Monotype Premier League [Congrats Ambitious Altarias!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OK guys, its time to lay out the rules for all the metagames we will be playing in and get ready for Week 1!

Managers, please have your lineups submitted to me, Nani or Chandy by Friday of each week. If you're submitting it to me, please do so in a live pm. I will respond immediately with my team so I do not gain any match up advantages. Make sure you designate an ORAS1 and ORAS2 player.

Players, make sure you complete your battles on time! We would prefer to not have to make activity decisions. Please save your replays and pm them to your manager (win or lose). Also, once you have decided on a time with your opponent feel free to advertise it in this thread and the MonoPL room.
Week 1: Friday, April 17th - Sunday, April 26th
Mangers must submit lineups by April 17th.

Week 2: Monday, April 27th - Sunday, May 3rd
Managers must submit lineups by April 24th.

Week 3: Monday, May 4th - Sunday, May 10th
Managers must submit lineups by May 1st.

Week 4: Monday, May 11th - Sunday, May 17th
Managers must submit lineups by May 8th.

Week 5: Monday, May 18th - Sunday, May 24th
Managers must submit lineups by May 15th.

Semi-Finals: Monday, May 25th - Sunday, May 31st
Managers must submit lineups by May 24th.

Finals: Monday, June 1st - Sunday, June 7th
Managers must submit lineups by May 31st.
ORAS: Monotype Ban List
BW: Smogon University BW OU Ban List
Monothreat: ORAS Monotype Ban List
AAA:
(1)
Standard AAA Banlist along with ORAS Monotype Bans. This means Greninja/Shaymin-Sky are Globally Banned. Aegislash and Genesect are banned from Steel teams.
(2) Gale Wings is globally banned.
(3) Exceptions: Blaziken is allowed on Fighting teams (Keldeo & Terrakion are banned); Talonflame is unbanned, but is not able to use Gale Wings.
STABmons:
(1)
Standard STABmons Banlist along with ORAS Monotype Bans. This means Greninja/Darkrai are Globally Banned. Aegislash is Banned from Steel teams.
(2) Normal Monotype Teams are banned.
Hidden Type: ORAS Monotype Ban List
Round Robin:
  1. Fire
  2. Water
  3. Poison
  4. Ice
  5. Dark
Playoffs:
  1. Psychic
  2. Ground

Week 1
(Friday, April 17th - Sunday, April 26th)

vs.

ORAS1: Arifeen vs. Bossman
ORAS2: Ashaury vs. DylaTheRed
BW: Acast vs. Pk-kaiser
Fire Monothreat: Azian vs. Croven
AAA: 1 True Lycan vs. Firnen
STABmons: Raseri vs. All Falls Down
Hidden Type: Bondie vs. Trade

vs.

ORAS1:
ORAS2:
BW:
Fire Monothreat:
AAA:
STABmons:
Hidden Type:

vs.

ORAS1: iZenith vs. Clearly
ORAS 2:Balto vs. Pezmango
BW: Cnorth26 vs. Chimplup
Monothreat: AM Zer0 vs. Auburn
AAA: Suspense vs. Zewwok
STABmons: DEG vs. unfixable
Hidden Type: Illusio vs. Animus

Last edited:

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Ahhh its here already, hold up for this savagery

Jkjk lets have a fun n clean series

Last edited:

DoW

formally Death on Wings
I'm supposed to be clean facing an opponent with Devious in their name?!?
Hey at least we're not lewd. Owait, who made the original post about a clean series?

Also I have a logo scp, just cuz I like more circular logos doesn't stop it from being a logo and I'd like to see you try to put those logos as your avatars.

scpinion

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey at least we're not lewd. Owait, who made the original post about a clean series?

Also I have a logo scp, just cuz I like more circular logos doesn't stop it from being a logo and I'd like to see you try to put those logos as your avatars.
send me the link to a logo that isn't 200 pixels wide. :P

scpinion

Gonna wreck your opponent like you wrecked your budget with your first 3 bids? ;)
yeah...this is just too good to pass up

aquas0und joins the Ambitious Altarias for 27500
ILight joins the Ambitious Altarias for 25000
ScorpionZ joins the Ambitious Altarias for 20000

~3/4 of the budget gone...

DoW

formally Death on Wings
http://snag.gy/NGc3x.jpg Happy now? I want you to understand how difficult it is to resize things in MS paint without completely destroying the height/width ratio BTW, what with me not having photoshop and all <_<

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Time to stop shitposting and trashtalking and actually make some educated predictions!

On a quick overview, Freeroamer's team seems to be very starstudded with notable ORAS mono players such as Mega Pikachu, Arvada-, and ArkenCiel, who are all great tour players, as well as ladderers. The Lewd Lucario's look to be strongest in the ORAS mono section, although knowing DM he will have looked at replays to try and draft a good all-around team (if he got any lol). DM's team appears to be a solid contender with many good players across the board, despite the fact that he only drafted the minimum 9 people.

Anttya is a nub that only drafts her friends :] Oh wait that's cuz their good. Although dropping 3/4 of your budget right off the bat isn't highly recommended lmao. Underrated players ftw amirite?

Dirpz made a pretty good team as well. With 2 mono mods, a mono voice, galbia (badges o.o), QuoteCS (global driver and more badges), and raseri (most badges I've ever seen on one user on smogon lmao) this team could be a force to be reckoned with, especially as it has some solid players outside of those with badges/promotions.

Omega-Xis14 Xissy bby assembled a pretty good team as well D: Why all teams is good <.< With many good players, again including mono room staff, this is yet another solid team. unfixable is amazing, especially at STABmons, so he will likely be a key team member. Also Omega is bae <3

scpinion did a pretty good job as well in getting a good all-around team. With a team including PK-Kaiser and afd, this is gonna be a solid team.

Articuno I ah, DoW. Why would you drop 20K on DEG? He's a nub that is only good at 1v1 <.< jk DEG fren :] If DEG uses his bucketloads of free time to git gud at a couple of these tiers (like seriously, who has enough free time to get and keep so many alts in the top 20 on the ladder <.<) then he could end up being a very valuable team member. Don't let me down buddy :] With other names such as Illusio and Snaquaza fren (who btw, has implemented many mono OMs on his aqua server if you didn't know, cuz he's just awesome like that) this team looks like it will be very good at playing mono OMs. Shoutout for actually drafting yourself, unlike some other nubs (*cough* nubttya *cough*)

Sorry if I didn't mention everybody, I don't know everyone here very well, so I just dropped some opinions on the general teams before matchups are made :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)