Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

^Which-ever ability is Run Away for Aipom, which is Ability 0.
Thank you!
Also, What happened to the ability number page?
I always used to go on it from Bearsfan092's Rng videos, and today, I clicked the link, and it said "Oops! No page" or something. :|

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Man! There's a ton of questions here!!! Where's that lazy Mingnot!? XD

RockinX-I'm pretty sure you've got all the numbers shifted 1 to the right. It probably means for you to set up your DS clock so that you can enter the game exactly at "12(hours):03(minutes):59(seconds)" on whatever date it gave you. I'm pretty sure the "nanoseconds" don't matter...

Ario-
1)You can either start the game, don't pick up the egg, and just wait a few seconds and save again in order to change the frame you get, or go to the DPPt Egg IVs tab and pick a different "even" target spread that is 4 or higher either by changing your date and generating completely new spreads, or just widening your frame search. If you even pause for a millisecond before picking up the egg your frame will jump wildly and uncontrolably. Don't waste your time trying that.
2)A page w/caught/defeated pokes always advances the frame by 2. Traded pokes do nothing.

Stevebomb-Never sweetscented so I don't know about the 1st part, but about the second part, if your 10 verification coinflips don't match what they should, you missed your seed (get used to it, it will happen a lot) and you must start over. There's no point in journal flipping or sweetscenting because you will not get what you're trying to get if you missed your seed.

[edit]
And Ericcc, there should be a little button on the right side of the reporter that will tell you which ability corresponds to which number. I think it's called "Dex" or something about that...

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Next time, you should use the Dex / IV check function of the RNG reporter, which lists abilities.

@mattj: No help for my question about Bebe's Eevee? :(

RockinX-I'm pretty sure you've got all the numbers shifted 1 to the right. It probably means for you to set up your DS clock so that you can enter the game exactly at "12(hours):03(minutes):59(seconds)" on whatever date it gave you. I'm pretty sure the "nanoseconds" don't matter...

Ario-
1)You can either start the game, don't pick up the egg, and just wait a few seconds and save again in order to change the frame you get, or go to the DPPt Egg IVs tab and pick a different "even" target spread that is 4 or higher either by changing your date and generating completely new spreads, or just widening your frame search. If you even pause for a millisecond before picking up the egg your frame will jump wildly and uncontrolably. Don't waste your time trying that.
2)A page w/caught/defeated pokes always advances the frame by 2. Traded pokes do nothing.

Stevebomb-Never sweetscented so I don't know about the 1st part, but about the second part, if your 10 verification coinflips don't match what they should, you missed your seed (get used to it, it will happen a lot) and you must start over. There's no point in journal flipping or sweetscenting because you will not get what you're trying to get if you missed your seed.

So they dont match, i go set me DS time back to what it should be and try again but is it just luck getting the needed coin flips? or if you dont get it right you did something wrong?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Next time, you should use the Dex / IV check function of the RNG reporter, which lists abilities.

@mattj: No help for my question about Bebe's Eevee? :(
Oh, is that HG/SS??? I'm no expert on that, but if all that I've read in the research thread is correct, and if the eevee you speak of makes "random movements" then yes, each turn should equal 1 advancement. Hope she's not too hyper!

[edit]
Stevebomb-It's part luck, but it's mostly just learning to consistently hit your delay and time. A lot of people (not me) use Emloop because it has a timer on it, and some other people use metronomes so they tap at a very consistent beat, and even others just tap to the beat of their favorite song! I just wing it and usually get it 1/3 or 1/4 times.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
No, it's Platinum. I'm talking about the gift Eevee you get in Hearthome.

To see what I mean, she's in the house right next to the Pokemon center. Idk if her movements advance the frame..

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
No, it's Platinum. I'm talking about the gift Eevee you get in Hearthome.
Oh! Ha! I only bought Plat to get a L50 Heatran for the VGCs (got me all the way to Worlds ;D) so I haven't done like any of the sidequests and whatnot in it! XD Silly me!

If she's an NPC that makes any "random" movements, it does make a call to the RNG each time.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus

Thanks, I figured so. I'm more used to RNG abusing Emerald, so I thought I had to wait 12 minutes. Also, I keep reading about advancing the RNG, is it really necessary to do it?

RockinX

is a Contributor Alumnus
It's only unnecessary if the target is on the starting frame. 99.99% of the time you will need to advance the RNG.
I watched your videos, they're awesome! Thanks for those, really.

Is the starting frame the one that is calculated before adding the delay? How do you advance the RNG on HGSS?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I watched your videos, they're awesome! Thanks for those, really.

Is the starting frame the one that is calculated before adding the delay? How do you advance the RNG on HGSS?
1) Walk 128 steps with X amount of pokes in your party
2) "Detune" (whatever that means) the bottom RIGHT(iirc) station on your radio to advance by 1 each time, except on Wendnesdays and Thursdays.

RockinX

is a Contributor Alumnus
1) Walk 128 steps with X amount of pokes in your party
2) "Detune" (whatever that means) the bottom RIGHT(iirc) station on your radio to advance by 1 each time, except on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Your help is appreciated, thanks. Though, how many frames per party member do the 128 steps advance?

Can someone just verify that i'll be doing this right, since this is my first attempt at a radar abuse? Just don't want to mess up.

Okay, my target pokemon is on frame 57 (yeah, i know, it's really low for this). So I come into the game, verify that I hit the delay and radar (plus 10 since I'm on a plot that will guarentee all 4). So that puts me at 11. I walk to the nearest sparkly patch, adding X to the frame from however many steps I take. Catch the pokemon if it's my target (Bagon), and calculate it's actual frame. From there, I add 5 for the battle (already added one after the radar).

Do the neccesary page flips, and radar again. Here's my big question, is everything set from when I radar, or when I step into the patch? I'm going to assume when I use it, or it would become un-predictable earlier on. Anyways, after radaring, if it's from when I use it, I just walk into the patch and theoretically, there will be my pokemon. Is this right?
I would go for a higher frame on this one, but I can't get the pokemon I want at a higher frame due to slots.
Is this right?

Is this right?
Well, you don't need to worry about frame advancement before you catch your first poke, because that will tell you exactly what frame you are on. I'm not sure what you mean by "everything is set." Nothing is set when you radar except for probably the pokemon type in the patch, that is why you can use the radar, calculate journal flips based on your current frame and how many steps you need to take, and get your spread. And frame 57 is pretty much impossible if you plan on using the radar twice, it takes 50 steps to recharge it alone, unless of course you're using an AR code so you don't have to charge it. But the chances of you radaring and walking into a patch with your target pokemon in one try are not very good. Try to get a different seed for the same spread where the flips are higher. Also, I'm pretty sure Bagon is on a route with a NPC that you cannot immobilize with the Vs Seeker (at least for platinum it is), so that will make this infinitely harder.

I have some n00b-questions about HG SS abusing.

Can you use PokeRNG to find shiny spreads?

And since there is no coin flip to check the seed, basically I set the time and then try to hit the delay and time, create a save state and controll if the seed is right and if it is I go back to the save state and advance the frame?

I have some n00b-questions about HG SS abusing.

Can you use PokeRNG to find shiny spreads?

And since there is no coin flip to check the seed, basically I set the time and then try to hit the delay and time, create a save state and controll if the seed is right and if it is I go back to the save state and advance the frame?
yes we can use pokerng to find (shiny) spreads

ehh i dont think you need a save state for this, as long as you catch a pokemon, then check the delay and add the amount of frames for the caught pokemon (4 for fishing for example) to your total amount of frames needed.

using save states is also fine though :)

How does one use the RNG Reporter to breed shinies in HeartGold and SoulSilver? Thanks. :D

EDIT:
Thank you very much LightningFusion. Seems a bit tricky but I'll try it anyway when I find the time. :D

How does one use the RNG Reporter to breed shinies in HeartGold and SoulSilver? Thanks. :D
The same way in DPPt. The difference between the games are the delay shift and the egg rng seems to "skip" some of the PIDs. There is no reliable way to advance it as of now, so you have to use one of the shiny finders for eggs to get a low frame and hope it doesn't get skipped.

Good lord, RNG abuse is hard. >_>

I have a couple of questions, please answer them(if you can) with the fullest detail possible, you don't know how confused I am at this point. Ugh,

1. If I use Action Replay, how long to I need to extend my seconds? For example, if my second was 14(which is my average), then from "Start Game" on Action Replay start up screen, how much longer does it take to get to "Continue" screen, because after your press "Start" then the screen goes white and takes a bit longer to load.

2.What on earth are frames, when hatching eggs. I know how to calibrate for them and all, but what do I do with the information? For example, if my frame is 6, then can I choose a spread on RNG time finder with a frame of 6?

Ugh, this is confusing stuff, thanks to anyone who can answer my questions.

Good lord, RNG abuse is hard. >_>

I have a couple of questions, please answer them(if you can) with the fullest detail possible, you don't know how confused I am at this point. Ugh,

1. If I use Action Replay, how long to I need to extend my seconds? For example, if my second was 14(which is my average), then from "Start Game" on Action Replay start up screen, how much longer does it take to get to "Continue" screen, because after your press "Start" then the screen goes white and takes a bit longer to load.

2.What on earth are frames, when hatching eggs. I know how to calibrate for them and all, but what do I do with the information? For example, if my frame is 6, then can I choose a spread on RNG time finder with a frame of 6?

Ugh, this is confusing stuff, thanks to anyone who can answer my questions.
1. When I use AR, my seconds vary between 16 and 17, so I typically reset at 60.4 seconds (using emloop as my timer) which guarantees that I will always hit 17 seconds.

2. Frames are basically each individual egg you would get if you continuously took eggs and hatched them from the daycare man. Based on a calibrated frame of 6, you are able to use a target that has frame 6, and any even number above that. This is possible because you can use the journal to advance two frames at a time by viewing a page with a captured or defeated pokemon on it.

Yea, I've been getting 16 and 17 for a while now too. :/

But NOW, my frames are varying so much, like first I got 7, then 6, and now 8.
:|
Grr.

Edit. I rapidly smashed A, and none of the NPC's moved. :|

Haha yeah, once you get the other stuff down, it's usually the frames that are annoying. Sometimes it's helpful to resave and recalibrate to get a frame that is more consistent.

Yea, true true. My frame is 7. @_@
Wtf am I supposed to do with that D:
What do you think is a good frame to work with? Even?

Edit nevermind.
I just got this spread;
Aipom Timid
Run Away
25|31||31|29|20|31

Eh, I'm happy with that.
Thanks Riddlinkid!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)