Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

1. I'm not in DW.
2. His wings move slightly in Turnback Cave. That is what I was wondering about.
3. And the coin flip method will advance my frame by 10 total, correct?
4 and 5. Thanks, I won't have to worry about that with coin flip method.

Thanks so much LF
Ok for 2, it won't advance and your calculations were right.
For 3, the coin flip only advances the egg RNG, so it doesn't advance it all so stick with the original calculations.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok for 2, it won't advance and your calculations were right.
For 3, the coin flip only advances the egg RNG, so it doesn't advance it all so stick with the original calculations.
Thank you so much! I may be able to have the giratina by the time i get home from my trip now!

I have a question about the IRNG, I have tried to catch a higher poke and then input the STATS in the reporter i got the seed and get the frames and all that but when i breed the poke it is not shiny or with the nature i wanted am i doing something wrong? I've been doing this since a friend wants some help and i wanted to try this way too, also when capturing the poke to get your seed by fishing a magikarp in that pool where they can go from lv.1 to 100 affects the frames you get or moves them to an undesired one?

found out about the RNG yesterday. Today I EV trained my shiny machoke I captured a while back. I'm not sure if I should be making a new thread about this, but I need help ASAP.

Machoke - #67 (Careful)
HP: 23
Att: 14
Def: 30
SpA: 6
SpD: 7
Speed: 8

I put this into the IV to PID app. I got D94F40C6.

I split it and the bin for each half is:

D94F-1101100101001111
40C6-100000011000110

I added a 0 to the one on the bottom is it's now 0100000011000110.

My ID in the game is 52005.

It's bin is 1100101100100101.

In two spots the numbers add up to be three. What do I do? The guide didn't say anything about threes. Did I do something wrong?

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If you use the "IVs to PID" function of the latest version of RNG Reporter, it has an option for you to enter your ID, and the IVs of your shiny pokemon, and it will figure out your secret ID for you.

I would still like an answer on how do you get the seed you want... cause I don't know how to manipulate it.
The date, time, and how long it takes for you to load your game determines your seed. If you were to hit continue at 1/1/01 at 1:00:30 each time, and if 620 frames (as in frames per second, not frames used in the various processes) were passed, you'd always hit the same seed. It involves a lot of date and time changing. The details needed to hit this seed are given in RNG reporter.

it doesn't matter when you save it, the movement of the NPCs is based on the delay when you SR. Just go with whatever you got during calibration. The calculator works all that sort of stuff out for you (that factor is already included in the calculations)

I need help with getting perfect wondercard pokemon. I have my game set up so the journal pops up, but now i have to "calibrate" my game? My DS shoulder buttons are broken so i cant SR, is there anything else i can do? Do i even need to do the calibration phase?

@ Shinymilotic13: If you are catching a legendary, you don't need frame calibration. Unlike Solaceon Town, Heatran's room is a quiet zone so your frame always starts at 1. Save in front of Heatran, then try to hit your second and delay. Once the game starts (you don't need the journal to pop up before you enter the game world), verify your seed using the coin flip method, then do (743 - 1) / 2 = 371 journal flips and start the battle. A differece of 4 should be within your delay range to hit without changing the year, but you can do that if you are having trouble.

@ viperGTS: Simply replace the soft reset with a hard reset. Instead of pressing the SR buttons at the appropriate time, press "start game" on the DS main screen. You may have to recalibrate since you might hit a different second this way. As soon as you hit "continue" and the journal pops up, press start to cancel it and immediately collect your Wonder Card. Go outside and quickly fly to wherever there are high-level Pokemon (I go to the survival area and run immediately right onto route 226). Catch one and use it to determine your seed, then put that into the RNG Reporter main window and generate by method 1. Check the IVs of your Wonder Card and see what frame you hit. Repeat until you are confident you will hit a certain frame, then you can try to actually hit your target, using the journal to advance the frame before the game actually starts.

When breeding for perfect IVs, does it matter if you use an everstone?

(P.S. How time consuming is breeding for perfect IV pokemon? I don't have 5+ hours this week to do it)

When breeding for perfect IVs, does it matter if you use an everstone?

(P.S. How time consuming is breeding for perfect IV pokemon? I don't have 5+ hours this week to do it)
Everstone has no effect on IV inheritance, only nature. If you're locked in on a proper natured egg, you should be fine. IV RNG abuse takes longer than wild/legend abuse. I spent 10 hours on my first breed RNG abuse, but that was closer to the beginning of this whole thing and that factors in calibration and retarded mistakes.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey, I need a favor.

I need to know of a place where you can fish with a super or good rod, other than the feebas pool, where there are 5 different Pokemon you can catch. In Pearl. Anyone know of a place?

PS. If anyone is trying to use the current encounter "math" that has been published when surfing, scenting in water, or fishing it will not work. I have updated the post on the 1st page with information for surfing and scenting, but I am still working out fishing. I think I know whats going on in the code, just need to verify it in game before I publish.

Hey, I need a favor.

I need to know of a place where you can fish with a super or good rod, other than the feebas pool, where there are 5 different Pokemon you can catch. In Pearl. Anyone know if a place?
According to a guide in GameFAQs you can catch this by fishing in the Great Marsh:
Water:

- Magikarp 100% (Old Rod), 65% (Good Rod)
- Gyarados 5% (Good Rod) 5% (Super Rod)
- Barboach 30% (Good Rod)
- Whiscash 65% (Super Rod)
- Carvanha 35% (Super Rod)

Hope that helps.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ah, I need one where there are 5 different Pokemon with a single type of rod :/

And I am pretty sure those numbers are incorrect :)

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
PS. If anyone is trying to use the current encounter "math" that has been published when surfing, scenting in water, or fishing it will not work. I have updated the post on the 1st page with information for surfing and scenting, but I am still working out fishing. I think I know whats going on in the code, just need to verify it in game before I publish.
Found that out the hard way ;x lol at shiny timid whiscash
The Feebas encounter slots are really weird - while I got a Feebas with a calculated number of 12, a 14 got me a Whiscash, which broke the slot ranges. Same thing happened between around 32-33. 10 seemed to work again, though. 61 also worked....I think. Caught too many to remember well;

I don't know about any fishing spot with five different Pokemon, sorry :< Celestic Town has 4 different Pokemon with a Super Rod, but that's not 5. Serebii's Pokearth has listings, which I'm looking through at the moment.

mingot

free agent
Ah that might work if the levels are different (the idea is for me to know what slot I got). Additionally, I do believe that it is going to be method the frame before the frame before the method J frame. I will check celestic town out and if the one duplicate pokemon is a different level that will definately work out for me.

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Alright, good luck :D
Apparently there are Gyarados, Corphish, Crawdaunt, and Seaking there.

Syberia

[custom user title]
The game determines a new location for roaming pokemon every time you load your save, so yes, they will advance an extra frame no matter where you save.

Syberia

[custom user title]
What do you mean "how do I find the coin flips?" To find out what the coin flips will be for the seed you're trying to hit, enter the seed, put RNG Reporter in "DPPt Egg PID (normal)" mode, with none of the IV boxes or nature boxes filled in, and click generate. The coin flips that appear in the list (they have their own column) will be, in order, the coin flips you will get if you hit your correct seed.

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding whats going on here, but I think I'm getting there.

I'm in the callibration phase - should all my seeds be different?

Also, I'm getting around 12/13 seconds and delays around 610. Is this alright?

@ Shinymilotic13: You misunderstand. Don't look in the same frame, read vertically down the "Coin" column from frame 1. That is your test flip sequence.

Aaah, thanks alot :)

Edit: Just got the flips that it listed vertically from frame 1, so that means I hit 610 delay? Should I exit Heatran's room and catch a pokemon? or do people in there move and mess up your frame?
No one moves in that mountain so it wouldn't affect it, I believe. But you don't know how to calculate it afterwards I think. It would be easier just to do the journal flips and not catch a pokemon. If you got the first 10 flips correct, it should be right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)