Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

This is just for basic shiny breeding, using RNG Reporter..

whyyyyy.
Do I keep getting the "No matches found for the IVs entered. Please check and try again." message..?

I haven't done this for a while.. well, last time I used RNG Reporter it was a now very old version, but..
A few other things have changed;
new file
using an R4
using an AR to check IVs

however - as far as I know, I haven't been doing anything wrong. :/
Have I simply forgotten to select something in the Reporter?
This is really starting to frustrate me, as I have abused for shinies many times before.. D:

ughhh, any help would be much appreciated. Thankyou. :)

This is just for basic shiny breeding, using RNG Reporter..

whyyyyy.
Do I keep getting the "No matches found for the IVs entered. Please check and try again." message..?

I haven't done this for a while.. well, last time I used RNG Reporter it was a now very old version, but..
A few other things have changed;
new file
using an R4
using an AR to check IVs

however - as far as I know, I haven't been doing anything wrong. :/
Have I simply forgotten to select something in the Reporter?
This is really starting to frustrate me, as I have abused for shinies many times before.. D:

ughhh, any help would be much appreciated. Thankyou. :)
I would think the most likely mistake you're making is the order of the IVs. If you're using the IV check code that changes the TMs then the IVs are listed HP/Atk/Def/Spe/SpA/SpD.

The only other thing I can think of is if you are entering the wrong time/date.

I would think the most likely mistake you're making is the order of the IVs. If you're using the IV check code that changes the TMs then the IVs are listed HP/Atk/Def/Spe/SpA/SpD.

The only other thing I can think of is if you are entering the wrong time/date.
oh, shit. I didn't know that. o.o;
Em. Looks like I need to recheck all of my Pokémon's IVs. @__@;

It must be that, then. The date is right. Thanks oddsok. >>;

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
Initial Frame changes. Method changes when you are generating to find a frame.
Yeah, they have different initial frames, but I saw that Oak release the birds at the same time. so if he release the birds at the same time i only can SR one bird? cause the three birds have different frames and it will be impossible to find a spread for the three, or am i wrong o.o?
Basically i would have to select the frames of the bird that i want and select a spread and method 1 for it, right?

Yeah, they have different initial frames, but I saw that Oak release the birds at the same time. so if he release the birds at the same time i only can SR one bird? cause the three birds have different frames and it will be impossible to find a spread for the three, or am i wrong o.o?
Basically i would have to select the frames of the bird that i want and select a spread and method 1 for it, right?
Yeah you can only do one bird, unless you are using a flashcart.

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
Oh shit =( Im so pissed now ;o;!
So its basiccally the same steps right?
Lets say that im going for Timid Zapdos

Method 1
Timid nature
And i Substract 6 frames of the frame that im going, right?

EDIT: I have to do the flips before talking to Oak, right?

Oh shit =( Im so pissed now ;o;!
So its basiccally the same steps right?
Lets say that im going for Timid Zapdos

Method 1
Timid nature
And i Substract 6 frames of the frame that im going, right?

EDIT: I have to do the flips before talking to Oak, right?
Yes to all of those.

Don't killed birds respawn when you beat the E4? The guide implies they (as well as pretty much every legendary) do. And logically, they'd be "re-rolled" like the others, most obvious example being Giratina.

Don't killed birds respawn when you beat the E4? The guide implies they (as well as pretty much every legendary) do. And logically, they'd be "re-rolled" like the others, most obvious example being Giratina.
I don't think so because you can only get them after beating the E4 and getting the Nat. Dex. I would also assume that it would be kind of weird if you could K.O them, re-beat the E4 and then go back to Oak and he will release them again.

For Pokemon in grass (and most likely caves too), I've noticed a correlation between the entry of the encounter table used and the lower PID (last 4 digits of the hexadecimal PID - essentially the RNG call immediately before the RNG calls that generate the PID and IVs) of the previous Method 1 frame (example: If you Sweet Scent and land Frame 200 in Method J, look at the lower PID of Frame 199). Since my supporting data is from the Platinum Trophy Garden (and I don't think we have the tables for Platinum, and Platinum Trophy Garden is significantly different from D/P Trophy Garden), I can't make the exact connection, but we might want to look into comparing the species encountered with R*100/65535, where R is the lower PID of the previous frame.
I want to make some clarifications on this for my testing.

If I catch a method J frame 5 pokemon, do I look at the last 4 PID digits of method 1's frame 4 or the last 4 of method J's frame 4?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Last four of the Method 1 Frame. Basically you will need to find the Pokemon on the J listing and then switch to the 1 listing.

So:

Generate J
Find Pokemon on Frame 2
Generate 1
Use PID half of the Frame 1 PID

If this ends up being very error prone I might do an RNG Reporter release that just shows the raw RNG output for each Method 1 frame, or hack something together quickly that does the same thing.

@Sparko: Either way is fine. You can omit leading zeros only (i.e. 2087 is OK)

@Dark-Ryu: You are correct, unless you can miraculously find consecutive good spreads or play through the game three times, you can only aim for one bird.

@wdistance: Allowing the Happiness Checker (#6) to open advances the IRNG (the one that is used for getting shiny eggs). Otherwise, app switching does not affect any RNG. The Happiness checker does not have an effect if you switch past it quickly so that only the blank screen with 06 is shown (the app does not actually open).

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
@Sparko: Either way is fine. You can omit leading zeros only (i.e. 2087 is OK)

@Dark-Ryu: You are correct, unless you can miraculously find consecutive good spreads or play through the game three times, you can only aim for one bird.

@wdistance: Allowing the Happiness Checker (#6) to open advances the IRNG (the one that is used for getting shiny eggs). Otherwise, app switching does not affect any RNG. The Happiness checker does not have an effect if you switch past it quickly so that only the blank screen with 06 is shown (the app does not actually open).
Thank you man :pirate: And I thought that I would have 6 sexy birds xP
Now I only have one more bird in my other Plat :pirate:
Thanks!

no, what i meant was if i save before i get the egg, that one will stay but the rest will change if i turn the power off

if i don't turn off the power i can just progress down the list till i get the desired pokemon

no, what i meant was if i save before i get the egg, that one will stay but the rest will change if i turn the power off

if i don't turn off the power i can just progress down the list till i get the desired pokemon
Be more specific please next time.

Yes it does. Once the egg is made, it is done. The only thing left for the egg is the IVs.

but if i hit a few frames too early, if i dont turn off the power i can just go down the list getting eggs until i reach the desired frame

when you have your spread picked out, and you know which frame you have to get, does opening the journal to a page where you defeated or captured a pokemon advance the frame by 2, or does the frame only advance when you flip to a page that says defeated or captured?

I can't make the exact connection, but we might want to look into comparing the species encountered with R*100/65535, where R is the lower PID of the previous frame.
I did some catches and tried to make a correlation between the wild pokemon caught and the PID, and I couldn't find any noticeable connections. Maybe there is a different formula I can look at or maybe I just didn't notice something. What did you derive this formula from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)