Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

hmmm, I was browsing through spreads on the time finder, and I didn't find any flawless naive hp electric spreads :/ I thought anyone could catch any type of legendary, what gives?

hmmm, I was browsing through spreads on the time finder, and I didn't find any flawless naive hp electric spreads :/ I thought anyone could catch any type of legendary, what gives?
No you can't. You didn't find it cause it doesn't exist or the delay+frame is so ridiculously high, it wasn't listed. Why don't we have flawless adamant wild spreads, cause there isn't any. Think before you post next time.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
I did some catches and tried to make a correlation between the wild pokemon caught and the PID, and I couldn't find any noticeable connections. Maybe there is a different formula I can look at or maybe I just didn't notice something. What did you derive this formula from.
I took a guess about the formula. Are you looking at the right number? The number I found a connection with was the last 4 digits of the method 1 PID of the previous frame (If you sweet scent immediately, you'll want to look at frame 1 of Method 1).

The reason I ask is that I've found a very strong correlation between the species that appear and the aforementioned number. My results so far can be found here.

The Slot column refers to the slot in the encounter table (20.1 would be the first 20% slot). The Rand column contains the last 4 digits of the method 1 PID of the previous frame, the Rand (Dec) has the same number in decimal, and the %65535 column converts the random number to a number from 0 to 100 - Int(Rand*100/65535).

The information suggests the following connections:

1st 20% slot: 0 < %65535 < 20
2nd 20% slot: 20 < %65535 < 40
1st 10% slot: 40 < %65535 < 50
2nd 10% slot: 50 < %65535 < 60 (I actually haven't run into this yet in my research)
3rd 10% slot: 60 < %65535 < 70
4th 10% slot: 70 < %65535 < 80
1st 5% slot: 80 < %65535 < 85
2nd 5% slot: 85 < %65535 < 90
1st 4% slot: 90 < %65535 < 94
2nd 4% slot: 94 < %65535 < 98
1st 1% slot: 98 < %65535 < 99
2nd 1% slot: 99 < %65535 < 100

I'm not sure why you couldn't find one - I know of this one:

Seed 200802D4, Method J Frames 219, 227, 229, 231, 236, 243, 249
Naive 31/31/31/30/31/31

I heard that the RNG in Diamond and Pearl was a little different than the one in Platinum for Method J spreads. If so, how?

I cannot seem to get this right in my Pearl, I am trying to reset for a 31 all modest Giratina, and I got the delay, timing, and journal flips right, but it still has not appeared yet. Here is the info specifically -

Game ID - 45677
Secret ID - 50395

Seed - 52140289
Frame - 109 (that's 54 journal flips)
PID - F9426F72
Time - 9/25/2039 @ 20:54:59
Delay - 610

Wild eep: I didn't know what to do with the formula really, but I do now. I'll go over things and see if it does what you said.

Ok I got the same results as you. I was dividing the 65535 in hex and other mistakes on my end. But I got similar results, so I'm gonna test this later possibly, most likely tomorrow.

From the data I have and getting ditto from trophy garden on platinum, I found the trophy garden replaced this % range:

1st 5% slot: 80 < %65535 < 85

Hopefully with this knowledge, I'm going to look for spreads and see which ones are ditto.

Okay, so I had this awesome idea that would prevent myself from becoming overly angry. Since I have found that this spread that I want is available on 5 frames each 2 from each other (the others are 4 away) is it possible to stop in the third one so that if I messed up and hit it once or twice too few or too many times, I'll still get my spread? Or is there some sort of magic force that changes the RNG. If not, then this is an excellent technique and lowers the need to have awesome counting skills.

Oh, and I was wondering, does your delay and seconds vary depending on your game or depending on your save file? Because now that I've caught all these legendaries that I wish I could RNG abuse, I want to restart my game and SR them. This would be awesome if I didn't have to calibrate, because calibration is time-consuming.

Okay, so I had this awesome idea that would prevent myself from becoming overly angry. Since I have found that this spread that I want is available on 5 frames each 2 from each other (the others are 4 away) is it possible to stop in the third one so that if I messed up and hit it once or twice too few or too many times, I'll still get my spread? Or is there some sort of magic force that changes the RNG. If not, then this is an excellent technique and lowers the need to have awesome counting skills.

Oh, and I was wondering, does your delay and seconds vary depending on your game or depending on your save file? Because now that I've caught all these legendaries that I wish I could RNG abuse, I want to restart my game and SR them. This would be awesome if I didn't have to calibrate, because calibration is time-consuming.
To your second question, it shouldn't change the delay and seconds if you start a new save file. I don't believe the two have anything to do with a save file change.

Finally got the hang abbusing the shiny RNG, took me alot longer as I didn't realise LF's awesome ditto was international :(

EDIT: I meant Syb's ditto xD

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Amazingness
Wow, Eep, I am in the debugger verifying your work and it looks like you correctly deduced the formula. I have not dug into the actual routine doing the work (just looking at the results of the call from the RNG and then what I have to assume is the encounter routine) and I am predicting the results with your math.

Current RNG return: 0xD51F
Current Return from suspect encounter routine: 0x53

I am going to dig a little bit deeper to try to get a feel for the actual math they are doing and edit this later.

EDIT: The in game formula is actually RNG / 0x290 (no remainder, of course). Thanks to SCV for clueing me in that what I was looking at was the built in division routine for the game :P It would have taken me hours to figure out that the code I was looking at was just doing a simple division.

Wild Eep is probably and ex-employee from Nintendo!

Nice finding.
Actually, I think I know how he got the 65535, and he just found out how it goes together for the probabilities. The 65535 is the highest possible number the last 4 PID could be, which is FFFF in hex. But great job wild eep, this makes wild abusing so much easier.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
Wild Eep is probably and ex-employee from Nintendo!

Nice finding.
That would be really cool, but nope.

In other news, I found out how to get a Timid 31/31/31/31/31/31 Ditto. It turns out you need to get Backlot to put another Pokemon in the garden after Ditto is already in there. Then, using seed D2140289, sweet scent for frame 83 with a synchronizer. This will get the older of the two Trophy Garden specials.

It turns out that the Trophy Garden special Pokemon in Platinum occupy at least the 5% slots (the recent one in the first 5% slot, and the older one in the second 5% slot). We'll want to investigate a little more, but I believe that the trophy garden specials can only be found (in Platinum) at L22, not L23, since I've found non-special things in the 4% and 1% slots there...

Wild Eep, from reading your past posts, it appears you're quit experienced with RNG manipulation. That's great - we could sure use somebody that can help further the research on it! Great Ditto find!

PS: Can somebody help explain how Eep's discovery has made Wild Abusing easier?

Wild Eep, from reading your past posts, it appears you're quit experienced with RNG manipulation. That's great - we could sure use somebody that can help further the research on it! Great Ditto find!

PS: Can somebody help explain how Eep's discovery has made Wild Abusing easier?
If you look over the last 2/3 pages where he posted, it explains how you can find out what pokemon will show up on the frame you are going for. You take the last 4 digits from the previous frame in method 1 and do some math. Then you compare it to a certain table for the area.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
EDIT: The in game formula is actually RNG / 0x290 (no remainder, of course). Thanks to SCV for clueing me in that what I was looking at was the built in division routine for the game :P It would have taken me hours to figure out that the code I was looking at was just doing a simple division.
It's nice to see the formula is that simple!

Does it make sense to look at the PokeRadar next? I'm thinking using the Radar might give us a chance to get spreads not normally obtainable on Ditto (unless the Radar doesn't work like that). (My emphasis on Ditto arises from the fact that aside from Unown [100% encounter rate], everything else is breedable/legendary and can be obtained outside of simple wild encounters)

Previous messing around tells me that the use of the Radar advances the RNG by 8, but I'm not sure which call does what and how to find that out short of breaking into the game code.
We also have this, thanks to X-Act. From someone who never got chaining to work, the possibility to manipulate a chained shiny at 2 or something intrigues me. (The only reasons to do this would be to get shinies in cool balls or to get a [good?] blue Ditto)

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It's very clean and I suspected it may be. Glad it is :) Really I still think the next thing to do is to 100% map the results into the encounter charts. I am not sure if that's something I should try to do by looking at the debugger or just through testing, though. I think we'll find that what we think is what is going on, but it would be good to know. Also, complete docs on oddball cases like the trophy garden would be nice.

As for chaining -- The only think we're really doing is letting people put chain only pokemon that don't require egg moves into a cool ball, and to maybe get a few better ditto's. But, I really don't have a problem with figuring things out just to know, even if there is not a huge amount of practical application. So you certainly have my blessing :>

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
It's very clean and I suspected it may be. Glad it is :) Really I still think the next thing to do is to 100% map the results into the encounter charts. I am not sure if that's something I should try to do by looking at the debugger or just through testing, though. I think we'll find that what we think is what is going on, but it would be good to know. Also, complete docs on oddball cases like the trophy garden would be nice.

As for chaining -- The only think we're really doing is letting people put chain only pokemon that don't require egg moves into a cool ball, and to maybe get a few better ditto's. But, I really don't have a problem with figuring things out just to know, even if there is not a huge amount of practical application. So you certainly have my blessing :>
Another oddball case is the Great Marsh and the Pokemon sighted with the binoculars, but with all the NPCs, that might be tricky to solve.

About the Radar, the real question is: is there anything with more practical application still left unsolved?

mingot

free agent
Hrm, that's a good question. Short answer is not really.

Right now, I really can't think of anything more pressing that is going to yield positive results. Knowing exactly how the wondercard PID generation worked would be nice, but we already know there is zero correlation with IVs so it won't be possible (in my opinion) to exploit them at the same time as IVs.

ID/SID generation could be an interesting thing to figure out, especially if there is a correlation between the two that we could take advantage of.

Personally I need to work out a formula for doing an IV/PID on a chained Pokemon, but it doesn't net us anything usable.

All in all, it might be time to move to Fr/Lg or even Col/XD soon.

BTW, you do any programming at all?

EDIT: I am looking at the code that does the table lookups with the 0-99 number returned from the encounter routine so I will verify that tomorrow. Gotta sleep.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
Hrm, that's a good question. Short answer is not really.

Right now, I really can't think of anything more pressing that is going to yield positive results. Knowing exactly how the wondercard PID generation worked would be nice, but we already know there is zero correlation with IVs so it won't be possible (in my opinion) to exploit them at the same time as IVs.

ID/SID generation could be an interesting thing to figure out, especially if there is a correlation between the two that we could take advantage of.

Personally I need to work out a formula for doing an IV/PID on a chained Pokemon, but it doesn't net us anything usable.

All in all, it might be time to move to Fr/Lg or even Col/XD soon.

BTW, you do any programming at all?
ID/SID looks fun - I might look into some of that whenever I get around to restarting one of my games.

I have some knowledge of programming, but the full extent of it would be making an application (not on the scale of RNG Reporter though). It doesn't help any that I pretty much only know Visual Basic. :-/

Investigating game code is pretty much out of the question for me. :-(

Just wondering, is there a way to completely uninstall Mingot's RNG reporter? I keep getting errors whenever I try to click 'Generate' in the main window or try to exit the program, in which case I have to terminate process to close it, and even when I delete the folder from the Recycling Bin and download it, I still get the same error.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)