Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

The Giritina-Man : Is that a joke question, is the IV checker code accurate? Of course it is. You just have to choose you're spread you want for eggs, and what natures and IVs for legends.

robalo and xia - What do you mean xia, use resort area to check for frame. If you are breeding eggs, what you do is take the egg and go catch a pokemon, get the seed, and generate the breeding dppt list and find what frame your egg is.

I suggest all of you re read the OP.
Joke? No joke...I want to make sure I get the most perfect of perfect IV's for my shiny Giratina-O. For the Mixhed Attacker set that is w/a Naughty nature (if the Special Attackers wall him).
I won't be needing my SID, will I? Cause that was only for the breeding, correct?

Joke? No joke...I want to make sure I get the most perfect of perfect IV's for my shiny Giratina-O. For the Mixhed Attacker set that is w/a Naughty nature (if the Special Attackers wall him).
I won't be needing my SID, will I? Cause that was only for the breeding, correct?
SID is to make the pokemon shiny. So if you want is shiny, you need your SID.

Hello! I joined smogon mainly because I'm interested in competitive battling, but I am also interested in RNG. I've been trying for the past few days and I've been able to hit my delay quite a few times, and then I found another spread that's only 4 delay more that works just fine. Those are 604 and 608. 604 requires frame 2, and 608 requires frame 3. Now everytime I hit 604 I always hit frame 3 and everytime I hit 608, I hit frame 2. Does delay effect frame at all? Or is it a matter of luck and I just have to keep trying? :x

Thanks for the help!

Hello! I joined smogon mainly because I'm interested in competitive battling, but I am also interested in RNG. I've been trying for the past few days and I've been able to hit my delay quite a few times, and then I found another spread that's only 4 delay more that works just fine. Those are 604 and 608. 604 requires frame 2, and 608 requires frame 3. Now everytime I hit 604 I always hit frame 3 and everytime I hit 608, I hit frame 2. Does delay effect frame at all? Or is it a matter of luck and I just have to keep trying? :x

Thanks for the help!
Delay does not affect the frame. You can get many different delays but get the same frame. In some random cases, when you hit a certain delay, the frame is always different then the standard one you want.

Delay does not affect the frame. You can get many different delays but get the same frame. In some random cases, when you hit a certain delay, the frame is always different then the standard one you want.
Oh, so this might be one of those cases? and if it is, that means I might have to change spreads...? :x

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Mingot, after consulting the Hidden Power, IV, and Metalkid, the best I can come up for with my minun's spread is 0 - 29 / 20 - 31 / 0 - 31 / 0 - 31 / 0 - 29 / 31, and HP [Ice].

Am I missing something?

EDIT: Bah! Forget it, I'm giving up on trying to break this thing. ='[

So I download the upatred RNG Reporter, choose teh "time Finder" and then what? Choose nature and hit Generate? Or am I going to have to match my DS and PC (in this case) time's together?

@LF, is the IV check code even accurate? And how are you supposed to even SR w/that thing attached to the game?
Why would anyone use the IV code if it didn't work? And you don't SR for this stuff, you need to hard reset to change the date. So pretty much the only thing the AR affects is the starting time by about 2 seconds.

Alright, I really want to RNG abuse and get my Shiny, so I was hoping you guys could tell me what I did wrong.

I've been trying it for a few days now and have failed all attempts. I'm trying to breed a Shiny Manetric. Preferably with Timid nature, but I'll settle for Quiet or Modest. With my first try I got a Lonely Electrike instead of a Modest one.

To get that I followed the IRNG abuse for Shinyness.

Here's what I did:

- I had a party of five Pokemon.
- I had compatible Parents. (LightningFusion's Ditto and The Mole's Mitchell Manetric) (With the IV's for the Ditto being Hex-Flawless and it's Nature being Modest and the Manetric had 30/15/31/30/31/30
[FONT=&quot])
- I went to the Survival Area and saved there so that I could catch a Pokemon Level 50 and over at Route 226. I had my Begineer Pokemon Empoleon, my Starly, my Electivire, Mitchell's Manetric, and LF's Ditto. With an empty slot.
- I had my Poketch app at the one before the Happiness Checker and then I saved the game.
- I turned of my gave then turned it back on and made note of my DS time and date, down to the minute.
- I went into the Grass patch on Route 226, ran into a Machoke Level 49.
- I ran away.
-Then I ran into a Ratticate level 50 and caught it.
-I opened up the RNG Reporter and clicked on DPPT Seed Finder and clicked on the tap that said "Find Initial Seed by Stsats"
- I inputed in the year, date, and time of the DS down to the minute that I clicked "A" on the Continue Screen.
- I found my Seed.
- I clicked on it then clicked "OK".
- Then it took me back to the RNG Reporter 5.20 by mingot and I clicked on "Generate".
- I got a lot of frames.
- The only Timid Frame had 4396 Happiness Checker Double Taps and 0 Con Flip Taps.
- I tried doing that since I really wanted it, but since reaching 100 took me a while I just went for a Modest Frame with 826 Happiness Checker Taps and 8 Coin Flip Taps.
- I walked out of the Grass Patch. There were no NPC's.
- It took me four hours to rech 826 but I did. Then I messed up and only clicked on the empty spaces for the Coin Flip App.
------
Today, I tried again. :

[/FONT]
- I had a party of five Pokemon.
- I had compatible Parents. (Syberia's Ditto and The Mole's Mitchell Manetric) (With the IV's for the Ditto being Hex-Flawless and it's Nature being Modest and the Manetric had 30/15/31/30/31/30
[FONT=&quot])
- I went to the Survival Area and saved there so that I could catch a Pokemon Level 50 and over at Route 226. I had my Begineer Pokemon Empoleon, my Starly, my Electivire, Mitchell's Manetric, and LF's Ditto. With an empty slot.
- I had my Poketch app at the one before the Happiness Checker and then I saved the game.
- I turned of my gave then turned it back on and made note of my DS time and date, down to the minute.
- I went into the Grass patch on Route 226, ran into a Machoke Level 49.
- I ran away.
-Then I ran into a Ratticate level 50 and caught it.
- I opened up the RNG Reporter and inputted in my ID and SID, Shiny Only, and Any ability.
- I then clicked on DPPT Seed Finder.
- Then I clicked on the tap that said "Find Initial Seed by Stsats"
- I inputed in the year, date, and time of the DS down to the minute that I clicked "A" on the Continue Screen.
- I found my Seed.
- I clicked on it then clicked "OK".
- Then it took me back to the RNG Reporter 5.20 by mingot and I clicked on "Generate".
- I got a lot of frames.
- I saw a Timid Frame but it was 3000+ Happiness Checker Taps, so I settled for a Quiet Frame with 306 Happiness Checker Double Taps and 6 Coin Flip Double Taps.
- This time, I didn't move and I did all the Taps for both of the Apps.
-Then I flew to Solocean Town and deposited the Raticate in a Box.
- I put Mitchell and Syberia's Ditto in the Daycare.
- Biked up and down Soloceon Town the Day Care man had an Egg.
- Flew to Hearthome to Hatch the Egg.
- Hatched to verify Shinyness.
-It wasn't Shiny.
- I got a Lax Nature. :(

What did I do wrong??

Just for reference, I'm not abusing for IV's since even though my first try was a fluke. I did get a pretty good Electrike.

Electrike
Nature: Lonely
Ability:Lightningrod
IV's: 18/31/18/ 26/ 31/31 (Hidden Power Grass 70)
[/FONT]
A few general tips that you might have missed:

1. There is nothing wrong with using a level 49 Pokemon to find your seed. Generally, the higher the level, the easier it is to narrow down the IVs, but RNG Reporter should have no trouble determining the seed from the stats of a level 49. You don't have to use the first Pokemon you encounter, it's just easier.

2. You were doing this correctly, but for future reference, make sure you do the happiness double-taps before you deposit Pokemon. The numbers are only correct if your party contains 6 Pokemon (five that you started with and one that you caught).

3. There is no such thing as Coin Flip double-taps. You tap the coin once to flip it. Wait for the result to be shown before flipping it again. Each result is one flip.

4. Make sure the Happiness checker only opens ONCE. Just opening it counts as a double-tap, and only one opening is accounted for in the numbers. If you need to go past it again, make sure you click quickly past so that only the blank screen with the number 06 is shown.

5. If your result wasn't what you are expecting, uncheck the "shiny only" check box and generate again. then find your target in the results (it will have the same frame number as before and the !!! column will be filled in to indicate that it is a shiny). Look at the surrounding results and figure out (from nature, gender & ability) which one you actually hit. If you ended up on an earlier frame, you can still get your shiny. Just collect a few more eggs and the shiny will come up. For example, if my target was frame 377 and I hatched from frame 375, I could just get two more eggs and the second one would be the frame 377 shiny.

In all likelihood, you simply miscounted the taps/flips, try again and you will get your shiny eventually. If you weren't doing this already, it's a good idea to reset on the minute or very soon after to make sure the minute you enter into Seed Finder doesn't change before you hit "Continue".

For this particular RNG technique, there is an instructional video by thetorsoboy linked in the original post. It may help.

First of all, thanks MinusOne. :)

Ah, okay, I'll use 49 if I run into it.

Okay, I'll remember to do that. Oh, all right, it said I had to double flip it 6 times, so I guess I only did 3?

Alright, I'll make sure it only opens once.

You're right! The Frame I hit was 3691, and I was aiming for 4376. Thanks! Does that mean I'd have to hatch 683 eggs to get my shiny? Because it's a big gap, but the Lax Nature is just below it. And if the Frame has the Nature in Silver does that mean it's not Shiny?

Ah, okay, I'll try that, I have the DS synched with a clock anyways when I'm doing this, down to the seconds too, so I usually don't mess up on that.

Alright, I'll check it out if I fail again. :(

Thanks MinusOne, and Robalo, Sorry Mingot. :( I'll write big from now on and I fixed it.

I performed my initial calibration once again in an attempt to break my tie of the two most common seconds/delays. After a whopping 40 catches and checks, here's the breakdown of what I got:

(seconds, delay, number of times)
14, 589 (x1)
14, 591 (x1)
15, 591 (x2)
14, 593 (x1)
15, 593 (x1)
14, 595 (x2)
15, 595 (x2)
14, 597 (x5)
15, 597 (x1)
14, 599 (x5)
15, 599 (x3)
14, 601 (x2)
15, 601 (x2)
15, 603 (x4)
15, 605 (x6)
15, 607 (x2)

My most common delay was 599 (x8), but it was split between 5 instances of 14 seconds and 3 instances of 15 seconds. I need my most common COMBINATION of seconds and delay, right? If so, that would be 15 seconds and a delay of 605, which occured 6 times, barely edging out 14/599 for the most common.

Can someone please confirm my answer to the question above? Thanks!

First of all, thanks MinusOne. :)

Ah, okay, I'll use 49 if I run into it.

Okay, I'll remember to do that. Oh, all right, it said I had to double flip it 6 times, so I guess I only did 3?

Alright, I'll make sure it only opens once.

You're right! The Frame I hit was 3691, and I was aiming for 4376. Thanks! Does that mean I'd have to hatch 683 eggs to get my shiny? Because it's a big gap, but the Lax Nature is just below it. And if the Frame has the Nature in Silver does that mean it's not Shiny?

Ah, okay, I'll try that, I have the DS synched with a clock anyways when I'm doing this, down to the seconds too, so I usually don't mess up on that.

Alright, I'll check it out if I fail again. :(

Thanks MinusOne, and Robalo, Sorry Mingot. :( I'll write big from now on and I fixed it.
Lol do not hatch 683 eggs.
I think you just need to re-read the instructions a few more times before trying again. Try going step-by-step, referring to the instructions each time, and be sure you understand each step before continuing to the next one. You can't go through the whole thing at once and expect to do it right the very first time.

Misdreavus: You're much better off trying to get a consistent second before worrying about delay. I for instance only hit 14 seconds, so it's much easier to narrow down my search. So try going faster/slower to hit 14/15 seconds consistently.

@Coktal: Vlietung's website, as there are 3 hex 30 and they are all listed there.

I need some help with hitting higher delays. I've read both guides and have a small problem with Syberia's. My usual seconds are 13. I am trying to hit a delay of 652 which is only slightly higher than my usual of 620-630. The problem is that I want to hit my delay, but it equates to seconds of 10.86 which is lower than my usual seconds so the timer runs out before I get to the continue screen. I'm fairly confused about this and I am not great at maths so I'm struggling to get my head around it.

I'm just not really sure where to go from here, so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
@Coktal: Vlietung's website, as there are 3 hex 30 and they are all listed there.

I need some help with hitting higher delays. I've read both guides and have a small problem with Syberia's. My usual seconds are 13. I am trying to hit a delay of 652 which is only slightly higher than my usual of 620-630. The problem is that I want to hit my delay, but it equates to seconds of 10.86 which is lower than my usual seconds so the timer runs out before I get to the continue screen. I'm fairly confused about this and I am not great at maths so I'm struggling to get my head around it.

I'm just not really sure where to go from here, so any help is appreciated. Thanks.
In that case, try adding about 3 seconds to 10.86 for a more usual amount. 10.86 doesn't count the white screen time at the beginning, so that would be a problem.

In that case, try adding about 3 seconds to 10.86 for a more usual amount. 10.86 doesn't count the white screen time at the beginning, so that would be a problem.
Ok, I'll give that a shot. I think that Syberia's guide does not take into account delays which will equate to low seconds, or I'm just misreading something.

Would it be better to add .45 seconds to my 13 seconds which is about how many frames of difference there is between my usual and target delay?

EDIT: Now when I'm trying to get emloop's timer to start it just starts then stops without counting down at all. The only thing I changed is I deleted the value from the box under what you called the 'pre-reset time'

Hey, so just a few quick questions in regards to the Masuda Method:
1. I got a Japanese Ditto. Does that mean that I get the halved shiny value for every Pokemon?
2. I was reading around and I found someone say something about not turning the DS off in regards to getting their shiny. Can someone elaborate on that a little for me?
Thanks a bunch.

1. It doesn't halve the amount of taps for it if that's what your asking. It just makes it so the game tries 4 times to get a shiny one, instead of the usual one. To find those, chose the International Breed when generating.
2. The probably meant that it had alot of taps and that they had to stop, so they closed their DS to put it into power saver.

Ok, another question.
I got my Shiny Swablu from the Masuda Method, so can I use that to get my Secret ID? Or do I need to find a random shiny Pokemon from the wild?

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi. I seem to be having problems with the RNG Abuse for Wonder Cards.

I am trying to SR a TRU Shaymin, but none of my attempts had the correct IV's. (Around 30 attempts so far.) My Average Seconds/Delay has been around 14/636, and my Target Delay for the spread I want is 637, which is well within the average I calculated, but I have not been able to hit it a single time, and I have been following all of the steps so far. I can't figure out what's wrong. Perhaps I miscalculated my average delay? Am I doing everything right but am just missing the Target Delay? I need some help on this. (If it helps, my DS Date is 6/6/2009, Target Time is 15:10:00)

Also, exactly how important is it to have the Journal up at the start of the game? Can't you just pull it up from your bag and flip it to get the same results?

Thanks for your time.

Average Delay means nothing. What's the point in targetting a delay that you cannot hit ever, just because it's between the values that you usually get?

You need to target a delay that you CAN hit consistently, not one that's in the average of the delays that you usually hit.

Also, you should verify WHICH delay you are actually hitting, just to know if you are locked on an even or odd delay.

Ok after the happiness checker i go to the coin flip. After i'm done do I have to switch the app? Also does the parents have to be in your party or box? Cause it's not working for me.

In general, people find that they nearly always hit one type of delay (even or odd). In my case, I always hit odd delays. If you are hitting even delays, it will be hard to get 637. Inserting a GBA Pokemon game into the DS seems to increase the delay by 1, thus changing your delay type.

In a 'quiet' zone, there is no problem pulling up the journal any time, as the RNG is not changing unless you do something to cause an advance. However, when collecting a Wonder Card, you will be in a Pokemart where the wandering NPC (there is always at least one) is causing the RNG to advance continuously, making it impossible to advance to the target frame in any controlled manner. This is why you must collect as soon as you enter the world. If you do this, the resultant Pokemon will usually always come from the same frame (e.g. frame 5). You can use journal flips before the game starts to increase the frame (so one flip will move the frame to 7), allowing you to hit your target. Since each journal flip advances the RNG by 2, it is important that your initial frame has the same odd/evenness as your target frame. If it does not, go back to the day on which you caught the Pokemon that appears in the journal and make a new save. Keep trying until the frame is right.

It helps if you read the section on egg IVs. The process of collecting the egg is very similar to the process of collecting a Wonder Card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)