Monotype Premier League II [Draft Complete]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ORAS Monotype Drafting Guide
Made by Barian

With Monotype Premier League II drafts coming up, I thought I would make a drafting guide for the ORAS Monotype players, split into 3 categories: Best draft picks, decent draft picks, and who shouldn't be picked at all. This should give some managers an insight on who to pick and who not to pick. (Not including assistant managers since they are already retained to a team)

Best draft picks-

Mega Ridley- If you need someone who will pull out a win every week for you, this is your guy. Despite being a newer player to the monotype scene at the time, Ridley has had an impressive 5-1 Record in MPL1, and is overall a consistent ORAS slot. He's a jack of all trades so he's hard to counter style, and is a great addition to the team in general. The only issue I can find with him is activity issues, but I'm sure he will sort that out when the tournament starts.

Paleo- A veteran player from XY who took a break, he's back and better than ever. With impressive monotype tournament performance in the past few months and ladder consistency, I would have to say Paleo is one of the best, if not the best Monotype player this season. Great team builder, good sense of sportsmanship, and overall a great presence to any team.

1 True Lycan- Lycan has a lot cut out for him that many other players don't. Winner of MLT(Monotype Ladder Tournament) and an impressive 4-0 record in ULC, this already shows he has alot of tournament experience. What's even better is that Lycan isn't only limited to ORAS, but can play other tiers such as AAA, Stabmons, and even Mono UU, so he is overall a versatile player for any team. His building might not be up to standards with the two above, but I'm sure he will do just fine otherwise.

Wyn- Nothing really much to say here, a drafting ranking isn't needed to know how good this guy is. Ask anyone around and you will know he is a great player overall. On the downside, he is a little prone to being counter styled in certain situations, and I don't think he would be motivated enough to make new teams. His building ability is slightly above average so with the right push to get him going, he should be just fine and pull in some good wins.

Arifeen- One of the better tournament players in this tour, but he hasn't played in over 2 years and probably doesn't know the tier anymore. If anything he will be getting teams from others or building his own. But Arifeen has the best tournament experience overall out of all the ORAS players that signed up, so I believe he will be just fine. Compared with his great ORAS record last year this guy absolutely is a must draft pick.

ArkenCiel- ArkenCiel's peak of play was at least year, but I believe he fell off a bit. He may be more prone to being counter teamed since he uses specific builds, and I'm not sure he's motivated to make more. Don't get me wrong this guy is a great draft pick, but I'm sure this time around his opponents will be more careful, and more selective when fighting him. Never the less, Arken has earned a #6 spot for best draft picks, due to his positive record from last year, ability as a team player, and overall consistency.

Decent draft picks-
BushTush- I wouldn't say this guy is the best builder or that great of a team player, but he knows what he's doing ingame. If you want an ORAS slot and don't want to spend too much on anyone else this is your guy.

Clearly- Not sure how much this guy plays anymore, but last season he brought some really creative teams, 1 which beat me really badly so I have to give him some credit. He seems like a team player and a good sport, but I'm not sure how he will compare to the other guys. Only time can tell and let's see what he can bring.

Balto- Another OG player, who I feel isn't motivated enough to the tournament. He has been playing other tiers lately and plays Monotype a little bit, so I'm not sure how he will perform this year, considering his 1-4 record last season. Hopefully he can shape up before the tournament starts, or he might have another bad run ahead of him.

TheAce22- Honestly this guy gets a little bit too much shit, he's honestly decent. If you give him a team, he can perform well. Unfortunately, this guy really brings nothing to a team, since he can't really build his own teams as much, and isn't really as good as the rest of the players. He has won a few tours which is impressive but he got lucky in most of his game's. Despite all that I believe he is somewhat of a decent draft pick if you have a final 3k you wanna waste.

WHO NOT TO DRAFT-

Terrors- if you really don't give a fuck about your team line up this is who you draft. This guy really has zero metagame knowledge and I'm not sure how he even slithered his way into getting known in our community, but whatever he did it worked. On the bright side he CAN probably play slightly below average and is smart enough to use somewhat decent sample teams knowing his are awful which is why he is higher than the user below.

Stunfisk The Great- If you need a team mascot this is an easy draft because he won't bring anything else to your team. Putting Jynx as a viable ice cleric wasn't enough to start off his career, but he also had to make himself a meme in other aspects. If you're happy with your ORAS slot going 0-5 this season then be my guest and draft him, otherwise don't waste your money.

Hope these help with your drafting! Let's have a great season.

Last edited:

sceeeeeenes

Banned deucer.
literally who
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
ORAS Monotype Drafting Guide
Made by Barian

With Monotype Premier League II drafts coming up, I thought I would make a drafting guide for the ORAS Monotype players, split into 3 categories: Best draft picks, decent draft picks, and who shouldn't be picked at all. This should give some managers an insight on who to pick and who not to pick. (Not including assistant managers since they are already retained to a team)

Best draft picks-

Mega Ridley- If you need someone who will pull out a win every week for you, this is your guy. Despite being a newer player to the monotype scene at the time, Ridley has had an impressive 5-1 Record in MPL1, and is overall a consistent ORAS slot. He's a jack of all trades so he's hard to counter style, and is a great addition to the team in general. The only issue I can find with him is activity issues, but I'm sure he will sort that out when the tournament starts.

Paleo- A veteran player from XY who took a break, he's back and better than ever. With impressive monotype tournament performance in the past few months and ladder consistency, I would have to say Paleo is one of the best, if not the best Monotype player this season. Great team builder, good sense of sportsmanship, and overall a great presence to any team.

1 True Lycan- Lycan has a lot cut out for him that many other players don't. Winner of MLT(Monotype Ladder Tournament) and an impressive 4-0 record in ULC, this already shows he has alot of tournament experience. What's even better is that Lycan isn't only limited to ORAS, but can play other tiers such as AAA, Stabmons, and even Mono UU, so he is overall a versatile player for any team. His building might not be up to standards with the two above, but I'm sure he will do just fine otherwise.

Wyn- Nothing really much to say here, a drafting ranking isn't needed to know how good this guy is. Ask anyone around and you will know he is a great player overall. On the downside, he is a little prone to being counter styled in certain situations, and I don't think he would be motivated enough to make new teams. His building ability is slightly above average so with the right push to get him going, he should be just fine and pull in some good wins.

Arifeen- One of the better tournament players in this tour, but he hasn't played in over 2 years and probably doesn't know the tier anymore. If anything he will be getting teams from others or building his own. But Arifeen has the best tournament experience overall out of all the ORAS players that signed up, so I believe he will be just fine. Compared with his great ORAS record last year this guy absolutely is a must draft pick.

ArkenCiel- ArkenCiel's peak of play was at least year, but I believe he fell off a bit. He may be more prone to being counter teamed since he uses specific builds, and I'm not sure he's motivated to make more. Don't get me wrong this guy is a great draft pick, but I'm sure this time around his opponents will be more careful, and more selective when fighting him. Never the less, Arken has earned a #6 spot for best draft picks, due to his positive record from last year, ability as a team player, and overall consistency.

Decent draft picks-
BushTush- I wouldn't say this guy is the best builder or that great of a team player, but he knows what he's doing ingame. If you want an ORAS slot and don't want to spend too much on anyone else this is your guy.

Clearly- Not sure how much this guy plays anymore, but last season he brought some really creative teams, 1 which beat me really badly so I have to give him some credit. He seems like a team player and a good sport, but I'm not sure how he will compare to the other guys. Only time can tell and let's see what he can bring.

Balto- Another OG player, who I feel isn't motivated enough to the tournament. He has been playing other tiers lately and plays Monotype a little bit, so I'm not sure how he will perform this year, considering his 1-4 record last season. Hopefully he can shape up before the tournament starts, or he might have another bad run ahead of him.

TheAce22- Honestly this guy gets a little bit too much shit, he's honestly decent. If you give him a team, he can perform well. Unfortunately, this guy really brings nothing to a team, since he can't really build his own teams as much, and isn't really as good as the rest of the players. He has won a few tours which is impressive but he got lucky in most of his game's. Despite all that I believe he is somewhat of a decent draft pick if you have a final 3k you wanna waste.

WHO NOT TO DRAFT-

Terrors- if you really don't give a fuck about your team line up this is who you draft. This guy really has zero metagame knowledge and I'm not sure how he even slithered his way into getting known in our community, but whatever he did it worked. On the bright side he CAN probably play slightly below average and is smart enough to use somewhat decent sample teams knowing his are awful which is why he is higher than the user below.

Stunfisk The Great- If you need a team mascotthis is an easy draft because he won't bring anything else to your team. Putting Jynx as a viable ice cleric wasn't enough to start off his career, but he also had to make himself a meme in other aspects. If you're happy with your ORAS slot going 0-5 this season then be my guest and draft him, otherwise don't waste your money.

Hope these help with your drafting! Let's have a great season.
ye i agree with all except the ace 22 tbh lol

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow what a great list, that like covers enough people to fill 1 out of the 8 teams, getting some good mileage outta that

Reactions: DoW

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yea lol, because all of those people would be on 1 team. If you wanted to be a smartass don't reply.
why cant i be a smartass D:
anyway it's more the issue with having 60-something people and only so many recognizable names, the list itself is probably fine as a guide

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
Well, I saw Barian's post and i felt motivated so..
dusk raimon: Really solid builder and I've seen him win SO many battles as he completley utilizes medicham to its full potential as a scarf mon on psychic type. I also enjoy how he ABUSES cobalion's bulk with a 252 hp 252 + defense spread to make sure he still dies to excadrill's sand and he can't outspeed ANY mon.
KGBeast: Personal favorite, really. Having the ability to click earthquake with excadrill/mamoswine anything really truely expresses his skill as a player. Really solid and only crits 10 times each battle he plays. Also he has access to a stolen archive from a (censored) clan so he's set..
Megazard: Solid player, as he originates from the PU room, he also uses PU mons in Monotype to rep.
realshady: Although he may not be the best of players, if you want a super loving and kind player on your team, he's your guy! Everyone loves him and his ladder ranking. He is able to utilize a diverse variety of types and hates on players that use less generic types like electric but that's his only flaw.
Overseer: Technically, he's not a blacklisted user if he evades on different alts! Probably the smartest player out of this entire list. To think that while he was perma banned on smogon,he had the clever idea of making his newly evaded smogon username a phrase that he spammed shows he is capable in battle.
pokemonfansuper: Best fairy user you could ever wish for. Sub to him on youtube and find him under "pokemon fairy rap freestyle" Going 20-0 in MPL.
thesecondbest: He is the moderator of monotype forums, why wouldn't you draft him? Only this kind of amazing player could EVER suggest banded manaphy to you.
Marquis Of Blaze/Physical Tyranitar: same ^
Chil*lax* famu ;w; waz just a mem
there are too many so here's a brief list. pk kaiser, Twix (really bad player), paleo, Attribute, balto, Arifeen, all falls down, Sabella and every other assmen.

If you like this post you will get 10 years of good luck on ps, if you scroll you will not get drafted in MPL.

Last edited:

MZ

Megazard: Solid player, as he originates from the PU room, he also uses PU mons in Monotype to rep.
Didn't plan to post here again but I do have to point out the clear error here, Surskit is, in fact, Little Cup, or even, indeed FU,, and not, a PU Pokemon. Have a nice day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)