Monotype Teambuilding Competition V2 Cycle 16 - Infernape + Fletchinder [Voting Stage]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to terrors for winning! s/o to Anttya for second place. Great work, everyone!
Anttya: 3
terrors: 7
Dece1t: 2
average fella: 2
Rimz: 1

This week's type is ice, and its Pokemon will be...

Aurorus, and

Rotom-Frost!​
Teambuilding deadline: 6/21
Voting Deadline: 6/25
Poll should go up when voting begins.
As a side note, I'll be away for the majority of this week. I'll be back on the 25th, but until then, Dece1t will handle the project.​

Aurorus @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Encore

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Razor Shell
- Rock Blast

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 80 HP / 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

Avalugg @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 220 Def
Impish Nature
- Avalanche
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Weavile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick
- Pursuit

This was a pretty innovative core, it featured 2 mons that don't have a lot of spotlight on Ice Teams as it is, but work great together! It's a little weird for me to not run a Mega, so I had to team build a bit differently than I'm often used to, and put mons into roles that I've never really had them play before.

Aurorus was the first required mon, and I snatched Broc's lead set, which I can't lie is pretty fun to use. Stealth Rock help tremendously vs Fire and Flying both, limiting switching and wears down mons gradually. Blizzard is the main STAB attack, with a pretty fair amount of power backed behind it. Thunder Wave really helps to slow down major threats, and make them much more manageable. Encore is pretty nifty, especially against opposing leads and set up sweepers, locking them into the last move they used. Snow-Warning is an awesome ability, automatically setting hail up upon switching, so it can break sashes, and allow both it and Rotom to fire off perfect accuracy Blizzards! Aurorus is pretty underrated in my option, and probably could be considered for teams more often!

Rotom-Frost is the 2nd mon I needed, and I opted for bulky Choice Specs set. The reason being is that it is 1 of 3 viable checks to Scizor, and I have a nice winton vs Water (which surprisingly enough can often prove to be difficult without Lapras or Rotom). From there he's kinda self explanatory.

Cloyster was the 3rd mon I decided on the reason being I have a nice cleaner since I'm now using a different Kyurem set. Jolly Nature allows it to outspend Victini after a Shell Smash boost, and it speed ties with Jolly Breloom, which can be pretty nifty. Here I decided to use Razor Shell over Ice Shard/Hydro Pump because I wanted a more reliable Water STAB, which can make mons like Heatran a little easier to handle.

Kyurem I typically opt for Choice Scarf, given its incredible power and ease to sweep once incredibly bulky walls are out, but on this team I wanted to give LO Kyurem a shot. I was lacking a good Wallbreaker without Mega Glalie or Mamoswine, so I resorted to Kyurem to take on that role. Movies I don't think I need to go over, but Roost is to keep it around for a while and prevent it from being too worn down.

Avalugg I feel is mandatory to have on an Ice Team if you want any success. He is the best Physical Wall you can have, and on top of that it has access to Rapid Spin (which is a must given all Ice mons bar Piloswine and Mamoswine are weak to SR). He has the ability to check Terrakion, Bisharp, Mega Lopunny, and Heracross with a combination of Rocky Helment and Avalance/Earthquake. Incredibly obligatory to have, its a godsend from Gen 6!

The last pokemon I decided on Choice Scarf Weavile. I've been wanting to try this, given it can outspend and KO both Victini and Jirachi (the 2nd of which typically most times people will click X). It's unbelievably fast, imagining with an Adamant Nature its only 1 speed point short of base 110s, you can imagine he's no joke. Knock Off and Icicle Crash are your main STABs, Low Kick is for general Fighting coverage, and Pursuit is for mons that feel safe to switch out against it, and usually take pretty heavy damage.

Last edited:

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

Aurorus (M) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Blizzard
- Earth Power / Thunder Wave
- Encore

Avalugg (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Avalanche
- Roar
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Mamoswine (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Icicle Crash

Wallbreaker Kyurem-B set with coverage to deal with a large number of Pokemon and enough Speed for base 80's with a Speed boosting nature. Earth Power and Hidden Power Fire deal with Steel types which are Ice's biggest weakness, Fusion Bolt hits Water-types and Ice Beam is its STAB move.

Lead Aurorus set with Stealth Rock, Blizzard which is a very strong STAB move and nice to spam under hail and Earth Power hits Steel-types. Alternatively Thunder Wave is an option to cripple Pokemon, especially fast threats. Encore in the final slot helps vs Pokemon that try to set-up turn one, set-up hazards etc.

Standard Avalugg set, very bulky on the physical side and the spinner of the team. Due to its low Speed, Avalanche is almost always gonna go second and get a high base power of 120. Roar is for phasing out set-up sweepers as Avalugg can tank any one hit thanks to Sturdy.

Rotom-F with 108 EVs in HP allow it to 100% live a +2 Bullet Punch from Adamant Mega Scizor and take it out with HP Fire. Choice Scarf is for outspeeding max Speed Mega Scizor as they carry Superpower. With the invested bulk and the Speed gained from the Choice Scarf, Rotom-F becomes a reliable Mega Scizor answer if rocks are off the field. Volt Switch hits Water-types and is nice for gaining momentum. Blizzard is a high base power STAB attack and it's nice to spam if hail is up thanks to Aurorus.

Weavile is a strong and really fast physical wallbreaker. It's a Swords Dance set with three STAB attacks that are nice to spam, especially Knock Off. Very useful vs Psychic.

Choice Scarf Mamoswine gives the team some Speed control. Earthquake is a STAB attack that hits anything pretty hard, especially Steel-types. Superpower is for things like Ferrothorn and Air Balloon Heatran which Earthquake won't work well against. Stone Edge is for hitting Mega Charizard Y, another threat to Ice and finally, Icicle Crash is its second STAB attack with a decent base power.

akaFila

butterscotch love

Rotom-Frost @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Aurorus @ Focus Sash
Happiness: 0
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Blizzard
- Earth Power
- Thunder Wave

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Ice Shard

Avalugg @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Avalanche
- Mirror Coat

Cloyster @ White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 100 Atk / 156 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Icicle Spear

Kyurem-Black @ Light Clay
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Dragon Breath
- Roost

I'll add later .-.

Reactions: 6ti

Aurorus @ Focus Sash
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Blizzard
- Encore

Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Avalugg @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Avalanche
- Roar
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Blizzard
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Outrage

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Walrein @ Choice Specs
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Frost Breath

Aurorus: This core immediately struck me as a hail core, one that I haven't explored as much as Aboma/Rotom. I immediately went with Broc's suicide lead set to satisfy most Ice teams' need for Stealth Rock.
Rotom: This is one of the main hail abusers of the team.(works well in hail both for residual dmg and 100% accurate Blizzard. A far cry from things like Excadrill, oh well.) The moves are fairly self-explanatory, I didn't go with the Sciz counter set because I don't like it, and prefer the potential speed and power of Rotom-F in hail.
Avalugg: I always prefer Roar Avalugg over EQ Avalugg, calling out hard switches with my lack of good Ground coverage on the team may help, but there really is no beating Roar's utility. Otherwise totally standard.
Kyurem-B: Standard set, Kyurem-B benefits from Hail quite a bit, thanks to quite a few rolls being eased or eliminated entirely thanks to Hail's residual damage. Also Blizzard does more to the Grass core and makes it easier to break Flying.
Mega-Abomasnow: I thought about making the last two members some pig+filler core, but I decided that the core lent itself to hail being up most of the time, so I opted for Aboma/Walrein in the last two slots. This is one of your best ways to break walls, very few things can resist its coverage, it's also your one-stop shop for Ice Shard revenge kills.
Walrein: Standard set with Blizzard>Signal Beam to hit harder and never miss in hail. Does a number to Fire, Bug, Steel, Dark, Ground, and Grass.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6ti

Seo.

Nice guys always finish last...

Aurorus @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Blizzard
- Encore
- Thunder Wave

Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Outrage

Avalugg (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Avalanche
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Roar

Walrein @ Choice Specs
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Frost Breath
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Signal Beam

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Aurorus: Stealth Rock setter to weaken things like Charizard, Volcarona and Victini. Blizzard doesnt miss in hail which is provided by Snow Warning. Thunder Wave is just to cripple fast threats, and encore is for set up sweepers and hazard setters.
Rotom-Frost: Blizzard doesnt miss under the hail that is provided by Aurorus, an alternative is Ice Beam is you dont want to rely completely on the hail and appreciate the accuracy. HP Fire is for threats such as Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Magnezone. Volt Switch is to gain momentum + STAB. Trick is to cripple bulky pokemon such as chansey, porygon 2, and skarmory.
Kyurem-Black: an amazing wallbreaker and late game sweeper, Outrage and Ice Beam are both really good STAB. Fusion Bolt is to check things like Gyarados and Slowbro. Earthpower is to cripple fire and rock type pokemon.
Avalugg: Ice doesnt appreciate hazards at all, so having Avalugg as a spinner is useful for ice. Roar is to force switch out mons such as Gyarados and other set up sweepers. Recover is just to regain a bit of HP and Avalanche is STAB + since its slow it does double the damage if it gets hit first.
Walrein: HP Fire for Scizor/Ferrothorn and STAB Surf is for rock and fire types.
Mamoswine: takes half damage from fire type attacks with think fat. Ice Shard is for priority, Earthquake and Icicle Crash are both good STAB. Superpower is to check things like Chansey and Tyranitar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)