1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Princess Emily

Princess Emily

IIRC, I think sweet scenting will advance either 2, 3, or 4 depending where.
    I think it's 2 in grass/caves, 3 in any water, and 4 when fishing.

EDIT: Oops ^_^'
    I mean fishing advances by 4 frames lol
  2. Winters Zombie

Winters Zombie

Can't Sweet Scent when fishing...
  3. V4Victini

V4Victini [22:01] <&Stellar> I'm gonna edit ALL the YAML files
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcher

Does the Bug Catching Contest Encounter Type have the correct nature and enc. slot?
    Im basing slots off of this post
  4. NeoFred

NeoFred

Hi!
    I'm rng abuseing on my soulsilver for the first time, it seems i have hit my correct delay on the seed i have chosen via 10 Elm Calls.
    Seed (From pokéRNG): C5150212 30/15/30/31/31/31 Ice 70 Method K (No synch) 16
    As i dont have a syncronizer on my team, its frame 16 right?
    As method K pokes are all frame 1, do i have to call Elm 5 times more, or 6?
  5. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

You have to advance the frame by a total of 15 times. So assuming you do 10 Elm calls for verification you would need to do an additional 5 calls.
  6. Flare Blitzle

Flare Blitzle

OK, so I'm relatively new to SS RNG. I've done a few captures, so I know how to do it. Now I want to capture a Koffing in Burned Tower, but I can't get on my bike in there. What difference does that make (I know the pokemon following can cause advances or something? Not sure.)?

I read through the posts, but I didn't see anything (I may have missed it though. Apologies if I did).
  7. Zoap

Zoap

^In tower I usually go down or up a ladder so that your pokemon is not behind you when you get to the next floor(as you are only one space from the ladder so they don't appear till you walk forward one) and RNG like I'm on a bike.

I haven't had any odd frame issues doing it that way.
  8. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

That's how I did my unknowns on my HG. It works like a charm :3
  9. Flare Blitzle

Flare Blitzle

Alright, thanks. I'll give it a shot now. :)
  10. PoJ

PoJ

Wait, why does it even matter? I've never RNGd on my bike and I don't get weird results.
  11. KokoaKiwi

KokoaKiwi

Lol found a huge bug.

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Unless UNGL is intended to ask for a delay, I think it's pretty much self-explanatory. Also hitting "search" causes the search bar to fill up instantly without any results, even at 3 keypresses.
  12. Winters Zombie

Winters Zombie

Considering that this is 5th gen relevant, not even remotely having anything to do with 3rd or 4th gen abuse. Or any type of abuse for that matter. It doesn't belong here, or in any of the threads. Rather, just bring it up to OD.
  13. mew420

mew420

i am currently trying to rng the victini wonder card.

i am hitting the seed on frame 46. i need to hit 51. i listen to chatot 5 times, but the frame stays on 46 and i keep getting the same quirky chatot with crappy iv's.

any ideas on what i am doing wrong here?

cheers.
  14. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius

Did you record a custom chatter w/ the Chatot?
  15. mew420

mew420

i'm certain i did, but i'll go again just to be safe.

edit: haha, i'm an idiot. all sorted. thank you.
  16. mew420

mew420

a quick question regarding liberty garden victini:

if i battle and defeat victini are it's iv's and nature set then, or do they re-set with the next battle?
  17. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius

They will reset. You should probably be asking in the 5th gen RNG info thread for 5th gen stuff btw.
  18. mew420

mew420

thank you. and sorry - i thought this was for all gens.
  19. NeoFred

NeoFred

I need some help regarding Pt id/sid abuse. Are there any written guides (Yes, i've read the guide on the first post in this thread) but a guide that describes id/sid abuse more "In depth"?
  20. oldman

oldman

3rd Generation RNG dry battery Ruby/Sapphire seed 5a0
    Sorry if this isn't in correct forum but a bit stumped on this RNG breeding problem
    Parent A Ditto 2 28 31 31 17 25
    Parent B Gyarados 31 31 31 30 31 31

Baby magikarp 2 24 30/31 30/31 6 9 egg pick-up time approx 15.5 secs

So i'm looking for A/24/-/-/6/9 early on frame's 800-1000 approx

I've checked rng seed 5a0 and emerald rng seeds in both splits and alternative inheritance nothing relates to this egg
    And i keep hatching baby eggs with random iv's that i can't relate to anywhere in rng reporter with these parents so i have no idea of the frame i'm hitting

Does anyone know a bit more about rng in ruby/sapphire is there any other starting seeds apart from 5a0?
    If not i'll wait until more information know about this RNG abuse in NixHex article in
    (In-Game) RNG Abuse in Ruby/Sapphire
  21. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius

22. oldman

oldman

Hi Hozu thanks for posting those links i will have a good read and try and get my head around the information in them. Very different from RNG Emerald breeding! I dont suppose you know but should i keep using 5a0 seed in RNG reporter with my cart sapphire dry/battery when undertaking breeding
  23. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius

Yes continue to use the seed 5A0. This stuff is a little difficult to look at like that instead of in a guide though. And you also need to RNG the egg generation as well for the nature you want. :/
  24. Zenotwapal

Zenotwapal

Ok I'm planning on RNGing in the 4th Generation (All the legends in Platinum and Heartgold, to be exact)
    I'm in Heartgold right now, and I'm at the part where you must Encounter Ho-Oh. Is there a way to RNG Ho-Oh here? Or do I have to move on to obtain all the Elm Responses to verify my seeds?
  25. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius

You could call Irwin instead of Elm as his responses correspond to Elm's responses (idk which ones exactly myself). Alternatively you could use the Roamer method to verify your seed.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)