Monotype Viability Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
I know usage does not necessarily equal viability, but you would think that not being in the top 24 most used Pokemon for your type should be an indicator that it basically sucks. Bellossom is 100% outclassed, and I believe that it should remain unlisted.

I know usage does not necessarily equal viability, but you would think that not being in the top 24 most used Pokemon for your type should be an indicator that it basically sucks. Bellossom is 100% outclassed, and I believe that it should remain unlisted.
Because no one even try it and then judge it because people just look at and say it suck.

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Because no one even try it and then judge it because people just look at and say it suck.
No matter how many times you say "you don't know how good it is because you've never used it" our opinions won't change. Want to know why? Because Bellossom DOES suck. No matter how much you like it, that fact that it is outclassed will not change. New metas may arise out of trying new things, but Bellossom is one of those things that just is not viable because literally everything it can do can be done way better by something else. Unrated is most appropriate for it, but D rank at absolute maximum.

Entei

TIMMEHHHHHHHHHHHHhHhhhh
is a Tiering Contributor
No matter how many times you say "you don't know how good it is because you've never used it" our opinions won't change. Want to know why? Because Bellossom DOES suck. No matter how much you like it, that fact that it is outclassed will not change. New metas may arise out of trying new things, but Bellossom is one of those things that just is not viable because literally everything it can do can be done way better by something else. Unrated is most appropriate for it, but D rank at absolute maximum.
Wanted to say the same but it sounded a little too brutal for me to say :/

Well said :/

Bellossom for B or C rank
Due to its versatility that it can offer

As Attacker

Bellossom@Weakness policy
There are 2 ways to use bellossom with WP
1.Special attack
Nature: calm
EV: 252HP/96SPATK/160SPDEF
-sleep powder
-giga drain
-hidden rock/fire/ice
-moonblast/synthesis
This set is my classic set. Due to bellossom's bulkiness, it can survive most ohko from SE moves from unbuff opponent which will activate weakness policy and sleep the foes and counter them back with your boost power. This strategy do not need support from teammates and can counter back foes most of the time. However this set usefulness will down if bellossom did not hit by SE move and spdef wall and pokemon that resist all its move can wall it. The EVs is designed to sustain sp.atk from the like of unbuff flamthrower chandelure, dont use it to take SE hit on physcal side.

2.Physical attack
Nature: Adamant
EV: 252 HP/160 ATK/20 DEF/ 76 SPDEF
-sleep powder
-drain punch
-petal blizzard/leaf blade
-sword dance
Well this is very classic physical set that most of people know it and yes it can work better with WP free boost and more boost from SD. This set if play wisely it can punch through most of the thing however it will be useless against bug, poison, flying and sometimes on...fire and BURN status but it did work and save me many matches and some learn it the hard way. the alternative of this set is hold sitrus berry instead of WP to give you instant heal and sleep the enemy or scope len to boost crit chance if you use leafblade. It also not need much support from the team also.
*note Life orb and Assault vest can be use with bellossom too, especially AV that increase its decent spdef so you can max out spatk and hp.
*Other classic standard bellossom's atk/spatk sets, e.g. sunnyday chlorophyll combo set, life orb spatker, etc, can still be use too but need to play wisely.

As Wall/Support
Bellossom@Leftover/Rocky helmet/WP
Nature: Bold
EV: 252 HP/200 DEF/56 SPDEF or 252 HP/252 SPDEF/4 SPDEF
-sleep powder/stun spore
-moonblast
-synthesis
-giga drain/leech seed
or
-stun spore
-sleep powder
-hidden power rock/fire
-giga drain
*For special wall flip the EV and nature to calm instead
Thanks to def boost, bellossom can become physical wall to an extend with full ev def@bold can make it able to survive choice band talonflame sometimes and cripple it with status. rocky helmet can be really annoying for physical fighters and moon blast, giga drain/leech seed and hidden power can provide good coverage so these is kinda mix between wall and support and can be use to annoy anyone who underestimate it.

Conclusion
There a lot of things you can try with bellossom, its stat give it quite a versatility if you use it correctly. There are 2-3 more sets that I had tried but I will save those for later. This thing is now that useless if you using it and it need little support from the team to operate but still some set will be better with A rank class that why I support bellossom to be in B rank because of its versatility and need less support to be use and if not, C rank is also plausible for it. Well I hope you guys consider my opinion. Thanks for reading this.
Hi Grass Bloom. You need to consider that grass is generally a pretty difficult type to use and that Bellossom will be competing for a slot on the team. Even if you just consider the other pure grass type pokemon that could be used, it struggles to find a niche. The Special attacking sets could be used to better effect by Shaymin, Sceptile, Serperior or even Lilligant. The physical attacking sets outclassed by Gogoat, Sceptile and Leafeon. The wall sets at completely outclassed by Tangrowth, Bulk Up Gogoat, or even Meganium. And thats just considering the pure grass types. Only Sceptile and Serperior really see decent usage out of those, and for a good reason; they are the only ones worth using. Some calcs showing how Bellossom takes a SE hit with weakness policy and counters them would be useful to illustrate your point, or even some replays. Even you said that the special set struggles unless it is hit by a SE hit, and the physical set is pretty much useless against all of Grass's main weaknesses. I hope this clarifies some of the issues many are having with Bellossom and why is probably doesn't deserve to be ranked.

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Wanted to say the same but it sounded a little too brutal for me to say :/

Well said :/
I did essentially repeat what you said but a bit more bluntly. I don't post in threads very often, but when I do, I like to make a point. It may have come off a bit harsh I guess, but some things need to be said. I'm filing away Bellossom in the "badly needs a mega" category and I'll be looking forward to the day I see the mega flower hula dancing thing. :]

Let's take this one step at a time now.

1.Special attack
Nature: calm
EV: 252HP/96SPATK/160SPDEF
-sleep powder
-giga drain
-hidden rock/fire/ice
-moonblast/synthesis
This set is my classic set. Due to bellossom's bulkiness, it can survive most ohko from SE moves from unbuff opponent which will activate weakness policy and sleep the foes and counter them back with your boost power. This strategy do not need support from teammates and can counter back foes most of the time. However this set usefulness will down if bellossom did not hit by SE move and spdef wall and pokemon that resist all its move can wall it. The EVs is designed to sustain sp.atk from the like of unbuff flamthrower chandelure, dont use it to take SE hit on physcal side.
The thing about this set is that there's a lot of things that play the same role better than Bellossom. Mega Sceptile can play the role as a hard hitting special attacker that has more Speed and hits harder without the need to get hit first. Even Roserade can play this set better (although it really shouldn't) due to its better Speed and bulk.

It's also very situational. What would happen if Sleep Powder were to miss? What would happen if the opponent switched out the asleep Pokemon into a physical attacker? What happens if you put in the wrong Hidden Power for the matchup? There's too many variables with Bellossom. This coming from a Pokemon that "doesn't need support from teammates".

2.Physical attack
Nature: Adamant
EV: 252 HP/160 ATK/20 DEF/ 76 SPDEF
-sleep powder
-drain punch
-petal blizzard/leaf blade
-sword dance
Well this is very classic physical set that most of people know it and yes it can work better with WP free boost and more boost from SD. This set if play wisely it can punch through most of the thing however it will be useless against bug, poison, flying and sometimes on...fire and BURN status but it did work and save me many matches and some learn it the hard way. the alternative of this set is hold sitrus berry instead of WP to give you instant heal and sleep the enemy or scope len to boost crit chance if you use leafblade. It also not need much support from the team also.
It has the problems the special set had and more. Bellossom has a way better special movepool than physical movepool and also a higher SpAtk. Why even put in slash in Petal Blizzard when Leaf Blade is better? Swords Dance wouldn't help because it wouldn't survive two hits. The biggest problem is something you already said. It's useless against Bug, Poison, Flying and Fire. It'd also be pretty useless against Ghost due to being walled by Aegislash and burned by Sableye. Even with Drain Punch, it's still useless against Steel due to Skarmory and Ferrothorn existing. Finally, against Psychic and Dark, Victini and Mandibuzz wall it to no end. I might've missed a few other things there, but it's still a lot of uselessness.

If you want a good physical attacker for Grass, go for Breloom. Spore has more accuracy, Breloom has priority, and can hit much harder thanks to Technician.

*note Life orb and Assault vest can be use with bellossom too, especially AV that increase its decent spdef so you can max out spatk and hp.
*Other classic standard bellossom's atk/spatk sets, e.g. sunnyday chlorophyll combo set, life orb spatker, etc, can still be use too but need to play wisely.
tbh, Assault Vest or Chlorophyll sweeper is probably an even better set than the two Weakness Policy sets you put up there. With Assault Vest, you actually have decent special bulk and Chlorophyll can be used for a sun team. They're both still outclassed by Venusaur though.

As Wall/Support
Bellossom@Leftover/Rocky helmet/WP
Nature: Bold
EV: 252 HP/200 DEF/56 SPDEF or 252 HP/252 SPDEF/4 SPDEF
-sleep powder/stun spore
-moonblast
-synthesis
-giga drain/leech seed
or
-stun spore
-sleep powder
-hidden power rock/fire
-giga drain
*For special wall flip the EV and nature to calm instead
Thanks to def boost, bellossom can become physical wall to an extend with full ev def@bold can make it able to survive choice band talonflame sometimes and cripple it with status. rocky helmet can be really annoying for physical fighters and moon blast, giga drain/leech seed and hidden power can provide good coverage so these is kinda mix between wall and support and can be use to annoy anyone who underestimate it.
First, I'd like to say: what the heck is up with the secondary EV set? I guess you meant 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpDef.

This set is, I believe the normal old set Smogon has for NU uses. It's not good in Monotype though. It's useless against Steel, Bug, Flying, Fire, Dragon, and other types that Grass might have trouble against. So much for a good support. A better support would be Whimsicott. Whimsicott does the job of support much better than Bellossom could. Why would you have Hidden Power on a wall? It's not like it's going to do any significant damage.

Small nitpick, but what's the point of mentioning Talonflame? It's banned from Monotype. Also, that "sometimes" seems really unreliable.

Conclusion
There a lot of things you can try with bellossom, its stat give it quite a versatility if you use it correctly. There are 2-3 more sets that I had tried but I will save those for later. This thing is now that useless if you using it and it need little support from the team to operate but still some set will be better with A rank class that why I support bellossom to be in B rank because of its versatility and need less support to be use and if not, C rank is also plausible for it. Well I hope you guys consider my opinion. Thanks for reading this.
I have no idea what you just said, but from what I can interpret, some Bellossom sets would be better if it were A Rank which makes no sense.

B Rank seems a bit too high, no? Despite what you say, it DOES need support. Sticky Web support would be nice to have since Bellossom has god-awful Speed, but unfortunately, Leavanny's a little hard to use when you need so much more on Grass.

tl;dr I'd say that Bellossom is a bit too outclassed for B Rank. I'd say at most D Rank. Grass's Pokemon slots are too precious for Grass users to use on Bellossom.

+2 96 SpA Bellossom Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 234-276 (70 - 82.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Volcarona Fiery Dance vs. 252 HP / 160+ SpD Bellossom: 174-206 (49.1 - 58.1%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO

+2 96 SpA Bellossom Hidden Power Rock vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 340-400 (91.1 - 107.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
Care to take those chances?

+2 96 SpA Bellossom Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-B: 304-358 (77.7 - 91.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 96 SpA Bellossom Hidden Power Rock vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Victini: 176-208 (51.6 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 96 SpA Bellossom Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 108 SpD Mandibuzz: 260-306 (61.4 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 96 SpA Bellossom Hidden Power Rock vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Chandelure: 192-228 (73.5 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I fail to see the point in using Weakness Policy if it doesn't allow Bellossom to beat threats.

--------------------

+6 160+ Atk Bellossom Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 134-158 (40.1 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

+6 160+ Atk Bellossom Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 316-374 (89.7 - 106.2%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

+6 160+ Atk Bellossom Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Scizor: 176-208 (51.1 - 60.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This is assuming if Bellossom can even get up to +6.

--------------------

252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Bellossom: 372-438 (105 - 123.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Bellossom: 350-414 (98.8 - 116.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
lol

If the wall can't take a lot of hits, then why use it as a wall? Most other times, it's a 2HKO which is just enough to pull off 1 Stun Spore or Sleep Powder, nothing else.

I am in no way saying that Bellossom is a terrible Pokemon. It's just not good in competitive. I understand that sometimes your favourite Pokemon aren't the best (some of my favourite Pokemon include Leavanny and Torterra), but being one of your favourites can't blind you of the fact that it's not a good competitive Pokemon.

Entei

TIMMEHHHHHHHHHHHHhHhhhh
is a Tiering Contributor
Golbat for B Rank (A if you see this fit) ~ For Poison

Wall, Break, and.. Flap.

Holaaaaa~!~!~!

Need a switch-in to Excadrill? Despise Ogrekiss? Need more flyy?!
-Flap is yo savior~!

Special Thanks to ArcheDeacon for Golbat's set.

Flap (Golbat) @ Eviolite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 218 SpD l OR l 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD l OR l 248 HP/ 8 Atk / 252 Def /
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Haze/Whirlwind/Taunt
- Roost
- Defog

Coloured spread is the suggested spread, by me at least :/
Bolded moves are the more suggested moves, among other ones in the same slot.
If all moves are Bolded in that moveslot, it means these moves are important equally, for different reasons. The rest are recommended
Between us though, run Haze cause fuck Mega-Sableye ( <3 Kammi )

Why rank it so high? Lemme tell you something about Golbat.

Now you know how great a Crobat is, Offensively, and how naturally bulky it is.
Say you wanna run Crobat Defensively o3o , but you either run something else that outclasses it defensively like Mega-Venusur or Specially Defensively like Tentacruel.
But then you get ripped by Band EQ spam or some other shit.. But guess what, Golbat has FLYING typing.
#FlapFlap

Here's a fun fact:

Crobat's HP stat is only Higher than Golbat's by 10.
Crobat's SpD stat is only Higher than Golbat's by 5.
Crobat's Def stat is only Higher than Golbat's by 10.

What about just running crobat? Its obviously better Defensively AND Offensively!
Well no it isnt :/ Offensively yeah, not gonna argue about that, but lets take a look at this:
As you already know, there is this item called: Eviolite.

Lets take a look at Golbat's GIVEN Defensive stats, along with Crobat's.

Golbat:

Crobat:

Crobat's HP is higher by 10, Defense by 10, Special Defense by 5.
- Thats nothing.

Also, Crobat can't use Eviolite which you probably already figured out by now :P
Think of those stats, Invested & Eviolite.. ( For Golbat that is )

Lets compare the two, defensively, both SpD and Def.
Golbat on the Left : Crobat on the Right

[ 264 SpD (218 SpD) ] x [ 1.5 ( Eviolite) ]= 396 SpD > 284 SpD (252+ SpD)

[ 187 Def (44 Def) ] x [ 1.5 (Eviolite) ] = 280.5 284 Def (252+ Def)

(248 HP)
357 (248 HP) (248 HP) 377 (248 HP)

We've proved Golbat outclasses Crobat Defensively. Yay!
Now moving on to why run this over Tentacruel.

Dont.
If youre looking for a special wall, Run Tentacruel. it IS better.
But do if you want to have a safe switch in to threats such as Excadrill.

Golbat is AMAZING to use with Mega Venusaur, they sync together very nicely.
Mega Venusaur to be used as a Physical wall, Golbat as a Special wall. I should suggest this o3o.

Why you should run Golbat over Weezing, as a physical wall.

I would personally, prefer Weezing because of the annoying pain split & Will o Wisp.
Also because it gets a special fire move which helps dealing with Ferrothorn/Scizor ETC. AND it also gets Haze. So IMO it kind of outclasses it.

This is why I'm suggesting this , dual-ish wall Golbat, w/ Haze to stop setup sweepers, Brave Bird - powerful STAB move, Roost for le stalling skills and Defog to remove Hazards.

Here are a few calcs:

252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 44 Def Eviolite Golbat: 144-170 (40.7 - 48.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
------------------
252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 248 HP / 44 Def Eviolite Golbat: 102-120 (28.8 - 33.9%) -- 0.9% chance to 3HKO
------------------
252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 44 Def Eviolite Golbat: 114-135 (32.2 - 38.2%) -- 96.6% chance to 3HKO
------------------
+6 4 SpA Mega Sableye Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Golbat: 175-207 (49.5 - 58.6%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO
------------------
+2 0 SpA Volcarona Fiery Dance vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Golbat: 129-153 (36.5 - 43.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
~~~~~~~~~~
0 Atk Golbat Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Volcarona: 230-272 (61.6 - 72.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery - XD

Anyway, I don't want to make this longer.
Put this monster on B.
Put it on A if it seems fitting. I think it's good enough for A :/

Last edited:
Golbat for B Rank (A if you see this fit) ~ For Poison

Wall, Break, and.. Flap.

Holaaaaa~!~!~!

Need a switch-in to Excadrill? Despise Ogrekiss? Need more flyy?!
-Flap is yo savior~!

Special Thanks to ArcheDeacon for Golbat's set.

Flap (Golbat) @ Eviolite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 218 SpD l OR l 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD l OR l 248 HP/ 8 Atk / 252 Def /
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Haze/Whirlwind/Taunt
- Roost
- Defog

Coloured spread is the suggested spread, by me at least :/
Bolded moves are the more suggested moves, among other ones in the same slot.
If all moves are Bolded in that moveslot, it means these moves are important equally, for different reasons. The rest are recommended
Between us though, run Haze cause fuck Mega-Sableye ( <3 Kammi )

Why rank it so high? Lemme tell you something about Golbat.

Now you know how great a Crobat is, Offensively, and how naturally bulky it is.
Say you wanna run Crobat Defensively o3o , but you either run something else that outclasses it defensively like Mega-Venusur or Specially Defensively like Tentacruel.
But then you get ripped by Band EQ spam or some other shit.. But guess what, Golbat has FLYING typing.
#FlapFlap

Here's a fun fact:

Crobat's HP stat is only Higher than Golbat's by 10.
Crobat's SpD stat is only Higher than Golbat's by 5.
Crobat's Def stat is only Higher than Golbat's by 10.

What about just running crobat? Its obviously better Defensively AND Offensively!
Well no it isnt :/ Offensively yeah, not gonna argue about that, but lets take a look at this:
As you already know, there is this item called: Eviolite.

Lets take a look at Golbat's GIVEN Defensive stats, along with Crobat's.

Golbat:

Crobat:

Crobat's HP is higher by 10, Defense by 10, Special Defense by 5.
- Thats nothing.

Also, Crobat can't use Eviolite which you probably already figured out by now :P
Think of those stats, Invested & Eviolite.. ( For Golbat that is )

Lets compare the two, defensively, both SpD and Def.
Golbat on the Left : Crobat on the Right

[ 264 SpD (218 SpD) ] x [ 1.5 ( Eviolite) ]= 396 SpD > 284 SpD (252+ SpD)

[ 187 Def (44 Def) ] x [ 1.5 (Eviolite) ] = 280.5 284 Def (252+ Def)

(248 HP)
357 (248 HP) (248 HP) 377 (248 HP)

We've proved Golbat outclasses Crobat Defensively. Yay!
Now moving on to why run this over Tentacruel.

Dont.
If youre looking for a special wall, Run Tentacruel. it IS better.
But do if you want to have a safe switch in to threats such as Excadrill.

NOT DONE. POSTED CAUSE IDEK HOW TO SAVE.
If your main point is having a switch-in to Excadrill (and all ground moves, for that matter), then you should recommend the fully physically defensive set IMO (ground types like to carry rock moves for situations like these).
Anyway, that's really the only nitpick I have with this post - well done otherwise.

Croven

certified genius
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I noticed that Mence in Flying was only a C-Rank, so I decided to check out the nom in case the set I was thinking of was outclassed and I was being naive. After reading the post, I discovered the set I had used had not come up for discussion yet, and Arifeen's nom of it, using the offensive sets, was decided to be C rank, which I wholeheartedly agree with. However, I believe that in the post-Zapdos era, Mence has a niche that can raise it up to B-Rank in Flying: it's defensive set.

Salamence @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 Spe
Timid / Jolly Nature
-Fire Blast
-Hydro Pump / Earthquake
-Defog
-Roost
(set shamelessly stolen from the Smogon analysis, look there for more details)

Mence actually has really solid bulk in tandem with Intimidate, allowing it to tank hits from mons such as LandT and even TTar, allowing it to Defog away rocks relatively easily. Fire Blast hits the common Steel hazard setters such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory, allowing it to come in and force them out, instead of inviting a stallfest. Hydro Pump hits bulky Grounds such as Hippowdon and LandT hard, essentially countering them since it easily eats up Stone Edges and Roost stalls them out. Earthquake is an alternative over Hydro Pump if you would like to hit Heatran and TTar harder, since Hydro Pump actually only 4HKO'es 252/252+ Heatran with Leftovers, and 4HKO'es 252 HP TTar in sand (5HKO if they run some bulk). If running EQ, Jolly is preferred as the main targets of Fire Blast are either 4x weak to it, or have pitiful SpDef, disregarding the minor SpAtk drop. Defog and Roost are obvious, Defog to remove SR and Roost to gain back health.

The appeal of this set is its coverage that allows Mence to actually break through the common Rocks setters instead of simply Defogging and switching out, unable to touch them. Being able to Defog on virtually every common setter in the game is such a luxury, especially when you have a type such as Flying that absolutely needs the Defog support. Simply put, the ability to threaten, force out, and subsequently Defog away the Rocks of nearly every setter in the Monotype meta gives it a niche that is sorely needed for Flying in the post-Zapdos meta, justifying its raise to B-Rank.

Offensive
0 SpA Salamence Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 264-312 (75 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Salamence Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 228-270 (68.2 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Salamence Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 120-142 (31 - 36.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Salamence Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Tyranitar: 120-142 (31 - 36.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Salamence Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippowdon: 226-266 (53.8 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Salamence Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 226-266 (53.8 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Salamence Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Tyranitar: 126-150 (31.2 - 37.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Salamence Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 356-420 (92.2 - 108.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Defensive
-1 4 Atk Hippowdon Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 180 Def Salamence: 104-124 (26.4 - 31.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery
-1 0 Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 180 Def Salamence: 104-124 (26.4 - 31.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery
-1 0 Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 180 Def Salamence: 182-216 (46.3 - 54.9%) -- 55.9% chance to 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery (easily Roost stalled)
0 SpA Tyranitar Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Salamence: 300-356 (76.3 - 90.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery (can still be Roost stalled, but not a 1v1 I would really recommend)

should be move Altaria from C-> at least B on Flying?
With access to Heal Bell on its own moveslot or from Togekiss/Articuno, it can come and setup on quite a few matchups often either sweeping or leaving the opposing team too weak

Entei

TIMMEHHHHHHHHHHHHhHhhhh
is a Tiering Contributor
Are you even allowed to have that name lmao
---------
Tagging Anttya to make some updates :/
Stop being lazy!

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
o can you link it because I can't find it ;w;
Here it is Anttya, you even liked it ;_________;

Latias for S-Class on Dragon!
80/80/90/110/130/110
Latias is a great pokemon, being the slighter more bulky, and slightly less hard hitting monster in comparison to its brother, Latios.
Like Latios it shares the now crowded 110 speed slot, with full investment and a positive nature notching it in at 350.
Its utility that Latios doesn't have is its utility in Healing Wish, as well as being slightly bulkier, as well as other certain moves and sets, being able to utilize a bulky hard hitting set.
Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost/Healing Wish

All I gotta say about this is one of the most common versions of Latios, being able to bulk a decent hit and respond, as well as get rid of hazards several times, unless its a one time deal with Healing Wish, otherwise, its get to low health after fulfilling its role of getting rid of hazards and breathing life into a sweeper or other mon. Decent set, nicely used on multiple teams.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock/Stored Power
- Roost
Not much to say here, not very viable anymore unless on MegaTias, as it has more bulk, and fulfills this role much better of being a set up sweeper, because of multiple factors, such as increased bulk as well as hitting harder.

Latias @ Light Clay
EVs: 216 HP / 40 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Healing Wish
- Dragon Pulse/Roost/Tailwind
OR
Latias @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Healing Wish
- /Roost/Tailwind

Nice set, Latios has one thing on this set, being that it can actually Memento and either cripple or set back a setup sweeper. Nice pokemon, but if you're using Roost or Tailwind, do the obvious thing and push those 40 SpAtk ev's to HP and put the extra 4 into Def/SpDef. But this can give opportunities to a setup sweeper, such as Altaria-M and give it more HP as to not use/waste a move on Roost, as well as set up screens a few times.

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Surf/Thunderbolt/Hidden Power Fire
- Healing Wish/Roost
- Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor

All I gotta say is don't run Earthquake, because Latios is a much, much better lure for Tran, and even then, its not that good of a lure tbh. That and if you run HP Fire, then it loses a speed point, notching in at 349 instead.

Latias is a great pokemon, capable of running multiple roles as well as playing them very well. It can also, Thunder Wave stuff if you really, really want to, as well as run Wish if you're desperate for a Wish mon on Dragon. Dunno why you would since Shelgon is such a great mon jk jk Anyways, read, find holes, do whatever you want to, and find what you want to take from this. Also Gen 5 sprites are the best.

Double post, but I did a small rank change

Mega Altaria (Flying) Unranked -> A Rank

such a good and underated mon c:

Mega Beedrill (Poison) A Rank -> B Rank

Frail asf, and Venusaur's better in every single way

Empoleon (Water) B Rank -> S Rank

Forgot about this in the last rank change, now that Zapdos is gone, there's hardly any Defogger that can beat it

Tornadus-T (Flying) B Rank -> A Rank

Now that Zapdos is gone, AV Torn has been a great replacement since it has nice bulk w/ AV and stuff.

Mandibuzz (Flying) B Rank -> A Rank

Another Pokemon that improved when Zapdos got banned. Makes a great SpDef Defogger.

Staraptor (Flying) A Rank -> B Rank

It's still a good wallbreaker, but it's not good enough to be in A Rank :c

This is it for now, but there will be more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)