Moltes counter anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot find a good counter moltres and its riping up my ru team. Ive tried electross and lanturn but neither seem to work. Im considering munchlaz or maybe ampharos. Someone please give me a set for a moltres counter!

Specially Defensive Flareon (nice wish support), lanturn (EV it right), Slowking. Then there's some more offensive checks like Aerodactyl

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Regirock with max HP and some SpD evs works. If you want checks that can switch into most of it's moves and outspeed and ohko there are Aerodactyl, Scarf Magmortar and Scarf Typhlosion.

This isn't the right way to get an answer, there's a Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread in this forum, that's where you should post your question next time.

But yeah, Munchlax and Slowking are your best and maybe the only ways to counter it. Most teams just set up SR as soon as possible and then predict its moves to bring in checks and scare it out again or outright ko it.

Keeping Stealth Rock up really helps.

Moltres is a very hard Pokemon to counter, often you have to resort to pivoting around its attacks to beat it. For example, let's say you have a Hitmonchan out, you can switch to a resist to the expected Air Slash, such as Omastar, then switch to something that can revenge it that doesn't really care about the attack. In this case it'd be HP Grass, so you'd switch to something such like Rotom who doesn't take that much from HP Grass, is faster than Moltres, and can OHKO it, or something such as HP Rock Sceptile. There are quite a lot of Pokemon who outspeed Moltres, too.

A lot of Pokemon were mentioned in this thread already, so I'll name some lesser used options for beating Moltres:
Support Clefable
ParaShuffler Druddigon
Stunfisk (beware it takes a ton from LO Fire Blast)
Defensive Altaria
"Mootility"

There are other options out there, these are just a few! I wish you luck, and if you find any interesting Moltres checks/counters please share them! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)