Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya beat me to it. And with regards to Prankster Malamar, I hope ours are different enough to be present in the same slate.
I'd say they definitely are. Mine is arguably worse, with worse typing and no Scald, but that's what I prefer, because Prankster TT and Prankster D Bond on the same set is super good and Malamar needs no more favors after that lest it get banned.

Type: Poison/Dragon -> Poison/Dragon
Ability: Poison Point/Poison Touch/Adaptability -> Inner Peace (Prevents self inflicted stat lowering and non-recoil based self damage.)
New Moves: Overheat, Close Combat, Slack Off

HP: 65 -> 65
Atk: 75 -> 90 (+15)
Def: 90 -> 140 (+50)
SpA: 97 -> 137 (+40)
SpD: 123 -> 133 (+10)
Spe: 44 -> 29 (-15)

Concept: While Contrary would be a nice/broken fit here, this is a tamer version. A mixed attacker with mixed walling potential. The STAB combo is weak, however, so use carefully. If you choose dual STAB/Fire, you're walled by Heatran, if you choose Close Combat, then you're splitting EVs and still using a stat of 90. There's 4MSS here. You might want to try a Toxic Spiker or a Trick Room Draco

Type: Rock/Water -> Rock/Water
Abilities: Sniper, Tough Claws (Pickpocket) -> Tough Claws
New Moves: Crab Hammer, Super Power
HP: 72 -> 72
Atk: 105 -> 135 (+30)
Def: 115 -> 130 (+15)
SpA: 54 -> 64 (+10)
SpD: 86 -> 116 (+30)
Spe: 68 -> 83 (+15)

Crabhammer doesn't make a ton of sense, but barnacles are indeed crustaceans just like crabs and it has... claws? Uh, waterfall would be too predictable here anyway. Crabhammer is literally a better Water Type Stone Edge, so it's not the biggest gain in the world. It's still nice. Barbaracle can use Super Power, begging any form of Priority to revenge kill it and forcing it to cut into its killing power... can you dare get a second Smash safely? The only priority it's weak to is Fight type, but the only priority it resists is Talonflame and Ice Shard. A neutral Bullet/Sucker Punch from the right foe will undoubtedly kill at -2 which ... even -1.

+2 252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. -1 4 HP / 0 Def Barbaracle: 334-394 (116.7 - 137.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 44+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. -2 4 HP / 0 Def Barbaracle: 331-391 (115.7 - 136.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Of course, Barby here is a death machine on the rocks! You'll need to predict his move and switch in the right counter carefully.

Type: Dark/Psychic-> Dark/Psychic
Ability: Suction Cups/Contrary/Infiltrator-> Adaptability
New Moves: Sucker Punch, Overheat, Poison Jab

HP: 86 -> 86
Atk: 92 -> 117 (+40)
Def: 88 -> 108 (+20)
SpA: 68 -> 88 (+20)
SpD: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Spe: 73 -> 73

Concept: So here's Malamar doing something different, using 'Bulk Up' before going mega to Sucker Punch EVERYTHING with an adaptability boost! You could alternatively use Overheat to try going Special... it's still on the slow side, so be careful.

Typing: Fairy -> Fairy/Ice
Ability: Sweet Veil/Unburden--> Refrigerate
New Moves: Ice Shard, Hyper Voice
HP: 82 -> 82
Atk: 80 -> 95 (+15)
Def: 86 -> 111 (+25)
SpA: 85 -> 100 (+15)
SpD: 75 -> 110 (+35)
Spe: 72 -> 82 (+10)

Concept: Surpluff is goddamn ICECREAM! CAN YOU NOT SEE THE LIKENESS?! Put that shit in the freezer, refrigeration is not good enough, but it'll have to do. WARNING: Do not cover in chocolate syrup!

No Unburden... just use Ice Shard! At +6 with decent coverage, you'll kill things. Watch out for Bullet Punches. Refrigerate adds tons of coverage.

Mega Mantine, giving Slurpuff Drain Punch would make its Unburden Belly Drum set WAY too good. Also, Dragalge is Poison/Dragon, not Dragon/Poison, so you can't change the Poison typing (no non-flyer has ever had its primary type changed).

But most importantly, I mentioned No Guard in discussion, so sorry that my submission for Barbar is similar to yours, but there's evidence that I'm not taking your idea, so yay.
I know how annoying it is to have other people steal an idea, so I decided to change both of them.

Speaking of which, I have the rest of the slates planned out so I'm really not taking from anyone else. I know that's an issue as we have to avoid similar submissions.

Last edited:
Mega Dragalge
Ability: Poison Point/Poison Touch/Adaptability -> Tempest (automatically uses the move Twister when switching in/Mega Evolving)
New Moves: N/A

Atk: 75 -> 85 (+10)
Def: 90 -> 120 (+30)
SpA: 97 -> 122 (+25)
SpD: 123 -> 153 (+30)
Spe: 44 -> 44

Concept: The tales told of ships that venture into Dragalge-occupied seas never to return were partially correct: in those instances, it was actually the previously-undiscovered Mega Dragalge that was causing such sudden and violent storms.

Once you Mega Evolve Dragalge, it's capable of announcing its presence on the field with invaluable chip damage.
252+ SpA Dragalge Twister vs. 252 HP / 104+ SpD Mew: 57-67 (14.1 - 16.5%)
This ability makes Mega Dragalge an incredible revenge killer, as it is capable of KOing a weakened Pokemon without necessitating the sacrifice of one of your own; if a Mega Charizard X is sitting around at half health, just switching in Mega Dragalgae is a free KO. Even if Tempest's Twister won't deal critical damage to an opponent, its flinch chance gives Mega Dragalge a 20% chance of switching in for free, and with a rare set of resistances, Toxic immunity and good bulk, switching in on a lot of things won't be a risky proposition to begin with.

Once the initial storm has settled, Mega Dragalge's not brokenly good. When it comes time to stay on the battlefield, Dragalge's perfectly decent, but not amazing in any one regard. Draco Meteor ties in well to its hit-and-run ability, Sludge Bomb obviously punishes Fairies, and it can also set up and absorb Toxic Spikes. However, even fully-invested base 122 Special Attack with no boosting item behind it isn't putting an incredible amount of fear into defensive Pokemon. 65 base HP mitigates its outstanding defenses; even when fully invested in bulk, Mega Dragalge won't be surviving the STAB Earthquakes, Draco Meteors and Outrages of OU's titans. Its glacial speed and lack of recovery means that it will eventually be worn down from repeatedly switching in and out.

Switching in and then using Draco Meteor grants 170 BP worth of STAB Dragon moves, so I didn't want to make the Special Attack too high. Thought of dumping the last 10 points into Speed so it could outpace a few more walls with some investment, but the difference isn't too big (it only takes 50 EVs to outpace a base 50 Speed Pokemon like Chansey) and it prevents the slowest dragon from getting "worse" in Trick Room.

Last edited:
I know how annoying it is to have other people steal an idea, so I decided to change both of them.

Speaking of which, I have the rest of the slates planned out so I'm really not taking from anyone else. I know that's an issue as we have to avoid similar submissions.
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you stole my idea, I just wanted to be sure you knew I didn't steal yours! I also have future slates set, so it'll be fun to see what we've got in common!

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Mega Slurpuff
Typing: Same
Abillity: Sweet Veil/Unburden --> Sheer Force
Stats: 82/80/86/85/75/72 --> 82/115/96/125/85/92
New Moves: Moonblast, Zen Headbutt

Mega Slurpuff is a quite nice offensive pokemon. It can run a physical belly drum set, a Calm Mind + 3 Attacks set, and an all around special attacking set, or even mixed. Its got an excellent ability to boost the power of both its STAB and some of its coverage. While this may all seem to be quite broken, its not really as Slurpuff is not exactly in the best speed tier in the world, also its Belly Drum set relies on innacurate moves. While Mega Slurpuff obviously has its downsides, it is definitely able to make up for them.

Mega Malamar
Typing: Dark/Psychic --> Dark/Fighting
Ability: Suction Cups/Contrary/Infiltrator --> Contrary
Stats: 86/92/88/68/75/73 --> 86/122/108/83/90/93
New Moves: Close Combat

Mega Malamar can now preform the role that regular Malamar never could, as a Contrary Sweeper. It has powerful STAB in the form of both Close Combat and Superpower which both raise its stats in both great and different ways, both increase its defense stat while Superpower increases its Attack and Close Combat increases its Special Defense stat. Both of these can be used differently, Superpower can be used on the more pure offensive sets and Close Combat can be used on more Bulky set.

Mega Barbaracle
Ability: Sniper/Tough Claws/Pickpocket --> Compoundeyes
Stats: 72/105/115/54/86/68 --> 72/145/130/54/101/98

Mega Barbaracle has not really changed to much from its base form, its mainly just a stat increase. However, the other thing it has changed its ability, and oh boy does this help it out. Theoretically, Mega Barbaracle is now the only Pokemon with a Stone Edge with the base accuracy of 100%, top that on another base 100% accurate move in the form of Cross Chop and you got a Pokemon with amazing stab and coverage, and you got a great Pokemon. Its Shell Smash set is also quite nice, with very powerful coverage moves, pretty slow before it mega evolves, and quite bulky after. Its still got a god awful typing, although it definitely can make up for it.

Mega Dragalge
Type: Poison / Dragon --> Poison / Dragon
Abilities: Poison Point / Poison Touch / Adaptability [HA] --> Radiation Poisoning (Adjacent Pokemon have a 50% chance at the end of each round to be afflicted with Bad Poison.)

Stats:

65 / 75 / 90 / 97 / 123 / 44 --> 65 / 85 [+10] / 120 [+30] / 147 [+50] / 133 [+10] / 44

Flavor:

Will expand upon it later.

Competitive Reasoning:

Dragalge now becomes quite the formidable foe, with its new ability coupled with improved stats granting it a unique niche as an unparalleled wall/stallbreaker (and a pretty good tank.) due to the constant poisoning of its foes, allowing it to wear down even the bulkiest of walls when coupled with its constant onslaught of its high-powered STABs and coverage attacks. Plus Venoshock is now a somewhat reliable option.

This will be expanded upon as well.

And as always I can fiddle with this if needed, not sure if 50% bpoison chance is too high or if I gave it too much satk, so let me know if this is unbalanced, is that is the last thing that I would want.

Type: Dark/Psychic (no change)
Ability: Suction Cups/Contrary (Infiltrator) -> Regenerator
Movepool Additions: Gastro Acid, U-turn, Recover

HP: 86 -> 86 (+0)
Atk: 92 -> 92 (+0)
Def: 88 -> 125 (+37)
SpA: 68 -> 78 (+10)
SpD: 75 -> 115 (+40)
Spe: 73 -> 86 (+13)

"It lures its prey close with hypnotic motions, then wraps its tentacles around it before finishing it off with digestive fluids." This explains gastro acid, which I was surprised it didn't learn naturally. U-turn to make regenerator better. This may seem odd, but it is odd for Clawitzer and Whimsicott to get U-turn also. Recover to make it a little bit better by increasing its longevity (unless the opponent has U-turn.) Recover actually somewhat makes sense, as some squids, such as the Architeuthis (giant squid) can regenerate their tentacles.

I increased its defenses to make it somewhat good as a bulky Regenerator pokemon. Its speed makes it possible to outspeed Heracross, and it can tie with the Rotom Forms.

Type: Poison/Dragon -> Poison/Water
Ability: Poison Point/Poison Touch (Adaptability) -> Corrosion (Look at OP for description)
New Moves: Acid Spray

Atk: 75 -> 80 (+5)
Def: 90 -> 105 (+15)
SpA: 97 -> 147 (+50)
Spe: 44 -> 64 (+20)

It shoots acid that can bore through a tanker, so why not give it Corrosion and Acid Spray. I made it somewhat of a tank, as it is semi-bulky and it has a really high SpA stat. I originally had it have +10 speed, but then I looked at Valmanway's submission and I didn't want ours to have the same ability and one of the same stat bonuses, so I decided to make it +20. I changed it to Poison/Water, as it is a better defensive typing, lives in water, and it evolves from a water type pokemon.

Type: Rock/Water (no change)
Abilities: Sniper/Tough Claws (Pickpocket) -> Brute Force (Look in OP for description)
New Moves: Aqua Jet, Drain Punch (Tell me if either of these two moves should be removed, as giving both mega Barbaracle and regular Barbaracle a STAB priority move and a draining move makes it seem pretty over powered)

Atk: 105 -> 145 (+40)
Def: 115 -> 105 (-10)
SpD: 86 -> 86
Spe: 68 -> 128 (+60)

I really wanted to change the typing, but I couldn't find a typing that would make sense. The only possible change, I think, would've been Rock/Fighting, and I don't really like that idea. I gave it aqua jet for a priority move and drain punch because it already has one punching move, power up punch. Tell me if these moves or the stats make it too OP please. I gave it brute force because its name derives from barbarian or barbaric, and barbarians are generally considered uncivilized brutes. Besides, physical scald and ice beam are awesome. I gave it -10 Def because barbarians, as mentioned before, are considered brutish marauders. Not necessarily known for guarding themselves. The huge increase in speed is so that you don't have to shell smash to destroy things.

This seems too overpowered to me, so once again I will say this. Tell me if you think any of this is too OP, and tell me what I might be able to change.

I'm just not going to do Slurpuff because I have no ideas for it.

Oh look at that. It's time for the next slate to end. It seems like there wasn't much submitting this time around. I was a little disappointed, but at the same time, it's a bit too late for me to figure out what to submit myself. Besides, I noticed most of the normal submitters here.

Either way, PM your top 3 to The Pizza Man

Current Slate

Mega Dragalge
Ability: Poison Point/Poison Touch/Adaptability -> Adaptability
New Moves: Flamethrower, Fire Blast

Atk: 75 -> 107 (+32)
SpA: 97 -> 135 (+38)
SpD: 123 -> 123

Flavor Concept: It already gets cool coverage with the likes of Thunderbolt, so Fire type attacks are hardly unjustified. It’s a dragon, so it can shoot fire from its snout.

Competitive Concept: Adaptability tank with cool coverage interesting utility. Sludge Bomb/Fire Blast/Draco Meteor/Scald provides perfect neutral coverage and immense power.

Mega Dragalge
Dragon / Poison ----> Dragon / Poison
Poison Point / Poison Touch / Adaptability ----> Corrosion
65 / 75 / 90 / 97 / 123 / 44 (494) ----> 65 / 75 / 120 (+30) / 127 (+30) / 143 (+30) / 54 (+10) (594)
New Moves: Aqua Ring

"Their poison is strong enough to eat through the hull of a tanker, and they spit it indiscriminately at anything that enters their territory." Okay, how could I not give him Corrosion?

Mega Dragalge is designed to be a bulky tank that can hit back hard. Thanks to Corrosion, Dragalge now has great neutral coverage with his STABs alone, making his job of damaging foes easier. The Pokemon that do happen to resist the coverage are neutral to Scald, so you can use the 4th moveslot for Aqua Ring to keep your longevity, or perhaps you can use Toxic Spikes to wear down foes more easily, though Scald can do that just fine. The extra bit put into Speed helps to outrun Azumarill that don't invest in Speed, and the rest of the stat boosts are pretty straightforwa

Dragalge (Dragalgenite)
Abilities: Poison Point, Poison Touch (Adaptability) -> Levitate
New Moves: Thunder Wave, Fire Blast
Atk: 75 -> 75
SpA: 97 -> 117 (+20)
SpD: 123 -> 173 (+50)
BST: 494 -> 594

One major issue with Dragalge is a weakness to Earthquake, hitting it on its weqker physical side. Levitate changes it into a useful immunity.

Mega Dragalge
Ability: Poison Point/Poison Touch/Adaptability -> Looming (+1 priority to all Dragon-type moves)

Atk: 75 -> 72 (+0)
SpA: 97 -> 127 (+30)
Spe: 44 -> 34 (-10)

Flavor Concept: Dragalge becomes even more spindly and terrifying and grows many more fake leaves.

Competitive Concept: Mega Goodra is a Dragon mon specializing in Special Defense, and has a BST of 700 to Mega Dragalge’s 594 (including a far superior HP stat). This isn’t the first time Dragalge has been shafted: we’re talking about a pokemon whose final level-up move is, erm, Twister. What’s a Mock Kelp to do?

I gave a lot of consideration to a lot of abilities Dragalge could get. Protean came to mind as a flavor-filled defensive tool, but it’s just too slow to use properly and would end up similar to Color Change Kecleon, gimmicky and easily outplayed by the opponent. An ability that automatically poisons opponents on the switch or guaranteed poison on contact sounded promising, allowing it a niche of near-guaranteed Venom Drench and Venoshock, but even that didn’t sound good enough for this poor soul (I do want to try it on something else, though).

But then I thought, hey, this is a camouflage-based sea pokemon, but it’s also an incredibly deadly predator. In the wild, such predators can stay perfectly slow and still and blend into their surroundings, but when they strike it’s hard and it’s fast.

So, to give Dragalge a considerable niche over its slimy cousin, I’ve given it Looming, the Dragon-type Gale Wings. And holy crow does it do wonders. Even at a wretched base 34 speed, nothing says terror like priority Draco Meteor off a base 127 Special Attack. Dragalge is a dragon that eats other dragons for breakfast, and can singlehandedly turn the tide against the likes of Charizard and Garchomp. Moreover, its STAB Sludge Bomb/Wave takes care of the Fairies that laugh at Dragon type moves, and Flamethrower/Fire Blast handles Steel. But that’s not all: with Scald, Toxic, Toxic Spikes, Dragon Tail, and Haze, Dragalge can have all sorts of utility fun once its Special Attack is whittled away. Of course, Dragon Pulse is also an option for sustained attacks, but the sheer power of Draco Meteor is too good to pass up.

While Sludge Bomb/Wave does take care of Fairies better, I've also gifted Dragalge with Acid Spray to seriously mess with opponents. Whenever Dragalge switches in, it certainly might attack with Draco Meteor's might, but it could also predict a switch and, assuming no Steels are there to ruin your day (thank god for Steels keeping Dragalge from being OP) it can use Acid Spray to make the switch-in hit even harder by Draco Meteor. With hazards on the stage (including potentially Toxic Spikes, which Dragalge itself can lay) Dragalge is a serious terror on the field. A set like Draco Meteor/Acid Spray/Focus Blast/Toxic Spikes could make for some wonderful mindfuckery.

Dragalge is kept at bay by the aforementioned Steel type, but also its terrible speed, inability to boost or heal itself, and weakness to common moves like Earthquake and Ice Beam that, even with its great bulk, eventually take their toll. But regardless, let me repeat: priority Draco Meteor. We needed something radical to distinguish it from Goodra, and by god, radical is what we’ve got.

(Oh, also, fun fact: if the programming gives EVERY Dragon move +1 priority, then Dragalge’s Dragon Tail joins Prankster Roar/Whirlwind among the fastest phaze moves in the game, for whatever that’s worth.)

Mega Dragalge
Ability: Poison Point/Poison Touch/Adaptability -> Inner Peace (Prevents self inflicted stat lowering and non-recoil based self damage.)
New Moves: Overheat, Close Combat, Slack Off

Atk: 75 -> 90 (+15)
Def: 90 -> 140 (+50)
SpA: 97 -> 137 (+40)
Spe: 44 -> 29 (-15)

Concept: While Contrary would be a nice/broken fit here, this is a tamer version. A mixed attacker with mixed walling potential. The STAB combo is weak, however, so use carefully. If you choose dual STAB/Fire, you're walled by Heatran, if you choose Close Combat, then you're splitting EVs and still using a stat of 90. There's 4MSS here. You might want to try a Toxic Spiker or a Trick Room Draco

Mega Dragalge
Ability: Poison Point/Poison Touch/Adaptability -> Tempest (automatically uses the move Twister when switching in/Mega Evolving)

Atk: 75 -> 85 (+10)
SpA: 97 -> 122 (+25)

Concept: The tales told of ships that venture into Dragalge-occupied seas never to return were partially correct: in those instances, it was actually the previously-undiscovered Mega Dragalge that was causing such sudden and violent storms.

Once you Mega Evolve Dragalge, it's capable of announcing its presence on the field with invaluable chip damage.
252+ SpA Dragalge Twister vs. 252 HP / 104+ SpD Mew: 57-67 (14.1 - 16.5%)
This ability makes Mega Dragalge an incredible revenge killer, as it is capable of KOing a weakened Pokemon without necessitating the sacrifice of one of your own; if a Mega Charizard X is sitting around at half health, just switching in Mega Dragalgae is a free KO. Even if Tempest's Twister won't deal critical damage to an opponent, its flinch chance gives Mega Dragalge a 20% chance of switching in for free, and with a rare set of resistances, Toxic immunity and good bulk, switching in on a lot of things won't be a risky proposition to begin with.

Once the initial storm has settled, Mega Dragalge's not brokenly good. When it comes time to stay on the battlefield, Dragalge's perfectly decent, but not amazing in any one regard. Draco Meteor ties in well to its hit-and-run ability, Sludge Bomb obviously punishes Fairies, and it can also set up and absorb Toxic Spikes. However, even fully-invested base 122 Special Attack with no boosting item behind it isn't putting an incredible amount of fear into defensive Pokemon. 65 base HP mitigates its outstanding defenses; even when fully invested in bulk, Mega Dragalge won't be surviving the STAB Earthquakes, Draco Meteors and Outrages of OU's titans. Its glacial speed and lack of recovery means that it will eventually be worn down from repeatedly switching in and out.

Switching in and then using Draco Meteor grants 170 BP worth of STAB Dragon moves, so I didn't want to make the Special Attack too high. Thought of dumping the last 10 points into Speed so it could outpace a few more walls with some investment, but the difference isn't too big (it only takes 50 EVs to outpace a base 50 Speed Pokemon like Chansey) and it prevents the slowest dragon from getting "worse" in Trick Room.

Mega Dragalge
Type: Poison / Dragon --> Poison / Dragon
Abilities: Poison Point / Poison Touch / Adaptability [HA] --> Radiation Poisoning (Adjacent Pokemon have a 50% chance at the end of each round to be afflicted with Bad Poison.)

Stats:

65 / 75 / 90 / 97 / 123 / 44 --> 65 / 85 [+10] / 120 [+30] / 147 [+50] / 133 [+10] / 44

Flavor:

Will expand upon it later.

Competitive Reasoning:

Dragalge now becomes quite the formidable foe, with its new ability coupled with improved stats granting it a unique niche as an unparalleled wall/stallbreaker (and a pretty good tank.) due to the constant poisoning of its foes, allowing it to wear down even the bulkiest of walls when coupled with its constant onslaught of its high-powered STABs and coverage attacks. Plus Venoshock is now a somewhat reliable option.

This will be expanded upon as well.

And as always I can fiddle with this if needed, not sure if 50% bpoison chance is too high or if I gave it too much satk, so let me know if this is unbalanced, is that is the last thing that I would want.

Type: Poison/Dragon -> Poison/Water
Ability: Poison Point/Poison Touch (Adaptability) -> Corrosion (Look at OP for description)

Atk: 75 -> 80 (+5)
Def: 90 -> 105 (+15)
SpA: 97 -> 147 (+50)
Spe: 44 -> 64 (+20)

It shoots acid that can bore through a tanker, so why not give it Corrosion and Acid Spray. I made it somewhat of a tank, as it is semi-bulky and it has a really high SpA stat. I originally had it have +10 speed, but then I looked at Valmanway's submission and I didn't want ours to have the same ability and one of the same stat bonuses, so I decided to make it +20. I changed it to Poison/Water, as it is a better defensive typing, lives in water, and it evolves from a water type pokemon.

Mega Slurpuff
Type: Fairy -> Fairy/Grass
Ability: Sweet Veil/Unburden -> Pixie Dust (Fairy-type moves get +1 priority)
New Moves: None

Atk: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Def: 86 -> 116 (+30)
SpA: 85 -> 115 (+30)
SpD: 75 -> 85 (+10)

Flavor Concept: Slurpuff gets a bunch of Grass type moves by level-up, so it becomes the Grass type upon Mega evolution. Additionally, its stone contains pixie dust, which allows it to use priority Fairy-type attacks.

Competitive Concept: Belly Drum sweeper with priority of ridiculously good typing and power. Mega Slurpuff can sweep through most offensive teams, though it struggles against common opponents like Talonflame and Mega Scizor, both of which can strike with supereffective priority. Additionally, several Poison types can tank a Play Rough and strike back with a 4x effective attack. While it requires a great amount of support, Mega Slurpuff is an enormous threat that should not be ignored. Alternatively, a Calm Mind set may be run to capitalize on its higher Special attack stat. BD/PR/Return/Flamethrower and CM/DG/EBall/Flamethrower will probably be its best sets.

Slurpuff (Slurpuffite)
Type: Fairy -> Fairy
Abilities: Sweet Veil (Unburden) -> Simple
New Moves: Swords Dance, Aura Sphere

Atk: 80 -> 110 (+30)
Def: 86 -> 106 (+20)
SpA: 85 -> 115 (+30)
SpD: 75 -> 105 (+30)
Spe: 72 -> 62 (-10)
BST: 480 -> 580

Slurpuff is used mainly as a sweeper due to its Unburden ability along with access to Calm Mind and Belly Drum. However, there isn't really any way to make that work due to mega stones. Instead, Slurpuff acts as a slow, bulky attacker. With Cotton Guard and Calm Mind, it becomes unbreakable. Its Fairy/Fire coverage it resisted only by opposing Fire-types, and in OU that's limited to Heatran (others take neutral damage from Fairy). Meanwhile, Swords Dance is much better for Mega Slurpuff than for regular Slurpuff, so it is an option.

Mega Slurpuff
Typing: Fairy -> Fairy/Fire
Ability: Sweet Veil/Unburden--> Sweet Veil
New Moves: Moonblast (sort of absurd it doens't already get it)
Atk: 80 -> 80 (+0)
Def: 86 -> 126 (+40)
SpA: 85 -> 125 (+40)
Spe: 72 -> 72 (+0)

Flavor Concept: Sweet Slurpuff gets the flambé treatment, and sporadically spouts into flame.

Competitive Concept: Slurpuff already has a fantastic Belly Drum Unburden set, but Unburden can hardly be used by a Mega form. Thus, I’ve given it a new role as Calm Mind master, with a nifty 125 Special Attack and 85/126/95 defenses that maximize Calm Mind’s effectiveness (and nicely reflects standard Slurp’s base stat arrangement). Moreover, its new Fire typing is a great boon offensively (Fairy/Fire is resisted only by fellow Fire-types, and with Thunderbolt in the mix it’s only walled by Camerupt and Rotom-H) and defensively (Fairy/Fire resists Fire, Grass, Ice, Fighting, Dark, Bug (x4), and is immune to Dragon, giving plenty of switch-in opportunities so long as hazards are kept at bay). Thanks to Sweet Veil, Slurpuff is now immune to both Sleep and Burn, making it that much harder to take down.

If you don’t mind having others take care of your fiery foes, Slurpuff can also opt for a Moonblast/Flamethrower/Calm Mind/Wish set to keep itself alive and well as it boosts away. Despite a few new weaknesses to Water, Ground, and Rock, Mega Slurpuff greatly appreciates the ability to switch in and threaten/set up on the likes of Scizor, Heatran (if it uses Thunderbolt), Dragonite, Ferrothorn, Mawile, Bisharp, and Breloom (good luck with Spore on the switch, buddy).

Mega Slurpuff
Typing: Fairy -> Fairy/Ice
Ability: Sweet Veil/Unburden--> Refrigerate
New Moves: Ice Shard, Hyper Voice
Atk: 80 -> 95 (+15)
Def: 86 -> 111 (+25)
SpA: 85 -> 100 (+15)
SpD: 75 -> 110 (+35)

Concept: Surpluff is goddamn ICECREAM! CAN YOU NOT SEE THE LIKENESS?! Put that shit in the freezer, refrigeration is not good enough, but it'll have to do. WARNING: Do not cover in chocolate syrup!

No Unburden... just use Ice Shard! At +6 with decent coverage, you'll kill things. Watch out for Bullet Punches. Refrigerate adds tons of coverage.

Mega Slurpuff
Type: Fairy
Ability: Sheer Force
Stats: 82/80/86/85/75/72>>>82/80/96/135/105/82
Movepool: +Moonblast +Shadow Ball

Mega Slurpuff
Abillity: Sweet Veil/Unburden --> Sheer Force
Stats: 82/80/86/85/75/72 --> 82/115/96/125/85/92
New Moves: Moonblast, Zen Headbutt

Mega Slurpuff is a quite nice offensive pokemon. It can run a physical belly drum set, a Calm Mind + 3 Attacks set, and an all around special attacking set, or even mixed. Its got an excellent ability to boost the power of both its STAB and some of its coverage. While this may all seem to be quite broken, its not really as Slurpuff is not exactly in the best speed tier in the world, also its Belly Drum set relies on innacurate moves. While Mega Slurpuff obviously has its downsides, it is definitely able to make up for them.

Mega Barbaracle
Ability: Sniper/Tough Claws/Pickpocket-> No Guard

Def: 115 -> 145 (+30)
SpA: 65 -> 75 (+10)
SpD: 86 -> 106 (+20)
Spe: 68 -> 78 (+10)

Flavor Concept: More Binacles! Binacles coming out of everywhere!

Competitive Concept: A very simple change that makes all the difference. While it misses Tough Claws to boost its contact moves’ power, No Guard makes Barbaracle’s powerful but inaccurate moves like Stone Edge and Cross Chop shine. It gets perfect neutral coverage with Razor Shell/Stone Edge/Cross Chop/Shell Smash, and given its great bulk prior to smashing, it can really wreak some havoc. The fact that one of its moves has a 50% chance to lower the foe’s defense while the other two have high critical hit ratios is just icing on the cake.

A Shell Smasher with 125 attack, 78 speed, perfect neutral coverage, and perfect accuracy might sound insane, but fear not. Rock/Water remains godawful defensive typing, limiting both switch-ins and opportunities to smash. Unlike Cloyster, its attacks can’t pierce substitutes or break sashes. And, in the end, Mega Barbar falls victim to all the standard countermeasures to smashers, like Mach Punch, priority burn, or Unaware.

Mega Barbaracle
Abilities: Sniper, Tough Claws (Pickpocket) -> Tough Claws
New Moves: Crab Hammer, Super Power
Def: 115 -> 130 (+15)
SpD: 86 -> 116 (+30)
Spe: 68 -> 83 (+15)

Crabhammer doesn't make a ton of sense, but barnacles are indeed crustaceans just like crabs and it has... claws? Uh, waterfall would be too predictable here anyway. Crabhammer is literally a better Water Type Stone Edge, so it's not the biggest gain in the world. It's still nice. Barbaracle can use Super Power, begging any form of Priority to revenge kill it and forcing it to cut into its killing power... can you dare get a second Smash safely? The only priority it's weak to is Fight type, but the only priority it resists is Talonflame and Ice Shard. A neutral Bullet/Sucker Punch from the right foe will undoubtedly kill at -2 which ... even -1.

+2 252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. -1 4 HP / 0 Def Barbaracle: 334-394 (116.7 - 137.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 44+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. -2 4 HP / 0 Def Barbaracle: 331-391 (115.7 - 136.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Of course, Barby here is a death machine on the rocks! You'll need to predict his move and switch in the right counter carefully.

Mega Barbaracle
Ability: Sniper/Tough Claws/Pickpocket --> Compoundeyes
Stats: 72/105/115/54/86/68 --> 72/145/130/54/101/98

Mega Barbaracle has not really changed to much from its base form, its mainly just a stat increase. However, the other thing it has changed its ability, and oh boy does this help it out. Theoretically, Mega Barbaracle is now the only Pokemon with a Stone Edge with the base accuracy of 100%, top that on another base 100% accurate move in the form of Cross Chop and you got a Pokemon with amazing stab and coverage, and you got a great Pokemon. Its Shell Smash set is also quite nice, with very powerful coverage moves, pretty slow before it mega evolves, and quite bulky after. Its still got a god awful typing, although it definitely can make up for it.

Type: Rock/Water (no change)
Abilities: Sniper/Tough Claws (Pickpocket) -> Brute Force (Look in OP for description)
New Moves: Aqua Jet, Drain Punch (Tell me if either of these two moves should be removed, as giving both mega Barbaracle and regular Barbaracle a STAB priority move and a draining move makes it seem pretty over powered)

Atk: 105 -> 145 (+40)
Def: 115 -> 105 (-10)
SpD: 86 -> 86
Spe: 68 -> 128 (+60)

I really wanted to change the typing, but I couldn't find a typing that would make sense. The only possible change, I think, would've been Rock/Fighting, and I don't really like that idea. I gave it aqua jet for a priority move and drain punch because it already has one punching move, power up punch. Tell me if these moves or the stats make it too OP please. I gave it brute force because its name derives from barbarian or barbaric, and barbarians are generally considered uncivilized brutes. Besides, physical scald and ice beam are awesome. I gave it -10 Def because barbarians, as mentioned before, are considered brutish marauders. Not necessarily known for guarding themselves. The huge increase in speed is so that you don't have to shell smash to destroy things.

This seems too overpowered to me, so once again I will say this. Tell me if you think any of this is too OP, and tell me what I might be able to change.

Mega Malamar
Type: Dark/Psychic -> Dark/Water
Ability: Suction Cups/Contrary/Infiltrator -> Prankster
New Moves: Thunder Wave, Knock Off, Scald

Atk: 92 -> 110 (+18)
SpA: 68 -> 110 (+42)
SpD: 75 -> 105 (+30)
Spe: 73 -> 63 (-10)

Flavor Concept: Water and Scald because squids are water-based. Thunder Wave because it already gets Thunderbolt and why the hell not. Knock Off because Dark type and yet again, why the hell not. Oh yeah and then Prankster is added for obvious reasons.

Competitive Concept: FINALLY, Prankster+TT is a real thing! Mega Malamar stops setup sweepers right in their tracks, and can further cripple them with access to highly spammable moves like TWave, Knock Off, and Scald. It can even do work against stall teams lacking setup moves with priority taunt. TT and Taunt should be on every set, but the other two are up to the user.

Malamar (Malamarite)
Type: Dark/Psychic -> Dark/Fighting
Abilities: Suction Cups, Contrary (Infiltrator) -> Contrary
New Moves: Close Combat, Hammer Arm, Drill Peck

Atk: 92 -> 122 (+30)
SpA: 68 -> 68
Spe: 73 -> 83 (+10)
BST: 482 -> 582

Malamar now has actual resistances. Drill Peck complements Fighting STAB, and it makes sense as it already learns Peck.

Mega Malamar
Ability: Suction Cups/Contrary/Infiltrator-> Prankster

Atk: 92 -> 117 (+25)
Def: 88 -> 98 (+10)
SpA: 68 -> 98 (+30)
Spe: 73 -> 88 (+15)

Flavor Concept: Malamar flips back around, but remains looking like Malamar.

Competitive Concept: Contrary Superpower is old hat in this meta, particularly as Malamar doesn’t have any STAB moves barring the exclusive Psycho Boost that it could manipulate. Moreover, in general, any movepool additions to improve Contrary Mega Malamar would obviously improve the standard form as well, and considering the standard form can hold a choice item to boost power or speed, that's no good.

Do you know what’s not old hat? Prankster Topsy Turvy. Well, I mean technically Mr. Mime currently “has it”, but the higher-ups have deemed Malamar’s signature move unworthy for the mime, leaving this niche wide open for the squid to grab. This well-deserved buff makes Malamar the bane of all set-up: unless the opponent has a priority move of its own, Malamar twists its precious boosts into debuffs.

That alone is enough to make Malamar an incredible pokemon, but throw in Prankster Destiny Bond and you’ve got yourself a terrific anti-offense meddler. Sound too good to be true? Well, I made sure to spread its stat boosts around so that it’s good, but hardly great; 86/98/95 defenses are decent, but hardly insurmountable, especially as Malamar has neither recovery outside of Rest nor a single resistance, with only a Psychic immunity to its name. Malamar is hit by all forms of hazards and forms of status, and seriously hates U-turn. Its above-average 117/98 offenses can only be boosted by Calm Mind, which it has no room for when using Topsy Turvy and/or Destiny Bond, and 88 Speed isn’t winning it any awards: this is great news for Mega Banette, whose superior typing, massively better Attack, STAB priority, and Will o Wisp allow it to not be entirely outclassed. Still, let’s not kid ourselves here: priority Topsy Turvy is a serious gamechanger, and when you add priority Destiny Bond to the mix, Malamar’s viability skyrockets.

Mega Malamar
Ability: Suction Cups/Contrary/Infiltrator-> Adaptability
New Moves: Sucker Punch, Overheat, Poison Jab

Atk: 92 -> 117 (+40)
SpA: 68 -> 88 (+20)
Spe: 73 -> 73

Concept: So here's Malamar doing something different, using 'Bulk Up' before going mega to Sucker Punch EVERYTHING with an adaptability boost! You could alternatively use Overheat to try going Special... it's still on the slow side, so be careful.

Mega Malamar
Typing: Dark/Psychic --> Dark/Fighting
Ability: Suction Cups/Contrary/Infiltrator --> Contrary
Stats: 86/92/88/68/75/73 --> 86/122/108/83/90/93
New Moves: Close Combat

Mega Malamar can now preform the role that regular Malamar never could, as a Contrary Sweeper. It has powerful STAB in the form of both Close Combat and Superpower which both raise its stats in both great and different ways, both increase its defense stat while Superpower increases its Attack and Close Combat increases its Special Defense stat. Both of these can be used differently, Superpower can be used on the more pure offensive sets and Close Combat can be used on more Bulky set

Type: Dark/Psychic (no change)
Ability: Suction Cups/Contrary (Infiltrator) -> Regenerator
Movepool Additions: Gastro Acid, U-turn, Recover

HP: 86 -> 86 (+0)
Atk: 92 -> 92 (+0)
Def: 88 -> 125 (+37)
SpA: 68 -> 78 (+10)
Spe: 73 -> 86 (+13)

"It lures its prey close with hypnotic motions, then wraps its tentacles around it before finishing it off with digestive fluids." This explains gastro acid, which I was surprised it didn't learn naturally. U-turn to make regenerator better. This may seem odd, but it is odd for Clawitzer and Whimsicott to get U-turn also. Recover to make it a little bit better by increasing its longevity (unless the opponent has U-turn.) Recover actually somewhat makes sense, as some squids, such as the Architeuthis (giant squid) can regenerate their tentacles.

I increased its defenses to make it somewhat good as a bulky Regenerator pokemon. Its speed makes it possible to outspeed Heracross, and it can tie with the Rotom Forms.

Welp, on to the next slate:

Clawitzer could use a large boost to his special attack while maintaining the ability. I'm thinking straight up wallbreaker for this one.

Sylveon is already fairly viable in OU, so we definitely shouldn't tamper with its movepool. Additionally, a different ability would set it apart from its tanky cleric normal form. I might edit this later when I think of an ability idea or two.

Carbink is an interesting case, considering that Diancie's mega is more offensive and has Magic Bounce. Carbink could steal the Vampiric Blade ability from Aegislash to acquire some form of healing.

Goodra shouldn't acquire the poison type so Mega Dragalge doesn't lose its niche. Gooey is a solid ability, so maybe a large boost to physical defense would make it more viable.

How do you PM? Anyway I vote for GG Unit's Dragalge, Mega Mantine's Slurpuff, Deathly the King's Barbaracle, and The Pizza Man's Malamar. (Sorry don't know much about Smogon)

Welp, on to the next slate:

Clawitzer could use a large boost to his special attack while maintaining the ability. I'm thinking straight up wallbreaker for this one.
Clawitzer already has huge sp. attack. Give it some more bulk and lower speed and you either have an insane trick room sweeper or a slow, bulky u-turner.
Click on someone's profile, select "Start A Conversation", and there you go.
Thanks Valmanway!

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Clawitzer could get an increased Attack stat, so he can use Aqua Jet and U-turn more efficiently, as well as receive a generous defensive buff.

I think Mega Goodra should be Water/Dragon, as it gets Hydration and it evolved in rain. Not to mention the fact that it only has two weaknesses then. I think improving clawitzer's speed might be good, but even with the speed boosts, it won't outspeed much (unless you did what I did with my barbaracle.)

What if Clawitzer got a a non-contact version of Tough Claws instead of a limited and predictable arsenal? Same effect, more moves to play around with.

I feel like giving Flamethrower to Clawitzer.
Sylveon could be built more offensively to make use of Pixilate.
Carbink would love Magic Guard, which gives it a connection to Diancie which has Magic Bounce, and protects it from Toxic damage.
Goodra makes a perfect Dragon/Water, give it Hydro Pump.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I'm gonna join the Water/Dragon type Mega Goodra train. I'll give Goodra Immunity, so she at least still has a bit of that Poison-type feel to her. Also, Scald would be the perfect move to add here.

Mega Launcher needs to be kept, IMO. The question is how to differentiate it from Blastoise.

I'm giving it a secondary Dark typing to make its Water Pulse/Dark Pulse coverage stronger. The only thing Clawitzer can really do is wallbreak unless we give it boosting moves, and we totally should not give it boosting moves. It should be simple but effective at its role.

I want to make Mega Carbink an inversion of Diancie; rather than +50 both offenses, +50 to both defenses. Another simple but fantastic change. Details will be in submission.

I specifically remember Goodra, as has been documented, and even if I was worried about Dragalge's role, I liked what I saw. Dragon/Water is cool and makes sense, but Dragon/Poison definitely fits Goodra's dripping, sluggish flavor and is fantastic typing. I'm totally into giving it Corrosion, but I wanna see how Dragalge turns out before I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)