Clefable @ Life Orb/Lefties
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower

This set is a good lead set, and setup sweeper, Its job is to set up rocks and it has the bulk to take a hit set up rocks then sub out, if the enemy wants to status you clefable doesn't care, its got magic guard, but Clefable is very versatile like

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Charge Beam
- Stored Power
- Cosmic Power

Yes thats the Infamous set I run this set looks pretty bad when looking at it from here, but when clefable gets paired with dual screens Klefki, it can take hits, then can set up cosmic power, and charge beam boosts, it can take hits from MegaMawile

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 240 Def Clefable through Reflect: 135-159 (34.2 - 40.3%) -- 48.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
It is just a monster at taking hits. You could also run setup CM sweeper, Support, it also has just an amazing support move pool with moves like
Heal bell, Wish, SR, Gravity, Magic Coat, Twave, Toxic, Trick. Another option is it gets Belly drum and you feel you want another physical attacker it gets a ton of moves, such as MetorMash, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Knock off, Zen Headbutt, Drain punch. I dont think its a good idea, because its not that strong but its an option no less. I Feel that its only A rank because it can wall majority of things, but not everything it does its job I feel it does it better the a lot of other fairy types

View attachment 26527Azumarill (Fairy) For A-Rank

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower/Knock off

Its supposed to set up and sweep and does its job amazingly well this set is more often then not a better idea for fairy over the CB set below but it breaks walls and does it very well

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

Other alternatives, is to run sap sipper, overall sap sipper is better on water, not as much need on fairy.

View attachment 26532Whimsicott (Fairy) For B-Rank

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Stun Spore
- Giga Drain/Taunt/Encore

Whimsicott is like a worse Sableye it annoys your enemy with priority in the form of taunt, Para, Seeds, Sub, Etc overall meant to be a sortta troll you play around with its pretty good but there isn't any other set unless you wanna try infiltrator specs

Whimsicott @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Switcheroo/Hidden power/Hurricane

Overall good pokemon but is walled by to many things.

Also Anttyaz Im gonna still do a write up of Genesect, Shaymin-Sky, and Kyurem-White. Ill request them and write them up, but I will also request, Mega Mawile, Togekiss, for Fairy, and Ill do Excadrill for Steel, and Ill finish vivi tonight
Tbh, it'd be better if we avoided Genesect, Skymin and Kyu-W in case if they get banned. Needless to say they're S tiered, but it'd suck if you wrote stuff for nothing. Your choice tho

All for Grass Mono:

Venusaur for S Rank

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Venusaur is one of the premier physical walls of OU, which is carried over to Mono in Spades. With Leech Seed and Synthesis, this b***h has all the sustain any poke needs. It even has the option to use Sleep Powder if you aren't using Amoongus or Breloom for some reason. On top of that, it has the option to run an offensive set with its 123 base Sp Atk and reliable recovery in the already mentioned synthesis. Giga Drain offers even MORE sustain (as if it needed it) and then Sludge Bomb not only helps with the mirror match, but helps you deal with Fairy types.

Breloom for A Rank

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Swords Dance/Rock Tomb
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

Breloom here has a few of the qualities you'd need for an S Rank pokemon, namely not needing support to do its job. However, it is fairly frail and can be dead in the poison match up or the grass mirror (especially the set I've shown above). Spore may be a guaranteed sleep against most pokes, but overcoat pokes and grass types are immune. It's worth mentioning that Breloom can use technician Rock Tomb fairy effectively and that the speed drop often allows you to go first for the second attack (unless opponent is scarfed) as this gives you perfect coverage with the exceptions of Aegislash (prevalent on Ghost mono, which Breloom isn't a help aganst anyway) and Toxicroak (a staple on Poison mono). Poison mono itself resists both your STABs. Do not let this put you off using Breloom however as he can wreck unprepared teams with sheer power and the guaranteed sleep against any poke that is not Grass type or Overcoat (or safety goggles, but that's only used on Shedinja and you can't deal with that anyway).

Ferrothorn for S Rank

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed/Stealth Rock
- Spikes/Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave/Protect
- Gyro Ball

Lets be straight here. Ferro resists Mega Venu's Psychic weakness and is neutral to its flying weakness, while Mega Venu resists Ferro's fighting weakness and is neutral to that blazing fire weakness (yes I said it) due to Thick Fat. Not only that, but Ferro provides hazard support, slows the opponents down with TWave or just hits them pretty damn hard with Gyro Ball.

Cradily for B Rank

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Cradily has two sets it can run, which can be hard to decipher between before it's too late. Whichever set you run, you have a reliable stealth rocker with reliable recovery in Recover. That's a lot of Rs. Are you ready for more? Being rock type with STAB Rock Slide that can hit the flying types it resists and wrecking Mega Pinsir with it, which it can be a hard counter to if you run the physically defensive set (assuming they aren;t using Close Combat). The specially defensive set that I prefer to run still has the capability of taking Mega Charizard Y's Fire Blast in the sun and OHKOing back with that Rock Slide. A very good addition to a grass team, but it is not indispensable and can be easily replaced with other pokemon for its other functions.

Trevenant for B Rank

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
Impish Nature
- Shadow Claw/Horn Leech
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

Trevenant has a nice niche in that it's one of Grass Mono's only two spinblockers. On top of this, it has Harvest+Sitrus for mass Health sustain or Lum+Harvest for status evasion as well as free insta-recoveries from rests (should you choose to use lum over sitrus). With sitrus however, you essentially get free substitutes and quick recovery off of curses in a turn (essentially forcing the opponent to switch, which can be amazing for stall teams). It also gets Horn Leech for additional recovery and being one of the only two users of WoW in the mono.

Gourgeist for E Rank

Gourgeist @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
Impish Nature
- Phantom Force
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

If you are considering using Gourgeist, just use Trevenant. Gourgeist may take less from each physical attack, but it does not have as rapid recovery due to the lack of Sitrus+Harvest, so it still takes fewer hits to KO Gourgeist than Trev. Some may argue that its superor defense offers use of an Physical Ass Vest set, but Tangrowth has more defense, more HP and fewwer weaknesses, along with better coverage.

Shaymin for B Rank

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Air Slash
- Rest

This poke can be a handy sweeper, with STAB Seed Flare coming off of LOrb. Earth Power and Air Slash then give it nigh perfect coverage (the only relevant ones being Skarm, Zapdos and Thundurus). It can however repetitively switch in due to its capability to Rest off any status or health lost (by atks or LOrb) and switch out - as natural cure heals it of its sleep. However, its 100/100/100 bulk doesn't do much for you uninvested and its 100 sp atk mean you don't do much damage unless you are using Seed Flare. 100 Speed is good, but each mono has good pokes that outspeed, such as Garchomp, Thundurus, Greninja, Keldeo, Cobalion, etc that will hit too hard for Shaymin to deal with. Shaymin doesn't need MUCH support, but sticky web is amazing, allowing you to go modest and hit harder. That would, however, force you to use Leavanny - taking up one of your five other slots. Shaymin could be in the A Rank, but with Skymin available on top of needing some support, I'm keeping in in B.

Leavanny for D Rank

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Knock Off
- Sticky Web
- Poison Jab/Leaf Blade

Not much to say for this poke. It's a supporter, being the only user of Sticky Webs for Grass Mono. However, unlike most pokes used purely for their niche, this has some use after it sets up webs. Swarm + STAB puts X-Scissor up to 180 base damage, which is nice when you notice that Leavanny has over 100 base attack. It also gets Knock off - which is good in itself - and then Poison Jab to hit the fairies that resist your other two attacks. Leaf Blade is also an option. However, these do not make up for the fact that you have only one reason to consider using Leavanny - Sticky Webs.

Swadloon for D Rank

Swadloon @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Giga Drain
- Toxic
- Magic Coat

Yes, you read that right. I want to put Swadloon in the same rank as its evolved form. This may seem bizarre, but when you think about Dusclops/Dusknoir and Porygon2/Z it doesn't seem so Farfetch'd. Swadloon has a higher defence stat than Leavanny and the same special defence. You put in these EVs and you have a pokemon that can set up sticky webs repeatedly, spread status and even bounce back the opponent's hazards and taunt (which they will not see coming). I have tried this a few times myself and although I was expecting essentially nothing, I was quite suprised. I would put this up to C Rank, but the weakness to Stealth rocks, the lack of recovery outside Giga Drain + Rest (which you cant use in sun if you were to use Leaf Guard) and the SIX weaknesses leave me saying this. "It's better than Leavanny, but don't use it unless you NEED sticky webs."

View attachment 26524 Clefable (Fairy) for A-Rank

Whimsicott @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Switcheroo/Hidden power/Hurricane

Overall good pokemon but is walled by to many things.

Also Anttyaz Im gonna still do a write up of Genesect, Shaymin-Sky, and Kyurem-White. Ill request them and write them up, but I will also request, Mega Mawile, Togekiss, for Fairy, and Ill do Excadrill for Steel, and Ill finish vivi tonight
Infiltrator + Switcheroo/Trick is banned if I'm correct.
Also, which Hidden Power?

All for Grass Mono:

Venusaur for S Rank

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Venusaur is one of the premier physical walls of OU, which is carried over to Mono in Spades. With Leech Seed and Synthesis, this b***h has all the sustain any poke needs. It even has the option to use Sleep Powder if you aren't using Amoongus or Breloom for some reason. On top of that, it has the option to run an offensive set with its 123 base Sp Atk and reliable recovery in the already mentioned synthesis. Giga Drain offers even MORE sustain (as if it needed it) and then Sludge Bomb not only helps with the mirror match, but helps you deal with Fairy types.

Breloom for A Rank

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Swords Dance/Rock Tomb
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

Breloom here has a few of the qualities you'd need for an S Rank pokemon, namely not needing support to do its job. However, it is fairly frail and can be dead in the poison match up or the grass mirror (especially the set I've shown above). Spore may be a guaranteed sleep against most pokes, but overcoat pokes and grass types are immune. It's worth mentioning that Breloom can use technician Rock Tomb fairy effectively and that the speed drop often allows you to go first for the second attack (unless opponent is scarfed) as this gives you perfect coverage with the exceptions of Aegislash (prevalent on Ghost mono, which Breloom isn't a help aganst anyway) and Toxicroak (a staple on Poison mono). Poison mono itself resists both your STABs. Do not let this put you off using Breloom however as he can wreck unprepared teams with sheer power and the guaranteed sleep against any poke that is not Grass type or Overcoat (or safety goggles, but that's only used on Shedinja and you can't deal with that anyway).

Ferrothorn for S Rank

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed/Stealth Rock
- Spikes/Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave/Protect
- Gyro Ball

Lets be straight here. Ferro resists Mega Venu's Psychic weakness and is neutral to its flying weakness, while Mega Venu resists Ferro's fighting weakness and is neutral to that blazing fire weakness (yes I said it) due to Thick Fat. Not only that, but Ferro provides hazard support, slows the opponents down with TWave or just hits them pretty damn hard with Gyro Ball.

Cradily for B Rank

Cradily @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Cradily has two sets it can run, which can be hard to decipher between before it's too late. Whichever set you run, you have a reliable stealth rocker with reliable recovery in Recover. That's a lot of Rs. Are you ready for more? Being rock type with STAB Rock Slide that can hit the flying types it resists and wrecking Mega Pinsir with it, which it can be a hard counter to if you run the physically defensive set (assuming they aren;t using Close Combat). The specially defensive set that I prefer to run still has the capability of taking Mega Charizard Y's Fire Blast in the sun and OHKOing back with that Rock Slide. A very good addition to a grass team, but it is not indispensable and can be easily replaced with other pokemon for its other functions.

Trevenant for B Rank

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
Impish Nature
- Shadow Claw/Horn Leech
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

Trevenant has a nice niche in that it's one of Grass Mono's only two spinblockers. On top of this, it has Harvest+Sitrus for mass Health sustain or Lum+Harvest for status evasion as well as free insta-recoveries from rests (should you choose to use lum over sitrus). With sitrus however, you essentially get free substitutes and quick recovery off of curses in a turn (essentially forcing the opponent to switch, which can be amazing for stall teams). It also gets Horn Leech for additional recovery and being one of the only two users of WoW in the mono.

Gourgeist for E Rank

Gourgeist @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
Impish Nature
- Phantom Force
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

If you are considering using Gourgeist, just use Trevenant. Gourgeist may take less from each physical attack, but it does not have as rapid recovery due to the lack of Sitrus+Harvest, so it still takes fewer hits to KO Gourgeist than Trev. Some may argue that its superor defense offers use of an Physical Ass Vest set, but Tangrowth has more defense, more HP and fewwer weaknesses, along with better coverage.

Shaymin for B Rank

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Air Slash
- Rest

This poke can be a handy sweeper, with STAB Seed Flare coming off of LOrb. Earth Power and Air Slash then give it nigh perfect coverage (the only relevant ones being Skarm, Zapdos and Thundurus). It can however repetitively switch in due to its capability to Rest off any status or health lost (by atks or LOrb) and switch out - as natural cure heals it of its sleep. However, its 100/100/100 bulk doesn't do much for you uninvested and its 100 sp atk mean you don't do much damage unless you are using Seed Flare. 100 Speed is good, but each mono has good pokes that outspeed, such as Garchomp, Thundurus, Greninja, Keldeo, Cobalion, etc that will hit too hard for Shaymin to deal with. Shaymin doesn't need MUCH support, but sticky web is amazing, allowing you to go modest and hit harder. That would, however, force you to use Leavanny - taking up one of your five other slots. Shaymin could be in the A Rank, but with Skymin available on top of needing some support, I'm keeping in in B.

Leavanny for D Rank

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Knock Off
- Sticky Web
- Poison Jab/Leaf Blade

Not much to say for this poke. It's a supporter, being the only user of Sticky Webs for Grass Mono. However, unlike most pokes used purely for their niche, this has some use after it sets up webs. Swarm + STAB puts X-Scissor up to 180 base damage, which is nice when you notice that Leavanny has over 100 base attack. It also gets Knock off - which is good in itself - and then Poison Jab to hit the fairies that resist your other two attacks. Leaf Blade is also an option. However, these do not make up for the fact that you have only one reason to consider using Leavanny - Sticky Webs.

Swadloon for D Rank

Swadloon @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Giga Drain
- Toxic
- Magic Coat

Yes, you read that right. I want to put Swadloon in the same rank as its evolved form. This may seem bizarre, but when you think about Dusclops/Dusknoir and Porygon2/Z it doesn't seem so Farfetch'd. Swadloon has a higher defence stat than Leavanny and the same special defence. You put in these EVs and you have a pokemon that can set up sticky webs repeatedly, spread status and even bounce back the opponent's hazards and taunt (which they will not see coming). I have tried this a few times myself and although I was expecting essentially nothing, I was quite suprised. I would put this up to C Rank, but the weakness to Stealth rocks, the lack of recovery outside Giga Drain + Rest (which you cant use in sun if you were to use Leaf Guard) and the SIX weaknesses leave me saying this. "It's better than Leavanny, but don't use it unless you NEED sticky webs."
Venusaur and Breloom have already been taken. However, I can put your Venusaur write up for Poison and your Breloom writeup for Fighting. Thanks for writing, but please check to see if your thing has already been taken. ^^

just a couple of thing, is spD supposed to be Speed or Special Defense? and anyway, on the EV spread, if the primary slashes are for the standard offensive DD set, it should be adamant max attack max speed, and then mention below an alternative EV spread if running WoW. Nice post though, I agree with your points and the ranking.

EDIT: Also why is there no Fire STAB even slashed?
Didn't want to make it too complicated since there are so many viable sets. Added flare blitz now though and also alternative Ev's for the Adamant DD set.

Despite the need to invest in special defence for some real bulk on that end, Tangrowth can make a viable Ass Vest user. It has higher special attack, but its special movepool is quite poor and it has Regenerator for recovery as is, so the Power Whip, Edgequake coverage and Knock Off make great
Venusaur and Breloom have already been taken. However, I can put your Venusaur write up for Poison and your Breloom writeup for Fighting. Thanks for writing, but please check to see if your thing has already been taken. ^^
It's a bit ridiculous that you can only have one person say something for each poke per mono. Surely it'd be better for multiple opinions? Even if you look at pure statistic, getting many samples and finding an average gets you closer to a true value.

Also, I haven't tried them for the other monos, so that makes putting them there invalid

Last edited:
Despite the need to invest in special defence for some real bulk on that end, Tangrowth can make a viable Ass Vest user. It has higher special attack, but its special movepool is quite poor and it has Regenerator for recovery as is, so the Power Whip, Edgequake coverage and Knock Off make great

It's a bit ridiculous that you can only have one person say something for each poke per mono. Surely it'd be better for multiple opinions? Also, I haven't tried them for the other monos, so that makes putting them there invalid
The sets are essentially the same with Venusaur and Breloom which is why I suggested that. If you wanted to add something, quote that post (In this case, it'd be Articuno's post) and put it there. That way I can easily see and stuff.
Edit: Only one person does the writeup, but there can be as many posts adding to it.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
PlacatedPlatypus said:

just a couple of thing, is spD supposed to be Speed or Special Defense? and anyway, on the EV spread, if the primary slashes are for the standard offensive DD set, it should be adamant max attack max speed, and then mention below an alternative EV spread if running WoW. Nice post though, I agree with your points and the ranking.

EDIT: Also why is there no Fire STAB even slashed?
Didn't want to make it too complicated since there are so many viable sets. Added flare blitz now though and also alternative Ev's for the Adamant DD set.
Not a problem, sorry if I came across a bit abrupt, it's not a problem to include other sets, especially for high tier mons, if anything it actually backs up your reasoning that they should be high tier as they can pull off many sets well. :)

DoW

formally Death on Wings
I'm more akin to rank Chansey A tier and Blissey S tier. Knock Off is everywhere and it hurts Chansey a lot more than Blissey.
While this is true, Chansey is better at tanking hits, though the dual knock-off combo of chansey and blissey can seem a little weak to it at times. I'm more inclined to rank both as S as they both have very important niches and need very little support.

Tangrowth for B Rank

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

Despite needing the investment in Sp Def to give him any real special bulk, this pokemon has a lot going for it. It has Edgequake coverage and Knock Off to disrupt the opponent's item on top of Power Whip to hit hard, despite its shaky accuracy. On top of this, regenerator lets it switch in and out as often as you want, essentially ignoring hazards. As a last note, it has higher special attack, but its special movepool is quite poor, resulting in a mixed Ass Vest set being used if you were to use Giga Drain and Hidden Power as part of a set.

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 ATK/ 252 Spd/ 4 Hp
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Zen Headbitt
- Ice Punch

MEDICHAM FOR A RANK(fighting)
Medicham is just as good in monotype as it is on ou. It can OHKO plenty of threats in the tier, and it can spam high jump kick more with ghost monotype teams not very common. The only thing holding it back is the bird spam in the tier(mega pinsir, mega aerodactyl, staraptor etc.).

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

nub Nomad Croven (Slowbro) @ Rocky Helmet/Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind/Toxic/Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
- Scald/Psyshock
- Ice Beam/Flamethrower/Grass Knot/Iron Defense

Explanation: Although it serves as a versitale physical wall, Slowbro does little to help with the specially-based electric and grass attacks oft aimed at water teams. As such, it requires support in the form of an electric immunity and grass resistance to excel. Depending on the build of one's team, Slowbro may be outclassed by Swampert as a physical wall because of the electric immunity provided by Swampert. Therefore, I'd like to nominate Slowbro for A rank on water monotype teams.

Set Details/Usage: With impressive 95/110/80 defenses, access to reliable recovery, and Regenerator, Slowbro is an excellent physical wall for water teams. At maximum investment it is capable of tanking and slacking off damage from almost all non-STAB, SE physical attacks. Rocky Helmet is great for accumulating residual damage; while, Leftovers provide Slowbro with a bit more bulk. Switching Slowbro in and out throughout a match to sponge hits is encouraged to make use of the recovery provided by Regenerator. An alternative EV spread, which finds more use on psychic teams, but could be viable on water as well, is 252 HP/ 232 Def/ 24 SpD. This prevents a specs Keldeo from 2HKO'ing w/ Hydro Pump after SR damage and Leftovers recovery. Thanks to dm35 for the alternate EV spread.

As evidenced by the plethora of slashes above, Slowbro is capable of performing a variety of roles well while also checking specific threats through careful move selection. It can serve as a win condition with a Calm Mind set, put a timer on an opposing threat with Toxic, or cripple the speedy attackers it loves to switch into with T-wave. With base 100 SpAtk, a STAB-boosted Scald, which rivals Knock Off as one of the most spammable attacks in the game, can actually hurt the opponent in addition to spreading status. Psyshock goes well on a Calm Mind set as it allows Slowbro to become a mixed attacker. The final move lets you pick what threat you want Slowbro to check: Ice Beam OHKO's many of the powerful physical attacking dragons and hits flying types for SE damage; Flamethrower/Fire Blast punishes Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Scizor, Forretress, etc.; Grass Knot breaks Mega-Gyarados' sub and is valuable in a mirror match. Finally, Iron Defense is worthy of a slash in the final spot as it can punish teams that let their special attackers faint too early in a match when paired with Calm Mind.

edit: didn't realize we were putting nicks on here :D

Last edited:
Medicham @ Medichamite
EVs: 252 ATK/ 252 Spd/ 4 Hp
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Zen Headbitt
- Ice Punch

MEDICHAM FOR A RANK(fighting)
Medicham is just as good in monotype as it is on ou. It can OHKO plenty of threats in the tier, and it can spam high jump kick more with ghost monotype teams not very common. The only thing holding it back is the bird spam in the tier(mega pinsir, mega aerodactyl, staraptor etc.).
You might want to change the Evs of the set since atk's supposed to be lower case, and you wrote 252 Special Defense (Spe is speed)

Can you edit it with this?

Medicham @ Medichamite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Zen Headbitt
- Ice Punch

Also a little more detail would be nice too. ^^
Once you do that I'll link your post in the thread

Calling Clefable, Whimsicott, and Azum, for fairy and there extra types, and Im calling Vivi for bug and flying
Also, keep in mind that Azumarill and Mawile might need 2 different write ups / sets since they are in different monotypes. (Mawile in Fairy might run Brick Break to deal with Steel monotypes, whereas Mawile in Steel would only run the standard since Heatran / Magnezone would cover Steel types.) Labeling the sets would be cool since I'd be easier to read

Last edited:
Ariados (Poison) for D Rank

Ariados @ Focus Sash
Ability: Insomnia
Lax Nature
- Sticky Web
- Infestation
- Toxic
- Shadow Sneak / Protect

Explanation: Ariados is a pretty bad Pokemon altogether and many people wonder why it's even used at all. And it wasn't, until this generation where Gamefreak gave it a move called Sticky Web. It's outclassed by Galvantula in Bug, but it's the only Sticky Webber in Poison Monotypes. The Focus Sash allows it to live any 1 move that's thrown at it meaning it will always get Webs up. However, because of its weakness to Stealth Rock and its horrid Bug typing it only has one chance to set up Webs, and since Defog / Rapid Spin is so common in Monotype they might not be up for long. Gengar is your only spin immunity and that's not close to reliable.

Sticky Web is obvious, Infestation makes sure your opponent cannot switch into their Defogger / Spinner unless they kill Ariados. Toxic is for Pokemon that want to set up since Ariados doesn't get Clear Smog etc. Protect is for Toxic Stalling and preventing Fake Out from hitting you while Shadow Sneak is for breaking sashes before they kill you.

Used On (Stolen from Cast):
1. Ariados should only be used on Hyper Offensive Poison teams since Ariados is outclassed in almost every way defensively.

Last edited:

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Breloom for A Rank

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Swords Dance/Rock Tomb
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

I'm the one who reserved Breloom for Grass and to be perfectly honest, you said everything I was going to say, including the same set. The only thing I would include is that, except for the very rare Toxic Orb Poison Heal sets, Breloom is extremely predictable. Almost all Breloom will run the set you mentioned and that is the main reason why I'd put it in A rank instead of S. So even though I reserved it, Anttyaz, we can use his write-up. Just try to stick to the rules next time bro ;)

I'm the one who reserved Breloom for Grass and to be perfectly honest, you said everything I was going to say, including the same set. The only thing I would include is that, except for the very rare Toxic Orb Poison Heal sets, Breloom is extremely predictable. Almost all Breloom will run the set you mentioned and that is the main reason why I'd put it in A rank instead of S. So even though I reserved it, Anttyaz, we can use his write-up. Just try to stick to the rules next time bro ;)
Thanks for being nice <3 And feel free to request something else

Edit: Reserving Slurpuff for Fairy!

Slurpuff for C Rank

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam / Draining Kiss
- Flamethrower / Cotton Guard
- Surf / Cotton Guard

or

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Return

Explanation: Slurpuff's a monster if you let it set up. It can choose between a bulkier Calm Mind set, or a fast Belly Drummer which are both good in their own way. The Special set is lacking the power meaning that you'd need 2+ CMs to sweep whereas the physical set is lacking the coverage so you have to kill all of the Steel Types before bringing it in (It's pretty much useless in a Fairy vs Steel matchup.) Hazard removal is also necessary since Slurpuff might not always live after Spikes / Rocks damage (Mandatory for physical set.) Screens are also mandatory since it'll be near impossible to set up with its average bulk. Priority is also a problem since it ignores speed boosts so you have to keep Slurpuff at a good amount of HP or take them all out before sending it in.

Set Explanation:

CM Set: 180 Speed is to outspeed scarfed Base 100s while maintaining some bulk. However, if you want to go full out bulk, then remove the speed and put it into HP and change Dazzling Gleam & Flamethrower / Surf to to Draining Kiss & Cotton Guard respectively. Flamethrower means that you'll be walled by Heatran, and Surf means that you'll be walled by Ferrothorn.

Belly Drum Set: Max Speed to outspeed most a majority of stuff (Including scarves.) Play Rough and Return are the only "usable" physical attacks that Slurpuff gets (Thief is also an option. It provides no useful coverage outside of Slowbro.) Substitute may seem stupid, but Slurpuff's sub can take a hit from most things behind screens. It also baits in stuff like Porygon2 who'd want to status it.

Last edited:

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Sableye (Ghost) for A Rank

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe (4 in speed to taunt other Sableye first)
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp/Toxic
- Recover
- Knock Off/Foul Play

People will hate you for running it, but Sableye is really good on Ghost teams. The only thing preventing it from being S rank is that it does little to Fairy teams. The most it can hope to do against Fairy is burn the Mega Mawile or Azumarill before getting nuked by Play Rough, and then Fairy teams usually carry Heal Bell or Aromatherapy, so it can't even permanently cripple the opponent's wallbreaker.
Beyond Fairy teams, Sableye has a bit of trouble with Fire, especially if it's a Will-O-Wisp set. In all other match ups, Sableye is very usable and can be instrumental in any victory. It is one of the only ways that Ghost can deal with Dark teams, but the one thing Sableye hates more than anything else is Mega Absol.

The rest of this post is simply recommendations for using Sableye and doesn't really have to do with its viability.

There are 2 main roles that Sableye fills, and the example set I provided allows Sableye to function under both of those roles at the same time.

1) The first role is stall. Since it gets Prankster, Sableye has access to priority Will-O-Wisp and Toxic as well as Recover (not to mention Taunt to prevent its opponents from burning/poisoning it). Because of this, Sableye can be a premier stall pokemon. Giving it max HP and special defense EVs along with Will-O-Wisp gives it enough bulk that it's surprisingly hard to take down.
2) The other role it fills would be anti-lead/support. Knock Off is perfect for those pokemon that rely on their items, such as Chansey, but even pokemon that can survive without their items are still crippled. No Leftovers recovery means the opponent gets stalled out that much faster. No choice band/specs means it can't hit as hard. Foul Play is also an option if you want to do serious damage to physical attackers, but Knock Off is generally preferred for its support.

Freeroamer

Mega Garchomp for A Rank
Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

Set Details: This set aims to smash through defensive cores thanks to it's great power and coverage. On their own, EdgeQuake and Dragon+Fire coverage would be considered excellent, but to have them both on the same set means there's very little that doesn't take great damage from at least one of the moves on the set. EVs allow you to outspeed neutral natured base 90s while making your special attacks as powerful as possible. Rest of EVs go into Attack as well as a boosting nature to maximise damage output, this has less investment due to Mega Garchomp's already incredible 170 base Attack. Nature reduces Garchomp's lower Special Defense rather than it's Defense but a Lonely nature is also viable. Speed and Special Attack boosting natures can also be used depending on personal preference.

Explanation: With the 6th gen, the already powerful Garchomp gained a Mega Evolution that gave it more options than ever before on Ground teams. Now it most commonly finds itself at home as a mixed wallbreaker, utilising it's impressive power and coverage to smash through defensive cores. It is also capable of using a threatening Swords Dance set thanks to it's impressive power, however this may be outclassed by regular Garchomp thanks to it's higher Speed and ability to hold an item. The power behind it's special attacks is quite crucial, as it gives Ground teams the ability to break down walls that they could otherwise struggle with, like Skarmory and Ferrothorn who are roasted by Fire Blast, and Slowbro who is 2hkoed by a combination of Earthquake and Draco Meteor either after Stealth Rock or in Sand thanks to Sand Force.

Why A rank? It fills a fantastic and important niche on Ground in that it is the only viable mixed wallbreaker, and a phenomenal one at that too. While it's new Speed tier lets threats outspeed it and take it out that normally wouldn't, the ability to smash through the likes of Slowbro, Skarmory and Mandibuzz means that Mega Garchomp is A Rank.

Mamoswine for A Rank
Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb / Choice Band / Choice Scarf
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Superpower / Knock Off / Stone Edge

Set Details: If using Choice Scarf, feel free to drop Ice Shard for one of the coverage options slashed in the last slot, usually Stone Edge to help revenge kill threats such as Mega Charizard Y and Volcarona

Explanation: Everyone's favorite mammoth returned to Gen 6 with all the power and great STABs it had previously. Mamoswine's Ice Shard represents Ground mono's best attempt at priority and has fairly impressive power, particularly coming off Life Orb and Choice Band sets. The great Ice STAB is as useful as ever on Ground teams, helping hit the Flying and Grass types that would otherwise have an advantage hard. Ironically, while Ice is often seen as a terrible defensive typing, it's actually a massive boon for Mamoswine on Ground teams as in combination with it's ability Thick Fat it resists Ice, making it a massive part of defensive synergy on Ground teams, whom Ice attacks hit pretty hard. It is for this reason that you might consider a Choice Band set rather than a Life Orb set, to make better use of the resistance as well as the extra power.

Why A Rank? I feel that with it's lower-than-average Speed tier and Special bulk, Mamoswine is forced out by a lot of faster threats that don't mind Ice Shard. However being the only priority on a team will always be a massive factor, and with how it is so useful against many monotype teams, I think that Mamoswine is well worthy of it's place in A Rank.

Gastrodon for B Rank
Gastrodon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Earth Power / Protect

Explanation: On the face of it, Gastrodon looks a very unappealing mon, with pretty poor stats apart from above average Special Defense and high HP. And there's the fact it's a sea slug. However looking past all this you notice that Gastrodon has one major factor that means it's a common fixture on Ground teams, it's ability, Storm Drain. This ability, not only giving it a boost to it's Special Attack when hit by any Water move, but also gives it a full immunity. Allied with it's already very good typing, means it is the special wall of choice for Ground teams, only slightly contested by SpDef Gliscor, which is plagued by Water and Ice weaknesses, giving Ground teams little synergy value. Between Hippowdon and Gastrodon, Ground has a strong core to withstand attacks from both sides of the spectrum. Gastrodon also gets access to the rage inducing Scald, meaning it can get a burn in clutch situations and help to patch it's meagre Defense. A physically defensive set is also viable for a better switch in to threats such as Keldeo.

Why B Rank? It has only decent offensive presence, is set-up bait for a lot of things, such as Charizard Mega X and SubCM Keldeo and is still easily broken by Grass attacks. A useful part of the Ground defensive core, but also a limited mon.

Also as no-one has reserved them yet, I'll nick Mega Charizard Y (Fire) and Mega Pinsir

EDIT: FaB can have Mega Pinsir, seeing as I already did the first 6 mons I wanted, will take Mega Heracross for Bug instead :)

Last edited:

Freeroamer

Anttyaz said:
DM just stole Mega Pinsir from you, sorry ^^' Feel free to take anything else
Not a problem, I'll have Mega Heracross for Bug instead seeing as I already did a load of mons I wanted ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)