Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Double01

Hate it or love it the under dog's on top
I plan to get back to playing minecraft regularly after like a 6 month break. Though i know I've missed a lot :/

Tennis, if your spot is at 50 / -1360, yes it is. I think that's the closest useable Witch hut to spawn;
Also, I posted a bug report on the bug tracker thingy, so Dinnerbone should now be aware of the River biome problem. Let's hope it gets fixed in 1.5, but even if not, this farm only loses 14 spawning blocks, so it's still more than useable.

In the latter case, you could quite easily dig out a small trench starting at the emerald and ending somewhere within the borders, fill it with water at the end and let the emerald float to you :nerd:

Unless you can't edit things beyond the border that is D:

Yayayayayaya.

I will probably finish at least the funcional part of the farm before 1.5, so when we reset the Nether, can we agree on not making these ugly platforms to harvest glowstone? I mean, the stuff will be absolutely free and renewable from the Witch farm.

Also, I thought about making an Exp-farm out of it too, but Witches regerate health naturally, so no OHKO farm possible. :(

Damnit... Does anyone know about a bug in bukkit where you can't pick up drops from Witches 100% of the time? Like, you can see the glowstone etc. on the ground, but when you walk over it, you can't pick it up. No, my inventory wasn't full.

I'm pretty frustrated with that stuff because I have no idea what's going on. The Witch farm is kinda functioning now, I installed shifting floors and a drop to kill them, but like I said, when they die, they sometimes leave unobtainable item drops behind.

I think this is unrelated to the farm design, since even if I let a Witch out and kill it myself somewhere else, I sometimes can't pick up the drops. I thought about the shifting floors causing client-server-desync (like, the Witches fall through and die client-side, but are still actually on the pads server-side), but that's proven wrong by what I described above where I can't pick up the items even when I killed the Witch myself.

So yeah, I'm puzzled. Any ideas?

edit: I think I fixed it. Made them spawn on full blocks instead of upside-down halfslabs. Seems to have worked, more later.
Still, if anyone has a theory what the hell happend there, let me know.

Any interest in a Feed the Beast server? I've been addicted to this for the last couple of weeks, and I know a lot of you got into the tekkit thing. I could set something up if there's enough willing to play but it probably wouldn't be a long term (see > 3 months) thing. Would probably run the Mindcrack mod pack with Greg Tech Hard to slow things down.

I've been trying to get on the server recently and I have a problem. Everytime I try to connect to a server it says "Connection timed out: connect". At first I thought I wasn't whitelisted so I PM'd tennisace and he said I should be good to go. I tried to connect to a number of open servers and they all failed with the same error message. Someone said that the internet provider (university) may be blocking ports? Is there anyway I can confirm this? And if this is the case, is there anyway I can get around it?

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I get a very similar error when I'm at university. I've practically given up trying to play Minecraft while I'm at uni, which is why I haven't been on for the past couple of weeks.

If you see me on the server at the moment, its my brother (Usually Rockhead95 on the server) playing on my account. He forgot his minecraft password and recently formatted his computer. He is dumb like that. I gave him my account to play on while he contacts Mojang about it.

Dan Dan that would be awesome I have not been on the normal server the same reason. iv been playing on a normal mindcrack server but the griefing is bad out own smog server would be nice and I know some other people that would like to get on it too.
Hell yeah just saw that this is post number 4444

Someone said that the internet provider (university) may be blocking ports? Is there anyway I can confirm this? And if this is the case, is there anyway I can get around it?
I get a very similar error when I'm at university. I've practically given up trying to play Minecraft while I'm at uni, which is why I haven't been on for the past couple of weeks.
Try this out. It's free for 100 MB, which can be a temp solution. You can also refer friends for extra space. Make sure you configure it so that you only use it for minecraft!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)