Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Weird error

In rngreporter 9.93 the encounter slot 7 pkmn is on frame 83 but
onrngreporter 9.95 the encounter slot 7 pkmn is on frame 82

But I can confirm that the previous day pokemon is on encounter slot 7
*Note I did this on a retail platinum cart.
1. I enter a date, ask backlot which pokemon he seen (happiny) and saved.
2. To save time, I enter the daybefore my target day @ 23:59 and backlot now seen a
cleffa.
3. I hit my seed
4. Since I used rngreporter 9.93 my frame was 83, so I did 40 journal flips, 1 turn, then sweet scented
5. Happiny appeared,captured, and was timid 31/31/31/31/31/31

EDIT. . . FFFFUUUUUUU.....
Magiphart I am sorry but I gave you the wrong advancemnts
This should make ditto move from encounter slot 6 to encounter slot 7.

And this is the steps you should perform
1. In rngreporter, select method J with a timid sync.
2. Take note of frame 81
* The number of advance is
advancement = target frame -# of roamers - 2
if you have no roaming pokemon you should do
79 advancements but 79 is not even so you will have to do
78/2 page flips which is 39 page flips and either advance the frame by one by using chatot or walking or turning only once and then sweet scenting.

3. Try to hit your seed, when you do, perform the necessary advancements.

*Note, unless your game is weird like my Sweet Scent may advance your frame by 1 or 2, should be 2 since it dppt. Unless ditto was a previous day trophy garden pokemon, it should be in encounter slot 6 but your game may put ditto in encounter slot 7. You will to see if you get ditto or the previous trophy garden pokemon when hit your frame.
That highlighted part is wrong, specifically using frame 81, which have an encounter slot of 2 :(

Correct
2. Your target frame is 83
* The number of advance is
advancement = target frame -# of roamers - 2
if you have no roaming pokemon you should do
81 advancements but 81 is not even so you will have to do
80/2 page flips which is 40 page flips and either advance the frame by one by using chatot or walking or turning only once and then sweet scenting.

Again sorry

Help me please thanks, :D

Hello everyone I'm trying to breed for a shiny starmie with seed 24160317 hope somebody help me, i forgot how and when to do the soft reset it's almost 1year since I've try doing RNG thanks :D I'm playing with SoulSilver cart

Wait, I'm confused my target frame is 82, not 83. I did 41 page flips, and then sweet scented taking no steps. I have no roamers, and the journal did not automatically open when I entered the game. Also, why are you saying 81 advancements puts me on frame 83, I thought I started on frame 1. Wouldn't being off one frame completely mess the thing up instead of everything being correct save for the encounter slot?

Hello everyone I'm trying to breed for a shiny starmie with seed 24160317 hope somebody help me, i forgot how and when to do the soft reset it's almost 1year since I've try doing RNG thanks :D
Breeding for shiny alone is easy. Enter your Id and SID, Starmie game take note of the time you entered catch a high level Pokémon choose find seed by stats. Then copy that seed to the main screen. The click shiny and choose nature. Tap the friendship checker the appropriate amount of times then flip the coin flip deposit the parents in the day care, and wait for an egg.

Breeding for shiny alone is easy. Enter your Id and SID, Starmie game take note of the time you entered catch a high level Pokémon choose find seed by stats. Then copy that seed to the main screen. The click shiny and choose nature. Tap the friendship checker the appropriate amount of times then flip the coin flip deposit the parents in the day care, and wait for an egg.
thanks buddy but that's breeding method in Dpp hehe :P i'm playing with soul silver btw thanks alot I really appreciated your help

Wait, I'm confused my target frame is 82, not 83. I did 41 page flips, and then sweet scented taking no steps. I have no roamers, and the journal did not automatically open when I entered the game. Also, why are you saying 81 advancements puts me on frame 83, I thought I started on frame 1. Wouldn't being off one frame completely mess the thing up instead of everything being correct save for the encounter slot?
It how you look at it. Its debated that the frame actually start at 0 and if you encounter a stationary will be on frame 1 instead of zero because of the monster frame.
Also I said you needed to do 81 "advancement" not page flips.
Also as I discussed with POJ (Princess of Johto)
Sweet scent can either advance the frame by 1 or 2. This vary by cart

Edit by sweet scent I mean that the sweet scent will advance the frame by (0 or 1) + 1 for the monster frame
Ignore the above for now

But do as I or GoldenBanana said
Do 40 flips
If you do 41 you will be on frame 82 then when you sweet scent it will be on frame 84 which is encounter slot 2 also
Do 40 flips not 41

Ignore the above for now

But do as I or GoldenBanana said
Do 40 flips
If you do 41 you will be on frame 82 then when you sweet scent it will be on frame 84 which is encounter slot 2 also
Do 40 flips not 41
I'll try that, but I'm using rng report 9.95. I though it already counted that advancement?

I'll try that, but I'm using rng report 9.95. I though it already counted that advancement?
If you're using 9.95, and you have no roamers, and your target is frame 82 then... you'll have to do 40 journal flips + 1 Chatot Chatter (chatot advances the frame by 1). Since you start on frame 1, 40 journal flips will land you on frame 81 (1+80=81). If you do 41 flips, you'll land on frame 83. With 9.95, just always remember that your target frame is the frame you need to advance to. There's no, "advance to 1 frame before and then sweet scent" anymore unless there are NPCs. You just advance directly to your target frame and sweet scent.

If you don't have a Chatot, you can always walk to advance your frame. Every 128 steps advances by however many Pokemon are in your party. You could bring 5 pokemon (or any odd number works), and then walk 128 steps (where there's no grass!!). That will land you on frame 6. 82-6=76. 76/2 = 38 journal flips.

But Chatot would be the easiest and fastest. Hope this helped. c:

I did exactly 40 flips, no other advancements, and got it!!!! Thank you all. This is excellent, perfect, superb! Thank you. Now that I know how to do it, I can easily get another one, so if anyone here who helped me wants one, just ask.

@POJ
What about a turn, I think it consistent in DPPT?
Also I think Magiphart SS is not advancing the frame, since that person is getting a flawless kricketune which is on (80 & 84) or (81 & 85 for older reporters).

Edit Congrads Magiphart

Its weird that SS vary per game

Now I have 3 perfect Ditto, and I even hit the delay first try last time! Once again thank you all. I guess it's time to head over to the 5th gen rng abuse, and look for breeding a perfect dream world Espeon.

So while waiting for a response on the 5th gen thread, I went to rng breed on SoulSilver. I've done it before, but that was with a delay in my calibrated delay range. Now I'm doing one that's not, and something really weird is happening. My calibrated delay is 492, I'm trying to hit a delay of 486. Calibrated and target seconds are both 14. So I set the time and date, entered the game, and soft reset. Then I call elm to verify my seed, and rng reporter didn't have results for it, this happened 4 times, even when I expanded it the range of results greatly. I'm good at hitting seeds, and I'm sure the information is correct so I'm not sure why it's not displaying what seed I hit. I think when I did this a long time ago, there might of been something about it skipping the first call, yet still being the correct seed..., but I'm not sure.

Edit: The radio wasn't open so that's not the problem.

So while waiting for a response on the 5th gen thread, I went to rng breed on SoulSilver. I've done it before, but that was with a delay in my calibrated delay range. Now I'm doing one that's not, and something really weird is happening. My calibrated delay is 492, I'm trying to hit a delay of 486. Calibrated and target seconds are both 14. So I set the time and date, entered the game, and soft reset. Then I call elm to verify my seed, and rng reporter didn't have results for it, this happened 4 times, even when I expanded it the range of results greatly. I'm good at hitting seeds, and I'm sure the information is correct so I'm not sure why it's not displaying what seed I hit. I think when I did this a long time ago, there might of been something about it skipping the first call, yet still being the correct seed..., but I'm not sure.

???
Unless you move the year backward till the target delay is 492 or higher you cannot hit that delay.

Why: Because you cannot enter the game faster then your cl delay

This thread has confused me. I'm playing Soul Silver, and I want to RNG a Mewtwo win Cerulean Cave. 1) What should I read first and download? 2) Will a Synchronizer help? 3) Is it easier or harder than in Black and White?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
1) All you need to download is RNG Reporter and EonTimer
2) Only if the seed you're using says Synchronize for the required lead
3) Depends on how good you are at hitting delays. If you're bad at it, it's harder. If you can consistently get the same delay, then it's about the same, arguably slightly easier in some ways.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
There is a significant difference from B/W. You have to time things to 1/30th of a second instead of one second. Synchronize may not be required but is useful. Sometimes if you overshot the frame if you have a sync lead there may be some other frames that work too. Example seed of D2140289 has Timid hex-flawless spreads on frames 70, 72, 74, 76. 82. 85. 90, 102, 108, and 110 while no sync has it only on frame 86.

1. Is the data enter in the eontimer match whats in the rngreporter?
2. Is the adjacent result to show +-99 and -+2 seconds?
3. Do you have any roaming pokemon?
4. Have you done all the qualification to use elm calls?
i.e
a Receive togepi or something like that
b Beat the e4 and went to Kanto
c Had a pokemon with the pokerus in the game
5. Is your ds date and time correct( ie min off by what eontimer says)?
6. Is all your information in the rngreporter for hgss correct?
7. Are you quickly entering the pokegear?

I know this sound like Im being condescending but thing like that happens to me alot.

1. Is the data enter in the eontimer match whats in the rngreporter?
2. Is the adjacent result to show +-99 and -+2 seconds?
3. Do you have any roaming pokemon?
4. Have you done all the qualification to use elm calls?
i.e
a Receive togepi or something like that
b Beat the e4 and went to Kanto
c Had a pokemon with the pokerus in the game
5. Is your ds date and time correct( ie min off by what eontimer says)?
6. Is all your information in the rngreporter for hgss correct?
7. Are you quickly entering the pokegear?

I know this sound like Im being condescending but thing like that happens to me alot.
1. Yes
2. Either that or more, but I'm really good at hitting delays, that's probably not my problem.
3. No.
4. Yes, I don't have 500 hours of playtime for doing nothing.
5. Yes.
6. Yes.
7. !!!..... that could be it.

Edit: Yep, definitely it. Thanks for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)