Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Just caught it : It has the same nature and the same IVs that the first I caught (I had my seed two times), so I now I can do it, I didnt failed at RNGs but...

Well, I need to work on how to find the good spread...

I hate RNG for Legendaries.

Alright, first things first, I SR'd well over a hundred times trying to land a delay of 723. I got every number from 718 to 734 around two to four times, EXCEPT 723. And that was out of the ones I actually kept track of. Sometimes, I'd get the coin flip wrong and reset without figuring out the delay.

...but then I got it. I GOT IT.

And the FRAME WAS WRONG AGAIN.

OK:

I have no runners out.
I have 5 Pokemon in my party.
I have no captures on the first page of the journal.
The journal does not show up when I start my game.
I generated the frames based on the syncer I had with me.

My desired frame was 578. I walked 128 steps. I flipped journal pages 286 times. How the hell was my frame off AGAIN? Is my frame always going to be +1 of what it should be? I'm afraid to just assume that though, because if I go through the trouble of getting the delay again, and aim for one frame lower, suddenly it will do what it's supposed to and give me Frame 577. I can guarantee it. It does this all the time with eggs.

...I...I don't get it. This game has broken my spirit, I swear...

EDIT:
Alright, this is very interesting, look, I tested some things:

If I SR and catch Azelf without doing anything, it will always have a Frame of 1.

If I walk 128 steps with 5 Pokemon, it will always have a Frame of 7.

Why is that? At least now I know the source of the problem, but it doesn't make sense. Does the switching of Poketch apps from 14 to 4 do anything?

And with these facts in place, how do I get an even Frame? Because walking 128 steps gives me an odd frame, it seems impossible.

Also: Does the game always load on a Frame of 0 in that cave? Regardless of what you did before saving?

I can't seem to hit my spread for Azelf either.

Frame: 2041
Journal Flips: 1020

So, I have 10 pages filled with caught pokemon, I press A to go through every page, and B to go back through the pages and end up in the Bag.

This makes 19 viewed pages in total.

19 x 53 = 1007

Which means I have to repeat the above progress 53 times, and then do another 13 flips to get 1020.

However, I did this 5 times now, and ended up getting the same Azelf every time, 19 frames over my target spread.

At first, I thought I lost track, but on the last 3 Azelf, I was 100% I went through all pages 53 times, yet, it says I'm 19 over the target.

So, I tried going 52 times through every page, and then do 13 seperate flips.
But then I was 19 frames under my target spread. Again, I'm sure I counted the flips correctly.

So, how on earth do I reach my frame, when the desired taps won't give me the result I want? =S

Can someone sum up the first post into something easier to understand? Basically, you need to time your entrance to the game, use the program, but I am just quite confused after that part?

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
Question:
I already did the calibration phase on my Platinum, BUT now I want to SR my other game (Diamond/Platinum) do I need to do the calibration phase again? Or can I use the same data of my first calibration?

Question:
I already did the calibration phase on my Platinum, BUT now I want to SR my other game (Diamond/Platinum) do I need to do the calibration phase again? Or can I use the same data of my first calibration?
No, every game is different, especially Platinum since the opening screen takes a different amount of time. Calibrate again

Rona: if you found the frame without a syncer in RNGreporter, I'm sure you don't need a bold syncer to hit that frame. Make sure you use Method J. Thanks for documenting your procedure for using emloop to hit strange delays. Perhaps we'll have more reasonably dated legends instead of Pokemon from the future.

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Rona: if you found the frame without a syncer in RNGreporter, I'm sure you don't need a bold syncer to hit that frame. Make sure you use Method J. Thanks for documenting your procedure for using emloop to hit strange delays. Perhaps we'll have more reasonably dated legends instead of Pokemon from the future.
Ah, alright. I'll have to run the Time Finder again because, like a klutz, I can't remember if I plugged a synchronizer into the conditions. Thanks!

But to make sure again, since I'm paranoid like that: I'll be trying for Frame 55 on Method J, instead of the "Actual" 70, right?

And no problem :> It took me a few tries, but I got delay 646 on the dot on my fourth try. If you're very exact with resetting right as the first timer ends and pressing A right as the second one ends after plugging the correct seconds in, I'm sure hitting those delays and won't be as unpredictable as it was, heh *_*

But to make sure again, since I'm paranoid like that: I'll be trying for Frame 55 on Method J, instead of the "Actual" 70, right?
Correct. I was initially confused by this as well. Perhaps Mingot should rename that column into something else. I'm thinking like "Original" or "Method 1" or something, just so we avoid any confusion.

EDIT to Rona: Your math is correct, so long as you don't have any runners out. I'd make a new post, but I'd feel guilty of post boosting.

Sephirona

is a Top Artist Alumnus
Correct. I was initially confused by this as well. Perhaps Mingot should rename that column into something else. I'm thinking like "Original" or "Method 1" or something, just so we avoid any confusion.
Alright, awesome. Thanks for your help ;D

Hope I won't get lazy tonight, maybe I'll try to grab that lovely Uxie. I think I understand what to do now. I don't need to do any walking with Pokemon in my party since Frame 55 is already an odd frame and Uxie's on frame 1, so I just have to flip (54/2=27) journal pages and then talk to it. Right? 8D

Yeah, I think that renaming that column would be helpful as well. It's not "actually" that frame anymore, so calling it "Actual" is a bit misleading. ;x

If I am sweet scenting a pokemon in the water and I want to hit a frame of 647, I would have to do 322 flips to advance the RNG by 644 since the frame is 3
is that correct?

Sephirona

is a Top Artist Alumnus
Ah, almost didn't see your response, bearsfan xD; Thanks! I don't have any runners out, I'm leaving them till after I get this down. I want a nice Articuno :x
I'd also edit my post, but then my responses might get overlooked too, heh;

@Crayon: If you want, I'll write the more generalized explanation for what I did, I just used my own numbers cause it was easier to explain with an example and an image, heh *_*; Glad it might help, though~

Yeah, it definitely will.
Its tough to find a decent shiny spread that's at a low delay, so I've been forced to increase my delay to get something great.
I can easily get a near-flawless spread that isn't shiny, I'm not going to get something not-as-good but shiny, that's not how I roll.
⌐.⌐

Generalized explanation is up to you, I'm just really busy right now so I can't really pay attention. I'll understand it on Friday when I need to. :D
EDIT: LOL I just translated that block of Japanese text. :D

I am trying to RNG abuse a captured pokemon. I am sweet scenting a tentacool. I hit the right seed and did 322 flips to hit frame 647 (322*2=644 + 3(starting frame)=647). However, the first time, i hit frame 695 and the second time I hit frame 653? Is this just my error in counting or am i doint something wrong.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

EDIT:
Alright, this is very interesting, look, I tested some things:

If I SR and catch Azelf without doing anything, it will always have a Frame of 1.

If I walk 128 steps with 5 Pokemon, it will always have a Frame of 7.
Just went and retest (5 in party, 128 steps) on Azelf and got frame 6 every time.

Did control and verified no steps got frame 1.

Did another control and cycled through all Poketch apps and still got my expected frame (6 in this case).

Don't know what to tell you, but your results are strange.

You've eliminated the possibility that you have a runner out by verifying frame 1. It can't be anything in the journal. I eliminated the poketch flipping as a possibility.

I can't seem to hit my spread for Azelf either.

Frame: 2041
Journal Flips: 1020

So, I have 10 pages filled with caught pokemon, I press A to go through every page, and B to go back through the pages and end up in the Bag.

This makes 19 viewed pages in total.

19 x 53 = 1007

Which means I have to repeat the above progress 53 times, and then do another 13 flips to get 1020.

However, I did this 5 times now, and ended up getting the same Azelf every time, 19 frames over my target spread.

At first, I thought I lost track, but on the last 3 Azelf, I was 100% I went through all pages 53 times, yet, it says I'm 19 over the target.

So, I tried going 52 times through every page, and then do 13 seperate flips.
But then I was 19 frames under my target spread. Again, I'm sure I counted the flips correctly.

So, how on earth do I reach my frame, when the desired taps won't give me the result I want? =S
You should really try hitting something at a lower frame for testing. The fact that you are doing these 19 flip batches and are always off by 19 is suspect.

As for the reason I've been trying for that particular time+delay:
I found a spread at both Method 1 and Method J for a lovely bold shiny Uxie I'd love to catch. Uxies start on frame 1, right?
For method 1, it's at Frame 70.
For method J, it's at "Frame 55, Actual 70".
Is it necessary to use a syncer for frame J? D: Would the syncer have to be bold? Or could I just use the Method 1 version and not have to worry about a syncer?
The Pokemon under Method J require method J to get an accurate frame. You can synch or not as that is specified when you generate frames. Just make sure what you generate for matches your lead Pokemon.

Actual is referenced nowhere in the instructions, at this point.

I am trying to RNG abuse a captured pokemon. I am sweet scenting a tentacool. I hit the right seed and did 322 flips to hit frame 647 (322*2=644 + 3(starting frame)=647). However, the first time, i hit frame 695 and the second time I hit frame 653? Is this just my error in counting or am i doint something wrong.
Impossible to know.

Sephirona

is a Top Artist Alumnus
J
The Pokemon under Method J require method J to get an accurate frame. You can synch or not as that is specified when you generate frames. Just make sure what you generate for matches your lead Pokemon.

Actual is referenced nowhere in the instructions, at this point.
Yesh, I realized that, thanks :'D
Just re-ran the Time Finder without a sync specified and - lucky me - I don't need a synchronizer for the shiny Uxie spread.

8702028F 55 DB140326 !!! Bold 0 20 8 31 4 31 31 Grass 57

I'll try for it tonight. Here's to hoping that Uxie doesn't really suffer from having HP Grass. xP

Wow. Just wondering, is there any way for me to accidentally crash my RNG reporter?
Because I can't imagine running a billion and a half spreads through it at once can be too awesome for my computer.

Just want to know in case it's going to make it crash or something, or I'll take it in smaller increments.

Sephirona

is a Top Artist Alumnus
The emloop timer method worked. I just matched 13 flips, flipped my journal 27 times, and encountered my shiny Uxie. All you need to do is tinker around with the extra bit of delay before converting it to seconds, remember to keep the extra delay either odd or even, and try to narrow it down.

Thanks, OmegaDonut, for thinking of the emloop timer, and everyone for explaining the rest to me. x)

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Oh, good work on the timer instructions. You should think about making them generic if you have time. One thing that was discovered when I was working with SCV on trying to figure out if delays are odd or even was that cancelling the continue screen and then going back to it flipped your delay from it's normal even/off track for that reset. If you have time because you are waiting for the timer it might be good to be able to do that instead of futzing around with the GBA carts.

EDIT: Also tested TM messages in journal with NO capture/defeated and there was no RNG advance at all. Tested with thief TM, I did not even know I still had one in my game, but saw it wandering around checking for a Pokemart with no NPCs.

Holy crap I'm estatic. I used Emloops timer, as OmegaDonut suggested, to try to pinpoint my delay to a value of 646 with 59 seconds - and I just hit it on the dot. He said he hadn't tried it yet, but it works.
Alright, that looks awesome. =D

I'm trying it right now, having followed the directions in your post: my standard delay is 14 seconds and 622, and my current target is :00 and 723, so that gave me values of 44.32 and 15.68. I've been testing it and have gotten some varied delays of 718-738, depending on how trigger-happy my fingers are at the moment. Dunno how else to tinker around with it to increase my chances, but I guess I'll get it eventually...

Edit: Omg, fighting Shiny Azelf right now! That took very little time at all to hit my seed that time (and having 3 pokes in my party fixed the Frame-oddities I had earlier) I did have to change the year to 2008 to make my target delay 724, because all my delays I kept getting were Even (with or without a GBA cart), but ah well. Omg, so happy :D Thanks to you and OmegaDonut for the Emloop advice, and thanks to mingot for addressing all my silly problems. xP

Edit2: Damn...I ...hadn't realized how hard it would be to catch. And with only 3 pokes, I have to spend most of my time healing my guys, and my only thing that could surf AND inflict sleep was underleveled, and...crud...I'm gonna fail to catch it...

Edit3: I HATE Luxury Balls. End of Story. Can they catch anything? Ever? I see that Rona got it to work eventually, but...guh... x_x; I can't even get Repeat Balls to work while it is asleep...this seems impossible... But I'd rather not Master Ball it after so many turns of it wasting all my items.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
If you defeat one of the Regi trio and return to rebattle it, it will be a different monster.

Procedure: L91 Smeargle uses Night Shade on Regice. First one takes two hits, but the one after it is defeated after the first one. The two Regices must have different HP values, and hence be different monsters.

Sephirona

is a Top Artist Alumnus
Oh, good work on the timer instructions. You should think about making them generic if you have time. One thing that was discovered when I was working with SCV on trying to figure out if delays are odd or even was that cancelling the continue screen and then going back to it flipped your delay from it's normal even/off track for that reset. If you have time because you are waiting for the timer it might be good to be able to do that instead of futzing around with the GBA carts.

EDIT: Also tested TM messages in journal with NO capture/defeated and there was no journal advance at all. Tested with thief TM, I did not even know I still had one in my game, but saw it wandering around checking for a Pokemart with no NPCs.
Thanks :'D Credit still goes to OmegaDonut for bringing up the Emloop timer, of course. I'll get to rewriting that post to something hopefully more directional very soon, sure!

Late reply because the shiny Uxie from before killed itself while I tried to catch it in a luxury ball...=_= Guess Struggle still hits Shedinja even though it's a normal move. Just spent all this time getting back to the same delay again, lol. /cry

@Nyasu: It's alright if your delays still have a larger range, our fingers aren't machine fingers and we can't hit everything exactly 8D; Even a 00:00:01 miss can throw you off.

With practice, however, you can narrow your range to something as small as 640-648, which is pretty much the normal kind of difference as in IV abuse. At least, that's what 've found so far. I consistently hit the same seeds over and over, as well. All except for my shiny one. x.x
If you find that your range is a little different than what you'd like, you can tinker by either adding or subtracting two numbers from your "フレーム" value, depending on whether you want your range to be higher or lower. It's still hard work, but at least you don't need to guess when to press the A button.

Alright, I'll get to that post as soon as I Thunder Wave and luxury ball this Uxie (take two) xP

Edit:
Paralysis = <3
I'll start rewriting it now, and if I don't finish it'll be posted tomorrow. 2:51 AM here, way past my bedtime xD;

Yes! I did this for the first time! Ik now have a crappy shiny Heatran, but its shiny! hurray! Thank you everyone that has helped me, I asked a lot of questions. and now its time to get other shiny legends, with better IV's!

its Naive, 18 28 31 7 17 11 Like I said, could be better. It has HP dragon 48.

Woehoe! oh, im a little late for school, but I did it! :D :D :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)