Lady Root(Cradily)(F)@Leftovers
Ability:Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 Sp.Def
Careful Nature
-Curse
-Rock Slide/Seed Bomb
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

So why's Cradily on Rock A Rank to me? Because on Rock, it covers one of it's greatest weaknesses: Water. Thanks to Storm Drain, it can absorb a Water attack, then start setting up. At max Stockpiles, it can take any hit for days. For example,
252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Iron Head vs. +3 252 HP / 176 Def Cradily: 102-122 (27.1 - 32.4%) -- 58.4% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery.
Rock's other weaknesses are Fighting, Grass, Ground, and Steel. Cradily can take pretty much any attack from Grass and also provide an immunity to their Spores. Ground can hit Cradily hard. Some notable attackers are Excadrill and Landorus I and T. Steel can wall Cradily forever, while Steel also can't do much. I'd still say Steel wins in the end due to Cradily being weak to its attacks and having a Skarmory to Whirlwind it out. Fighting is a hyper-offensive type so you can expect Cradily to be able to take at most 2 attacks from most of Fighting's attackers. Cradily seems to be really weak to Taunt. If you Taunt Cradily, then there's not much that Cradily can do.
Despite all that, Cradily has amazing bulk and cover a weakness Rock has a lot of trouble with.

truedrew

Banned deucer.
Please QC my post, thanks. Almost any and all QC's appreciated

Analysis #1.

Thundurus for S rank (flying) P.S DO NOT USE THUNDURUS THERIAN. this thing outclasses it in every way, and Thundurus T is just extra weight
I recommend using the first set over the second, but both are very viable
Thundurus @ Leftovers/ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice/Focus Blast/Knock Off

Thundurus @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast

You may be sitting there thinking that Thudurus is good, but he may not be S-Rank good. Well you sir would be dead wrong. With access to both prankster, and 111 speed, Thundurus can easily enter the field, disable a mon with T-Wave, and leave. Especially with this being the gen of Defog. Thundurus' bulk and defense may not be the best ing in the world, but when you realize the potential of who can suffer from this monster, you will truly see. Being on a flying team benefits thundurus to great heights, as flying has some of the best support to give to a mon, this mon will rarely ever waste a turn if you use it right. It also has access to electric STAB, which is the best option for it's type as an offensive sweeper. As long as Thundurus is alive on a flying team, the opponent needs to be wary at every turn that it may come out. Thundurus can easily render some types useless without the proper preperations. From offensive Grass to bulky Ground, without the proper counters, it can reck teams with ease. Even though Thundurus can be considered Top Tier, it still has some threats to worry about. Buly Ice countering walls including Mega Venusaur, to fast sweepers including Greninja. A Thundurus is a flying team team's best friend.

I quite agree with these sets but i feeel that physical thundurus should also get a mention as it takes down a lot of its "counters" or crpples them (knock's off evilite, super power on ttar etc)

Croven

certified genius
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I quite agree with these sets but i feeel that physical thundurus should also get a mention as it takes down a lot of its "counters" or crpples them (knock's off evilite, super power on ttar etc)
Eh, physical Thund isn't really worth mentioning IMO. The most it should get is a Superpower slash for Chansey, Exca, and Ttar. Knock Off is usually for the Lati twins, who aren't that prominent in Monotype. Dragon isn't too common, and there are other options anyway. Psy rarely runs them. The sets in question I feel are great, and pretty much represent what Thundy-I can do. I would agree to slash Superpower behind Focus Blast for accuracy and hitting Chansey/Ttar on their frailer side.

Alright, just for the record, I am NOT trolling with this recommendation. Without further ado:

Slaking for A rank:

Slaking @ Choice Band
Ability: Truant
6HP/252Atk/252Spe
Jolly Nature
-Retaliate
-Giga Impact
-Night Slash
-Earthquake

Now, I know what you're all thinking: "Slaking for A rank? What the hell are you smoking and where can I get some?"
It's true, Slaking is looked down upon in OU and other tiers because of it's awful inhibitor: Truant. Which only allows it to attack every other turn. But, that's perfectly fine, because if you use Slaking the correct way, it'll be out before you need to worry about it.

Now, for those of us uneducated on this beautiful monster, let's look at its base stats:

BST: 670
HP:
Atk: 160
Def: 100
Sp. Atk: 95
Sp. Def: 65
Spe: 100

Despite its lazy nature, and obese appearance, Slaking boasts not only natural bulk and defense that put some tanks to shame, but also a WHOPPING 160 Attack and 100 Speed. Fully invested with the above set and Choice Band giving Slaking a Stat Total of 442HP/419(628 After Choice Band Boost)/328 Speed. AND Slaking gets a 140 Power Same-Type-Attack-Bonus move in Retaliate, making it one of the most threatening Revenge Killers around. Or, alternatively if you need to send it in and are willing to risk a few turns, you also have a 150 BASE POWER STAB in Giga Impact. This, combined with 100 Speed, and full investment, to ensure you that slaking will leave a dent in anything unresisted. And for Ghosts? 70 Power Night Slash (With a 12.5% chance of becoming a 105 Base power move on crit), allows Slaking to overcome any ghosts that stand in Slaking's way. Not even Cofagrigus can stand up to Slaking, for fear of giving it Mummy and suppressing Truant. Earthquake is coverage for steels like Ferrothorn and friends who carry rocky helmet or iron barbs, so that Slaking takes as little damage as possible, while still murdering. Sadly, there are threats like burn, Protect, and Skarmory who are immune to EQ, or incapacitate Slaking and requires it to rely on Blissey or Chansey as a cleric with Aromatherapy or Heal Bell, but Slaking still otherwise destroys many of the Pokemon it comes up against with its natural bulk, outrageous attack, high Base Power STAB moves, and Choice band.

This is why I feel like Slaking is very worthy as A rank, for the best (And laziest) Revenge Killer in the tier.

Last edited:

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
;~; Thundy-T has some uses over Thundy-I. While I completely agree that Incarnate Thundy is powerful and helpful as hell, I'm not sure if it's exactly metagame defining, or S-Rank. This could just be me, but I believe that it is at home in A Rank, as it is a big threat that is needed to be covered, but not exactly S worthy. Tell me if I'm being too strict and literal in the S-rank definition though, I very well could be.

Edit: Lol forgot to mention the niche Thundy-T has over Thundy-I x.x Thundy-T is for a fast revenge killer, something to KO Greninja immediately rather than sac itself to Twave, and Thundy-T also can threaten both teams Ninja is present on with Focus Blast and Tbolt. Also, it provides unrivaled offensive pressure, and a great way to deal with the omnipresent Water type. Again, not saying Thundy-I is bad, but that Thundy-T definitely has uses over its Incarnate partner.
The thing about Thundurus-T is that it is restricted to being on a scarf to make it usable. What Thundurus-T is a sweeper that has two immunities, a good one in electric, but ground, which the whole team already has. So it's next best thing to have is a sweeper. Which can be outclassed by Zard-X, Lando-T, Gyarados, Dragonite, and aerodactyl. These mons make better revenge killers, and they are not restricted to a scarf. While I do admit, Thundurus-T is good in sense, it can easily be outdone. Thundurus-I is a great support that can wall with prankster taunt and Prankster thunder wave. It also has great coverage in physical, this also being the year of knock off. While Thundurus-T tries to kill the other team, Thundurus is a glue (not my words, but worth noting), a great supports that benfits any flying team, I strongly believe it should be S rank. It fills the requirements perfectly

S Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that can easily play a role against a majority of type matchups with ease, meaning it will never be useless in any matchup. These Pokemon need little to no support (which can be easily given) for them to do their job. They are easy to bring in and out, and often with little to no risk. They can fulfill a ton of roles depending on what you need. These Pokemon define the metagame.
While Thundurus-T is good, it can't easily come in and out as Original thundurus can. It does it's job by support, or set up sweeping, and does it well, with little to no support at all. Thundurus-T seems to need more support on it's end. And that's basically why I think Thundurus > Thundurus-Therian in every way possible

Yeah yeah, man I forgot this, link me one and I'll add it.

Edit: replying to Anttya, The volt absorb is the electric immunity. I think it is good to say that it has volt absorb. Yet my point still stands.

Last edited:
upload_2014-9-16_21-42-16.png
Kricketune for D rank (Bug)
upload_2014-9-16_21-42-32.png
Masquerain for D rank (Bug, Flying)
upload_2014-9-16_21-43-3.png
Spinarak for D rank (Bug, Poison)

Sticky web they can set it up Hurray. Thats all. Im done Want sets here

Kricketune @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sticky Web
- Knock Off
- Bug Bite
- Heal Bell

Masquerain @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Quiver Dance
- Baton Pass
- Air Slash

Spinarak @ Focus Sash
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sticky Web
- Toxic Spikes
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I nominate Lando-T for A Rank in Flying.

Landorus-T @ Leftovers
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Atk
-Stealth Rock
-U-Turn/Knock Off
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide

Explanation: Another toss-up between A and B rank. Who woulda guessed? Anyway, onto the set. This is the tanky offensive pivot Lando-T, which works great in OU, and works great in Monotype as well. It can switch in on pretty much any physical attacker, set up Sneaky Pebbles, then U-Turn out or threaten with a 145 base Atk STAB Earthquake. This set isn't really what makes Landorus A rank, as it isn't 'influencing' the meta, per se, but it still is a decent threat that most teams should think of when building a team. Stone Edge vs. Rock Slide is again, power or accuracy. I think SE OHKO'es M-Pinsir, while Rock Slide needs some additional damage to pull that off. U-Turn v Knock Off is another 50/50. Offensive momentum, or the ability to cripple your opponent's team? It's a throw-up between the two.

Landorus-T @ Choice Scarf/Band
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def
Jolly/Adamant Nature
-U-Turn
-Knock Off/Superpower
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

Explanation: Here's the more threatening Lando-T set. While I realize that Band and Scarf play somewhat differently, I was really lazy, thought that they were similar enough to allow one explanation for each. Scarf takes on more of a revenge-killing aspect, able to outspeed many threats and KO them with powerful EQ's or Stone Edge's. It can also capitalize on the switches it forces by using U-Turn. Knock Off or Superpower is tilted more towards Knock Off, but if your team struggles v Ferro or Chansey, then the immediate killing power is better to ensure KO's on those two. Band is somewhat similar, but lends itself to a more wallbreaking aspect. You do NOT want to stare a 145 base Atk, Choice Banded Landorus-T straight in the face. The power is way too real. U-Turn, even when unSTAB, can still do some serious damage to an opposing team, especially when combined with a Volt Switcher and Stealth Rocks. Same scenario with Knock Off or Superpower, it's really up to the user. Scarf is usually better when paired with another Banded or Specs mon, such as Staraptor, while Band is just the opposite. That's just my preference though, you can run HO with dual Scarfers, or just deal damage with dual Band. The set that you want to use is up to what your team needs.

Additional comments: A dual dancing set is worthy of mention, as it can rip apart unsuspecting teams to shreds, but I don't think it has as much viability in Monotype, only being able to run 1 coverage move. However, it is still worth mentioning, as the sweeping capabilities are very real.
I disagree with A Rank for Landorus-T. I have to admit that I don't run it on any of my teams, but I've faced it so many times in battle that I feel as if it has to be S Rank. It has too many options for sets and it is exceptional at using all of them. If your team has no way of dealing with Lando-T, you're doing something wrong. And even if you do have a way of dealing with it, you might think it's using one set when really it's using something completely different and you might just lose your win condition.

Croven

certified genius
Alright, just for the record, I am NOT trolling with this recommendation. Without further ado:

Slaking for A rank:

Slaking @ Choice Band
6HP/252Atk/252Spe
Jolly Nature
-Retaliate
-Giga Impact
-Night Slash
-Earthquake

Now, I know what you're all thinking: "Slaking for A rank? What the hell are you smoking and where can I get some?"
It's true, Slaking is looked down upon in OU and other tiers because of it's awful inhibitor: Truant. Which only allows it to attack every other turn. But, that's perfectly fine, because if you use Slaking the correct way, it'll be out before you need to worry about it.

Now, for those of us uneducated on this beautiful monster, let's look at its base stats:

HP:

Despite its lazy nature, and obese appearance, Slaking boasts not only natural bulk and defense that put some tanks to shame, but also a WHOPPING 160 Attack and 100 Speed. Fully invested with the above set and Choice Band giving Slaking a Stat Total of 442HP/419(628 After Choice Band Boost)/328 Speed. AND Slaking gets a 140 Power Same-Type-Attack-Bonus move in Retaliate, making it one of the most threatening Revenge Killers around. Or, alternatively if you need to send it in and are willing to risk a few turns, you also have a 150 BASE POWER STAB in Giga Impact. This, combined with 100 Speed, and full investment, to ensure you that slaking will leave a dent in anything unresisted. And for Ghosts? 70 Power Night Slash (With a 12.5% chance of becoming a 105 Base power move on crit), allows Slaking to overcome any ghosts that stand in Slaking's way. Not even Cofagrigus can stand up to Slaking, for fear of giving it Mummy and suppressing Truant. Earthquake is coverage for steels like Ferrothorn and friends who carry rocky helmet or iron barbs, so that Slaking takes as little damage as possible, while still murdering. Sadly, there are threats like burn and Skarmory who are immune to EQ, or incapacitate Slaking and requires it to rely on Blissey or Chansey as a cleric with Aromatherapy or Heal Bell, but Slaking still otherwise destroys many of the Pokemon it comes up against with its natural bulk, outrageous attack, high Base Power STAB moves, and Choice band.

This is why I feel like Slaking is very worthy as A rank, for the best (And laziest) Revenge Killer in the tier.
Ok, these are some very solid points for Slaking, makes me feel like using it now. However, A rank is still a bit high. B rank, or maybe B+ at best, is where Slaking should be. The turn to set up on it while it's being really fat can mean the game, as that can't even be played around that well. It's a good wallbreaker, and maybe rkiller, but it is not at home in A rank. IMO, B rank is the highest it should go, and I honestly think B- is its true home. Really only one reason: Truant can mean the game. Setup opportunities don't get better than this.

Slaking for A rank:

Slaking @ Choice Band
6HP/252Atk/252Spe
Jolly Nature
-Retaliate
-Giga Impact
-Night Slash
-Earthquake

HP:

Despite its lazy nature, and obese appearance, Slaking boasts not only natural bulk and defense that put some tanks to shame, but also a WHOPPING 160 Attack and 100 Speed. Fully invested with the above set and Choice Band giving Slaking a Stat Total of 442HP/419(628 After Choice Band Boost)/328 Speed. AND Slaking gets a 140 Power Same-Type-Attack-Bonus move in Retaliate, making it one of the most threatening Revenge Killers around. Or, alternatively if you need to send it in and are willing to risk a few turns, you also have a 150 BASE POWER STAB in Giga Impact. This, combined with 100 Speed, and full investment, to ensure you that slaking will leave a dent in anything unresisted. And for Ghosts? 70 Power Night Slash (With a 12.5% chance of becoming a 105 Base power move on crit), allows Slaking to overcome any ghosts that stand in Slaking's way. Not even Cofagrigus can stand up to Slaking, for fear of giving it Mummy and suppressing Truant. Earthquake is coverage for steels like Ferrothorn and friends who carry rocky helmet or iron barbs, so that Slaking takes as little damage as possible, while still murdering. Sadly, there are threats like burn and Skarmory who are immune to EQ, or incapacitate Slaking and requires it to rely on Blissey or Chansey as a cleric with Aromatherapy or Heal Bell, but Slaking still otherwise destroys many of the Pokemon it comes up against with its natural bulk, outrageous attack, high Base Power STAB moves, and Choice band.

Yes the Tubby fuck is powerful your neglecting its flaw of protect on the attacking turns, sadly I do not feel he defines the meta, I feel he belongs in the B-C Range because his ability is a huge let down

all falls down

thanks ugly god
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Please QC my post, thanks. Almost any and all QC's appreciated

Analysis #1.

Thundurus for S rank (flying) P.S DO NOT USE THUNDURUS THERIAN. this thing outclasses it in every way, and Thundurus T is just extra weight
I recommend using the first set over the second, but both are very viable
Thundurus @ Leftovers/ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice/Focus Blast/Knock Off

Thundurus @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast

You may be sitting there thinking that Thudurus is good, but he may not be S-Rank good. Well you sir would be dead wrong. With access to both prankster, and 111 speed, Thundurus can easily enter the field, disable a mon with T-Wave, and leave. Especially with this being the gen of Defog. Thundurus' bulk and defense may not be the best ing in the world, but when you realize the potential of who can suffer from this monster, you will truly see. Being on a flying team benefits thundurus to great heights, as flying has some of the best support to give to a mon, this mon will rarely ever waste a turn if you use it right. It also has access to electric STAB, which is the best option for it's type as an offensive sweeper. As long as Thundurus is alive on a flying team, the opponent needs to be wary at every turn that it may come out. Thundurus can easily render some types useless without the proper preperations. From offensive Grass to bulky Ground, without the proper counters, it can reck teams with ease. Even though Thundurus can be considered Top Tier, it still has some threats to worry about. Buly Ice countering walls including Mega Venusaur, to fast sweepers including Greninja. A Thundurus is a flying team team's best friend.
In monotype, Thundurus-Therian is generally preferred on Flying monos, whereas Thundurus-Incarnate is generally preferred on electric monos. In OU, it may be true that Thundurus-incarnate is better than therian, however Thundurus-therian provides many key things that incarnate does not. Part of what makes the most common generic flying team of Skarmory, Zapdos, Landorus-therian, Thundurus-therian, Charizard x so effective is the volt - turn aspect. Scarfed thundurus-therian's volt switch and landorus therian's u-turn allows the flying team to constantly be one step ahead of the opponent and keep momentum. It also gives Charizard many opportunities to dragon dance, and also allows Zapdos opportunities to defog, or Togekiss opportunities to heal bell, and more. The sheer momentum of this team is what causes it to be top-ranked in monotype. This is something that incarnate cannot do. Yes, incarnate gets volt switch, but it is outclassed as a choice scarf user by Therian due to its ability and its special attack. This brings me to the other part of why therian is better; volt absorb. This may seem like a, quite frankly, useless ability in OU, but on flying monotypes it becomes so much more important. it gives flying monotypes another electric immunity without being 4x weak to ice. While Thundurus-Therian does not have the best defenses, this further adds to the momentum of the flying team, as your opponent will always be afraid to use electric - type moves.

Overall, both thundurus forms provide different methods of support to its team. Because of this, it is very inaccurate and incorrect to say that incarnate outclasses therian. Incarnate form provides a prankster thunder-wave that can shut off boosting sweepers and cripple threats such as Greninja. Therian can perform as a late game cleaner, a scout, a revenge killer, and another electric immunity. If anything, therian could be A-ranked and I would place incarnate in B/A rank.

The thing about Thundurus-T is that it is restricted to being on a scarf to make it usable. What Thundurus-T is a sweeper that has two immunities, a good one in electric, but ground, which the whole team already has. So it's next best thing to have is a sweeper. Which can be outclassed by Zard-X, Lando-T, Gyarados, Dragonite, and aerodactyl. These mons make better revenge killers, and they are not restricted to a scarf. While I do admit, Thundurus-T is good in sense, it can easily be outdone. Thundurus-I is a great support that can wall with prankster taunt and Prankster thunder wave. It also has great coverage in physical, this also being the year of knock off. While Thundurus-T tries to kill the other team, Thundurus is a glue (not my words, but worth noting), a great supports that benfits any flying team, I strongly believe it should be S rank. It fills the requirements perfectly

While Thundurus-T is good, it can't easily come in and out as Original thundurus can. It does it's job by support, or set up sweeping, and does it well, with little to no support at all. Thundurus-T seems to need more support on it's end. And that's basically why I think Thundurus > Thundurus-Therian in every way possible

Don't forget that Thundurus-T gets Volt Absorb so it can switch into Electric moves and stuff. Inb4 someone already wrote this and I missed it ;-;

Ok, these are some very solid points for Slaking, makes me feel like using it now. However, A rank is still a bit high. B rank, or maybe B+ at best, is where Slaking should be. The turn to set up on it while it's being really fat can mean the game, as that can't even be played around that well. It's a good wallbreaker, and maybe rkiller, but it is not at home in A rank. IMO, B rank is the highest it should go, and I honestly think B- is its true home. Really only one reason: Truant can mean the game. Setup opportunities don't get better than this.
I do respect your feedback, but to counter your statement, I would point out, and forgive me if I'm 100% wrong, that you are saying it as if you would keep it in, which is not the way this set should be used. This set is meant for coming in, revenging a fallen ally, and getting the hell out so you can change the matchup to your favor, which, while it does allow your opponent one free turn, can also royally screw them over by switching into a Stally Pokemon such as Chansey, Blissey, or even Porygon 2.

I can see your points however and understand where you are coming from with them. Slaking is not my favorite Pokemon, nor the best. This entire post was written soley on my experience with Slaking after hundreds of battles.

Croven

certified genius

Thing is, and I should've said this earlier, but Thundy-T and Thundy-I have very different roles in the sense of what they do. As you said, Thundy-I is the glue of the team, in a sense of the word, and has great support and can sweep well. However, Thundy-T is mostly a Rkiller, not a sweeper either. It can also be used to form a fearsome VoltTurn core with Staraptor or Lando-T, which Thundy-I does not do as well as its Therian partner. It really is impossible to say that one outclasses the other, but I do strongly feel that Therian has more uses than Incarnate. Just because it is Choice locked does not mean it is bad; this is an argument I have heard many times, which is not necessarily true. Do not agree with AFD that Incarnate deserves B-Rank, A-Rank is where it should be. It is very powerful and has unmatched utility, proving its A-Rank.

P.S. Exactly how can Incarnate switch in easier than Therian? Therian has that neat Volt Absorb, and they have very similar defenses. I fail to see any situation where Incarnate switches in easier than Therian.

I disagree with A Rank for Landorus-T. I have to admit that I don't run it on any of my teams, but I've faced it so many times in battle that I feel as if it has to be S Rank. It has too many options for sets and it is exceptional at using all of them. If your team has no way of dealing with Lando-T, you're doing something wrong. And even if you do have a way of dealing with it, you might think it's using one set when really it's using something completely different and you might just lose your win condition.
LMAO nice memes there :] And yeah, my tiering abilities aren't the best, S-Rank may be a good place for Lando-T to be, so I'd like a few more opinions on this before I set the rank in stone. Good points though, didn't consider them when tiering him.

Croven

certified genius
I do respect your feedback, but to counter your statement, I would point out, and forgive me if I'm 100% wrong, that you are saying it as if you would keep it in, which is not the way this set should be used. This set is meant for coming in, revenging a fallen ally, and getting the hell out so you can change the matchup to your favor, which, while it does allow your opponent one free turn, can also royally screw them over by switching into a Stally Pokemon such as Chansey, Blissey, or even Porygon 2.

I can see your points however and understand where you are coming from with them. Slaking is not my favorite Pokemon, nor the best. This entire post was written soley on my experience with Slaking after hundreds of battles.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Truant force you to stay in? And even if it doesn't, while you switch the hell out of there, your opponent just got the opportunity of his life to set up. Yeah, even B- is being really nice to this thing, as Truant just really screws it over. Not much you can do when an opponent is setting up to sweep you.

Thing is, and I should've said this earlier, but Thundy-T and Thundy-I have very different roles in the sense of what they do. As you said, Thundy-I is the glue of the team, in a sense of the word, and has great support and can sweep well. However, Thundy-T is mostly a Rkiller, not a sweeper either. It can also be used to form a fearsome VoltTurn core with Staraptor or Lando-T, which Thundy-I does not do as well as its Therian partner. It really is impossible to say that one outclasses the other, but I do strongly feel that Therian has more uses than Incarnate. Just because it is Choice locked does not mean it is bad; this is an argument I have heard many times, which is not necessarily true. Do not agree with AFD that Incarnate deserves B-Rank, A-Rank is where it should be. It is very powerful and has unmatched utility, proving its A-Rank.

P.S. Exactly how can Incarnate switch in easier than Therian? Therian has that neat Volt Absorb, and they have very similar defenses. I fail to see any situation where Incarnate switches in easier than Therian.

LOL nice memes there :] And yeah, my tiering abilities aren't the best, S-Rank may be a good place for Lando-T to be, so I'd like a few more opinions on this before I set the rank in stone. Good points though, didn't consider them when tiering him.
I'll give you some :]

-Immunity to Electric Moves
-It gets the option to run so many sets
-Intimidate + decent bulk
-Awesome attack
-Access to moves like Knock Off, U-turn, Stealth Rock Outrage
- It forms a Physical Defensive Core with Skarmory. Skarmory takes every Ice Punch / Waterfall with ease, while Landorus sponges those Flare Blitzs, and Thunder Punches.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Truant force you to stay in? And even if it doesn't, while you switch the hell out of there, your opponent just got the opportunity of his life to set up. Yeah, even B- is being really nice to this thing, as Truant just really screws it over. Not much you can do when an opponent is setting up to sweep you.
The beauty is that Normal gets Ditto. I say let them set up all they want ^^

Also, reserving Shedinja cuz whynaut

Croven

certified genius
I'll give you some :]

-Immunity to Electric Moves
-It gets the option to run so many sets
-Intimidate + decent bulk
-Awesome attack
-Access to moves like Knock Off, U-turn, Stealth Rock Outrage
- It forms a Physical Defensive Core with Skarmory. Skarmory takes every Ice Punch / Waterfall with ease, while Landorus sponges those Flare Blitzs, and Thunder Punches.
WELP when both you and Acast put it like that....can't really say no <.< Thanks for the input Acast and Ant, I'll change it if somebody provides really good arguments over why it shouldn't be S, but I think both of you pretty much covered it. Editing now.

While I again see your point, no, Truant does not force you to stay in unless you use Giga Impact. During the Truant turn you can still switch, and in the games you can still run away, use items, ect. Giga Impact, however, forces you to stay trapped for the Recharge turn.

upload_2014-9-16_21-57-35.png
Ditto For B (Normal)

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Transform

Its Silly putty, It will transform it can transform and combat any setup sweeper thanks to Imposter and Transform copying stat changes. Also If you want to you can tweak the evs I just run those for Hidden power I prefer ice because it hits quiet a bit. Overall Ditto is great.

Croven

certified genius
While I again see your point, no, Truant does not force you to stay in unless you use Giga Impact. During the Truant turn you can still switch, and in the games you can still run away, use items, ect. Giga Impact, however, forces you to stay trapped for the Recharge turn.
K, that was ignorant on my part, but you are still forced to switch anyway, and like I said, there is no better opportunity to set up and sweep than that. I stand by my argument that B- is the best place for it to stay. Again, Truant is too overwhelming x.x

all falls down

thanks ugly god

Slaking for A rank:

Slaking @ Choice Band
6HP/252Atk/252Spe
Jolly Nature
-Retaliate
-Giga Impact
-Night Slash
-Earthquake

HP:

Despite its lazy nature, and obese appearance, Slaking boasts not only natural bulk and defense that put some tanks to shame, but also a WHOPPING 160 Attack and 100 Speed. Fully invested with the above set and Choice Band giving Slaking a Stat Total of 442HP/419(628 After Choice Band Boost)/328 Speed. AND Slaking gets a 140 Power Same-Type-Attack-Bonus move in Retaliate, making it one of the most threatening Revenge Killers around. Or, alternatively if you need to send it in and are willing to risk a few turns, you also have a 150 BASE POWER STAB in Giga Impact. This, combined with 100 Speed, and full investment, to ensure you that slaking will leave a dent in anything unresisted. And for Ghosts? 70 Power Night Slash (With a 12.5% chance of becoming a 105 Base power move on crit), allows Slaking to overcome any ghosts that stand in Slaking's way. Not even Cofagrigus can stand up to Slaking, for fear of giving it Mummy and suppressing Truant. Earthquake is coverage for steels like Ferrothorn and friends who carry rocky helmet or iron barbs, so that Slaking takes as little damage as possible, while still murdering. Sadly, there are threats like burn, Protect, and Skarmory who are immune to EQ, or incapacitate Slaking and requires it to rely on Blissey or Chansey as a cleric with Aromatherapy or Heal Bell, but Slaking still otherwise destroys many of the Pokemon it comes up against with its natural bulk, outrageous attack, high Base Power STAB moves, and Choice band.

While Slaking is a cool pokemon, it certainly does not meet A rank, or even B rank. or alas, even C rank. Truant is a horrible ability. That one turn given to the opponent can completely change the outcome of the game. It will provide your opponent the opportunity to set up. get up hazards (which, by the way, normal has a hard time getting rid of) or worse, and is ultimately not worth it. Added to this, normal already has amazing wallbreakers in banded Staraptor and banded Diggersby, who will both do nearly double damage in two turns than Slaking can do in one, without the huge risk of Truant. Because of this, Slaking is outclassed, and for the most part useless outside of novelty (;_;). With these reasons, I nominate Slaking For D Rank.

EDIT: I'm fine with Slaking at C Rank

Last edited:
Shedinja (Ghost / Bug) for D... E Rank

Shedinja @ Focus Sash / Safety Goggles
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp

Explanation: Lets welcome one of the biggest trolls in the whole entire metagame. Although it's pretty much useless in almost every single match you can get a laugh or two when facing a Water Type Mono with only Water / Ice coverage. Wonder Guard may seem sweet, but almost every team has hazards, status and / or weather which all 1HKO Shedinja. Ghost has no viable hazard removal at all, making it near pointless to run this while Bug has better options.

So Shedinja for D Rank! No fuck it, Shedinja for E rank. It's special

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
While Slaking is a cool pokemon, it certainly does not meet A rank, or even B rank. or alas, even C rank. Truant is a horrible ability. That one turn given to the opponent can completely change the outcome of the game. It will provide your opponent the opportunity to set up or get up hazards (which, by the way, normal has a hard time getting rid of) and is ultimately not worth it. Added to this, normal already has amazing wallbreakers in banded Staraptor and banded Diggersby, who will both do nearly double damage in two turns than Slaking can do in one, without the huge risk of Truant. Because of this, Slaking is outclassed, and for the most part useless outside of novelty (;_;). With these reasons, I nominate Slaking For D Rank.
Too low. I agree that A is too high, but Slaking hits way too hard for it to be D. C is understandable and I can live with B as well, but not A or D by any means

all falls down

thanks ugly god
Too low. I agree that A is too high, but Slaking hits way too hard for it to be D. C is understandable and I can live with B as well, but not A or D by any means

Hitting hard is not enough for it to escape D rank. Diggersby and Staraptor already do that, and do it better, without having the potentially game-losing turn of Truant.

(just picked a random Pokemon here..)

252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Zapdos: 492-579 (128.1 - 150.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO two- turn move

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Diggersby Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Zapdos: 370-436 (96.3 - 113.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Zapdos: 382-450 (99.4 - 117.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

It has no niche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)