Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I am trying to abuse my ID/SID in HG and I want to RNG my starter (cyndaquil). I downloaded Pikatimer, PokeRNG, and have had RNGreporter for a while...What do I do to start? I understand I am supposed to find a suitable seed in PokeRNG first or something?

Okay it seems like im having alot of trouble getting shiny eggs in HGSS with frames greater than 1. Obtaining the delay is easy for me but when I reach the delay I still can't get the egg to be shiny.
Im trying to get frame 3 with delay 671. Once I confirmed my delay by calling elm 9 times, I bike around and do not accept 2 eggs and then accept the third. The egg I hatched was not shiny. Is there something I am not doing?

Okay it seems like im having alot of trouble getting shiny eggs in HGSS with frames greater than 1. Obtaining the delay is easy for me but when I reach the delay I still can't get the egg to be shiny.
Im trying to get frame 3 with delay 671. Once I confirmed my delay by calling elm 9 times, I bike around and do not accept 2 eggs and then accept the third. The egg I hatched was not shiny. Is there something I am not doing?
After you hit and confirm your delay by doing the elm calls, Call youngster Joey once since calling him advances the RNG by 2 if he is not asking for a battle. This will get you to frame 2, After doing that put your parents and bike up and down the route till he has a egg. Save in front of him, Hatch the egg and it should be shiny if NO NPC's have moved to mess up your frame. Talking to the day care man advances the RNG by 1.

EDIT: Made a few adjustments.

After you hit and confirm your delay by doing the elm calls, Call youngster Joey once since calling him advances the RNG by 2 if he is not asking for a battle. This will get you to frame 2, After doing that put your parents and bike up and down the route till he has a egg. Save in front of him, Hatch the egg and it should be shiny if NO NPC's have moved to mess up your frame. Talking to the day care man advances the RNG by 1.

EDIT: Made a few adjustments.
Hey thanks it worked. So that would mean it is impossible to obtain even frame shiny spreads? As obtaining a egg would be frame 1. Calling joey once + getting egg will get frame 3, calling joey twice + getting egg will get frame 5 and so on.

Hey thanks it worked. So that would mean it is impossible to obtain even frame shiny spreads? As obtaining a egg would be frame 1. Calling joey once + getting egg will get frame 3, calling joey twice + getting egg will get frame 5 and so on.
Your welcome, Glad you figured it out :), I'm not sure, I never tried to obtain an even spread with RNG abused a shiny egg, I guess you could using the radio, I think there's a radio station that advances the RNG by 1 but it may be inconsistent. I just stick with odd frames.

please help me anyone and thanks in advance, how am i going to rng for the hidden power of the pokemon i want to rng and the power of it hidden power?

note: rng breeding

I recently RNG'd a near-flawless HP Fire Naughty Giratina in Soul Silver, in the Arceus event. I wanted to let everyone know that the best place to save is in the center of the Mystri Stage, with only Arceus in your party, immediately before you choose which of the three dragons you want. If you save there and have already killed off the roamers, between you starting the game and receiving your dragon of choice, the game will only advance the frame once--that is, the monster creation frame. For example, the spread I just hit needed the frame advanced 65 times. I advanced it 64 times, got Giratina, and sure enough it was what I was aiming for.

Hope this (VERY OBSCURE) tip helps someone down the road. This is much easier than Sixfortyfive's somewhat convoluted method of saving before the event starts. (In the Ruins of Alph)

I recently RNG'd a near-flawless HP Fire Naughty Giratina in Soul Silver, in the Arceus event. I wanted to let everyone know that the best place to save is in the center of the Mystri Stage, with only Arceus in your party, immediately before you choose which of the three dragons you want. If you save there and have already killed off the roamers, between you starting the game and receiving your dragon of choice, the game will only advance the frame once--that is, the monster creation frame. For example, the spread I just hit needed the frame advanced 65 times. I advanced it 64 times, got Giratina, and sure enough it was what I was aiming for.

Hope this (VERY OBSCURE) tip helps someone down the road. This is much easier than Sixfortyfive's somewhat convoluted method of saving before the event starts. (In the Ruins of Alph)
Wait, but how would you advance your frame? The Pokegear doesn't work in there, Iirc. I just saved before I went into the ruins.

anyone here please help

im trying to rng breed a riolu, what should i do to make it have a hidden power rock? help here please

I'm trying to help someone with HGSS ID/SID abuse. They're using PikaTimer, since Eon Timer doesn't work on a Mac. They set up the timer correctly, but they just can't seem to hit the correct seconds.

When are they supposed to press A for the first timer? And, what about the second? Btw, they are on a DS Lite with no AR.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Change the Calibrated Seconds by the amount you're off by. For example, when I did it I was using a seed where the seconds was 5 but the seeds I kept getting was from 8 seconds so I reduced the Calibrated Seconds by 3 to fix it.

Change the Calibrated Seconds by the amount you're off by. For example, when I did it I was using a seed where the seconds was 5 but the seeds I kept getting was from 8 seconds so I reduced the Calibrated Seconds by 3 to fix it.
Problem is, he's getting different seconds every time. Idk if he's just not following the timer correctly, but I'm sure he is. But if we find we're hitting a consistent second, we'll try that :D

Also, when are they supposed to press A for the first timer? And, what about the second?

Problem is, he's getting different seconds every time. Idk if he's just not following the timer correctly, but I'm sure he is. But if we find we're hitting a consistent second, we'll try that :D

Also, when are they supposed to press A for the first timer? And, what about the second?
I abused my ID/SID with PikaTimer on HG just a few days ago. My trick was use calibrated seconds 14 and calibrated delay 490, then create timer as per usual. Then add 61 seconds to the first timer, and take 3 seconds off of the second one. Synch the time settings to one minute earlier than the "minutes before target" box says to, then go through the entire opening sequence and SR as the 1st timer ends. After going through the new game procedure again, push A on the "see you later!" screen as the second timer ends. I got it in 3 tries :).

OK I am the one who Princess of Johto is trying to help. I've tried to abuse my ID/SID numerous times, and have failed so much :/
Here is what I do (let me know if I did anything wrong):
Went on PokeRNG. Found a good spread. Took the PID and put it into Pandora's Box. Found an ID/SID combo I liked. Took the seed, put it into the seed to time finder. Found a time, entered everything into Pikatimer: http://postimage.org/image/1ykgycvno/
The pic says 30 seconds, but it was actually originally 33 seconds I put in because those were the seconds on my target time. Also, minutes before target was 2, not 3.
So, I went to my DS settings and set the time to two minutes before my target minute. Set the time at the exact same time as I pressed start on the timer.
Started the game when the timer reached 0.
Went through all the intro stuff, then pressed A when the second timer reached zero on the last sentence Professor Elm says ("See you later!")
I'd find out what ID I got. Then I would enter in the TID I got into Pandora's Box under Seed Finder.

Each time, I got like way different seconds. I have no idea what I did wrong (and it's probably something stupid and obvious) Any ideas?

EDIT: Pikachu25- I'll try that.

Yeah, try that.

The ID|SID combination is created once it goes to the black screen after "See you later!" (From my experience watching it via memory viewer)

Wait, when do I start the game?
You start the game twice. Once before the first timer ends so that you can SR when the first timer ends, and the second time when the second timer ends.

Try a different timer, like emloop, sometimes my pikatimer would act up so I think that is probably the problem.
As much as I hate to admit that my own timer has flaws... this is true. Some days it is crazy accurate, and some days it is just no where close. If you still cant get it to work, emloop is very reliable.

You start the game twice. Once before the first timer ends so that you can SR when the first timer ends, and the second time when the second timer ends.
I mean, when do I select "Pokemon HeartGold Version" from the main menu after I set my time? Just any time within the first timer?

For me it was 1, but it might be different. I would just try hitting your seed and using the search elm feature in Seed to Time, figure out what frame you're starting on.

I'm trying to abuse my ID/SID combo, and am finally hitting my seconds but I can't seem to hit my delay. I am aiming for 6820 but find myself consistently hitting around 6970-6980. Any tips/suggestions on how to hit my delay?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)