Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Ok im trying to PokeRadar Abuse and my Frame is 554, so can someone tell me if im doing this right?
Say 4 Patches Popped up so
554-1 (Monster Frame)-10 (# of Patches) And say the Patch was 3 Steps away
So
554-1-10-3 Right which would be 270 Journal Flips, right? And that still might be wrong due to a random advancement or a 128 Step Counter....

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok im trying to PokeRadar Abuse and my Frame is 554, so can someone tell me if im doing this right?
Say 4 Patches Popped up so
554-1 (Monster Frame)-10 (# of Patches) And say the Patch was 3 Steps away
So
554-1-10-3 Right which would be 270 Journal Flips, right? And that still might be wrong due to a random advancement or a 128 Step Counter....
yes except you forgot to subtract 5 for battling the pokemon

Ok still trying to PokeRadar Abuse and was just wondering again if the Math on this is correct....
Frame is 554 so...
554-10 (4 Patches)-6 (For Battling the Pokemon and The Monster Frame) and the Patch is 6 Steps away so -6 right?
554-22=532/2=266 Flips?
And i was wondering about the -5 for Battling the Pokemon, what if the only Pokemon you battle is the First Patach you run into? Do you still subtract 5? Thanks in advance :)

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok still trying to PokeRadar Abuse and was just wondering again if the Math on this is correct....
Frame is 554 so...
554-10 (4 Patches)-6 (For Battling the Pokemon and The Monster Frame) and the Patch is 6 Steps away so -6 right?
554-22=532/2=266 Flips?
And i was wondering about the -5 for Battling the Pokemon, what if the only Pokemon you battle is the First Patach you run into? Do you still subtract 5? Thanks in advance :)
yes getting into a battle will advance the frame by 5 even if its the first patch as long as a battle commences the frames will advance by 5, and make sure your patch doesn't involve turning to get to it and remember that sometimes on rare occasions taking a step forward will advance the frames by 2

yes getting into a battle will advance the frame by 5 even if its the first patch as long as a battle commences the frames will advance by 5, and make sure your patch doesn't involve turning to get to it and remember that sometimes on rare occasions taking a step forward will advance the frames by 2
Unfortuneatly i do need to turn once to get to it im 5 patches away and need to tunr once

xxx^xx
xxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxxx
xx*xxx
^ is me
* is the patch
Lol crappy graph but only way i can actually explain it X_x

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
Unfortuneatly i do need to turn once to get to it im 5 patches away and need to tunr once

xxx^xx
xxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxxx
xx*xxx
^ is me
* is the patch
Lol crappy graph but only way i can actually explain it X_x
ok then turning will advance the frames by 1 so turning then taking a step will count as two frame advancements

ok then turning will advance the frames by 1 so turning then taking a step will count as two frame advancements
Ok so i need to turn twice and take 5 steps and that would advance it by 7 so im gunna need to turn once more to make that even right? thanks for all the help :D

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
Ok so i need to turn twice and take 5 steps and that would advance it by 7 so im gunna need to turn once more to make that even right? thanks for all the help :D
yes just make sure your facing the patch so you can take that final step, land on the patch to make it an even 8

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Anybody know if there are wild pokes in Lugia's room, or moving NPCs, or anything? Heading that way now, but I'd like any advice about stuff to watch out for ya know?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
Anybody know if there are wild pokes in Lugia's room, or moving NPCs, or anything? Heading that way now, but I'd like any advice about stuff to watch out for ya know?
there shouldn't be the kimono girls there are stable they dont move after they've done thier dance, and if this is in HG then no NPCs at all

When choosing a Spread for PokeRadar Abuse do you have to use a Frame with an Encoutner Slot of the Pokemon you want?

The pokemon for the patch is based off the same as the Sweet scent encounter slot. The pokemon radar slot for the encounter slots does not always get the radar pokemon. As of right now, I am unsure what determines if it will be the radar pokemon or not, but the best odds to get your target radar pokemon and the right frame, is to catch one first, getting you a chain of one.
So im guessing not? ^^^

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
When choosing a Spread for PokeRadar Abuse do you have to use a Frame with an Encoutner Slot of the Pokemon you want?

So im guessing not? ^^^
nope wont make a difference that's why the guide says to start a chain of one to improve your odds of getting the poke you want

i dont understand anything about DPP breeding perfect pokemons, could someone explain it in a PM in a less mathematic way?? i cant understand a thing in the whole thread..

I wouldn't JRT, just because it's not too far off from the middle between 28 and 29. That half a second is a fair amount of delay increases.

Can anyone verify that Shaymin is frame 1? Every time I've tested it, it's started on 2 (well, actually 4 due to the journal poping up at the start).

i dont understand anything about DPP breeding perfect pokemons, could someone explain it in a PM in a less mathematic way?? i cant understand a thing in the whole thread..
Get on #smogonwifi, open a chat window, and I'll walk you through it
Can anyone verify that Shaymin is frame 1? Every time I've tested it, it's started on 2 (well, actually 4 due to the journal poping up at the start).
Definitely 1. Try saving in front of Shaymin on the day you want to catch it so you don't have to worry about the journal.

Supe

would you suck the poison out
Are you sure you don't have a runner out? I messed up my heatran like 3 times before I realized I had Mesprit out.

Alright, I'm back!

So now I am trying to breed a perfect Riolu with Bullet punch. I have already gotten the correct Egg PID and saved in front of the daycare man. I always get a male Riolu with Bullet punch, Adamant Nature, and Inner Focus.

So now I am trying to breed for good IVs. I don't know the exact IVs of my parents, which is somewhat of a problem... it is taking me too long to get them high enough to determine their IVs so I got them very close:

Parent A: Ditto
Nature: Relaxed
Characteristic: Somewhat of a Clown

IVs
11-12
11-12
22-23
22-23
7-8

Parent B: Lucario
Nature: Naive
Characteristic: Likes to Run

IVs
2-3
6-7
25-26
18-20
8-10

So I have read the faq again, but I am still confused on a few things:

When you start the game, do you always start on frame 1? Or do you start on a specific frame? I have been doing the frame calibration part, and I have gotten between 4 and 7.

The movement of NPCs advances the frame, correct? Since I am picking up the egg from the daycare, does the NPC bunny in the bottom lefthand corner of the screen advance the frame as well?

I am trying to soft reset currently, but I can not seem to get the right spread. Also, I can't find my failed result in the adjacent spreads. Am I missing something?

And my final question... I have heard that encountering the journal initially upon continuing will not increase the frame by 2 if you have a caught a pokemon on that page, but I have also heard the opposite. Does this affect the frame?

Thanks again for all of your help!

opiaboy

Alright, I'm back!

So now I am trying to breed a perfect Riolu with Bullet punch. I have already gotten the correct Egg PID and saved in front of the daycare man. I always get a male Riolu with Bullet punch, Adamant Nature, and Inner Focus.

So now I am trying to breed for good IVs. I don't know the exact IVs of my parents, which is somewhat of a problem... it is taking me too long to get them high enough to determine their IVs so I got them very close:

Parent A: Ditto
Nature: Relaxed
Characteristic: Somewhat of a Clown

IVs
11-12
11-12
22-23
22-23
7-8

Parent B: Lucario
Nature: Naive
Characteristic: Likes to Run

IVs
2-3
6-7
25-26
18-20
8-10

These are terrible parents. Get LF's flawless ditto. It will make things much easier. You still need to pass a couple 31's to get a quint/hex flawless baby.

So I have read the faq again, but I am still confused on a few things:

When you start the game, do you always start on frame 1? Or do you start on a specific frame? I have been doing the frame calibration part, and I have gotten between 4 and 7.
Right, this changes from each time you save the game. If you save in front of the man one time, it might be 2. Another time, it might be 9. Usually it's somewhere 1-10.

The movement of NPCs advances the frame, correct? Since I am picking up the egg from the daycare, does the NPC bunny in the bottom lefthand corner of the screen advance the frame as well?
I'm a little out of date and was under the impression it did NOT change the frame. I've heard others say otherwise.

I am trying to soft reset currently, but I can not seem to get the right spread. Also, I can't find my failed result in the adjacent spreads. Am I missing something?
Well, you didn't hit the right delay, frame, and time close enough to be within the adjacents. Find out what you did hit.

And my final question... I have heard that encountering the journal initially upon continuing will not increase the frame by 2 if you have a caught a pokemon on that page, but I have also heard the opposite. Does this affect the frame?
If there is a caught pokemon on the first page, it WILL advance by 2.

Thanks again for all of your help!

opiaboy
Responses in bold

These are terrible parents. Get LF's flawless ditto. It will make things much easier. You still need to pass a couple 31's to get a quint/hex flawless baby.
If you do the breeding in several steps, shouldn't you be able to get a near-flawless Poke eventually? Say first time, just go for a spread with a couple of 31 IVs, then breed that baby to inherit them and add another, and so on.
It's true that it will take longer than trading for someone's flawless Pokemon, (especially in this case since Riolu can't breed), but it's certainly possible to reach hex-flawless starting from scratch, as it were.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)