Monotype Premier League II [Draft Complete]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
Well, I saw Barian's post and i felt motivated so..
dusk raimon: Really solid builder and I've seen him win SO many battles as he completley utilizes medicham to its full potential as a scarf mon on psychic type. I also enjoy how he ABUSES cobalion's bulk with a 252 hp 252 + defense spread to make sure he still dies to excadrill's sand and he can't outspeed ANY mon.
KGBeast: Personal favorite, really. Having the ability to click earthquake with excadrill/mamoswine anything really truely expresses his skill as a player. Really solid and only crits 10 times each battle he plays. Also he has access to a stolen archive from a (censored) clan so he's set..
Megazard: Solid player, as he originates from the PU room, he also uses PU mons in Monotype to rep.
realshady: Although he may not be the best of players, if you want a super loving and kind player on your team, he's your guy! Everyone loves him and his ladder ranking. He is able to utilize a diverse variety of types and hates on players that use less generic types like electric but that's his only flaw.
Overseer: Technically, he's not a blacklisted user if he evades on different alts! Probably the smartest player out of this entire list. To think that while he was perma banned on smogon,he had the clever idea of making his newly evaded smogon username a phrase that he spammed shows he is capable in battle.
pokemonfansuper: Best fairy user you could ever wish for. Sub to him on youtube and find him under "pokemon fairy rap freestyle" Going 20-0 in MPL.
thesecondbest: He is the moderator of monotype forums, why wouldn't you draft him? Only this kind of amazing player could EVER suggest banded manaphy to you.
Marquis Of Blaze/Physical Tyranitar: same ^
Chil*lax* famu ;w; waz just a mem
there are too many so here's a brief list. pk kaiser, Twix (really bad player), paleo, Attribute, balto, Arifeen, all falls down, Sabella and every other assmen.

If you like this post you will get 10 years of good luck on ps, if you scroll you will not get drafted in MPL.
aces set was max defense cobalion, and using scarf medi in a challenge match for mono stabmons isn't making me bad. blame ace for the max defense cobalion.

Last edited:

TheAce22

Banned deucer.
just thought id say I have a really bad cough. k-kill yourself. WHOOPS. yeah max defense cobalion was aces set, scarf medicham was a meme. tbh I think you should shut up. dickhead
Lax it only takes like 80-90 from band e quake! It's a pretty good set honestly if u utilize it the right way and it complements your team well.

>Blame Ace

Last edited:

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
aces set was max defense cobalion, and using scarf medi in a challenge match for mono stabmons isn't making me bad. blame ace for the max defense cobalion.
Lax it only takes like 80-90 from band e quake! It's a pretty good set honestly if u utilize it the right way and it complements your team well.

>Blame Ace
<><><><><><<>><>it's a mem you dip
famu ;w; whole #delta is after me...

Last edited:

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
So while alot of the people have made this a bit of a joke im going to spend a few minutes and give a list of a few player i noticed that i think will be good buys this year. I will not be including do not drafts as i think its probably just not productive and i want to stay positive. I will start my list off with some good lowkey potential game changing pick ups.

Crestfall While i really want him for my team I will still post it here. He was picked up last year and had an impressive 3-2 record in BW. He has a great knowledge of the oras metagame also and could step in and play that to.

thecrystalonix extremely nice guy great team player and great knowledge of lower tier pokemon. Very solid pick for UU monotype.

EienSeiryuu an origin member but nonetheless a great player. Ive had the change to watch Eien play in some good high pressure situations and also vs disadvantages during ULC this season and I have to say I was impressed. I cant speak for a diversity in types because I dont think she/he has an extreme diversity but a skilled/team player none the less

rozes Who ever gets this guy is in for a treat while this wont be his main focus he is an astounding player. He is currently playing in SPL right now and is maining the lower tiers for his team. This is a guy that will play anything for you and will do it with a great amount of skill. He hasnt played much monotype but paired with a good assman that will supply well put together teams I think this guy can be an amazing pickup for all teams.

Ticken A very old user but a very skilled one at that. He doesnt ladder much but he is hands down the best monothreat player ever. Hes talented in Oras and is a complete team player. This is a loveable and skilled guy you cant turn down.

Confide. This guy is a Jack of all trades. Skilled at a bunch of different tiers very eager to learn and loves to build. He has a good amount experience in monotype and in other metas. I think he will go for more then most people expect with his vast amount of knowledge about multiple metagames.

TheThorn I spend alot of time with this guy so I know hes is probably one of the nicest people on PS. He also one of the most talented to. Another guy who can step in and play a multitude of metagames for you with both ORAS and BW knowledge. He has very good in game instincts which is very invaluable to any team

Crashy Someone Ive watched play from when I joined ps and was always impressed with his diversity and ungeneric team building skills. Im not sure how much of a team guy he is but he will always give you a solid battle and if u need a nice pick up late in the draft this may be your dude.

Ok Im tired of writing so I will hit so more tomorrow hope this helps anyone down the road looking for knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rumor

when bae sees your sketchers light up
since booty forgot me in this list lemme give you some good reasons to buy rumor for ur team

#1: makes bomb ass quesadillas

#2: beat Kaiser (#1 draft pick) with a doduo

#3: gives great relationship advice

#4: has 38 followers on smogon.com and is currently bronze 4 in league of legends

#5: can be a dedicated meme slot and will not stray from it

#6: can literally play every type

#7: alright not every type but im kinda ok at a couple

with that said i hope u take me into ur warm nest of friendship this season, hags

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, there's too many draft guides here. For the average manager this is very confusing and this could result in them not picking you based off of an inferior draft guide. Therefore I present to you the latest project:
Approved by: I do what I want
Monotype Draft Guide Viability Rankings
waiting on art
S Rank
Reserved for guides that are amazing to read. These guides are either an excellent snapshot of who managers should pay for or provide some superior memes for the masses.
  • Azelea's Serious guide: Not only does this come out with a strong anti-flame message but it provides unique insight into some players who may have been overlooked by managers
  • Barian's First and serious guide: Something a manager might actually want to check before the draft, even provides a handy "do not buy" list. The sheer seriousness outweighs the potential issues with length

A Rank
Reserved for guides that are fantastic in the prediction metagame, and can meme, help, or get likes from significant portions of the readerbase. These guides require less thought than most others to be used effectively and have few flaws that can easily be overlooked when compared to their positive traits.

B Rank
Reserved for guides that are great in the prediction metagame. These guides have more notable flaws than those above them that affect how they function as support. Their positive traits still outshine their negatives, but they require a bit more thought to bring out their full potential.

C Rank
Reserved for guides that have notable niches in the prediction metagame, but have just as many notable flaws that prevent them from being effective. Guides in the C tier often require significant conscious thought to be effective. Guides from this rank tend to face a lot of competition with the more commonly used guides.

VR Council
Megazard
My next door neighbor's table
Colbur Berry
Meteordash
Dream Eater Gengar (he's on like every council anyway)

This list is now open for discussion and death threats against the council, and we will be adding more as more guides are produced

Last edited:

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ok, there's too many draft guides here. For the average manager this is very confusing and this could result in them not picking you based off of an inferior draft guide. Therefore I present to you the latest project:
waiting on art
S Rank
Reserved for guides that are amazing to read. These guides are either an excellent snapshot of who managers should pay for or provide some superior memes for the masses.
  • Azelea's Serious guide: Not only does this come out with a strong anti-flame message but it provides unique insight into some players who may have been overlooked by managers
  • Barian's First and serious guide: Something a manager might actually want to check before the draft, even provides a handy "do not buy" list. The sheer seriousness outweighs the potential issues with length

A Rank
Reserved for guides that are fantastic in the prediction metagame, and can meme, help, or get likes from significant portions of the readerbase. These guides require less thought than most others to be used effectively and have few flaws that can easily be overlooked when compared to their positive traits.

B Rank
Reserved for guides that are great in the prediction metagame. These guides have more notable flaws than those above them that affect how they function as support. Their positive traits still outshine their negatives, but they require a bit more thought to bring out their full potential.
  • Rakem's Pick me guide: Short and to the point but well received with a solid amount of likes
  • Paleo's DnD Summary: Correct about who not to draft but only provides two lines of information
  • Sabella's Longest guide: Comes out with some good suggestions but does not make it clear when the suggestions have become memes rather than serious, leaving it up to a manager to make the distinction. Also

C Rank
Reserved for guides that have notable niches in the prediction metagame, but have just as many notable flaws that prevent them from being effective. Guides in the C tier often require significant conscious thought to be effective. Guides from this rank tend to face a lot of competition with the more commonly used guides.

VR Council
Megazard
Colbur Berry
Meteordash

This list is now open for discussion and death threats against the council, and we will be adding more as more guides are produced
LOL XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

edit: I'll make some art for that VR

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
I dont know who put innomania raseri and cromat in my guide bc i didnt add them at all and looks like someone hacked my smog account and editted my post bc that wasnt their last night when i made the post. My post was completely serious and ended after crashy

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I dont know who put innomania raseri and cromat in my guide bc i didnt add them at all and looks like someone hacked my smog account and editted my post bc that wasnt their last night when i made the post. My post was completely serious and ended after crashy
Hint: PS! mods are the moderators of this sub-forum and we've given them a thread w/ a bunch of shitposts to moderate for the last 2 weeks.

Sabella's draft rankings for S/A rank

This may be met with some blowback, but hear me out. The reason Sabella's draft rankings were unviable in the January 25th mpl thread meta, the unclear seriousness or memeing, has been made invalid, and now is at worst a high A rank, if not an S rank draft ranking. The suggestions provide genuine picks that will provide managers help come draft day, and even provides solid advice on what slot their picks should be drafted in. Definitely at least A+.

sceeeeeenes

Banned deucer.
just thought id say I have a really bad cough. k-kill yourself. WHOOPS. yeah max defense cobalion was aces set, scarf medicham was a meme. it was also in mono stabmons .__. tbh I think you should shut up. dickhead.
and if u say u were serious, I think you should probably be drafted just for being a lord. THE lord.
its not worth it raimon, you're just gonna upset the circle jerkers
waiting on art
S Rank

A Rank

B Rank
  • Rakem's Pick me guide: Short and to the point but well received with a solid amount of likes
  • Paleo's DnD Summary: Correct about who not to draft but only provides two lines of information
  • Sabella's Longest guide: Comes out with some good suggestions but does not make it clear when the suggestions have become memes rather than serious, leaving it up to a manager to make the distinction. Also

C Rank

VR Council
Megazard
Colbur Berry
Meteordash

lol? u missed the point, mine werent serious.....

waiting on art
S Rank

A Rank

B Rank

C Rank

VR Council
Megazard
Colbur Berry
Meteordash

What can I say? I like to get straight to the point. That being said, the point of MPL is to win, and I plan to get straight to the point if I'm drafted.

Reactions: lax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)