Mix-and-Mega — Now with Primals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a nitpick, but Steelixite is always better than Garchompite; same Attack boost, better bulk boost and no speed drop. I guess if you need a sand force sp. attacker(lol) you could do Garchompite, but it's never worth on physical mons.

Last edited:
...Doesn't Aggronite technically change your secondary typing to Steel, given that it makes the Steel/Rock Aggron a pure Steel-type?

Here's an example set to take advantage of this

Florges @ Aggronite
Ability: Flower Veil => Filter
Type: Fairy => Fairy/Steel
Stats: 78/65/68/112/154/75 => 78/95/118/112/174/75

Ho-ho-holy SHIT. Amazing typing, amazing defenses, and an ability that not only actually does something for itself, but actually helps shield it from its new weaknesses (Fire and Ground). Any standard set works, this is just Florges 2.0.

I'll post more examples once I get some sleep, just wanted to share this now.
No, it removes the secondary typing. If Aggron were Rock/Steel, I'd agree with your line of reasoning, but it isn't.

Here's one for another of my favorites.

Lucario @ Blastoisinite
Typing: Fighting/Steel, no change
Ability: Steadfast or Inner Focus or Justified -> Mega Launcher
Stats: 70/110/70/115/70/90 -> 70/130/90/165/80/90
IVs and EVs: full 31's; presumably 252 SpA, 252 Speed, 4 something
Nature: Modest, Timid, blah blah

Set moves
1) Aura Sphere -- 2.25x base power between STAB and Mega Launcher ... 180 power, as much as STAB Focus Blast, without a miss chance and with four times the PP.
2) Dark Pulse
3) Dragon Pulse (maybe)
4) Vacuum Wave / Nasty Plot / something else

Blastoisinite provides a bigger Special Attack boost than Lucarionite, and Mega Launcher is a bigger boost to the relevant moves than Adaptability is to its relevant moves. This Lucario would be basically walled by specially defensive Fairies, but that's what teammates are for. This Lucario is a lot slower than Mega Lucario though, which is a minus.

Other options:
- Cameruptite. Plus-30 to both defense sides, plus-20 to Attack, and +40 to Special Attack, with the addition of Sheer Force, but Luke would drop to base-70 Speed and I don't think that's something he wants in any case.
- Pidgeotite. Plus-5 to Defense, Plus-10 to Special Defense, Plus-20 to Speed, and Plus-65 to Special Attack, with No Guard. Focus Miss no longer misses... but it no longer misses him either, and he's weak to it...
Run Flash Cannon over Dragon Pulse. I've run Mega Launcher Lucario in AAA, and Dragon Pulse adds essentially nothing because in almost every situation you'd use Dragon Pulse over Aura Sphere you'd actually use Dark Pulse and every situation you'd use Dragon Pulse over Dark Pulse you'd actually use Aura Sphere. Even against pure Dragons and the like due to STAB Aura Sphere works fine. And in this meta you're gonna see stuff like Altarianite Dragonite making Dragon Pulse even worse. Plus, STAB and Mega Launcher are the same boost -Flash Cannon is only very slightly weaker than Mega Launcher Dragon Pulse on Lucario, and only because 80 BP vs 85 BP.

Garchompite vs Steelixite
Huh. Didn't realize Steelixite is almost flatly superior. Two points though: firstly, Steelixite substantially increases weight, so Garchompite might make sense if weight-punishing moves become popular because Stones increasing weight a lot become popular, and secondly Garchompite is also useful to a mixed attacker. (Such as how Garchomp itself will run Fire Blast to push past Skarmory)

No, it removes the secondary typing. If Aggron were Rock/Steel, I'd agree with your line of reasoning, but it isn't.
??? Then it would stay the same typing because it would go Steel --> Steel?

Numbuh, I can see what you mean since that's how it works for other secondary-type-changing Megas in this Meta, but that rule was made up for simplicity. I don't think Mega Aggron is supposed to work like that.

Ghoul King said:
Run Flash Cannon over Dragon Pulse. I've run Mega Launcher Lucario in AAA, and Dragon Pulse adds essentially nothing because in almost every situation you'd use Dragon Pulse over Aura Sphere you'd actually use Dark Pulse and every situation you'd use Dragon Pulse over Dark Pulse you'd actually use Aura Sphere. Even against pure Dragons and the like due to STAB Aura Sphere works fine. And in this meta you're gonna see stuff like Altarianite Dragonite making Dragon Pulse even worse. Plus, STAB and Mega Launcher are the same boost -Flash Cannon is only very slightly weaker than Mega Launcher Dragon Pulse on Lucario, and only because 80 BP vs 85 BP.
I had Flash Cannon in the back of my mind but for some reason didn't put it in the post. I think I was thinking about worst-case damage or something like that. But you're right, it should go in Slot 3. That would free up Slot 4 for Vacuum Wave or Nasty Plot. Thanks.

Dry Paratroopa said:
??? Then it would stay the same typing because it would go Steel --> Steel?

Numbuh, I can see what you mean since that's how it works for other secondary-type-changing Megas in this Meta, but that rule was made up for simplicity. I don't think Mega Aggron is supposed to work like that.
With Aggronite, mons with secondary typings lose them. If they don't have a secondary typing their typing stays as it is. It's simple.

Another gift...

Glaceon @ Glalilite
Typing: remains Ice
Ability: Snow Cloak / Ice Body -> Refrigerate
Stats: 65/60/110/130/95/65 -> 65/100/110/170/95/85
IVs and EVs: straight 31's; presumably 252 Speed, 252 Sp.Attack, 4 somewhere
Nature: Timid or Modest

Set
1) Hyper Voice
2) Shadow Ball
3) Signal Beam / Water Pulse / ?
4) {something} (lol Hyper Beam)

Eeveelutions get so hosed on movepools...

Any reason on why using it over Normal Kyurem?
A really weak fridge quick attack?

On topic though, here:

Zygarde@ Diancite
New Ability: Magic Bounce
Stats: 108/160/81/121/65/155
A set:
Dragon Dance/Coil
Earthquake
Stone Edge/Outrage/ Draco meteor
Extremespeed/HP Fire
Arguably a decent Diancite user thanks to the fact that priority does not mean instant death. It can also boost up using its nice bulk before mega evolving, and if a status user approaches it can use the ever so fantastic magic bounce. And it totes messes up xern and yveltal pre-mega.

A really weak fridge quick attack?

On topic though, here:

Zygarde@ Diancite
New Ability: Magic Bounce
Stats: 108/160/81/121/65/155
A set:
Dragon Dance/Coil
Earthquake
Stone Edge/Outrage/ Draco meteor
Extremespeed/HP Fire
Arguably a decent Diancite user thanks to the fact that priority does not mean instant death. It can also boost up using its nice bulk before mega evolving, and if a status user approaches it can use the ever so fantastic magic bounce. And it totes messes up xern and yveltal pre-mega.
Glalite Extreme Speed does mean instant death, actually. But a neat idea regardless.

More -ate Shenanigans making a bad Eeveelution see some limelight:

Flareon@Pinsirite
Ability: Flash Fire -> Aerialate
Stats: 65/160/80/105/130/85
Typing: Fire/Flying
-Flame Charge / Flare Blitz
-Return / Double-Edge
-Quick Attack
-Superpower

or, if you like spammy gimmicks:
-Flame Charge
-Last Resort

That Mega Stone is comparable to Altarianite as you get fairly versatile stat boosts and a secondary typing to abuse Aerialate with. This is just one of many sets to make use of it, boasting strong special defense and switch-in capability with Flash Fire.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Man, Manectric is a pretty cool orb honestly. Like, for example...

• Zapdos becomes 90/90/105/155/110/130, which makes it a pretty interesting pivot. It has decent enough bulk (especially after Intimidate) and good Speed + Power. It's typing is also really swell.
  • Kyurem (again) has 125/130/110/160/110/125 stats with Intmidate. It's bulk is really good, especially with Intimidate. It also has a decent speed stat and a pretty good 160 SpA. It also has Roost and Ice Beam + EP. Pretty strong.
  • Keldeo can use it to go for a CM sweep. With 91/72/110/159/110/138 stat and Intmidate, along with the great Water / Fighting type, it can set-up on a lot fo things and go for game. This is especially true in a meta where Choice Scarf is a lot less common. It even has Secret Sword to beat Chansey. Just watch out for both Soul Dew Lati@s and Giratina, which can both be covered by HP Ghost.
  • Meloetta is actually kind of neat, doing a similar CM sweep thing. 100/77/97/158/148/120 stats are nothing to scoff at, and it can basically set-up on shit like Giratina-O due to its great special bulk and intimidate making its physical bulk better. Its typing also lets it wall Ghosties very well. It can also bypass Chansey with Psyshock.
  • Mence and Lando-T aren't the best abusers, but they're fun because of Double Intimidate. Mence has decent 95/135/100/140/100/130 stats to abuse while Lando-T has 89/145/110/135/100/121. Again, I don't really recommend using them but they're the two mons with the highest SpA that have Intmidate outside of Mega Man.
  • Alternatively, you can use Lando-I as a Lando-T. 89/125/110/145/100/131 stats are pretty good, especially with Intimidate. The only issue is that you can't use the actual Lando-T to Mega Evolve into crazier things, but hey.
  • Fuck Slowbroite Blissey - use Manectric Blissey! Ok, not really, but Manectric Blisset can work. 255/10/30/105/155/85 w/Intimidate lets it switch into some physical attackers like Slowbroite can. It also has a decent-for-a-wall 85 Speed and 105 SpA. Oh, and its SpDef is boosted for good measures. Pretty good.
  • Sylveon can work as a defensive user. 95/65/85/140/150/90 stats are pretty good for abusing Intimidate, and it has a pretty good support movepool.
  • Togekiss, with 85/50/115/150/135/110 stats, is a pretty sweet offensive mon. A great combination of bulk, speed, and power along with a good typing makes Togekiss a pretty rad mega.

More -ate Shenanigans making a bad Eeveelution see some limelight:

Flareon@Pinsirite
Ability: Flash Fire -> Aerialate
Stats: 65/160/80/105/130/85
Typing: Fire/Flying
-Flame Charge / Flare Blitz
-Return / Double-Edge
-Quick Attack
-Superpower

or, if you like spammy gimmicks:
-Flame Charge
-Last Resort

That Mega Stone is comparable to Altarianite as you get fairly versatile stat boosts and a secondary typing to abuse Aerialate with. This is just one of many sets to make use of it, boasting strong special defense and switch-in capability with Flash Fire.
Again, the same question. What is this doing that Arcanine or Entei can't do much better? It's always the same question with every eeveelution; the only ones that I can see being worth are Umbreon with defensive megastones such as Sablenite, as cleric Dark type is something unique in this game and Magic Bounce is a blessing, and possibily Sylveon, but even that seems rather questionable when Florges exists with higher special bulk, speed, reliable recovery and most of Sylveon's coverage except Shadow Ball(yes, even Normal coverage with Nature Power if you want to go with -ates).

There's an important lesson in this. A Pokemon's statistical weaknesses can be overcome with the right stone, meaning movepools and typing are going to matter quite a bit more. Sylveon is more of a defensive mon vs Florges' better offensive presence, but either can easily rectify that with a good stone, so it's down to movepools. Sylveon makes a better pure cleric or tank, Florges a stronger attacker perfect for a bulky offense squad--but both are likely going to be viable. Heck, maybe this meta will reverse this most infamous of debates and give Florges the significant edge. Lord knows we need recovery!

Dragonite (F) @ Altarianite
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 64 HP / 192 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Roost

Altaria. With a 600 base stat total pre-mega. And Multiscale. Can't say more, my phones about to die

Altarianite changes your ability to Pixilate and changes your secondary typing to Fairy. Still, that is exactly why Outrage is not going to be seen on anything ever. And of course, Pixilate Extreme Speed for the win.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
I found an error with Cameruptite, it should give a +40 Special Attack boost not a +30 special attack boost

Speaking of which, here is something I found that might be an effective user of it

Jolteon @ Cameruptite
Abillity: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Ground

65/85/90/150/125/110

Jolteon can use this item to preform the role of a strong pivot. With a strong Thunderbolt, it has a pretty useful STAB, access to Volt Switch, and even with the decreased speed from Cameruptite, Jolteon is still rather fast, as base 110 speed is still enough to outspeed many Ubers and stuff like Red Orb Hydriegon, Red Orb Roserade, and speed tieing Pidgeoite Porygon-Z

While this one isn't exactly a user of Cameruptite, I'm still suprised nobody put this up

Kyurem @ Pidgeoitite
Abillity: Pressure
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Earth Power / Flash Cannon

125/130/95/195/100/115

Jesus Christ this thing is a monster. It has sky high special attack, it's pretty fast, has access to two increadibly strong STAB moves, and is rather fast. If you want a really good wallbreaker, then here you go

Last edited:
I found an error with Cameruptite, it should give a +40 Special Attack boost not a +30 special attack boost

Speaking of which, here is something I found that might be an effective user of it

Jolteon @ Cameruptite
Abillity: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Ground

65/85/90/150/125/110

Jolteon can use this item to preform the role of a strong pivot. With a strong Thunderbolt, it has a pretty useful STAB, access to Volt Switch, and even with the decreased speed from Cameruptite, Jolteon is still rather fast, as base 110 speed is still enough to outspeed many Ubers and stuff like Red Orb Hydriegon, Red Orb Roserade, and speed tieing Pidgeoite Porygon-Z

While this one isn't exactly a user of Cameruptite, I'm still suprised nobody put this up

Kyurem @ Pidgeoitite
Abillity: Pressure
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Earth Power / Flash Cannon

125/130/95/195/100/115

Jesus Christ this thing is a monster. It has sky high special attack, it's pretty fast, has access to two increadibly strong STAB moves, and is rather fast. If you want a really good wallbreaker, then here you go
Before I start, I want to make sure it's clear I'm not dismissing your idea. I'm wondering though, isn't the whole point of jolteon his disgusting speed? This would hit stupid hard though, and itd probably be a solid cleaner for that reason.

Also...
Altarianite changes your ability to Pixilate and changes your secondary typing to Fairy. Still, that is exactly why Outrage is not going to be seen on anything ever. And of course, Pixilate Extreme Speed for the win.
Yeah, that's the point. It gets Multiscale pre-mega, you dragon dance, then go mega the next turn to wreak havoc. It'd work with pinsir too, but the typing isn't as awesome.

I just realised how much potential Swampertite has...

Swampertite:
Atk +40, Def +20, Sp. Atk +10, Sp. Def +20, Speed +10, gain Swift Swim, increase weight by 20.1 kg

Between +40 Attack, +10 Speed and Swift Swim, you can pretty much whack this thing on just about any pokemon with strong Atk and 75+ speed and call it an epic rain cleaner.

Heracross: 165 Atk, 90 Spe + Swift Swim and lose its Fire weakness while in rain.
Gyarados: 165 Atk, 91 Spe + Swift Swim, DD, Rain boosted water STAB, Intimidate pre mega.
Dragonite: 174 Atk, 90 Spe + Swift Swim, DD, Pseudo STAB on Aqua Tail/Aqua Jet and Hydro Pump, unmissable Thunder and Hurricane, Multiscale pre mega.
Mamoswine: 170 Atk, 90 Spe + Swift Swim, Priority in Ice Shard, loses Fire weakness in rain, strong STABs.
Gallade: 165 Atk, 90 Spe + Swift Swim, SD, weak priority in Shadow Sneak.
Honchkrow: 165 Atk, 81 Spe + Swift Swim, strong priority in STAB Sucker Punch, flying STAB.
Absol: 170 Atk, 85 Spe + Swift Swim, strong priority in STAB Sucker Punch, dark + fairy coverage, pseudo STAB on Water Pulse yew yew.
Kingler: 170 Atk, 85 Spe + Swift Swim, SD, rain boosted Water STAB. (GF y u no give it Aqua Jet)?

Some of these are better than others, but none are anything to scoff at.

Also I think its worth noting that being Ubers you would have access to Kyogre for rain setting rather than just Politoad in OU.

Oh, God, viable mixed Dragonite with actual Flying STAB. I'd probably run Aqua Jet over Thunder, although Dragon/Flying/either is superb coverage. Nature-wise, since you're mixed, the question is do you want a speed drop (Brave, Quiet) or a defense drop (Lonely, Naughty, Mild, Rash)?

Oh, God, viable mixed Dragonite with actual Flying STAB. I'd probably run Aqua Jet over Thunder, although Dragon/Flying/either is superb coverage. Nature-wise, since you're mixed, the question is do you want a speed drop (Brave, Quiet) or a defense drop (Lonely, Naughty, Mild, Rash)?
Yeah I've actually thought about that when I was theorymoning about mega Dnite. And the best thing about Dnite + mega evolution is Multiscale so he can set up first. Kinda like sharpedo; wait to go mega until turn 2 and use your base ability to your advantage, then enter gg in the chat, cause it's over. Seriously though, it's good. Sadly, Dnite doesnt have swords dance.

There's been no activity for a week now so I'm gonna double post here.

I think one of the best Megas for any special sweeper is mega absol for sure (kinda funny since it has 150 Atk). It gets +40 Spe and +40 SpA. For example, this gives latios 170 SpA and 150 SpE. It also prevents the user from having their sweep stop short by a status move, so it's pretty dangerous. Something else to note- even latios is a better dragon dancer than mega Altaria if you give latios altarianite. The same is true for most dragons. Lol, even Latias would be if it had dragon dance.

Speaking of which, Altarianite is incredible on a lot of mons. It gives the user the coveted fairy type and pixilate to grant them crazy stab. Some good possible candidates would be noivern or arcanine, aside from those already mentioned. What else... Red orb is basically useless on anyone who isn't groudon- I mean, it might improve them, but groudon is just better overall than basically any other user. I feel like the same is true for blue orb, maybe some hurricane-spammer would like it though. Uh, yeah, das about it. Let's get some discussion going again!

I'm going to start focusing on more defensive stones, since this is an extremely offensive meta and the ability to sponge even one hit might be a game-changer.

But before I do that, I think we need to address something. It is once again possible for a Pokemon to possess no weakness. And here is just the poke to pull it off:

Raikou @ Latiasite
Ability: Pressure->Levitate
Stats: 90/105/105/145/125/115
EVs: 4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe
Timid or Modest Nature (depending on whether you want speed or power)
-Calm Mind/Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ice
-Shadow Ball

A pure Electric type is just the poke to take advantage of Levitate, as the ability eliminates its only weakness bar Mold Breaker. Latiasite is chosen over its brother stone for increased bulk (because, as pre-gen VI Sableye knows all too well, neutral hits still hurt). Thunderbolt and HP Ice give you your BoltBeam, while Shadow Ball mops up the leftovers. The EV spread is maxed-out SpA and Spe for a special sweeper (though I imagine these can be adjusted if necessary).

EDIT: This set previously carried Aura Sphere over Shadow Ball, until it was pointed out that an event lock limited Aura Sphere Raikou to a Rash nature.

Last edited:
I'm going to start focusing on more defensive stones, since this is an extremely offensive meta and the ability to sponge even one hit might be a game-changer.

But before I do that, I think we need to address something. It is once again possible for a Pokemon to possess no weakness. And here is just the poke to pull it off:

Raikou @ Latiasite
Ability: Pressure->Levitate
Stats: 90/105/105/145/125/115
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Timid or Modest Nature (depending on whether you want speed or power)
-Calm Mind/Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ice
-Aura Sphere

A pure Electric type is just the poke to take advantage of Levitate, as the ability eliminates its only weakness. Latiasite is chosen over its brother stone for increased bulk (because, as pre-gen VI Sableye knows all too well, neutral hits still hurt). Thunderbolt and HP Ice give you your BoltBeam, with Aura Sphere hitting anything that resists the combo. Aura Sphere can be omitted to run a SubCM set (since BoltBeam hits so much anyway), or either move can be run with a three-attacks set. The EV spread is maxed-out SpA and Spe for a special sweeper (though I imagine these can be adjusted if necessary).
Only problem is, aura sphere requires a rash nature. But it still looks pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)