Monthly Art Contest Megathread CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I'm back with Magcargo. It's really sloppy still (WIP I think). I'm expiramenting with new style so blah. I started thinking and decided Magcargo seemed more like a lava-hermitcrab than a snail in my mind so that's what I drew.

Something tells me that shinxe is gonna pummel us to a pulp with this contest..... Anybody agree? Also, do you get extra points for using digital art instead of sketching/shading.....Like I did?

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
master win; we're not using judging from now on-- this is purely based on votes from Smeargle Studio viewers. To put it bluntly, whoever has the best looking piece, will win; regardless of method.

Really good Emolga Froslad, it looks especially realistic, can't wait to see the finished one. And Sentret that is insane (in a good way), haha ;)

hey sup

raaawwwr

woke up mega early today for an appointment, so I decided to finish this (:

@Oglemi I had the same problem when I was drawing it hahah ):

I dunno man, I couldn't make that leg work, no matter what I did. Consider it a shortcut that I didn't draw it? heh

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Sentret = too good, not only does it look neat, but d'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Ivysaur I love the claws and coloring you did, but I feel like the front-right leg is missing, even if it is supposed to be hiding :x

Ok I'm back with Magcargo. It's really sloppy still (WIP I think). I'm expiramenting with new style so blah. I started thinking and decided Magcargo seemed more like a lava-hermitcrab than a snail in my mind so that's what I drew.

I think you really captured the essence of what Magcargo should look like in real life.... Anatomically correct, yet still looking like magcargo. I'm voting for you dude.

lol Bombiron that is excellent XD

So this is part of a wip, let me know what you guys think..

bit of a new style so forgive me if it's kind of awful.
Hoping to get a fineon and maybe some others on the line as well

At first I wondered what the joke was.

Then I saw it was Hypno.

Make it look more like a Hypno if you want a chance to defeat Magcargo.

OMGGGG ;-;
There are so many insanely awesometastical entries!!!
I feel like a failure.... ;__;

SENTRET BE MY SENSEI! 8D

read his first post! XD

I love that drowzee, never would have thought of him that way, haha.
and dj I love the way you colored the magikarp, definitely lookin' good :)

...Why that (epic) Magcargo got legs...?
Probably has something to do with the fact that this weeks challenge is to make a pokemon look more realistic (whether it's by photorealism or just making them look closer to the animals/things they were based on isn't really defined, but the latter is more likely)... so Sentret made magcargo look more like a hermit crab with adorable claws. Adding or removing bits and pieces to make the 'mons look like real animals is pretty much a given, imo.

Edit: Since I'm here, I may as well post one half of my (still very much in progress) entry. Go go gadget woobat! I wanted to make the nostrils heart-like while still being vaguely realistic, tell me how you guys think it turned out.

work on that a bit more and you got a winner boyo. and dj yes the hungry hungry cpillar. magcargo turned out boss, im thinking of putting hypnos name and dex # on there either to the right or above him yay/nay?

Alright, it might be possible I'll end up adding more shit to my entry, but I'm posting it as a final just in case I don't bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)