/No Guard ----> Grounded (All immunities to Ground are ignored when user is on the field.)
BST: 89/124/80/55/80/55 ----> 89/159/130/55/105/45
New Moves: Shadow Claw, Automize

This one is designed as a Spinblocker that can also scare out Defoggers. Grounded makes it so Flying types, Levitate, Air Balloon etc. lose their immunity to Ground, and considering most of the Defoggers are either Flying type or have Levitate, this is a huge boon against them. Skarmory can't really switch in, as it will swiftly be 2HKOed; Mega Charizard Y gets OHKOed instead. Most other Defoggers fare the same, with only Mandibuzz able to escape the 2HKOes. it also has a much better bulk, able to live a CB Dragonite's Outrage with only full investment in HP. While its Speed is lowered slightly, it also has Automize to boost its speed and can attempt to sweep.

Bisharp: nightsitter

Mega Bisharp
Type: Dark/Steel -> Dark/Steel
Ability: Defiant/Inner Focus/Pressure -> Filter

HP: 65 -> 65
Atk: 125 -> 145 (+20)
Def: 100 -> 145 (+45)
SpA: 60 -> 95 (+35)
SpD: 70 -> 95 (+25)
Spe: 70 -> 45 (-25)

Flavor Concept: Pawniard, Bisharp, Mega Bisharp. Pawn, Bishop, King. The King Bisharp uses its protection forces to take only 75% damage from supereffective strikes.

Competitive Concept: Mega Bisharp undertakes a more defensive role than its normal counterpart. Filter won’t save it from much, but there’s a few specific cases in which it works. Bisharp can also put off Mega Evolving if it wishes to acquire a Defiant boost first.

252+ Atk Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Filter Mega Bisharp: 234-279 (70 - 83.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Gothitelle Hidden Power Fighting vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Filter Mega Bisharp: 270-321 (80.8 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252+ Atk Mega Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 309-364 (96.5 - 113.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Mega Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Manectric: 280-331 (99.6 - 117.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Bouffalant: JayHankEdLyon
Mega Bouffalant
Type: Normal-> Normal/Ground
Ability: Reckless/Sap Sipper/Soundproof -> Speed Boost
New Moves: Bulk Up

HP: 95 -> 95
Atk: 110 -> 150 (+40)
Def: 95 -> 120 (+25)
SpA: 40 -> 40 (+0)
SpD: 95 -> 120 (+25)
Spe: 55 -> 65 (+10)

Flavor Concept: Bouffalant's amazing afro is shaved down to a mohawk.

Competitive Concept: Bulky but slow, with no resistances, Bouffalant is a mediocre force. But this thing's a buffalo, dammit, and what do buffalo do? They charge! While they're slow to start, once you get a buffalo going, you'll be hard-pressed to stop its rampage.

As it runs and runs, and as aided by its new, sleeker hairdo, Bouffalant gains Speed Boost to slowly buff its low starting speed. Meanwhile, its attack and defenses have been buffed, and a new secondary Ground type (indicative of its rumbling through the plains) not only gives nice STAB on Earthquake, but some handy resists to play with.

Sap Sipper is a great primary ability here, as Bouffalant can switch in on a Grass move for a free Attack boost before Mevolving. On top of Earthquake and its signature Head Charge, Bouffalant has coverage in Wild Charge, Megahorn, and Superpower, as well as moves that aid specific team weaknesses like Iron Head for fairies or Zen Headbutt for...whatever you'd need that for. Moreover, the buffalo gets Swords Dance to launch its Attack to incredible heights, but I also gave it Bulk Up for a slower but bulkier boost befitting its flavor as a gradual threat.

Ground typing wasn't given solely for resists and STABs, though; a Speed Booster with 95/110/110 defenses, 150 attack, and Swords Dance/Bulk Up to boot, needs something that can take it down lest it get too OP. Ground adds Ice Shard and Aqua Jet to Mach Punch for three big priority weaknesses. And, as mentioned, its starting speed is slow enough that it takes a few rounds to really get going. But once this Mega Bouffalant revs up, it'll be a hell of a thing to stop.

I suppose this opens the slate of entries for:

Braviary
Mandibuzz
Heatmor
Cobalion

Have fun, all!

Last edited:
Despite having quite a few more things to say about this, I'm gonna go with the modtone of not continuing that conversation. I will say, simsims2800, that I'm gonna marry her anyway, so THERE.

In any case, I'm pasting in my submissions from earlier to kick things off:
Mega Braviary
Type: Normal/Flying-> Normal/Flying
Ability: Keen Eye/Sheer Force/Defiant-> Gale Wings
New Moves: Nada

HP: 100 -> 100
Atk: 123 -> 129 (+6)
Def: 75 -> 85 (+10)
SpA: 57 -> 112 (+55)
SpD: 75 -> 85 (+10)
Spe: 80 -> 99 (+19)

Flavor Concept: Braviary's headdress expands, and screw it, let's give him a belt with a tomahawk hanging from it for old time's sake.

Competitive Concept: Is there any ability that speaks for itself quite like Gale Wings? The ability that took Gen 6's averagebird soaring into OU makes its triumphant return on another pokemon that sorely needs it, and on paper is looks to be a far greater threat than Talonflame. But would this be OP? Let's explore.

We've got ourselves a bird with 129 attack and priority STAB Brave Bird. So already, yikes. Then we have to take his solid 100/85/85 defenses, as well as Bulk Up, into account. And Priority Roost, can't forget that. And, on top of all this, Braviary can feasibly switch in on a Defogger and gain a free Defiant boost before Mevolving and wrecking.

BUT, here's why I think Mega Braviary would be great, but not broken. For starters, without Swords Dance, he can't rapidly boost attack like Talonflame. Second, unlike Talonflame, he gets virtually no additional coverage with its non-flying STAB, and has to rely on the stat-lowering non-STAB Superpower (or Heat Wave, which requires investment and a defense-lowering nature to be effective even with his new special attack stat) if he wants to hit Steel-types. Third, unlike Talonflame, Braviary's running off a trollish base 99 speed, meaning his non-Flying moves will be outsped by a huge portion of the meta and any priority user above that speed will attack first. Fourth, he can't run any items to supplement his power or survivability, meaning that like any mega, he's not quite as powerful as it looks. And finally, the biggest reason I think he'll be just fine, is that this mon won't be playing in OU, but in this meta we're building, which has several mon like Cloud Step Mienshao tailored to counter priority flying users.

So yes, this Mega Braviary is a monster and would be a gigantic new threat, but not one that would break this meta. And he would certainly be fun to use.

Mega Mandibuzz
Type: Dark/Flying-> Dark/Flying
Ability: Big Pecks/Overcoat/Weak Armor-> Magic Guard

HP: 110 -> 110
Atk: 65 -> 75 (+10)
Def: 105 -> 130 (+25)
SpA: 55 -> 65 (+10)
Spe: 80 -> 110 (+30)

Flavor Concept: Full skeleton armor, including a Cubone's skull for a helmet. The Carrion Queen!

Competitive Concept: Unaware Mandibuzz is something I really wanted to do, but I mentioned before that "Unaware" is, in the original version, more accurately translated as "Doofus", which really doesn't fit Mandy's flavor at all.

So I gave her even more defense than I was going to and gave her Magic Guard. Now that Aegislash is gone, Mandy's usage is already falling, and that's a damn shame considering how hard the bulky buzzard is to take down. Now with Magic Guard to eliminate Stealth Rock damage and the death sentence of Toxic, Mandibuzz becomes an incredible wall. Still resisting Bisharp's Dark STAB, Magic Guard turns her into the best Defogger around.

But wait, there's more. On top of her crazy defenses, Mandibuzz's speed skyrocketed from a good base 80 to a fantastic base 110, and her even faster Taunt supplements her bulk and Magic Guard to make her an incredible force against stall and set-up alike. Moreover, she still has Foul Play to wreck would-be attackers, and her boost in Attack, slight though it is, does help out Knock Off if you're into that utility. Mandibuzz was a valiant warrior against the onslaught of Aegislash, and this is her much-deserved reward.

Mega Heatmor
Type: Fire-> Fire/Fighting
Ability: Flash Fire/Gluttony/White Smoke-> Contrary
New Moves: Overheat

HP: 85 -> 85
Atk: 97 -> 112 (+15)
Def: 66 -> 86 (+20)
SpA: 105 -> 115 (+10)
SpD: 66 -> 96 (+30)
Spe: 65 -> 90 (+25)

Flavor Concept: Heatmor gets a Miami Heat jersey with the name "Mor" written on the back and number 631 on the front. Or maybe its weird penis bone thing just goes away. Your call, Smogon.

Competitive Concept: Hooray, another Fire/Fighting mon to play with! And moreover, like its predecessors, it's mixed! How original!

Well, look again, hypothetical sarcastic naysayer. On top of using secondary Fighting typing to neutralize its Rock weakness, give it a resistance to the much-improved Dark type (it now resists both of Bisharp's STABs!), and double its resistance to the puny Bug attacks of Durant, Heatmor gains STAB on the excellent Contrary move Superpower, acting as a free Bulk Up every time it attacks. Moreover, with Overheat, it's also gets a free Nasty Plot on an even stronger attack. Both moves can fit on the same set for tremendous mixed power, constantly raising its stats as it crushes through walls. Supplemental moves like Giga Drain, Thunder Punch, Knock Off, and Will o Wisp give Heatmor just what it needs to go from joke to powerhouse.

But isn't Contrary STAB Superpower/Overheat a bit much? Perhaps even OP? Well, not exactly; despite these excellent moves, Heatmor has no way of boosting its middling speed or its decent, but hardly groundbreaking special defense. Moreover, its new Fighting type renders it weak to the incredibly prevalent Flying type. An Earthquake weakness and vulnerability to all forms of hazards (barring a speed boost from Sticky Web) certainly isn't helpful. And finally, barring Giga Drain, it can't do much damage to the Unaware duo of Clefable and Quagsire, each of whom resists one of Heatmor's STABs and neither of which care about its stat boosts.

Mega Cobalion
Type: Steel/Fighting -> Steel/Fighting
Ability: Justified-> Swordmaster (Blade-based moves deal 50% more damage)
New Moves: Night Slash

HP: 91 -> 91
Atk: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Def: 129 -> 150 (+21)
SpA: 90 -> 110 (+20)
SpD: 72 -> 95 (+23)
Spe: 108 -> 124 (+16)

Flavor Concept: Cobalion's horns, shoulder blades, and tail extend, and its beard becomes a breastplate.

Competitive Concept: Like many others, I want the four musketeers to match each other as they do in their standard forms: all for one and one for all, as they say. No matter what's chosen for Cobalion, I'm a big proponent of having all four get the same stat boosts in different areas; for instance, if this submission wins, I'm very much in favor of future Virizion and Terrakion sets having 110/110/150/95 stats distributed accordingly, with 124 speed.
I like these stat boosts because they improve every stat fairly evenly, but with little extra boosts to their best and worst stats while keeping a great new speed tier.

Swordmaster was chosen because, well, these are the musketeers, and I like them using their signature moves. Moreover, Swordmaster improves this group offensively and defensively, as not only does Sacred Sword now outdamage Close Combat, but it does so without lowering defenses. Cobalion and Virizion now don't have to choose between hitting hard and taking hits, and Terrakion and Keldeo appreciate the general power increase just as much (substituting Secret Sword for Sacred Sword for Keldeo, of course). Sacred Sword's fun buff-ignoring property is just icing on the cake. And it even has more PP!

Considering Virizion gets Leaf Blade, I also want our fellow swordsmon to also get supplemental blade moves in their arsenal, even if they don't get Virizion's sweet STAB bonus. I decided on Night Slash for Cobalion because, between it and Psycho Cut (the other most viable option for a new physical blade move), Cobalion needs the coverage more and is less likely to nab KOs on the bulky Fighting types it hates (and which Terrakion, who in my hopes would receive Psycho Cut, could possibly KO with its much higher Attack).

Cobalion maintains its role as the physically bulkiest musketeer, and probably appreciates abandoning Close Combat the most among the crew, as it no longer sacrifices its defense and, unlike Virizion, has no way to heal itself. Swords Dance is easy to set up with 91/150/95 defenses and great typing, and Iron Head/Sacred Sword/Night Slash is pretty wonderful coverage with Swordmaster. Still, the cobalt goat is also the best of the four at a supporting set, with Stealth Rocks, a speedy Taunt, and Volt Switch at the ready. Either way, boosted stats and Swordmaster is all it takes for Cobalion to become a serious threat.

Last edited:
Despite having quite a few more things to say about this, I'm gonna go with the modtone of not continuing that conversation. I will say, simsims2800, that I'm gonna marry her anyway, so THERE.

In any case, I'm pasting in my submissions from earlier to kick things off:
Mega Braviary
Ability: Keen Eye/Sheer Force/Defiant-> Gale Wings
New Moves: Nada

Atk: 123 -> 129 (+6)
Def: 75 -> 85 (+10)
SpA: 57 -> 112 (+55)
SpD: 75 -> 85 (+10)
Spe: 80 -> 99 (+19)

Flavor Concept: Braviary's headdress expands, and screw it, let's give him a belt with a tomahawk hanging from it for old time's sake.

Competitive Concept: Is there any ability that speaks for itself quite like Gale Wings? The ability that took Gen 6's averagebird soaring into OU makes its triumphant return on another pokemon that sorely needs it, and on paper is looks to be a far greater threat than Talonflame. But would this be OP? Let's explore.

We've got ourselves a bird with 129 attack and priority STAB Brave Bird. So already, yikes. Then we have to take his solid 100/85/85 defenses, as well as Bulk Up, into account. And Priority Roost, can't forget that. And, on top of all this, Braviary can feasibly switch in on a Defogger and gain a free Defiant boost before Mevolving and wrecking.

BUT, here's why I think Mega Braviary would be great, but not broken. For starters, without Swords Dance, he can't rapidly boost attack like Talonflame. Second, unlike Talonflame, he gets virtually no additional coverage with its non-flying STAB, and has to rely on the stat-lowering non-STAB Superpower (or Heat Wave, which requires investment and a defense-lowering nature to be effective even with his new special attack stat) if he wants to hit Steel-types. Third, unlike Talonflame, Braviary's running off a trollish base 99 speed, meaning his non-Flying moves will be outsped by a huge portion of the meta and any priority user above that speed will attack first. Fourth, he can't run any items to supplement his power or survivability, meaning that like any mega, he's not quite as powerful as it looks. And finally, the biggest reason I think he'll be just fine, is that this mon won't be playing in OU, but in this meta we're building, which has several mon like Cloud Step Mienshao tailored to counter priority flying users.

So yes, this Mega Braviary is a monster and would be a gigantic new threat, but not one that would break this meta. And he would certainly be fun to use.

Mega Mandibuzz
Ability: Big Pecks/Overcoat/Weak Armor-> Magic Guard

Atk: 65 -> 75 (+10)

Flavor Concept: Full skeleton armor, including a Cubone's skull for a helmet. The Carrion Queen!

Competitive Concept: Unaware Mandibuzz is something I really wanted to do, but I mentioned before that "Unaware" is, in the original version, more accurately translated as "Doofus", which really doesn't fit Mandy's flavor at all.

So I gave her even more defense than I was going to and gave her Magic Guard. Now that Aegislash is gone, Mandy's usage is already falling, and that's a damn shame considering how hard the bulky buzzard is to take down. Now with Magic Guard to eliminate Stealth Rock damage and the death sentence of Toxic, Mandibuzz becomes an incredible wall. Still resisting Bisharp's Dark STAB, Magic Guard turns her into the best Defogger around.

But wait, there's more. On top of her crazy defenses, Mandibuzz's speed skyrocketed from a good base 80 to a fantastic base 110, and her even faster Taunt supplements her bulk and Magic Guard to make her an incredible force against stall and set-up alike. Moreover, she still has Foul Play to wreck would-be attackers, and her boost in Attack, slight though it is, does help out Knock Off if you're into that utility. Mandibuzz was a valiant warrior against the onslaught of Aegislash, and this is her much-deserved reward.

Mega Bisharp
Type: Fire-> Fire/Fighting
Ability: Flash Fire/Gluttony/White Smoke-> Contrary
New Moves: Overheat

Atk: 97 -> 112 (+15)
SpA: 105 -> 115 (+10)
SpD: 66 -> 96 (+30)

Flavor Concept: Heatmor gets a Miami Heat jersey with the name "Mor" written on the back and number 631 on the front. Or maybe its weird penis bone thing just goes away. Your call, Smogon.

Competitive Concept: Hooray, another Fire/Fighting mon to play with! And moreover, like its predecessors, it's mixed! How original!

Well, look again, hypothetical sarcastic naysayer. On top of using secondary Fighting typing to neutralize its Rock weakness, give it a resistance to the much-improved Dark type (it now resists both of Bisharp's STABs!), and double its resistance to the puny Bug attacks of Durant, Heatmor gains STAB on the excellent Contrary move Superpower, acting as a free Bulk Up every time it attacks. Moreover, with Overheat, it's also gets a free Nasty Plot on an even stronger attack. Both moves can fit on the same set for tremendous mixed power, constantly raising its stats as it crushes through walls. Supplemental moves like Giga Drain, Thunder Punch, Knock Off, and Will o Wisp give Heatmor just what it needs to go from joke to powerhouse.

But isn't Contrary STAB Superpower/Overheat a bit much? Perhaps even OP? Well, not exactly; despite these excellent moves, Heatmor has no way of boosting its middling speed or its decent, but hardly groundbreaking special defense. Moreover, its new Fighting type renders it weak to the incredibly prevalent Flying type. An Earthquake weakness and vulnerability to all forms of hazards (barring a speed boost from Sticky Web) certainly isn't helpful. And finally, barring Giga Drain, it can't do much damage to the Unaware duo of Clefable and Quagsire, each of whom resists one of Heatmor's STABs and neither of which care about its stat boosts.

Mega Cobalion
Ability: Justified-> Swordmaster (Blade-based moves deal 50% more damage)
New Moves: Night Slash

Def: 129 -> 150 (+21)
SpD: 72 -> 95 (+23)
Spe: 108 -> 124 (+16)

Flavor Concept: Cobalion's horns, shoulder blades, and tail extend, and its beard becomes a breastplate.

Competitive Concept: Like many others, I want the four musketeers to match each other as they do in their standard forms: all for one and one for all, as they say. No matter what's chosen for Cobalion, I'm a big proponent of having all four get the same stat boosts in different areas; for instance, if this submission wins, I'm very much in favor of future Virizion and Terrakion sets having 110/110/150/95 stats distributed accordingly, with 124 speed.
I like these stat boosts because they improve every stat fairly evenly, but with little extra boosts to their best and worst stats while keeping a great new speed tier.

Swordmaster was chosen because, well, these are the musketeers, and I like them using their signature moves. Moreover, Swordmaster improves this group offensively and defensively, as not only does Sacred Sword now outdamage Close Combat, but it does so without lowering defenses. Cobalion and Virizion now don't have to choose between hitting hard and taking hits, and Terrakion and Keldeo appreciate the general power increase just as much (substituting Secret Sword for Sacred Sword for Keldeo, of course). Sacred Sword's fun buff-ignoring property is just icing on the cake. And it even has more PP!

Considering Virizion gets Leaf Blade, I also want our fellow swordsmon to also get supplemental blade moves in their arsenal, even if they don't get Virizion's sweet STAB bonus. I decided on Night Slash for Cobalion because, between it and Psycho Cut (the other most viable option for a new physical blade move), Cobalion needs the coverage more and is less likely to nab KOs on the bulky Fighting types it hates (and which Terrakion, who in my hopes would receive Psycho Cut, could possibly KO with its much higher Attack).

Cobalion maintains its role as the physically bulkiest musketeer, and probably appreciates abandoning Close Combat the most among the crew, as it no longer sacrifices its defense and, unlike Virizion, has no way to heal itself. Swords Dance is easy to set up with 91/150/95 defenses and great typing, and Iron Head/Sacred Sword/Night Slash is pretty wonderful coverage with Swordmaster. Still, the cobalt goat is also the best of the four at a supporting set, with Stealth Rocks, a speedy Taunt, and Volt Switch at the ready. Either way, boosted stats and Swordmaster is all it takes for Cobalion to become a serious threat.
Thank you

Type: Normal/Flying -> Normal/Flying
Ability: Keen Eye/Sheer Force/Defiant -> Defiant
New Moves: Quick Attack

Atk: 123 -> 157 (+34)
Def: 75 -> 100 (+25)
SpA: 57 -> 83 (+26)
SpD: 75 -> 100 (+25)
Spe: 80 -> 70 (-10)

Flavor Concept: Most Normal/Flying birds get Quick Attack, so I figured why not.

Competitive Concept: Bulky Defiant sweeper with decent coverage and great power. Superpower is probably the move of choice to round off the Normal/Flying coverage now that Aegi is gone. It can also afford to run Roost if recovery is necessary.
Type: Dark/Flying -> Dark/Flying
Ability: Big Pecks/Overcoat/Weak Armor -> Shiver (See OP for description)

Atk: 65 -> 80 (+15)
Def: 105 -> 125 (+20)
SpD: 95 -> 130 (+35)
Spe: 80 -> 100 (+20)

Flavor Concept: The sight of such a disgusting vulture makes the opponent Shiver.

Competitive Concept: Defogger with super bulk and the capacity to cripple many an attacker with the likes of Toxic, Knock Off, and Foul Play. Mega Mandibuzz, despite having limited utility outside of Defog, can wall the best of wallbreakers and outstall the best of stallers. With an excellent speed tier, it can Taunt most opposing SR/status users before they get the chance to strike back.
Type: Fire -> Fire
Ability: Gluttony/Flash Fire/White Smoke -> Mold Breaker
New Moves: Scald, Lava Plume, Soft-Boiled

Atk: 97 -> 97
Def: 66 -> 107 (+41)
SpA: 105 -> 158 (+53)
SpD: 66 -> 107 (+41)
Spe: 65 -> 30 (-35)

Flavor Concept: Mold Breaker to complete the Heatmor-Durant relationship, obviously. Scald and Soft-Boiled because it’s hot and can easily boil things, I guess. Lava Plume because it should most definitely already have that.

Competitive Concept: Interesting Fire-type tank that can deal heavy damage and constantly threaten to burn the opponent. No one is safe to switch in to Scald or Lava Plume because no type is intrinsically immune to either of them and Mold Breaker fucks up the opponents’ abilities. Soft-Boiled and Scald differentiate it from Heatran, who would otherwise outclass it. Giga Drain is another cool move to round off the Grass/Fire/Water coverage and gain offensive recovery.
Ability: Justified -> Fire Absorb
New Moves: Glare, U-Turn

Def: 129 -> 154 (+25)
SpD: 72 -> 97 (+25)
Spe: 108 -> 118 (+10)

Flavor Concept: This is the stat distribution and ability I plan to submit for all four musketeers. Fire Absorb is added because they have been known to save people and Pokemon from fires without getting harmed themselves. Glare is added because it’s mentioned in Cobalion’s dex entries. U-Turn because it goes to a place, saves people, and gets out of there. Most of the three main musketeers will get those two moves; however, Keldeo will only get U-Turn because of its boyish nature. Additionally, Terrakion will not get U-Turn because it's too fat and bulky to move that quickly.

Competitive Concept: Paralyze the opponent, tank a hit, and get out of there! Mega Cobalion can avoid most common forms of status with its fortunate ability and type combination. With great speed, typing, and all-round stats, it can last most of the match tanking hits and practically being immune to SR. Additionally, phenomenal physical defense lets it check common attackers like Talonflame and Azumarill without much worry.

Just to give you an idea of what I have planned for the future, these are my ideas for the other three musketeers:
Mega Terrakion
Type: Rock/Fighting -> Rock/Fighting
Ability: Justfied -> Fire Absorb
New Moves: Glare
Atk: 129 -> 154 (+25)
Def: 90 -> 110 (+20)
SpA: 72 -> 97 (+25)
SpD: 90 -> 110 (+20)

Mega Virizion
Type: Grass/Fighting -> Grass/Fighting
New Moves: Glare, U-Turn, Horn Leech
Def: 72 -> 97 (+25)
SpD: 129 -> 154 (+25)

Mega Keldeo
Type: Water/Fighting -> Water/Fighting
New Moves: U-Turn
Atk: 72 -> 97 (+25)
SpA: 129 -> 154 (+25)

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Mega Braviary

Normal / Flying ----> Flying / Fighting
Sheer Force / Keen Eye / Defiant ----> Aerialate
100 / 123 / 75 / 57 / 75 / 80 (510) ----> 100 / 143 (+20) / 100 (+25) / 57 / 100 (+25) / 110 (+30) (610)
New Moves: Quick Attack

Mega Braviary becomes a very well rounded wall breaker of sorts. With 143 base Attack, Aerialate, and STAB on Fighting-type moves, Mega Braviary can pack a nasty punch, and having 110 base Speed allows him to potentially sweep the competition. The addition of Aerialate Quick Attack allows Mega Braviary to get the jump on faster, frailer opponents, and can finish off weakened foes as well, and with his additional Fighting typing, not only does Mega Braviary get STAB on Superpower, but he also sheds his Stealth Rock weakness, allowing for easier switch-ins. His respectable 100 / 100 / 100 bulk can potentially make defensive sets possible, or better yet, Bulk Up could be used to defend and sweep with a powered up Quick Attack.

Type: Normal/Flying-> Fight/Flying
Ability: Keen Eye/Sheer Force/Defiant-> Tough Claws
New Moves: Close Combat

Atk: 123 -> 140 (+17)
SpA: 57 -> 60 (+3)

Concept: Breaking story - Eagle claws are goddamn tough. The things that they can crack which are harder than your skull are numerous by far!

In less breaking a story, 100 defenses are not to be underestimated, nor is Tough Claws 140 atk when faster than and stronger than Charizard. Of course, you'll kill yourself faster with Brave Bird and Close Combat and Bulk Up is a poor substitute to the Dances. It's not hopeless though, far from it, as Roost will soften your suicidal tendencies. Between the dual STAB of self doom, you can kill plenty, but the defensive boosts are more there so you can burn through them with Close Combat.

I was considering ESpeed, but even the never Super Effective Quick Attack feels too good here as well so enjoy Close Combat alone.

If you want to play with your defenses up, you may.

+1 0 Atk Tough Claws Braviary Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 180-212 (55.5 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
That's the power of a Bulk Up.

0 Atk Tough Claws Braviary Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 612-720 (86.9 - 102.2%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

If you want, you can skim on the offenses to take hits better and play defensively with Defog and Tailwind.

Type: Fire-> Fire/Ground
Ability: Flash Fire/Gluttony/White Smoke-> Dry Skin
New Moves: Scald, Land Power, Earthquake

Atk: 97 -> 114 (+17)
Def: 66 -> 80 (+14)
SpA: 105 -> 130 (+25)
SpD: 66 -> 85 (+19)

Concept: Mega Heatmor is a dirt digging anteater who searches the dryest places on earth for ants. Dry Skin with Fire/Ground seems abusive, but keep in mind, you cannot abuse your power in the sun as well. On the other hand, Heatmor is one of very few fire types to learn Rain Dance. The other learners are either legendary (Moltres, Entei, Ho-oh,) or don't start as a fire type and inherit the ability to learn from their other forms (Flareon, Rotom.) Volcanion should be obvious, but it's a water type.

Heatmor has this unique capacity and while it sounds useless, it should be abused, and could find a unique niche on rain teams much like Moltres does.

On top of that, Rotom-W is absolutely powerless against it unless it painsplits constantly. It cannot use either STAB, and it cannot burn it! It must switch out!

Also, JayEdHankLyon, you wrote Mega Bisharp when you most likely meant Mega Heatmor.

Dilasc, want to compromise on Druddigon and do my stat spread with everything else from yours? Or just change the spread up somewhat because I don't think increasing a base stat by less than 10 has been done.

Mega Briavary
Ability: Keen Eye/Sheer Force/Defiant-> Shock and Awe (moves 120 BP and above boosted by 1.25x, all others do .75 damage)
New Moves: N/A
Atk: 123 -> 158 (+35)
SpA: 57 -> 57
Spe: 80 -> 95 (+15)

Braviary gets as AMURICA as possible. In the home of the brave, you can bet that Mega Braviary's coming with the biggest, hardest, bravest Brave Bird of them all, and Superpower (as in world superpower) gets a nice boost as well - with 252 Attack EVs and a neutral nature it does 95% minimum to standard Blissey. Like America, Mega Braviary is second to none in bringing out the big guns but sometimes doesn't fully take all the consequences into account. In exchange for the massive wallbreaking power its ability (the anti-Technician) grants, your main attacking moves will be causing recoil damage and stat drops left and right.

Ability: Big Pecks/Overcoat/Weak Armor-> Shiver (Intimidate for Special Attack)

Atk: 65 -> 85 (+20)
SpA: 55 -> 75 (+20)
Spe: 80 -> 90 (+10)

Mandibuzz doesn't need too huge of a boost since it's been one of the more reliable Defoggers in OU. It's now basically Dark/Flying Lugia with no Multiscale or Leftovers, so more points than usual were dumped into the offenses to prevent Mega Mandibuzz from walling things too easily. You can also try to take more in the set-up direction by forcing a special attacker out and using Nasty Plot. The ability will be often awesome, but since it also activates Defiant/Competitive it can nudge Mega Mandibuzz away from totally overshadowing regular Mandibuzz as a Defogger (and also a Grass-type check since it can be slept with Sleep Powder/Spore)

Type: Fire-> Fire/Ground
Ability: Flash Fire/Gluttony/White Smoke-> Heat Seek (Fire moves don't miss)
New Moves: Earth Power, Scald
85/97/86/135/106/75
Atk: 97 -> 97
SpA: 105 -> 135 (+30)
SpD: 66 -> 106 (+40)
Spe: 65 -> 75 (+10)

Heatmor, meet Heat Seek. Its stats leave a lot to be desired, so I did what I could to make it viable as a somewhat tanky burn-spreading platform with Inferno. The stat distribution's specialized for something that would be spamming Inferno as often as possible, and I kept it Fire instead of Fire/Fighting with No Guard to make it less bird bait, added more Sp. Def than Defense since it should be burning most things, and kept it moderately slow because adding 40-50 points to make it decently fast would've left it super frail. Nothing likes switching in on a burn, especially when even a Fire resist will be taking at least 20-25% damage in the first place. Heatmor can even stay in on physical Rock/Water types that are burned and try to finish them off with Giga Drain, and it now gets Earth Power and Scald to deal with many Fire types.

For damage output, Inferno from base 135 SpA outdamages Flamethrower from 155 SpA, and that's before the extra 12.5% a burn tacks on:

252+ SpA Heatmor (No Move) vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Kyurem-B: 225-265 (57.5 - 67.7%)
252+ SpA Heatmor Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Kyurem-B: 223-264 (57 - 67.5%)

Ability: Justified -> Justified

Atk: 90 -> 115 (+25)
Def: 129 -> 154 (+25)
SpA: 90 -> 115 (+25)
SpD: 70 -> 95 (+25)
Spe: 108 -> 108

These are the boosts I came up with it for the legendary fighting Megas. Keeping Speed the same sticks out, but if all four are getting parallel boosts, a 130+ Speed Terrakion/Keldeo could be too much and there's not too many things between 108-125 Speed to put just a few points there (and most of the stuff there, like the Latis, have a typing advantage anyways). You can also think of the evolution as the 4 Musketeers crossing swords and giving points from each of their respective stats (Terrakion-Attack, Cobalion-Defense Keldeo-Special Attack, Virizion-Special Defense).

These boosts make Mega Cobalion bulky as hell. With max HP, it survives a Choice Band Flare Blitz from Talonflame. 25 points to Special Defense make that stat quite respectable, especially if Mega Cobalion runs a Calm Mind set. It can be a bulky booster with Swords Dance/Calm Mind, a Stealth Rock-setting pivot, or a mixed attacking tank.

Last edited:
So, the only question I have is since the results came in late today, when should submitting end now?

But, first, let me submit a Mega *dance music starts*

Mega Heatmor
Type: Fire -> Fire/Water
Ability: Flash Fire/Gluttony/White Smoke -> Bug Juice (an ability given to Mega Victreebel, a Water Absorb clone for bug types)
85/97/66/105/66/65 -> 85/97/116/155/96/35
New Moves: Aura Sphere, Scald, Earth Power

So, this is a fun Mega. Instead of trying to kill Durant by overpowering it, it's now really good defensively against its STAB attacks to the point that it won't just care about it being attacked. Thanks to Bug Juice it's immune to Bug-types and with it's typing it's 4x resistant to steel attacks. It's also physically bulky with a strong special attack. While Mega Durant is immune to fire attacks, Scald will mess it up hard.

With the Mega Heatmor here and Mega Durant we have already done, if we giving Mega Heatmor 252 SpAtk and HP, Mega Durant CANNOT OHKO it at all. The best it has against it is Superpower which does at most 57.7%. With the standard EVing for Mega Durant, Mega Heatmor will do at LEAST 98.8% damage to Mega Durant with Scald. And, it has that nifty 30% chance of burns!

It's going to be one of those standard, kind of defensive but very offensive and slow Megas that can't heal itself like we see in Mega Ampharos and Mega Abomasnow.

Mega Braviary (Braviarite)

Normal/Flying ----> Dark/Flying
Keen Eye/Sheer Force/Defiant ----> Intimidate

SpA: 57 -> 67 (+10)
Spe: 80 -> 103 (+23)

New Moves: Night Slash, Foul Play, Dark Pulse

Flavor Concept: Braviary becomes a disgraced warrior, acting as a bogeyman in the night, scaring off the weak willed and the infirm with its now titanic attack and buffed speed tier.

Concept: Braviary is based off of a Native American warrior, so I though what would happen if he was struck from grace and became something of a villain. He becomes much faster and more durable, with Intimidate helping keep his opponents at bay. Night Slash and Fowl Play are for some newly added STAB, and Dark Pulse was added should you (for whatever reason I mean come on) decide to go mixed or special.
Mega Mandibuzz (Mandibuzzite)

Dark/Flying ----> Dark/Flying
Ability: Big Pecks/Overcoat/Weak Armor -> Rattled

Atk: 65 -> 115 (+50)
Def: 105 -> 95 (-10)
SpA: 55 -> 95 (+40)
SpD: 95 -> 85 (-10)

New Moves: Crunch, Night Slash, Iron Head

Flavor Concept: Mandibuzz has fallen on hard times, and has had to become much meaner and more aggressive in order to survive, slimming down and sharpening her beak and talons.

Concept: The stall queen is no more, with a much more aggressive stat spread and a slightly reduced defense, she can't take the hits that she was able to take before. However, with her 115/85/110 offences, she can function as a decent physical attacker, and she's not even all that frail with 110/95/95 defenses either. Crunch and Night Slash are for some stronger physical STABs, and Iron Head is to help her muscle past some of the Fairies that have come up in here. She has Rattled because of her more emaciated frame, and because with her resistances to the three types that activate it she can switch in for a boost to her more than ample speed.
Mega Heatmor (Heatmorite)

Fire ----> Fire/Water
Gluttony/Flash Fire/White Smoke -> Steam Vent (New Ability: Automatically uses the move Haze upon Mega Evolution or switch in.)

Atk: 97 -> 107 (+10)
Def: 66 -> 91 (+25)
SpA: 105 -> 125 (+15)
SpD: 66 -> 91 (+25)
Spe: 65 -> 80 (+25)

New Moves: Scald, Muddy Water

Flavor Concept: Heatmor has become a steam engine, with a misty plume of smoke and steam billowing around it.

Concept: Heatmor can now function as a decent anti-setup sweeper, removing all of their boosts in a single swing and hitting hard with STAB Flamethrowers and Scalds off the now adequate SpA stat, easily spreading burns around like nothing. It can also take a good amount of non-super effective hits off its boosted defenses, and the speed buff can help it tremendously.
Mega Cobalion (Cobalionite)

Steel/Fighting ----> Steel/Fighting
Justified -> Iron Barbs

Atk: 90 -> 107 (+17)
Def: 129 -> 179 (+50)
SpA: 90 -> 107 (+17)
SpD: 72 -> 98 (+26)
Spe: 108 -> 98 (-10)

New Moves: Iron Defense

Flavor Concept: Cobalion's armor takes on a thicker, bulkier appearance, with spikes and spines all across it. He also becomes much more durable, with a massive defense boost and Iron Barbs as his ability to deter physical attackers away.

Concept: Cobalion can now take the roll of a premier physical wall, with a huge Def stat and passable SpD, and with mixed offenses of 107/107/98, he can do some decent damage. The Spe drop is to represent the weight of his new armor, and Iron Defense was added to take his walling capabilities to new heights!

Hey guys, I've been lurking this thread for a little while and I figured that now would seem like a good time to join up and add my two cents. Let me know what you think please, I'd love to hear some feedback! :D

Last edited:

Flavor Concept: Braviary becomes a disgraced warrior, acting as a bogeyman in the night, scaring off the weak willed and the infirm with its now titanic attack and buffed speed tier.

Concept: Braviary is based off of a Native American warrior, so I though what would happen if he was struck from grace and became something of a villain. He becomes much faster and more durable, with Intimidate helping keep his opponents at bay. Night Slash and Fowl Play are for some newly added STAB, and Dark Pulse was added should you (for whatever reason I mean come on) should decide to go mixed or special.

Atk: 65 -> 100 (+35)
SpA: 55 -> 100 (+45)
SpD: 95 -> 95

New Moves: none

Flavor Concept: Mandibuzz has fallen on hard times, and has had to become much meaner and more aggressive in order to survive, slimming down and sharpening her beak and talons.

Concept: The stall queen is no more, with a much more aggressive stat spread and a slightly reduced defense, she can't take the hits that she was able to take before. However, with her 100/100/110 offences, she can function as a decent mixed wallbreaker, and she's not even all that frail with 110/95/95 defenses either. I didn't give her any new moves because, she actually has a fairly decent special movepool, and can make good use of it with her buffed attacking stats. She has Rattled because of her more emaciated frame, and because with her resistances to the three types that activate it she can switch in for a boost to her more than ample speed.

Fire ----> Fire/Water
Gluttony/Flash Fire/White Smoke -> Steam Vent (New Ability: Automatically uses the move Haze upon Mega Evolution or switch in.)

New Moves: Scald, Haze, Water Sport

Flavor Concept: Heatmor has become a steam engine, with a misty plume of smoke and steam billowing around it.

Concept: Heatmor can now function as a decent anti-setup sweeper, removing all of their boosts in a single swing and hitting hard with STAB Flamethrowers and Scalds off the now adequate SpA stat, easily spreading burns around like nothing. It can also take a good amount of non-super effective hits off its boosted defenses, and the speed buff can help it tremendously.

Justified -> Iron Barbs

Flavor Concept: Cobalion's armor takes on a thicker, bulkier appearance, with spikes and spines all across it. He also becomes much more durable, with a massive defense boost and Iron Barbs as his ability to deter physical attackers away.

Concept: Cobalion can now take the roll of a premier physical wall, with a huge Def stat and passable SpD, and with mixed offenses of 107/107/98, he can do some decent damage. The Spe drop is to represent the weight of his new armor, and Iron Defense was added to take his walling capabilities to new heights!

Hey guys, I've been lurking this thread for a little while and I figured that now would seem like a good time to join up and add my two cents. Let me know what you think please, I'd love to hear some feedback! :D
A lot of people don't like making megas dark type without a pre-existing flavor reason(also bravairy is the valiant pokemon).

Heatmor (Heatmorite)
Type: Fire -> Fire/Ground
Abilities: Gluttony, Flash Fire (White Smoke) -> Dirt Chew (ability i didn't make) (Ground-type water absorb, restores health when hit by a Ground move including status moves.)
New Moves: Swords Dance, Earthquake, Earth Power
Atk: 97 -> 127 (+20)
SpA: 105 -> 155 (+50)
SpD: 66 -> 106 (+40)
Spe: 65 -> 35 (-30)
BST: 484 -> 584

Mega Heatmor, frustrated by an immunity Mega Durant developed (completely out of nowhere) to its main mode of attack, haphazardly tears up colonies. Competitively it leaves it with a single (4x) weakness to Water.

Braviary (Braviarynite)
Type: Normal/Flying -> Fighting/Flying
Abilities: Keen Eye, Sheer Force (Defiant) -> Sheer Force
New Moves: Earthquake, Blaze Kick

Atk: 123 -> 173 (+50)
Def: 75 -> 95 (+20)
SpA: 57 -> 57
SpD: 75 -> 105 (+30)
Spe: 80 -> 80
BST: 510 -> 610

Braviary becomes powerful and bulky, and Bulk Up with attacks boosted by Sheer Force it can do some real damage.

Mandibuzz (Mandibuzzite)
Abilities: Big Pecks, Overcoat (Weak Armor) -> Overcoat
New Moves: Earth Power, Sludge Bomb

Atk: 65 -> 65
Def: 105 -> 135 (+30)
SpA: 55 -> 85 (+40)
SpD: 95 -> 125 (+30)
Spe: 80 -> 80
BST: 510 -> 610

Mandibuzz doesn't need much to make it better, as it already is solidly OU. It gains some standard stat boosts, the special attack allows it to use Nasty Plot decently.

Cobalion (Cobalionite)
Abilities: Justified -> Justified
New Moves: King's Shield, Automotize

Def: 129 -> 159 (+30)
SpD: 72 -> 92 (+20)
BST: 580 -> 680

King's Shield allows Cobalion to function as a full stop to physical attackers.
It's also the only new Steel move I could give it that both fits it and would be usable. Everything else is just a natural boost to its stats, allowing to to be even better at what it does.

Terrakion (Terrakionite)
Type: Rock/Fighting -> Rock/Fighting
New Moves: King's Shield, Head Smash

Atk: 129 -> 159 (+30)
SpA: 72 -> 92 (+20)

Virizion (Virizionite)
Type: Grass/Fighting -> Grass/Fighting
New Moves: King's Shield, Leech Seed

Def: 72 -> 92 (+20)
SpD: 129 -> 159 (+30)

Keldeo (Keldeonite)
Type: Water/Fighting -> Water/Fighting
New Moves: King's Shield, Whirlpool

Atk: 72 -> 92 (+20)
SpA: 129 -> 159 (+30)

Last edited:

Concept: Braviary is based off of a Native American warrior, so I though what would happen if he was struck from grace and became something of a villain. He becomes much faster and more durable, with Intimidate helping keep his opponents at bay. Night Slash and Fowl Play are for some newly added STAB, and Dark Pulse was added should you (for whatever reason I mean come on) decide to go mixed or special.

Atk: 65 -> 100 (+35)
SpA: 55 -> 100 (+45)
SpD: 95 -> 95

New Moves: none

Concept: The stall queen is no more, with a much more aggressive stat spread and a slightly reduced defense, she can't take the hits that she was able to take before. However, with her 100/100/110 offences, she can function as a decent mixed wallbreaker, and she's not even all that frail with 110/95/95 defenses either. I didn't give her any new moves because, she actually has a fairly decent special movepool, and can make good use of it with her buffed attacking stats. She has Rattled because of her more emaciated frame, and because with her resistances to the three types that activate it she can switch in for a boost to her more than ample speed.

Fire ----> Fire/Water

New Moves: Scald, Haze, Water Sport

Justified -> Iron Barbs

Welcome to the project! I particularly like your Cobalion and Braviary submissions. A few constructive criticisms about the others: For the sake of the coders, try to avoid giving Pokemon certain moves just for flavor. For example, Heatmor is never going to run Water Sport or Haze, so just give it Scald. As for Mandibuzz, I seriously doubt that those offenses will be wallbreaking any time soon without a Life Orb or extremely powerful attacks like V-Create or Bolt Strike. Try to at least give every Mega a niche in OU, no matter how small. Other than that, it's always great to have new faces! :D

Mega Mandibuzz
Ability: Big Pecks/Overcoat/Weak Armor -> Gale Wings
New Moves: Feather Dance

Atk: 65 -> 85 (+20)
SpA: 55 -> 70 (+15)
SpD: 95 -> 135 (+40)
Spe: 80

Concept: Despite having no attacking stats whatsoever, Mandibuzz is a unique Gale Winger who wishes it instead had Prankster. Gale Wings gives it 5 support options with priority: Feather Dance, Roost, Defog, Tailwind and Mirror Move (why would you ever use this?!)

That said, you could always go for a surprise Brave Bird since you'll probably have the health to take it, and Air Slash is hax... but why not use your actual talents.

The real thing is a pseudo prankster. Feather Dance is a burn of sorts that doesn't disturb your other status effects, and will easily force that Dragonite or Tyranitar to switch out... and they should, since the next move is probably toxic... or is it Defog? Maybe you can setup Tailwind, and they certainly don't want your sweeper to have that boost. Granted, all of this comes at the cost of an item and weather will now wear you down. Beware taunts that outspeed you, this move is the reason prankster was out of the question.

Dilasc, want to compromise on Druddigon and do my stat spread with everything else from yours? Or just change the spread up somewhat because I don't think increasing a base stat by less than 10 has been done.
I could be up for something like that. There certainly things we could combine, namely Coil is pretty much better than Hone Claws in every way, but I never considered Drain Punch.

Honestly, I don't see a problem with versions X and Y, but herein lies a question: two winners could easily mean 6 new moves... this can be very dangerous on the right or wrong pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)