MIT's OpenCourseWare

It's not as good as you might think initially - there's generally little in the way of actual teaching, and more "Here are the notes, bye."

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It's not as good as you might think initially - there's generally little in the way of actual teaching, and more "Here are the notes, bye."
For courses that have online videos of lectures, they're pretty useful. One particular professor whom I liked was Walter Lewin. Those videos were useful for me especially when I had absolute plugs for professors.

The assignments are also good supplementary assignments for practice for midterms, as most of the questions will either be harder, or on par with the questions most do in today's curriculum, especially some of the stuff I've seen in the Physics and Organic Chemistry section.

I wouldn't recommend trying to learn the course by yourself by using this. I would rather use this as an alternate resource, an enhancement of sorts, for courses you're taking currently.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
might take a look at the programming stuff, been missing my academic education since i left uni last year

I would definitely agree with Eraddd. MIT's OCW is really helpful in reviewing material. But it should not be used to teach you the material. It is helpful to learn it in lecture, review it in recitation, and if you're still lost, you can always turn to OCW. But OCW is only for a few classes and not all classes offered at MIT. =/

You also can't exactly go to these profs' office hours. I gather it's good for a quick "second reading" of material, though, like others have said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)