Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Apparently you can turn the "food bar" off? I hope so anyways. I really love the Endermen! Can't wait for 1.8!

Honestly I'm quite in favor of the hunger system, this means you can't just randomly run into a skeleton dungeon with your entire hotkey bar full of porkchops and stuff and you actually have to think of a more strategic way to approach the threat.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I agree completely with az, I will still go into a cave guns blazing (well bow) with out any regard for food, as per usual. Also with the new bow change i can just keep a charged shot in a cave to fire off and kill any threat coming at me.

So I've seen that there are like 3 indie games extremely similar to Minecraft in the Xbox Live Arcade, and I heard a few months ago that Minecraft was coming to Xbox. So, are any of these knock-offs worth getting and is actual Minecraft actually coming to Xbox or am I stuck with one of these almost-Minecrafts?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Minecraft is 100% coming to Xbox as a full game, however from what I understand it's going to be more of a cross between full Minecraft and the Android version.

Edit @ sy: no and no, there arent any plans for ps3 or ds

How about PS3? Or heck even DS?
Id still probably play it on PC but Im curious about these two other consoles, because I put up a google search and nothing much came up

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If your PC can run other good games and you have a good internet connection by all means buy it. Although asking us may be a bit biased. If you like sandbox games then it'll be right up your alley. Once the smogon server goes into 1.8 mode it's incredibly fun to build projects with other people and watch other users stuff magically appear in places.

This little indie game isn't indie anymore guys

Although we can all put on our hipster glasses and claim that we liked it better when it was underground now

I'm extremely interested in how NPCs will work out, but I guess I'm getting a little ahead of myself since Notch said there probably won't be any for a while :P

What I really like which isn't shown in that video is that on the multiplayer menu there will actually be a list of servers!

Isn't 1.8 meant to be coming out today. I have not played for like two weeks due to going on vacation but if so yay! Also am I the only one who just messes around with god mod and stuff like that on single player? I had 300 creepers detonate at once. So cool

got this recently and i play with some tf2 friends on a pvp server

really fun, i love all the things you can do with it, like i dug a quarry that doubles as a deathpit for anyone invading our base

They have a lot of speculation about the 'More World Options' when you create a world, for instance whether there is hunger or not, experience, NPC villages and stuff. So I think as smogcraft we should vote for which to include, or if it were my way to include everything
In my opinion, NPC villages and Experience should be a definite while with hunger Im pretty passive about

Can wait for this update, I love the bow charging animation so much

So in the livestream Notch said that 1.7_3 maps will not be comparable. Does this mean that the map comin on September 1st will be temporary? Also rivers! :) Now I can build a dam.

Basically what it means is that maps generated before 1.8 won't have any of the features of 1.8 but will still be playable. It's pretty because the way maps generate will be completely different. But All maps will be playable.

Well I got it back in Alpha and I can tell you I haven't regretted buying it. To be honest though if it wasn't for SMP I'd be so sick of it already. Single player is okay but I can't play it that much before getting bored. Although saying that, 1.8 looks like it'll make the game even more enjoyable and I'll probably play SSP much more and with the new addition of creative mode so I can spend hours just making random shit.

Also, didn't Notch say something about making every pay the full price anyways once its a full game??

Oh, and the recent map change votes were finally tallied:

'Now' - 18
1.8 Release/Stable - 29
Full Release - 6
New Year - 2

Since there was no tie or real discrepencies, italic votes don't matter.

So we'll start the official new Smogcraft map once 1.8 is stable and we have some power over you :P. I know there are a few issues with some commands on the temp map, so we're going to re-think the plugins we use this time (basically I hate Essentials). I believe we're going to be using a border plugin on the new Smogcraft, to limit exploration.. but that's still all subject to change, and maybe chest protection too. We're trialing these on the current interim map, so let me/forks/xaq know what you think of them.

In the mean time, go crazy on the temp map, and maybe there needs to be a discussion thread about the new map (social group?). I'd also like feedback on how you thought the first map was run - what was good and bad about it, and mainly what we can do better this time, to make the experience more enjoyable for everyone. We're probably going to expand the staff on the server as well, hopefully someone who likes tweaking plugins configuring everything I hate doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)